No love for Naruto?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Hirokus_bane

Re: No love for Naruto?

Postby Hirokus_bane » Sun May 26, 2019 3:24 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:I wonder this same thing about Bleach too. Thought they would jump on a series with so many characters.

What I tell myself is they just missed the mark with timing. However it can always change.

Or maybe they just figure that Naruto fans waiting through all the filler so they would wait for new funkos?

Bleach and Naruto have both yet to get a convention exclusive and it seems like we have seen a couple of pops from those licenses recently. Heres to hoping to seeing both of them appear when reveals start in a month or so.

Very true. Grimjow and Renji did just come out. I feel like they are testing the waters.

Didn't they just do a convention exclusive sasuke? Cursed mark or something? Seems like it's been more than a year since any other Natuto pops.

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sun May 26, 2019 5:25 pm

Hirokus_bane wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:I wonder this same thing about Bleach too. Thought they would jump on a series with so many characters.

What I tell myself is they just missed the mark with timing. However it can always change.

Or maybe they just figure that Naruto fans waiting through all the filler so they would wait for new funkos?

Bleach and Naruto have both yet to get a convention exclusive and it seems like we have seen a couple of pops from those licenses recently. Heres to hoping to seeing both of them appear when reveals start in a month or so.

Very true. Grimjow and Renji did just come out. I feel like they are testing the waters.

Didn't they just do a convention exclusive sasuke? Cursed mark or something? Seems like it's been more than a year since any other Natuto pops.

So thats just it... they did cursed mark sasuke and they did Chidori Kakashi - so I'm thinking due to fact that they dropped those two... and restocked Sakura and Tobi - that POSSSSSSSIBLY we may get a naruto con exclusive. I'll tel you one thing.. It will be refreshing to see a Naruto Con Exclusive because there has not been one yet. You never know - We may see both Naruto and Bleach since they did release pops from both licenses.. plus there was that deal that wass done earlier this year for the use of Boruto as well as Naruto that Funko did. As much as I can't wait to see the new DBZ Con exclusives... I reaaaallllllly hope they do Naruto and Bleach as they are two of my fav animes!
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

MrSmileyFace

Postby MrSmileyFace » Sun May 26, 2019 7:53 pm

TriFeckTa wrote:I just have a feeling we gonna see a new naruto character for sdcc. If it were a dynamic gaara i think that would be sick.

Less than 2 months before SDCC to see if they do drop another Naruto pop. I have a feeling that an MHA pop is for sure gonna drop (with Funimation) and I’ve seen the DBZ pops that are planned already for Sdcc. Hopes are slim for Naruto but would love an SDCC exclusive
- Ray
Instagram: grail_collector
Funko funatic Rookie of the Year nominee 2019

ImageImage

Hirokus_bane

Postby Hirokus_bane » Sun May 26, 2019 10:05 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
So thats just it... they did cursed mark sasuke and they did Chidori Kakashi - so I'm thinking due to fact that they dropped those two... and restocked Sakura and Tobi - that POSSSSSSSIBLY we may get a naruto con exclusive. I'll tel you one thing.. It will be refreshing to see a Naruto Con Exclusive because there has not been one yet. You never know - We may see both Naruto and Bleach since they did release pops from both licenses.. plus there was that deal that wass done earlier this year for the use of Boruto as well as Naruto that Funko did. As much as I can't wait to see the new DBZ Con exclusives... I reaaaallllllly hope they do Naruto and Bleach as they are two of my fav animes!

really want that version of Kakashi but I've been avoiding starting new lines before finishing some others. Trying to get my wife to watch Naruto because if she likes it there is a better chance we will get it.

Wasnt aware funko had a deal. That will hopefully bode well for Nartuo pops

comic book guy

Postby comic book guy » Sun May 26, 2019 10:16 pm

MrSmileyFace wrote:
TriFeckTa wrote:I just have a feeling we gonna see a new naruto character for sdcc. If it were a dynamic gaara i think that would be sick.

Less than 2 months before SDCC to see if they do drop another Naruto pop. I have a feeling that an MHA pop is for sure gonna drop (with Funimation) and I’ve seen the DBZ pops that are planned already for Sdcc. Hopes are slim for Naruto but would love an SDCC exclusive

What's the word on those DBZ SDCC pops? :eek:
:king: Mike

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Mon May 27, 2019 10:03 am

Hirokus_bane wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

really want that version of Kakashi but I've been avoiding starting new lines before finishing some others. Trying to get my wife to watch Naruto because if she likes it there is a better chance we will get it.

Wasnt aware funko had a deal. That will hopefully bode well for Nartuo pops

Yeah they recently sealed a deal for Boruto and Naruto so we should almost certainly see more from both lines
PopPChulo

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

Hirokus_bane

Postby Hirokus_bane » Mon May 27, 2019 11:26 am

PopPChulo wrote:

Yeah they recently sealed a deal for Boruto and Naruto so we should almost certainly see more from both lines

I'm looking forward to seeing who they choose to make from Naruto.

Haven't watched Baruto yet. Not sure why just haven't.

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Tue May 28, 2019 1:28 am

Hirokus_bane wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

Who do you hope they make the most? My vote goes for Pain or Itachi most.
PopPChulo

Gonzo206

Postby Gonzo206 » Tue May 28, 2019 2:35 am

Anime moments anyone? Rock Lee vs Gaara?

Instagram: whatthefunk206

Hirokus_bane

Postby Hirokus_bane » Tue May 28, 2019 8:52 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

rewatching the series again and only two dozen or so episodes in so names allude me but I'd say Hinata is a must since they have a few natutos. Also I always liked Asuma and kakashi. Obviously they already have an awesome kakashi. So I'm good with that.

BestDadEver

Postby BestDadEver » Tue May 28, 2019 9:10 pm

It’s funny I don’t collect Naruto pops but I do collect other items of Naruto. Not sure what it is. I just can’t seem to pull the trigger on the pops.
Image Image

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Thu May 30, 2019 8:54 am

Hirokus_bane wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:

rewatching the series again and only two dozen or so episodes in so names allude me but I'd say Hinata is a must since they have a few natutos. Also I always liked Asuma and kakashi. Obviously they already have an awesome kakashi. So I'm good with that.

I find it crazy they did tobi but they never did orochimaru considering how big he is in the conflict.
PopPChulo

Hirokus_bane

Postby Hirokus_bane » Thu May 30, 2019 9:17 am

PopPChulo wrote:I find it crazy they did tobi but they never did orochimaru considering how big he is in the conflict.

yeah he wouldn't have been my first or even second choice. So many good options. Orochinaru being a great one

AnyGivenFunko

Postby AnyGivenFunko » Thu May 30, 2019 10:09 am

I"m just waiting for my two favorites. Rock Lee and Guy Sensei. Two pack - inner gates GITD varaints of both, please.
Dennis
IG: AnyGivenFunko

Funko Events: "17, "22, and "23 Fundays, "Making Fun" Hollywood Premiere, Irvine Spectrum PEZ event, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, FDO8, FDO9, FunKon Hollywood, "22 & "23 Mask-O-raid, Fright Night II, Bob's Big Boy

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Thu May 30, 2019 11:12 am

Hirokus_bane wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:I find it crazy they did tobi but they never did orochimaru considering how big he is in the conflict.

yeah he wouldn't have been my first or even second choice. So many good options. Orochinaru being a great one

I feel like orochimaru , rock lee and Gaara would be a no brainer in wave 2.. but for a entry con exclusive for naruto. Especially when there is no telling when we are going to get another one. I would really like to see Pain,Itachi or Jiraiya sensei
PopPChulo

Hirokus_bane

Postby Hirokus_bane » Thu May 30, 2019 4:38 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:

I feel like orochimaru , rock lee and Gaara would be a no brainer in wave 2.. but for a entry con exclusive for naruto. Especially when there is no telling when we are going to get another one. I would really like to see Pain,Itachi or Jiraiya sensei

I feel like the reason I brought up Bleach initially is because like Naruto you have so many unique characters. Your hard pressed to find something that won't end up liking or bonding to one of the characters from either series.
That being said you would think Funko having acquired rights to these they would have released more of the cast from both.

Although I'm running out of shelf space already so maybe I don't want anymore of these to be made.

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:29 am

Naruto does need a new line. They just recently did some new kakashi, sasuke and kurama pops. There are so many more that could be made so many single,double packs the list is almost endless. I just feel this line has been in the shadows to long. No pun intended. ](*,)
:smt027 Trujitsu Ninja
Current collection count 540 updated 06/08/22
Interest pops Anime MHA and Naruto. Movie pops Pennywise, Killer Clowns and Warriors.

Gonzo206

Postby Gonzo206 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:41 am

Trujitsu Ninja wrote:Naruto does need a new line. They just recently did some new kakashi, sasuke and kurama pops. There are so many more that could be made so many single,double packs the list is almost endless. I just feel this line has been in the shadows to long. No pun intended. ](*,)

The sheer amount of other characters are incredible and should be made as well!

Instagram: whatthefunk206

FireFist

Postby FireFist » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:42 am

It be cool if they could do Susanso Sasuke ,Itachi,Madara and Shisui.
    Image Image
Iso:One Piece and Yugioh Protos
Instagram:@stardust.singh

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:17 am

FireFist wrote:It be cool if they could do Susanso Sasuke ,Itachi,Madara and Shisui.

My highest vote is to Itachi and Pain.. however i feel like since they have done kurama Susano may be a thing next
PopPChulo

FireFist

Postby FireFist » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:13 am

PopPChulo wrote:
FireFist wrote:It be cool if they could do Susanso Sasuke ,Itachi,Madara and Shisui.

My highest vote is to Itachi and Pain.. however i feel like since they have done kurama Susano may be a thing next

Pain is another good one ,I feel that could be good for a multipack.
    Image Image

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:21 pm

FireFist wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

Its suprising that they havent done Pain given that he is one of the most popular akatsuki members. Im hoping that when the reveals come we have SOME kind of Naruto con exclusive. It will be the first of its kind. Naruto never did have a con exclusive. I cant wait to see whta funko has up their sleeves.
PopPChulo

FireFist

Postby FireFist » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:31 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
FireFist wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:My highest vote is to Itachi and Pain.. however i feel like since they have done kurama Susano may be a thing next

Its suprising that they havent done Pain given that he is one of the most popular akatsuki members. Im hoping that when the reveals come we have SOME kind of Naruto con exclusive. It will be the first of its kind. Naruto never did have a con exclusive. I cant wait to see whta funko has up their sleeves.

Knowing them,we might be in for a surprise during sdcc.
    Image Image

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:30 am

FireFist wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
FireFist wrote:Pain is another good one ,I feel that could be good for a multipack.

I can only hope that we see both Naruto and MHA and then ill be satisfied. (Bleach if they wanna be extra nice)
PopPChulo

FireFist

Postby FireFist » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:54 am

PopPChulo wrote:
FireFist wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:Its suprising that they havent done Pain given that he is one of the most popular akatsuki members. Im hoping that when the reveals come we have SOME kind of Naruto con exclusive. It will be the first of its kind. Naruto never did have a con exclusive. I cant wait to see whta funko has up their sleeves.

I can only hope that we see both Naruto and MHA and then ill be satisfied. (Bleach if they wanna be extra nice)

Yeah it would be cool if they made a convention Bleach pop,they will definatly do MHA and DBZ ,but I also hope they do include Bleach and Natuto,maybe even One Punch Man or One Piece.
    Image Image

Hirokus_bane

Postby Hirokus_bane » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:15 am

FireFist wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
FireFist wrote:Knowing them,we might be in for a surprise during sdcc.

Yeah it would be cool if they made a convention Bleach pop,they will definatly do MHA and DBZ ,but I also hope they do include Bleach and Natuto,maybe even One Punch Man or One Piece.

All of those would be great. I mean my wallet weeps but those are all great animes that could use more pops. So many characters and possibilities within each one.

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:03 am

Hirokus_bane wrote:
FireFist wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

All of those would be great. I mean my wallet weeps but those are all great animes that could use more pops. So many characters and possibilities within each one.

I think the anime enthusiast is over do for a con exclusive from each one of those lines to be completely honest
PopPChulo

SoulSnipers53

Postby SoulSnipers53 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:04 pm

Disappointed there was no Naruto SDCC Exclusive....
Checkmate.

Hirokus_bane

Postby Hirokus_bane » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:48 am

SoulSnipers53 wrote:Disappointed there was no Naruto SDCC Exclusive....

They normally have another dozen or two dozen SDCC exclusives. So there is still a chance.

Hirokus_bane

Postby Hirokus_bane » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:50 am

PopPChulo wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:
FireFist wrote:Yeah it would be cool if they made a convention Bleach pop,they will definatly do MHA and DBZ ,but I also hope they do include Bleach and Natuto,maybe even One Punch Man or One Piece.

I think the anime enthusiast is over do for a con exclusive from each one of those lines to be completely honest

hopefully. So far most of the SDCC exclusives havent been anime. Just Dragonball and Evangelion If memory serves.

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:51 am

Hirokus_bane wrote:

They normally have another dozen or two dozen SDCC exclusives. So there is still a chance.

Im glad im not the only one who thumbed through the reveals looking for naruto and mha first lol. Typically funko saves the best for last theoretically speaking. So we should see some more good stuff over the next couple of days. There def could be more anime.
PopPChulo

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:17 am

PopPChulo wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:

Im glad im not the only one who thumbed through the reveals looking for naruto and mha first lol. Typically funko saves the best for last theoretically speaking. So we should see some more good stuff over the next couple of days. There def could be more anime.

Was shocked no MHA yet but if they will be a funimation then it makes sense no drop yet.

BRING ME ITACHI already Funko
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

Lobstercrossing

Postby Lobstercrossing » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:43 am

My son's new favorite show. Hoping Funko releases something Naruto-related at SDCC this year that I can pickup for him :glasses2:
My real name is Noah, but you can call me... Noah.

Jesusni1

Postby Jesusni1 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:53 am

Shoriyuken wrote:I guess I'm just wondering. Why isn't there more Naruto pops? I mean it's a very long and popular show. One can argue that It has way better story than Dragon ball and first than MHA. With all the Dragon Ball and MHA (my hero academia) love, I'm just wondering why isn't there more Naruto pops? There so much potential out there with a huge variety of characters to choose from. Akatsuki, the legendary sanins, the hokages, and even all the beasts. Wow, I just keep going on and on. Come on Funko can you give me more Naruto pops? Please....

I love Naruto and yes they need to work on his line up. But I wouldn't go as far to say is better story line then DBZ or MHA.

Thepopninja

Postby Thepopninja » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:29 pm

Agreed sixth path, Sage Mode, Lighning Blade are all fantastic pops ,.... we need more Naruto !!!
\:D/ from the shadow realm.... enters ThePopNinja

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:49 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:

Was shocked no MHA yet but if they will be a funimation then it makes sense no drop yet.

Still plenty of time for them to announce some more anime. Fingers crossed for Naruto or MHA
Hi, I’m Steph.

Hirokus_bane

Postby Hirokus_bane » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:25 am

PopPChulo wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:

I feel like there has to be more anime coming. While I like what was revealed it didnt seem like there was much anime

Hirokus_bane

Postby Hirokus_bane » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:27 am

TheStephil wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:Im glad im not the only one who thumbed through the reveals looking for naruto and mha first lol. Typically funko saves the best for last theoretically speaking. So we should see some more good stuff over the next couple of days. There def could be more anime.

Still plenty of time for them to announce some more anime. Fingers crossed for Naruto or MHA

Anyone you would want to see from Naruto?

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:08 am

Hirokus_bane wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:

it is not a want we NEED more Naruto lol.
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:46 am

Hirokus_bane wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:

Me personally as far as BIGGEST desires from Naruto.. it would probably be the following:
1) Pain - my fav akatsuki member
2) Jiraiya cause he is ... well Jiraiya
3) Itachu - i have a feeling they may have steered clear of him because his uncanny resemblance to sasuke but i still want nonetheless
4) Anbu Black Ops Kakashi - they made him as a mini back in the day and it never materialized into a pop.
PopPChulo

Return to “Pop!”