No love for Naruto?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
PopPChulo

Re: No love for Naruto?

Postby PopPChulo » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:51 am

Hirokus_bane wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:
More anime releases are a must and I agree that a gitd is likely to happen for gotenks ghost.

Im still sad we didnt see a naruto con exclusive. Lol funko has to see how popular this thread is. They could at least give us Jiraiya

oh Jiraya would be awesome. But without the other two? Ochimaru and tsunade?

Maybe that's the issue. What comes next. Too many options and you have the casts of Naruto, Naruto Shippuden and then Baruto. Maybe they just cant pick.

Okay funko just make all of them.

I can agree with this idea or they can give me orochimaru and tsunade at separate times. Either way we need more naruto
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

Shoriyuken

Postby Shoriyuken » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:23 am

PopPChulo wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:
Shoriyuken wrote:I totally after with the Gotenks. But you know how it is, I won't be surprised if there's a gitd ghost Gotenks somewhere down the line.

More anime releases are a must and I agree that a gitd is likely to happen for gotenks ghost.

Im still sad we didnt see a naruto con exclusive. Lol funko has to see how popular this thread is. They could at least give us Jiraiya

I totally agree!!!! Let's get this thread rolling.
IG: chasingvynl
Hello my name is Ken!
Pop Count: Too much
Main Line: GOT, WD, Disney, Simpsons, DBZ/DBS, Anime, Naruto
SDCC 17, SDCC 18, SDCC 19, ECCC 18, CRX 19, SDCC 22
ISO: Anime protos

Image Image

Shoriyuken

Postby Shoriyuken » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:24 am

Hirokus_bane wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:

Maybe that's the issue. What comes next. Too many options and you have the casts of Naruto, Naruto Shippuden and then Baruto. Maybe they just cant pick.

I think it's all about what's popular now. My hero has more pops than Naruto and mha has only been here for a few years.
Hello my name is Ken!

Image Image

Hirokus_bane

Postby Hirokus_bane » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:32 am

PopPChulo wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

I can agree with this idea or they can give me orochimaru and tsunade at separate times. Either way we need more naruto

yeah it just seems strange that they havent done more with Naruto.

Hirokus_bane

Postby Hirokus_bane » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:36 am

Shoriyuken wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

I think it's all about what's popular now. My hero has more pops than Naruto and mha has only been here for a few years.

I get how more current licenses might get a little more attention however they give plenty of attention to random out of let field license and / or ones that they have had for a while.

Look at DBZ. It's not a complaint but they have a few new pops every few months it seems.

And while naruto is no spring chicken compared to MHA they are still actively airing a spinoff with Baruto. So it's not like the fans are none existent or none interested.

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:34 am

Hirokus_bane wrote:
Shoriyuken wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:

I get how more current licenses might get a little more attention however they give plenty of attention to random out of let field license and / or ones that they have had for a while.

Look at DBZ. It's not a complaint but they have a few new pops every few months it seems.

And while naruto is no spring chicken compared to MHA they are still actively airing a spinoff with Baruto. So it's not like the fans are none existent or none interested.

I dont want to hear no excuses regarding not being popular enough from funko because they did fooley Cooley and thats as left field as it gets. Naruto is still shonen jump and a huge part of the culture hands down tbh. If you love anime, its one of those must sees. It could be a sales thing but i cant even say thats the case bc there are still naruto excl being produced.
PopPChulo

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

nyraza

Postby nyraza » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:41 am

Hoping Chalice next exclusive after MHA is Jiraiya. Would be nice to see them continuing the anime lines with new characters/molds

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:44 am

nyraza wrote:Hoping Chalice next exclusive after MHA is Jiraiya. Would be nice to see them continuing the anime lines with new characters/molds

I think you mixed up the shows :P BUT I would love a Jiraiya too! :)
Jorge, here! Instagram: toys.r.us.kid
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023 | "Making Fun" Hollywood Premier | Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Fright Night II 2022 | Mask - O - Raid 2022 | FDO9 Sacramento | Funkon I & II

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:47 am

PopPChulo wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:
Shoriyuken wrote:I think it's all about what's popular now. My hero has more pops than Naruto and mha has only been here for a few years.

I dont want to hear no excuses regarding not being popular enough from funko because they did fooley Cooley and thats as left field as it gets. Naruto is still shonen jump and a huge part of the culture hands down tbh. If you love anime, its one of those must sees. It could be a sales thing but i cant even say thats the case bc there are still naruto excl being produced.

Supposedly there's Boruto pops coming right? I hope that will open the door to older characters. I would be pretty bummed if we just see a wave of Boruto pops and Shippuden gets left in the dust.
Jorge, here! Instagram: toys.r.us.kid
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023 | "Making Fun" Hollywood Premier | Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Fright Night II 2022 | Mask - O - Raid 2022 | FDO9 Sacramento | Funkon I & II

Hirokus_bane

Postby Hirokus_bane » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:08 am

PopPChulo wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:
Shoriyuken wrote:I think it's all about what's popular now. My hero has more pops than Naruto and mha has only been here for a few years.

Hey no taking shots at flcl. *cradles cianti Pop*

Yeah it doesn't make sense to me why more havent come out yet. Shonen jump likes creating a lot of characters

Hirokus_bane

Postby Hirokus_bane » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:25 am

Toys R Us Kid wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:

Supposedly there's Boruto pops coming right? I hope that will open the door to older characters. I would be pretty bummed if we just see a wave of Boruto pops and Shippuden gets left in the dust.

Haven't watched Baruto at all yet. Making the wife watch naruto and then shippuden.

JasonC

Postby JasonC » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:01 pm

Im sad there's not a lot of Naruto pops out there either, they can do so much with the anime. I'm also hoping jiraiya is next, one of my faves. They better not release boruto before releasing more Naruto, not a lot of boruto fans out there!

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:27 am

Hirokus_bane wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:I dont want to hear no excuses regarding not being popular enough from funko because they did fooley Cooley and thats as left field as it gets. Naruto is still shonen jump and a huge part of the culture hands down tbh. If you love anime, its one of those must sees. It could be a sales thing but i cant even say thats the case bc there are still naruto excl being produced.

Haven't watched Baruto at all yet. Making the wife watch naruto and then shippuden.

I havent watched boruto either but i definitely have it on my list. Ive heard some really positive things about the show but i also heard it has a slow arc like naruto
PopPChulo

Hirokus_bane

Postby Hirokus_bane » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:22 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:

I havent watched boruto either but i definitely have it on my list. Ive heard some really positive things about the show but i also heard it has a slow arc like naruto

yeah I can tell my wife isnt digging some of the slowness of Naruto. Keep telling her to push through cause it does get better. . . Pre filler.

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:10 am

Hirokus_bane wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:

yeah I can tell my wife isnt digging some of the slowness of Naruto. Keep telling her to push through cause it does get better. . . Pre filler.

I had to use the filler list when i watched naruto. all of my friends who have watched boruto so far has told me that it has the same problem. Tons of filler before you get to the meat and potatoes.
PopPChulo

Shoriyuken

Postby Shoriyuken » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:44 pm

Hirokus_bane wrote:
Shoriyuken wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:

Yup, it's all about the popularity.
Hello my name is Ken!

Image Image

Shoriyuken

Postby Shoriyuken » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:12 pm

I wish Funko would finish the set first before they go to Boruto.
Hello my name is Ken!

Image Image

Hirokus_bane

Postby Hirokus_bane » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:25 am

PopPChulo wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

I had to use the filler list when i watched naruto. all of my friends who have watched boruto so far has told me that it has the same problem. Tons of filler before you get to the meat and potatoes.

yeah when I watched it it hadn't finished airing. So for months all that they were dishing out was filler. Now we are watching it using that list.

Even skipping filler they have lots and lots of flash back scenes.
Sometimes to the last episode. Never got that .

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:40 am

Hirokus_bane wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:

yeah when I watched it it hadn't finished airing. So for months all that they were dishing out was filler. Now we are watching it using that list.

Even skipping filler they have lots and lots of flash back scenes.
Sometimes to the last episode. Never got that .

Before i start really dedicating a lot of time towards boruto, i think im going to wait a while so they can get the fillee thats going to make up most of the episode out the way
PopPChulo

Hirokus_bane

Postby Hirokus_bane » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:22 am

Shoriyuken wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:

for the most part I think thats true. However there is also the license. Some might only allow them to make certain characters or might have them wait before doing releases. It happens with movies a lot more but something in the license agreement could keep them from releasing more pops

Hirokus_bane

Postby Hirokus_bane » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:25 am

PopPChulo wrote:Before i start really dedicating a lot of time towards boruto, i think im going to wait a while so they can get the fillee thats going to make up most of the episode out the way

yeah that's a solid plan.

SazukiSenpai

Postby SazukiSenpai » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:56 am

PopPChulo wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

They just need to work on the teams first. Then go from there :)
Current Pop count: 801
Favorite Pop: Smooth Criminal Michael Jackson
ISO: Anime Protos
Twitch.tv/SazukiSenpai

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:14 am

SazukiSenpai wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:

You would think they would have made the drops team based right off the top. Haha im sure by this thread though funko can tell that we definitrly want more naruto
PopPChulo

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:17 am

Hirokus_bane wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:Before i start really dedicating a lot of time towards boruto, i think im going to wait a while so they can get the fillee thats going to make up most of the episode out the way

yeah that's a solid plan.

Exactly cause we all know that they have a incredible amount of filler but there is gold to be found if you wade through the filler haha
PopPChulo

SazukiSenpai

Postby SazukiSenpai » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:20 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
SazukiSenpai wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:I can agree with this idea or they can give me orochimaru and tsunade at separate times. Either way we need more naruto

You would think they would have made the drops team based right off the top. Haha im sure by this thread though funko can tell that we definitrly want more naruto
Twitch.tv/SazukiSenpai

Shoriyuken

Postby Shoriyuken » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:44 pm

Hirokus_bane wrote:
Shoriyuken wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:

for the most part I think thats true. However there is also the license. Some might only allow them to make certain characters or might have them wait before doing releases. It happens with movies a lot more but something in the license agreement could keep them from releasing more pops

Good point.
Hello my name is Ken!

Image Image

sneakmode

Postby sneakmode » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:39 pm

Pretty disappointed there was no Naruto exclusives at SDCC 2019. I'm running out of room though, so I don't mind as much. If MHA and DBZ is getting all the love right now, I can't really complain. Would love to see the 3 Sannin next though if they do decide to come out with more Naruto Pops.

Karubin

Postby Karubin » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:03 pm

Shoriyuken wrote:I wish Funko would finish the set first before they go to Boruto.

#truth. Yeah there are too many great characters from Naruto to be made into Pop figures!! :freddy2:

Calvin
IG: karubin_funko
Twitter: Karubin_funko

Main Line: DBZ, MHA, Naruto, NBA, Anime, Kingdom Hearts, and Overwatch
Sub Line: Freddy Funko, Pop Asia, Marvel, DC, and etc.
Pop!: 2,000+
Dorbz: 150+
ISO: Atomic Freddy & Hall H Freddy

Funko events attended FUNday 2019: Team Loko Moko, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, FunKon 2021, Virtual FUNday 2021: Team Proto Punks

Hirokus_bane

Postby Hirokus_bane » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:42 am

SazukiSenpai wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:

would be nice to see them release the squads with the teachers. I mean they made the first few seasons all about those 4 man squads.

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:59 am

Hirokus_bane wrote:
SazukiSenpai wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:I can agree with this idea or they can give me orochimaru and tsunade at separate times. Either way we need more naruto

would be nice to see them release the squads with the teachers. I mean they made the first few seasons all about those 4 man squads.

That is correct. Me personally, i just wanna see Jiraiya, Rock Lee and Itachi primarily. I also want them to give us a funko where the Sharingan eyes glow in the dark. Haha as simple as the glow is. I feel like itd be effectice.
PopPChulo

theoneupper02

Postby theoneupper02 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:32 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:
SazukiSenpai wrote:They just need to work on the teams first. Then go from there :)

That is correct. Me personally, i just wanna see Jiraiya, Rock Lee and Itachi primarily. I also want them to give us a funko where the Sharingan eyes glow in the dark. Haha as simple as the glow is. I feel like itd be effectice.

Jiraiya is my favorite Naruto character, I really hope they make one of him soon. A flocked hair version would be off the hook!
Bobby

ISO: High end GOT and DBZ

Image Image Image

Optimistic

Postby Optimistic » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:42 pm

Heh. Speaking of which
:freddy4:

Animation (and occasionally Ad Icons) collector. Dorbz (RIP), Soda, Pop and Pez focused.

SoulSnipers53

Postby SoulSnipers53 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:45 pm

AEC Exclusive Itachi!

Checkmate.

sneakmode

Postby sneakmode » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:48 pm

SoulSnipers53 wrote:AEC Exclusive Itachi!

just saw they announced this! super stoked! he's the best big brother ever! def picking him up!

moneyhelpspk

Postby moneyhelpspk » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:00 pm

Itachi looks good and all but has anyone heard of AEC??

Shoriyuken

Postby Shoriyuken » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:06 pm

SoulSnipers53 wrote:AEC Exclusive Itachi!

Hell yeah! Finally my prayers have been answered sorta.
Hello my name is Ken!

Image Image

Shoriyuken

Postby Shoriyuken » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:07 pm

Do you all think that this is a sign that more Naruto pops are coming?
Hello my name is Ken!

Image Image

SazukiSenpai

Postby SazukiSenpai » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:16 pm

Shoriyuken wrote:Do you all think that this is a sign that more Naruto pops are coming?

I'd bet on it for sure.
Twitch.tv/SazukiSenpai

SazukiSenpai

Postby SazukiSenpai » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:17 pm

moneyhelpspk wrote:Itachi looks good and all but has anyone heard of AEC??

Never heard of them >>
Twitch.tv/SazukiSenpai

TOTTUCF

Postby TOTTUCF » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:22 pm

Funko really trying to make me go broke with all the Anime launches after SDCC ](*,)
Collector since '16

Funko Collection Count: 204

Find Me on Instagram @tottspops

Return to “Pop!”