No love for Naruto?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
hailmary25

Re: No love for Naruto?

Postby hailmary25 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:10 pm

WildberryPOPtarts33 wrote:I know we just got a new Sasuke, but I really was hoping Toyfair would reveal a new wave. There is so much more they could do!

Still New York toy fair right?
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

yanban

Postby yanban » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:34 pm

nightlife206 wrote:
theoneupper02 wrote:
Kaosu wrote:I hope sasuke is not that hard to get.

Same here. It looks like Jiren, Todoroki and Sasuke are all con exclusives. I hope they make it readily available and give us some sort of heads up where they will be sold.

Sounds like they wont be easy to get

Are they ever?

WildberryPOPtarts33

Postby WildberryPOPtarts33 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:54 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
WildberryPOPtarts33 wrote:I know we just got a new Sasuke, but I really was hoping Toyfair would reveal a new wave. There is so much more they could do!

Still New York toy fair right?

Yep. Fingers crossed
My name is Morgan. Former admin at KY Funko League of Awesomeness, collector of all things Spider-Gwen, Wonder Woman, and anime.
ISO Asuna proto
@superfunkobros

Funklub #13467 :freddy4:

Kaosu

Postby Kaosu » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:51 am

yanban wrote:
nightlife206 wrote:
theoneupper02 wrote:
Same here. It looks like Jiren, Todoroki and Sasuke are all con exclusives. I hope they make it readily available and give us some sort of heads up where they will be sold.

Are they ever?

If you are patient they are. My friends ended up going to PAX so they got them for me.
Hello!! My name is Jonathan
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:27 am

Kaosu wrote:
yanban wrote:
nightlife206 wrote:

Are they ever?

If you are patient they are. My friends ended up going to PAX so they got them for me.

Congrats on getting them. Lets see that glow

Crazykraut13

Postby Crazykraut13 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:41 am

Schl0 wrote:Anyone who knows me understands my love for Naruto. Especially the pops. I really hope this line doesn’t die before I get a Rock Lee pop. The possibilities are endless. I hope this break from the series has been due to some awesome design work for the next wave! One can dream, right!?

Rock Lee would be great! There are so many awesome characters they need to make pops for.

yanban

Postby yanban » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:49 am

Kaosu wrote:
yanban wrote:
nightlife206 wrote:

Are they ever?

Nice. Patience is a tough one for me!

Schl0

Postby Schl0 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:36 am

yanban wrote:
Kaosu wrote:
yanban wrote:Are they ever?

It’s really tough to be patient when we have to wait so long for new pieces! I want that Sasuke baaaaaad lol
-Eric-
IG: @artbyschlo

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:41 am

Schl0 wrote:
yanban wrote:
Kaosu wrote:If you are patient they are. My friends ended up going to PAX so they got them for me.

It’s really tough to be patient when we have to wait so long for new pieces! I want that Sasuke baaaaaad lol

I am with you. I have the money in my paypal and its very tough not to bid or buy

yanban

Postby yanban » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:42 pm

Schl0 wrote:
yanban wrote:
Kaosu wrote:If you are patient they are. My friends ended up going to PAX so they got them for me.

Not to mention the hype that builds with leaks and so forth!

theoneupper02

Postby theoneupper02 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:19 pm

yanban wrote:
Schl0 wrote:
yanban wrote:Nice. Patience is a tough one for me!

Patience pays off, trust me. These "exclusives" aren't like SDCC and NYCC where they typically are only available during that time. There will plenty of opportunities to get these.

I also thought that Sasuke was FYE shared? Was that debunked?
Bobby

ISO: High end GOT and DBZ

Image Image Image

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:21 pm

theoneupper02 wrote:
yanban wrote:
Schl0 wrote:

Patience pays off, trust me. These "exclusives" aren't like SDCC and NYCC where they typically are only available during that time. There will plenty of opportunities to get these.

Pretty sure as the company who owns the booth they are available at has repeatedly said Con Only.

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:45 pm

I just have a feeling we gonna see a new naruto character for sdcc. If it were a dynamic gaara i think that would be sick.
Hey there, I'm Michael and I am an Iron Man Junkie!
Iron Man POP! Collection (Production Pieces): COMPLETE
Iron Man Proto Count: 50
Iron Man Wacky Wobblers: IN PROGRESS

ISO: Gold Mark 2 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold Mark 1 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold and Silver 1/12 Freddy Stark Wobblers, and IRON MAN RELATED PROTOS

Check out my IG: @triifeckta
ImageImage

SoulSnipers53

Postby SoulSnipers53 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:34 pm

TriFeckTa wrote:I just have a feeling we gonna see a new naruto character for sdcc. If it were a dynamic gaara i think that would be sick.

Everytime I get my hopes up for something, I get let down so I'm not gonna expect any Naruto at SDCC or NYCC. lol A Gaara pop would be amazing though!
Checkmate.

WarHmongHer

Postby WarHmongHer » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:21 am

tehlilone wrote:I agree! It sucks that Naruto finished but Boruto is pretty popular. I don't think it's as popular as DB and MHA right now though. Personally, I wish they had made more Bleach Pop too before the show finished.

Totally agree on funko making more bleach pops. Theres so many awesome characters that still need to be made in naruto and bleach.

mariog1497

Postby mariog1497 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:16 am

hailmary25 wrote:
theoneupper02 wrote:
yanban wrote:Not to mention the hype that builds with leaks and so forth!

Pretty sure as the company who owns the booth they are available at has repeatedly said Con Only.

If they don't appear at a US retailer in store, it still shouldn't be too hard to get as time passes. They keep announcing more and more cons that they'll be selling them at, and Jiren is up for preorder on almost every smaller online shop. Wouldn't be surprised if Todoroki and Sasuke preorders started popping up too
Hey, I'm Mario! | Collector since 2015 | IG: @CoppedEmAll

Bushmaster51

Postby Bushmaster51 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:32 am

Because the series is over. You can say Boruto is a spin off but its not focused on the original characters.

Bushmaster51

Postby Bushmaster51 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:36 am

I was hoping for another wave of Naruto Characters. Still working on getting my hands on what cursed mark Sasuke.

WildberryPOPtarts33

Postby WildberryPOPtarts33 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:59 am

Bushmaster51 wrote:

I was hoping for another wave of Naruto Characters. Still working on getting my hands on what cursed mark Sasuke.

I know it keeps getting repeated but there is soon much potential there!!
My name is Morgan. Former admin at KY Funko League of Awesomeness, collector of all things Spider-Gwen, Wonder Woman, and anime.
ISO Asuna proto
@superfunkobros

Funklub #13467 :freddy4:

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:39 pm

it is wild that they have not capitalized and leaked a new Naruto Wave with all of these Naruto pops dropping random retailers.. maybe they have a Con Exclusive for Naruto coming or a really big wave and there just saving the reveal for a little later.
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

Mags

Postby Mags » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:55 pm

PopPChulo wrote:it is wild that they have not capitalized and leaked a new Naruto Wave with all of these Naruto pops dropping random retailers.. maybe they have a Con Exclusive for Naruto coming or a really big wave and there just saving the reveal for a little later.

I'm thinking this is what's going to happen.

WarHmongHer

Postby WarHmongHer » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:35 am

Going to jump on this again and say yes please and thank you. So many awesome characters that still need to be made.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:01 am

mariog1497 wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
theoneupper02 wrote:

If they don't appear at a US retailer in store, it still shouldn't be too hard to get as time passes. They keep announcing more and more cons that they'll be selling them at, and Jiren is up for preorder on almost every smaller online shop. Wouldn't be surprised if Todoroki and Sasuke preorders started popping up too

You see any preorder pop up for todoroki or sasuke you tag me. Didnt know others were doing jiren

mariog1497

Postby mariog1497 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:22 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
mariog1497 wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:

You see any preorder pop up for todoroki or sasuke you tag me. Didnt know others were doing jiren

Toywiz has all 3 for preorder right now, at one point I think they had them for $30 but they bumped it up to $50
Hey, I'm Mario! | Collector since 2015 | IG: @CoppedEmAll

SoulSnipers53

Postby SoulSnipers53 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:32 pm

Funko now has the rights to Boruto as well as potentially more Naruto!

https://www.licenseglobal.com/television/viz-media-gains-partners-naruto-and-bleach

"For “Naruto,” new licensees include:

Oniri Creations (anime-themed collectible statutes, North America, “Naruto”)
ABYstyle (umbrellas, North America and Latin America, “Naruto Shippuden”)
Epic Cosplay (wigs and wall décor, North America, “Naruto Shippuden”)
Party City Holdings (costumes, North America, “Naruto Shippuden”) and
Funko (accessories, tees, bags, drinkware, keychains, pen toppers, plush, stylized toys and wallets, “Boruto: Naruto Next Generations”)."
Checkmate.

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:05 pm

SoulSnipers53 wrote:Funko now has the rights to Boruto as well as potentially more Naruto!

https://www.licenseglobal.com/television/viz-media-gains-partners-naruto-and-bleach

Funko (accessories, tees, bags, drinkware, keychains, pen toppers, plush, stylized toys and wallets, “Boruto: Naruto Next Generations”)."

We definitely need more Naruto - I would be happy with a Con Exclusive Naruto Funko POP! as well. I am not familiar with any con exclusive variants. It would be awesome to see a "Pain" or "Itachi" comic-con exclusive.
PopPChulo

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

disphugginflip

Postby disphugginflip » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:05 am

PopPChulo wrote:
We definitely need more Naruto - I would be happy with a Con Exclusive Naruto Funko POP! as well. I am not familiar with any con exclusive variants. It would be awesome to see a "Pain" or "Itachi" comic-con exclusive.

Definitely more Itachi, or just more of the Akatsuki in general. Would love the Legendary Sannin as well with or without their animals they summon. Those would be cool 10" pops!

Lawliet

Postby Lawliet » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:29 am

Patiently waiting for the Akatsuki over hereeeee

nightlife206

Postby nightlife206 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:54 pm

disphugginflip wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

Definitely more Itachi, or just more of the Akatsuki in general. Would love the Legendary Sannin as well with or without their animals they summon. Those would be cool 10" pops!

+1 for Legendary Sannin

wash2366

Postby wash2366 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:01 pm

SoulSnipers53 wrote:Funko now has the rights to Boruto as well as potentially more Naruto!

This was in February when the news came out. and it takes anywhere between 6-9 months from idea to approval before we get a Pop. So look for this at the end of the year or for NYCC

:)
Name: David / Pop count: 733 / Vynals: 4/ Dorbz: 10 / Soda: 4 / Mystery Minis: 12
Collection: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/po ... s/wash2366

ImageImageImage

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:24 pm

wash2366 wrote:

This was in February when the news came out. and it takes anywhere between 6-9 months from idea to approval before we get a Pop. So look for this at the end of the year or for NYCC

Yeah but honestly I really don't think that is the case as far as 6-9 months for Naruto content to come out. If you think about it - there has been multiple Naruto Hot Topic Exclusives that dropped as well as that Sasuke. there should DEFINITELY be some more exclusive Naruto content and/or con exclusives coming shortly. I definitely expect Naruto to rear its head for SDCC (I honestly expected it for ECCC) but they could be saving something really hype for SDCC. What would be nuts is Itachi or Pain.
PopPChulo

SoulSnipers53

Postby SoulSnipers53 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:33 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
wash2366 wrote:

Yeah but honestly I really don't think that is the case as far as 6-9 months for Naruto content to come out. If you think about it - there has been multiple Naruto Hot Topic Exclusives that dropped as well as that Sasuke. there should DEFINITELY be some more exclusive Naruto content and/or con exclusives coming shortly. I definitely expect Naruto to rear its head for SDCC (I honestly expected it for ECCC) but they could be saving something really hype for SDCC. What would be nuts is Itachi or Pain.

Yeah, this is what I was thinking as well. Micromania has new 5 Star Figures for Naruto leaked on their site so if Funko can make those along with the 3 exclusives we got, it would make sense for some con exclusive pop to be coming!
Checkmate.

wash2366

Postby wash2366 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:18 pm

SoulSnipers53 wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
wash2366 wrote:

Yeah, this is what I was thinking as well. Micromania has new 5 Star Figures for Naruto leaked on their site so if Funko can make those along with the 3 exclusives we got, it would make sense for some con exclusive pop to be coming!

Really hoping you all are right. :) But with no Announcement of new character licenses or leaks. #shrugs
Name: David / Pop count: 733 / Vynals: 4/ Dorbz: 10 / Soda: 4 / Mystery Minis: 12
Collection: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/po ... s/wash2366

ImageImageImage

2017fanatic

Postby 2017fanatic » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:14 pm

Got lucky with a Kurama GITD at my local gamestop! shipment day! LOL perfect timing, I never have this luck
Funatic of all things Funko!!

volsspongebob

Postby volsspongebob » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:58 pm

Thanks to Netflix I have really taken a liking for Naruto. Have Naruto and Kakashi and am ready for more!
Love to Collect the 80s stuff. Also chasing the OG Rocky Set. First Funko Purchase was 2012 SDCC.

MISSING FUNDAYS ON A DAILY BASIS!!

[size=85]Image

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:43 pm

wash2366 wrote:
SoulSnipers53 wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

Really hoping you all are right. :) But with no Announcement of new character licenses or leaks. #shrugs

My eyes would get watery if I seen Itachi and/or Pain. I think Rock Lee, Itachi, Pain and Jiraya Sensei are Mandatory. Maybe even Madara
PopPChulo

FireFist

Postby FireFist » Sat May 25, 2019 8:48 pm

Hoping to see some Naruto reveals for sdcc and nycc this year.
    Image Image
Iso:One Piece and Yugioh Protos
Instagram:@stardust.singh

FireFist

Postby FireFist » Sat May 25, 2019 8:49 pm

Hoping to see some Naruto reveals for sdcc and nycc this year.
    Image Image
Iso:One Piece and Yugioh Protos
Instagram:@stardust.singh

Hirokus_bane

Postby Hirokus_bane » Sat May 25, 2019 10:12 pm

I wonder this same thing about Bleach too. Thought they would jump on a series with so many characters.

What I tell myself is they just missed the mark with timing. However it can always change.

Or maybe they just figure that Naruto fans waiting through all the filler so they would wait for new funkos?

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sun May 26, 2019 11:03 am

Hirokus_bane wrote:I wonder this same thing about Bleach too. Thought they would jump on a series with so many characters.

What I tell myself is they just missed the mark with timing. However it can always change.

Or maybe they just figure that Naruto fans waiting through all the filler so they would wait for new funkos?

Bleach and Naruto have both yet to get a convention exclusive and it seems like we have seen a couple of pops from those licenses recently. Heres to hoping to seeing both of them appear when reveals start in a month or so.
PopPChulo

Return to “Pop!”