Funko Disney Parks

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Chaister87

Re: Funko Disney Parks

Postby Chaister87 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:57 pm

I think if it's like previous park releases, then it might go online tonight, at least that's what I'm hoping for. Pretty sure I'm going to need to also get the basketball Mickey eventually!

SchoolBoyQ

Postby SchoolBoyQ » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:26 pm

Yep be on the lookout at midnight (PT) if anything
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Swatrob

Postby Swatrob » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:29 pm

We are finally buying annual passes again so I’m really hoping I can get some good pops over the next year.
Walking Dead Super Fan, collector of random sets, Harry Potter, Star Wars, horror, Disney, and a few other here and there. Funko Funclub member. Have luckily attended Fundays, collecting since early 2000’s.

swatkat

Postby swatkat » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:37 pm

Mr. Toad eating a churro
Katrina

Sparklepop5

Postby Sparklepop5 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:57 pm

Swatrob wrote:We are finally buying annual passes again so I’m really hoping I can get some good pops over the next year.

Congrats! We haven't had passes in years but we may take a second mortgage out so we can afford them again. ;-)

Swatrob

Postby Swatrob » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:00 pm

Sparklepop5 wrote:
Swatrob wrote:We are finally buying annual passes again so I’m really hoping I can get some good pops over the next year.

Congrats! We haven't had passes in years but we may take a second mortgage out so we can afford them again. ;-)

We saved quite a bit and sold off some of our collectibles to be able to afford them. As a family of four it is pretty expensive
Walking Dead Super Fan, collector of random sets, Harry Potter, Star Wars, horror, Disney, and a few other here and there. Funko Funclub member. Have luckily attended Fundays, collecting since early 2000’s.

Sparklepop5

Postby Sparklepop5 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:04 pm

Swatrob wrote:
Sparklepop5 wrote:

We saved quite a bit and sold off some of our collectibles to be able to afford them. As a family of four it is pretty expensive

I hear you. There are 4 of us in our house as well and Disney is not cheap.

Swatrob

Postby Swatrob » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:50 pm

Sparklepop5 wrote:
Swatrob wrote:
Sparklepop5 wrote:

We live a little over an hour away so we definitely make the passes worth it but it’s tough to shell out the money,

Sparklepop5

Postby Sparklepop5 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:08 pm

Swatrob wrote:
Sparklepop5 wrote:
Swatrob wrote:

We live a little over an hour away so we definitely make the passes worth it but it’s tough to shell out the money,

We live out in the Temecula area so it's a little over an hour for us to but so worth it.

jedik6
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby jedik6 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:11 pm

Does anyone know if the Leota pop is still in stock at Disneyland/DTD?
ISO

Captain Marvel (MCU) Proto

Swatrob

Postby Swatrob » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:04 pm

Sparklepop5 wrote:
Swatrob wrote:
Sparklepop5 wrote:

We live out in the Temecula area so it's a little over an hour for us to but so worth it.

We are in Santee which puts us a bit over an hour but we go a lot when we have the passes

ocwankenobi

Postby ocwankenobi » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:32 pm

Swatrob wrote:
Sparklepop5 wrote:
Swatrob wrote:

We are in Santee which puts us a bit over an hour but we go a lot when we have the passes

Put us in the family of 4 local DIsneyland club. Our path is a little easier being 14 minutes away. Looks like the flex pass option they are serving up on a silver platter.
(Signature powered by VALOR Industries 4.0)

Sparklepop5

Postby Sparklepop5 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:37 pm

ocwankenobi wrote:
Swatrob wrote:
Sparklepop5 wrote:

Put us in the family of 4 local DIsneyland club. Our path is a little easier being 14 minutes away. Looks like the flex pass option they are serving up on a silver platter.

I saw a commercial for what I think was the flex pass option. I need to look into it.

Swatrob

Postby Swatrob » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:13 am

Sparklepop5 wrote:
ocwankenobi wrote:
Swatrob wrote:

I saw a commercial for what I think was the flex pass option. I need to look into it.

I liked the SoCal pass that had Sunday’s but they did away with that one. Looks like our family will be grabbing the deluxe passes next time around. Living 14 minutes im sure I’d be their all the time

ocwankenobi

Postby ocwankenobi » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:26 am

Sparklepop5 wrote:
ocwankenobi wrote:
Swatrob wrote:

The flex pass is such a good deal that it has current higher pass holders annoyed lol.

RSVHockeyDad

Postby RSVHockeyDad » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:32 am

ocwankenobi wrote:
Sparklepop5 wrote:
ocwankenobi wrote:

The flex pass is such a good deal that it has current higher pass holders annoyed lol.

Agreed. We always let our Deluxe expire .. then buy again when we go the next time after expiration. But this time, we're getting the flex pass. There are certain days throughout the year that we already know we want to go to, and they are already "good to go" days ... so it makes perfect sense for us :freddy2: :freddy2:
I'm Greg. My son is "RSVHockeyDude". We collect Funko products together.
Pop! Count = 1815
Pop! Pez Count = 107
Other Funko Products (Hikari, Vynl, Wobblers, etc) = 87
Proto Count = 8 (All NHL Protos)

sushiguru

Postby sushiguru » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:33 am

Im pondering if I want to renew my pass

digithor

Postby digithor » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:08 am

I would have an annual pass if I lived close, even within a few hours. Sadly it's a looooong trip to get there for me.
SDCC 2018, 2019
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars

geoffdude

Postby geoffdude » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:39 am

I live 10 minutes away .. and, I work for a company that does promotional partnerships with disney (marketing dept.) and I get 4 tickets every 3-4 months .. and while I do enjoy Disneyland/Resort, I always find it difficult to go. I get that people love the place, but it just doesn't really do it for me. The crowds, the walking, food prices, parking, trams, lines, and on and on .. really just deflates my enjoyment balloon. I have 4 passes now that I need to use by 9/15 .. I'll go for sure just to check out the Star Wars land, hit a few rides, then come back home within 4 hours max .. I just don't get how people can spend a full day there, or buy annual passports. Though .. I must say I feel that way for all crowded venues (Knotts, OC Fair, Comic Cons, etc.) :/

Swatrob

Postby Swatrob » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:25 am

geoffdude wrote:I live 10 minutes away .. and, I work for a company that does promotional partnerships with disney (marketing dept.) and I get 4 tickets every 3-4 months .. and while I do enjoy Disneyland/Resort, I always find it difficult to go. I get that people love the place, but it just doesn't really do it for me. The crowds, the walking, food prices, parking, trams, lines, and on and on .. really just deflates my enjoyment balloon. I have 4 passes now that I need to use by 9/15 .. I'll go for sure just to check out the Star Wars land, hit a few rides, then come back home within 4 hours max .. I just don't get how people can spend a full day there, or buy annual passports. Though .. I must say I feel that way for all crowded venues (Knotts, OC Fair, Comic Cons, etc.) :/

It’s a tough call because when you aren’t in to something it’s hard to understand. I have friends that are car people but for the life of me I can’t understand how much money they pour into that hobby. It just comes down to different people liking different things. I love to see the look on my kids face at Disney and it makes me feel like a kid again as well. But I completely get the crowd thing

jedik6
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby jedik6 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:25 am

geoffdude wrote:I live 10 minutes away .. and, I work for a company that does promotional partnerships with disney (marketing dept.) and I get 4 tickets every 3-4 months .. and while I do enjoy Disneyland/Resort, I always find it difficult to go. I get that people love the place, but it just doesn't really do it for me. The crowds, the walking, food prices, parking, trams, lines, and on and on .. really just deflates my enjoyment balloon. I have 4 passes now that I need to use by 9/15 .. I'll go for sure just to check out the Star Wars land, hit a few rides, then come back home within 4 hours max .. I just don't get how people can spend a full day there, or buy annual passports. Though .. I must say I feel that way for all crowded venues (Knotts, OC Fair, Comic Cons, etc.) :/

I generally hate crowds too but the advantage of the pass is this: You can come and go as you please without feeling like you have to spend the ENTIRE day there to justify the price of the ticket. Quite a few of the APs like myself do just that. We'll go in, ride a bit, eat a bit, shop a bit and then head out once the crowds become too much. But the cost of theme park tickets is out of control now and it's far from easy to afford yearly passes, let alone one-day tickets, so I get too why not everyone can do the AP thing. People just have to do what suits them and fits their budgets.
ISO

philipali

Postby philipali » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:38 pm

Elbarras1718 wrote:
philipali wrote:
Elbarras1718 wrote:That’s just insane... limit of 10. They really want to get rid of these. I don’t see them restocking this. I hope I’m wrong.

i still hope it does restock same as other disney exclusives

Let this hype die down

sure hope so... similar to the latest disney exclusives.. hope hype dies down quite a bit
Image Image
Image ImageImage

LakerNation1216

Postby LakerNation1216 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:48 pm

These disney packs are getting expensive so i too would prefer to see them as an individual pop rather than a pack. I would be more inclined to purchase them if I am able to afford it
Current POP/Dorbz/Misc. Funko Count:
~1,697

Updated 11-22-19

Lakers Basketball
Rams Football
:freddy3:

partner-in-crime

Postby partner-in-crime » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:11 pm

LakerNation1216 wrote:These disney packs are getting expensive so i too would prefer to see them as an individual pop rather than a pack. I would be more inclined to purchase them if I am able to afford it

I prefer the individual over a 3 pack but in some cases I can see why they do it.
Hello funatics, I'm Alana and I love collecting dragon pops.

jedik6
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby jedik6 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:28 pm

philipali wrote:
Elbarras1718 wrote:
philipali wrote:

Let this hype die down

sure hope so... similar to the latest disney exclusives.. hope hype dies down quite a bit

I'm sure it will.
ISO

Stragon

Postby Stragon » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:41 pm

Kyoshi wrote:Was at Disneyland till midnight. Disneyana, Wonderground and Trolley Treats were all out of stock. Not verified, but was told Pieces of Eight and the cart by haunted mansion may still have some.

Not too surprised with letting people buy 10 each, though at 49.99 each that is a hefty price tag.

Elbarras1718

Postby Elbarras1718 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:06 pm

philipali wrote:
Elbarras1718 wrote:
philipali wrote:

Let this hype die down

On my next visit to Disneyland, I’m gonna be on the look out.

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:23 pm

I think the limits are not bad
ImageImageImage

Some people call me the orange hoodie

ISO funko Force creature from black lagoon chase Glow in the dark

SchoolBoyQ

Postby SchoolBoyQ » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:13 pm

I still think Disney will drop them online at night on a random given day
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

billville

Postby billville » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:26 pm

Swatrob wrote:I liked the SoCal pass that had Sunday’s but they did away with that one. Looks like our family will be grabbing the deluxe passes next time around. Living 14 minutes im sure I’d be their all the time

My wife and I still have this one, as they allow people to be grandfathered in to it as long as you don't cancel it or anything. This was the main reason we kept it for so long, as we know it's one of the better deals to have in regards to an AP. BUT...our toddler is going to be turning 3 next month which puts us in a bit of a pickle, as we also know that we can't get another one of these SoCal APs for him since they don't sell them anymore. We're really having to consider the deluxe pass now, because he is just in LOVE with DLR.

Does this flex pass offer weekend dates as well?

billville

Postby billville » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:27 pm

On a side note...I was thinking they should DEF do Haunted Mansion Holiday pops. How friggin cool would that be?!?!?!

millone

Postby millone » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:36 pm

ocwankenobi wrote:
millone wrote:
ocwankenobi wrote:'

Got home late tonight. They had "some" at Disneyana. Maybe like 20. Not the ridiculous pyramid of Rex in the vault. I didnt go to critter country or downtown disney so maybe more there.

They still had rex at wonderground when i went on saturday. Seems limitless!

Sorry I was referring to the Splash 3-Pack.

Rex is EVERYWHERE !!! Like a virus. Like on 8 endcaps at Star Trader.

Better than a virus though. Much cooler

millone

Postby millone » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:37 pm

A-Okay wrote:
millone wrote:
A-Okay wrote:According to the Funko Blog, the non glow version appears to be a common. All others that are exclusives are noted as such in their announcement. :)

Interesting, thanks

My only shot at glow Leota is the mystery mini..but i'll take it..cant wait to have it in my collection lol

Did you get one? There seemed to be quite a few

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:59 pm

billville wrote:On a side note...I was thinking they should DEF do Haunted Mansion Holiday pops. How friggin cool would that be?!?!?!

I'm down for that!
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Kyoshi

Postby Kyoshi » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:05 pm

billville wrote:
Swatrob wrote:I liked the SoCal pass that had Sunday’s but they did away with that one. Looks like our family will be grabbing the deluxe passes next time around. Living 14 minutes im sure I’d be their all the time

My wife and I still have this one, as they allow people to be grandfathered in to it as long as you don't cancel it or anything. This was the main reason we kept it for so long, as we know it's one of the better deals to have in regards to an AP. BUT...our toddler is going to be turning 3 next month which puts us in a bit of a pickle, as we also know that we can't get another one of these SoCal APs for him since they don't sell them anymore. We're really having to consider the deluxe pass now, because he is just in LOVE with DLR.

The flex pass is only blocked out for the two weeks of Christmas and New Years. Other dates need to be reserved in advance, with the exception of a few weekdays that are good to go.

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:15 pm

Personally not a fan of crowds or overpriced stuff in general, but as lifelong Disney fan travelling across the Pacific to get to Disneyland/world was an amazing experience lol. Though if I lived 10 mins from those places I'd probably find myself in your dilemma :D
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

billville

Postby billville » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:16 pm

millone wrote:
ocwankenobi wrote:
millone wrote:They still had rex at wonderground when i went on saturday. Seems limitless!

I totally thought DJ R3X would be a good seller. It seemed as if there was a lot of interest in that one when it was first announced, and when it was thought to be only sold at GE. I think it is one of the cooler ones for sure! Always loved Star Tours, so I was excited for this one :)

ocwankenobi

Postby ocwankenobi » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:17 pm

billville wrote:

flex pass offers weekend dates. just need to reserve the day you go ahead of time.

billville

Postby billville » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:21 pm

ocwankenobi wrote:
billville wrote:

flex pass offers weekend dates. just need to reserve the day you go ahead of time.

Wow...this seems to be good to be true. Thanks for the info!!

I wonder if they would ever yank the carpet out from underneath us and just cancel all renewals for this pass in the future? Hopefully they would let current renewing AP holders be grandfathered into them if that were to ever happen.

GusGus

Postby GusGus » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:13 pm

billville wrote:
millone wrote:
ocwankenobi wrote:

I totally thought DJ R3X would be a good seller. It seemed as if there was a lot of interest in that one when it was first announced, and when it was thought to be only sold at GE. I think it is one of the cooler ones for sure! Always loved Star Tours, so I was excited for this one :)

I think he is popular, they just make a TON of these now. There’s a METRIC ton of Leota out there too. She only sold out because of flipper prospecting - she is super cheap on eBay!

Return to “Pop!”