The NEW Marvel POP! Updates Thread

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
jesusunzueta89

Re: The NEW Marvel POP! Updates Thread (Updated March 30 #AvengeTheFallen)

Postby jesusunzueta89 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:31 pm

I loved the line so much, the bad thing is that my Wallet is bleeding
:fdo91:

Road to 1000 Marvel POP's

pberickp

Postby pberickp » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:04 pm

Agree that the Far From Home POP!'s look amazing.
Hi, my name is Erick. I live in San Diego and I love Spastik Plastik.
ISO: Luther (glow), metallic green Sam, Pulpos from SDCC Funko Supermarket, & any T-Bone other than blue and red.
SDCC 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
ImageImage

keyese

Postby keyese » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:15 pm

Hawkeye's Pop looks the best out of the bunch.
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

weird888

Postby weird888 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:39 pm

ScarletFunko wrote:Well got my glow Tony and reserved the glow Thor and Tee bundle from GS. The hot topic one should easy enough to snag. That just leaves FYE Cap which I'm thinking will be a pain. Also anyone else notice the price on the Thor & Tee bundle?? Ridiculous....

Haha that was the reason I didn't get it. $34.99 seems a bit absurd and it's just below the free shipping price too lol

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:28 pm

weird888 wrote:
ScarletFunko wrote:Well got my glow Tony and reserved the glow Thor and Tee bundle from GS. The hot topic one should easy enough to snag. That just leaves FYE Cap which I'm thinking will be a pain. Also anyone else notice the price on the Thor & Tee bundle?? Ridiculous....

Haha that was the reason I didn't get it. $34.99 seems a bit absurd and it's just below the free shipping price too lol

Luckily I have some rewards saved up to knock down the price a bit! And with how good the glow Tony looks there is no way I can pass on the others
Higher, Further, Faster

weird888

Postby weird888 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:02 pm

ScarletFunko wrote:
weird888 wrote:

Luckily I have some rewards saved up to knock down the price a bit! And with how good the glow Tony looks there is no way I can pass on the others

I wanted a little difference between the 4 not all GITD. That would have made them more interesting to me.

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:05 pm

weird888 wrote:
ScarletFunko wrote:
weird888 wrote:

I wanted a little difference between the 4 not all GITD. That would have made them more interesting to me.

Fair enough. For me that is the appeal though. I like the uniformity of the outfits and having the core four glow and stand out slightly next to the others seems cool to me. But hey you're gonna save a lot by not getting em all! Whereas I'm about to drop $100+ for four pops :eek:
Higher, Further, Faster

Tilter

Postby Tilter » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:19 pm

Does Marvel have Ad Icon esque popes? Did I miss something that got deleted?
ImageImageImage

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:27 pm

Tilter wrote:Does Marvel have Ad Icon esque popes? Did I miss something that got deleted?

It was just the Geoffrey as Iron Man from last year, but I left the label there just in case we get others in the future!

Image Image Image Image
First Funko Product: Captain Rex Wobbler
First POP: Deadpool

2017fanatic

Postby 2017fanatic » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:03 pm

saw the hot topic post on dark phoenix! can't wait! hoping to score!!
Funatic of all things Funko!!

Tilter

Postby Tilter » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:19 am

jkcohen626 wrote:
Tilter wrote:Does Marvel have Ad Icon esque popes? Did I miss something that got deleted?

It was just the Geoffrey as Iron Man from last year, but I left the label there just in case we get others in the future!

Ah yes, thanks. I thought something was leaked that wasn't suppose to be known. Captain America Tony the Tiger.
ImageImageImage

pberickp

Postby pberickp » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:28 pm

2017fanatic wrote:saw the hot topic post on dark phoenix! can't wait! hoping to score!!

Yeah that POP! Looks awesome
Hi, my name is Erick. I live in San Diego and I love Spastik Plastik.
ISO: Luther (glow), metallic green Sam, Pulpos from SDCC Funko Supermarket, & any T-Bone other than blue and red.
SDCC 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
ImageImage

franzsy0519

Postby franzsy0519 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:54 am

From the Endgame releases, you guys think there would be at least one Pop which doesn't make it into the movie? Kinda like Hulk busting out from Hulkbuster last year, sly move by Marvel so we couldn't predict what happens in the movie lol

I'm guessing Thor won't actually wear the team suit in the movie. Unless they purposedly kept it from the trailers.
Funko Funatic Philippines since Oct. 2013 \:D/

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:32 am

Surprise! No one wears the team suits! It's all for the trailers only!

I'd have to just sit back and laugh.

jesusunzueta89

Postby jesusunzueta89 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:55 am

JohnnyPOP wrote:Surprise! No one wears the team suits! It's all for the trailers only!

That would be a low move, but I can see it happening lol lol lol

ImranC23

Postby ImranC23 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:57 pm

franzsy0519 wrote:From the Endgame releases, you guys think there would be at least one Pop which doesn't make it into the movie? Kinda like Hulk busting out from Hulkbuster last year, sly move by Marvel so we couldn't predict what happens in the movie lol

I'm guessing Thor won't actually wear the team suit in the movie. Unless they purposedly kept it from the trailers.

The issue with the pops is they’re done off of concept art provided by Marvel Studios. It’s why the first two Infinity War Cap pops have short hair as opposed to his long hair from the movie like the movie moment. Also same goes for Hulk busting out of Hulkbuster. They filmed that scene and it was shown in concept art for multiple toy companies but was cut from the film.
ImageImage

Funatic of the Week: March 8th 2019
Instagram:shelfofimran
ISO:Black Cat Prototype, Freddy Funko Boba Fett, Freddy Funko as Venom

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:03 pm

ImranC23 wrote:
franzsy0519 wrote:From the Endgame releases, you guys think there would be at least one Pop which doesn't make it into the movie? Kinda like Hulk busting out from Hulkbuster last year, sly move by Marvel so we couldn't predict what happens in the movie lol

The issue with the pops is they’re done off of concept art provided by Marvel Studios. It’s why the first two Infinity War Cap pops have short hair as opposed to his long hair from the movie like the movie moment. Also same goes for Hulk busting out of Hulkbuster. They filmed that scene and it was shown in concept art for multiple toy companies but was cut from the film.

Still super happy that pop was made though lol
Higher, Further, Faster

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:06 pm

ImranC23 wrote:

Higher, Further, Faster

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:18 pm

ImranC23 wrote:

Actually, Hulk was never meant to appear in Wakanda and the scene wasn't shot. I believe that it was just that somebody at either Marvel or Funko thought it would be cool and realized that they could make more money off of it.

But it is true that products are often based off of concept art and can have some inaccuracies. Thanos smiling in infinity War products (he never had a huge, evil smile in IW) and the blue glow on Black Panther are others that come to mind for me.
Image Image Image Image

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:25 pm

ScarletFunko wrote:
ImranC23 wrote:

Oh yeah, it's definitely still EPIC!
Image Image Image Image

jesusunzueta89

Postby jesusunzueta89 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:08 pm

I just Finished Watching Cloak & Dagger, and definitely think that wee need this 2 on a 2 pack, I would really like if we also get Legion and The gifted POP's

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:16 pm

jesusunzueta89 wrote:I just Finished Watching Cloak & Dagger, and definitely think that wee need this 2 on a 2 pack, I would really like if we also get Legion and The gifted POP's

I don't think we'll see The Gifted anytime soon, but I'd love to get Cloak and Dagger Pops! I'm surprised they haven't shown up yet but maybe we'll see them this year.

jesusunzueta89

Postby jesusunzueta89 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:24 pm

JohnnyPOP wrote:
jesusunzueta89 wrote:I just Finished Watching Cloak & Dagger, and definitely think that wee need this 2 on a 2 pack, I would really like if we also get Legion and The gifted POP's

I don't think we'll see The Gifted anytime soon, but I'd love to get Cloak and Dagger Pops! I'm surprised they haven't shown up yet but maybe we'll see them this year.

I really really hope so, mostly because the Show is connected with the MCU, the Netflix Shows and Agent Carter, therefor Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. as well :freddy2:

Nemesis989

Postby Nemesis989 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:36 pm

2017fanatic wrote:saw the hot topic post on dark phoenix! can't wait! hoping to score!!

Did you catch a release date on that? I can't seem to find anything
Thank you everyone for this awesome community

2017fanatic

Postby 2017fanatic » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:06 pm

Nemesis989 wrote:

Did you catch a release date on that? I can't seem to find anything

Not yet, I'm still keeping my eyes open!
Funatic of all things Funko!!

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:42 am

jesusunzueta89 wrote:
JohnnyPOP wrote:Surprise! No one wears the team suits! It's all for the trailers only!

Or they do wear the suits, but it's for a PR thing after everything to make the public happy!
Image ImageImage Image

Rantt

Postby Rantt » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:53 am

It’s such a good series!!!! Hoping they make some pops too!
:freddy2: Kent Chua

ISO: AstroBoy Protos, Maleficent Protos, Funko Freddy Protos.

Loki437

Postby Loki437 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:01 am

I’m really loving that hot topic Dark Phoenix!
Hi I'm Brandon
Funklub Member: 3538
ImageImage

rontonsoup

Postby rontonsoup » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:12 am

The new Dark Phoenix Pop looks dope
Collecting since 2014: "A couple that collects together, stays together."

jesusunzueta89

Postby jesusunzueta89 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:11 am

Katers wrote:
jesusunzueta89 wrote:

Or they do wear the suits, but it's for a PR thing after everything to make the public happy!

It's for a Group Class that they are taking together lol

jesusunzueta89

Postby jesusunzueta89 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:14 am

Rantt wrote:

Yeah I know that we don't get any big Comic book Villain, but a Cloak with his Shadow form and Dagger with 2 GITD Daggers on her hands would be really cool :freddy2:

Rantt

Postby Rantt » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:12 pm

jesusunzueta89 wrote:
Rantt wrote:

Yeah I know that we don't get any big Comic book Villain, but a Cloak with his Shadow form and Dagger with 2 GITD Daggers on her hands would be really cool :freddy2:

It's a good idea!! Especially gitd on Tanny
:freddy2: Kent Chua

ISO: AstroBoy Protos, Maleficent Protos, Funko Freddy Protos.

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:38 pm

jesusunzueta89 wrote:
Rantt wrote:

I'd be all over those!!

franzsy0519

Postby franzsy0519 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:46 pm

jkcohen626 wrote:
ImranC23 wrote:

Actually, Hulk was never meant to appear in Wakanda and the scene wasn't shot. I believe that it was just that somebody at either Marvel or Funko thought it would be cool and realized that they could make more money off of it.

But it is true that products are often based off of concept art and can have some inaccuracies. Thanos smiling in infinity War products (he never had a huge, evil smile in IW) and the blue glow on Black Panther are others that come to mind for me.

Well that explains some things! I really though Hulk busting out of Hulkbuster was meant to throw people off. Especially since the fake shot of Hulk in the trailer, coupled with theories of Banner manning the Hulkbuster armor instead of Tony, led us to believe 100% that we'd get that scene.

Anyway it's a bit more than 2 weeks before we finally find out!
Funko Funatic Philippines since Oct. 2013 \:D/

jesusunzueta89

Postby jesusunzueta89 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:45 pm

JohnnyPOP wrote:
jesusunzueta89 wrote:
Rantt wrote:It’s such a good series!!!! Hoping they make some pops too!

I'd be all over those!!

You and me both :bounce: :freddy2:

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:18 am

jesusunzueta89 wrote:
Katers wrote:
jesusunzueta89 wrote:

Team sport, I think...! Hunting, perhaps??
Image ImageImage Image

jesusunzueta89

Postby jesusunzueta89 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:10 am

Katers wrote:
jesusunzueta89 wrote:
Katers wrote:

Go Sports :director:

ImranC23

Postby ImranC23 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:17 am

jkcohen626 wrote:
ImranC23 wrote:

Sorry you’re correct that scene wasn’t shot I was thinking of another one from wakanda as I had been reading a lot about the behind the scenes. The only Hulk scenes in Wakanda were shot for the trailer to deliberately be deceptive.They did have the concept art though that they provided to Funko and a few different companies for both Hulk busting out Hulkbuster, Cap with short hair and even a few toy companies put out Thanos in his full armor with the double bladed sword last year.
ImageImage

Funatic of the Week: March 8th 2019
Instagram:shelfofimran
ISO:Black Cat Prototype, Freddy Funko Boba Fett, Freddy Funko as Venom

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:19 am

jesusunzueta89 wrote:
Katers wrote:
jesusunzueta89 wrote:

Go Sports :director:

:cheers: Funko hunting for the win! :cheers:
Image ImageImage Image

Dbactor

Postby Dbactor » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:57 am

I’ve heard rumors that most of what we’ve seen in the trailers isn’t real. I also heard from an editor (not for the movie) that there are scenes from the trailer where characters are superimposed over others, or just cgi’d Entirely. Not sure, could all be craziness here.

Return to “Pop!”