No love for Naruto?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
MrSmileyFace

Re: No love for Naruto?

Postby MrSmileyFace » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:37 am

iRomey74 wrote:i need a pervy sage, obit, kakashi,rin, minato, gaara, honestly you could almost do as many as dbz has. endless

No arguing you with that... so many characters that needs to be introduced but I can see that with Kakashi, it’s easy for the funko artist just to modify a few things and have it done before starting from scratch on a new character
- Ray
Instagram: grail_collector
Funko funatic Rookie of the Year nominee 2019

ImageImage

Hauckbuster007

Postby Hauckbuster007 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:38 am

theoneupper02 wrote:
Hauckbuster007 wrote:These are the following characters that I would like to see Funko make in the next Naruto wave.

Jiraiya
Might Guy
Gaara
Madara Uchiha
Hashirama Snju
Minato

Then they need to make all 10 6" tailed beast Pops!

With the cursed Sasuke leak I think there is a small glimpse of hope for these pops. Jiraiya is my top want.

I thought we were supposed to see the cursed mark Sasuke first but it appears that this Kakashi with Chidori came out of left field.
Hulk Smash!
Member: KY Funko League of Awesomeness
IG: @HauckBuster007
IG: @SuperFunkoBros
Favorite Character: Incredible Hulk

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:38 am

I missed online stock here's hoping I see Kakashi in store.
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

Suntower11

Postby Suntower11 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:27 am

hailmary25 wrote:I missed online stock here's hoping I see Kakashi in store.

I'm hoping to catch him in store as well! [-o<
I'm just constantly checking Instagram
Sarah the Tangled collector!
ISO any Tangled Prototypes!
Follow Me on Instagram!
https://www.instagram.com/ssuntower11/

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:22 pm

Suntower11 wrote:

I'm hoping to catch him in store as well! [-o<
I'm just constantly checking Instagram

By time I get to the website from an IG post its already gone. I wish IG would allow clickable links in peoples post

Schl0

Postby Schl0 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:56 am

Hauckbuster007 wrote:
Schl0 wrote:
Hauckbuster007 wrote:These are the following characters that I would like to see Funko make in the next Naruto wave.

Jiraiya
Might Guy
Gaara
Madara Uchiha
Hashirama Snju
Minato

Then they need to make all 10 6" tailed beast Pops!

If I hear you say that they need to make all of the Tailed Beasts one more time... haha jk lol I like that list with a couple changes I’d have to make.

Bro, those Tailed beast could be some of the wildest 6'' pops out there! Why just stick with Kurama when you could have 10 of them !!

If they made all 10 of them, I would put them in a giant circle around my Naruto Sage Mode.

Haha it would be a crazy collection to have. Definitely not going to debate you on that lol. You know you really just want Bee and 8-Tails tho lol
-Eric-
IG: @artbyschlo

Hauckbuster007

Postby Hauckbuster007 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:17 pm

Schl0 wrote:
Hauckbuster007 wrote:
Schl0 wrote:
If I hear you say that they need to make all of the Tailed Beasts one more time... haha jk lol I like that list with a couple changes I’d have to make.

Bro, those Tailed beast could be some of the wildest 6'' pops out there! Why just stick with Kurama when you could have 10 of them !!

If they made all 10 of them, I would put them in a giant circle around my Naruto Sage Mode.

Haha it would be a crazy collection to have. Definitely not going to debate you on that lol. You know you really just want Bee and 8-Tails tho lol

Who doesn't want a lyrical gangsta rap Ninja in their collection along with a Bull Octopus Tailed Beast? [-o<
Hulk Smash!
Member: KY Funko League of Awesomeness
IG: @HauckBuster007
IG: @SuperFunkoBros
Favorite Character: Incredible Hulk

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:30 pm

Shoriyuken wrote:I guess I'm just wondering. Why isn't there more Naruto pops? I mean it's a very long and popular show. One can argue that It has way better story than Dragon ball and first than MHA. With all the Dragon Ball and MHA (my hero academia) love, I'm just wondering why isn't there more Naruto pops? There so much potential out there with a huge variety of characters to choose from. Akatsuki, the legendary sanins, the hokages, and even all the beasts. Wow, I just keep going on and on. Come on Funko can you give me more Naruto pops? Please....

Without even reading any of the other comments, I could say the same about One Piece. Luffy alone could have some really awesome variants!
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

IG/Twitter: jjb11590

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:16 pm

Due to the fact that I've been watching Naruto and I just got further, I need a Itachi Pop - as well as Rock Lee - I copped the Kakashi Pop at Mach.
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

SoulSnipers53

Postby SoulSnipers53 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:26 am

Potential First Look at FYE Exclusive Curse Mark Sasuke Pop!

Checkmate.

mariog1497

Postby mariog1497 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:35 am

SoulSnipers53 wrote:Potential First Look at FYE Exclusive Curse Mark Sasuke Pop!

So it is real! Yes Funko! Keep on bringing the Naruto exclusives!
Hey, I'm Mario! | Collector since 2015 | IG: @CoppedEmAll

SchoolBoyQ

Postby SchoolBoyQ » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:38 am

FYE exclusive variant. Interesting
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

nightlife206

Postby nightlife206 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:43 am

SoulSnipers53 wrote:Potential First Look at FYE Exclusive Curse Mark Sasuke Pop!

ah yes! I like it

randig

Postby randig » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:00 am

Got a Naruto eating Ramen shirt from PacSun this weekend, I would take a funko product like that
Fundays: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

ImageImage

volsspongebob

Postby volsspongebob » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:37 am

So our first dive into Naruto POPs after watching the first couple of seasons is the Kakashi and love it. Definitely ready for the Sasuke.
Love to Collect the 80s stuff. Also chasing the OG Rocky Set. First Funko Purchase was 2012 SDCC.

MISSING FUNDAYS ON A DAILY BASIS!!

[size=85]Image

theoneupper02

Postby theoneupper02 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:13 pm

nightlife206 wrote:

ah yes! I like it

This pop looks great! But where is my Jiraiya pop!!
Bobby

ISO: High end GOT and DBZ

Image Image Image

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:18 pm

This is a must have

ANT_206

Postby ANT_206 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:25 pm

Shoriyuken wrote:I guess I'm just wondering. Why isn't there more Naruto pops? I mean it's a very long and popular show. One can argue that It has way better story than Dragon ball and first than MHA. With all the Dragon Ball and MHA (my hero academia) love, I'm just wondering why isn't there more Naruto pops? There so much potential out there with a huge variety of characters to choose from. Akatsuki, the legendary sanins, the hokages, and even all the beasts. Wow, I just keep going on and on. Come on Funko can you give me more Naruto pops? Please....

You're not wrong, Naruto is my favorite anime of all time and I feel deserves just as many pops (if not more) than DBZ haha. Glad a new wave is coming out! Kakashi and Sasuke look badass. Really hoping this is just the start, so many characters I want. Lee, Gaara, Shikamaru, Neji, Guy, all of the Bijuu as 6in to match Kurama, all the Akatsuki, all 3 legendary Saanin and their summoned beasts. Could keep going all day haha.
Alan | Seattle-based collector | 1/5 of the Funko Funboys
Funko collection started 11/6/2013

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:00 pm

ANT_206 wrote:

You're not wrong, Naruto is my favorite anime of all time and I feel deserves just as many pops (if not more) than DBZ haha. Glad a new wave is coming out! Kakashi and Sasuke look badass. Really hoping this is just the start, so many characters I want. Lee, Gaara, Shikamaru, Neji, Guy, all of the Bijuu as 6in to match Kurama, all the Akatsuki, all 3 legendary Saanin and their summoned beasts. Could keep going all day haha.

So many characters they could make but guess cant compete with all new molds vs using the same mold for different color hair powers ups makes a lot of business sense or using the same whiz mold and making one metallic. Whats the cost of paint. Darn you DBZ

mariog1497

Postby mariog1497 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:54 pm

I think, just from an outside perspective, DBZ seems to be more popular with people who watch anime and people who don't. Don't get me wrong I love Naruto, and personally think it's better than DBZ, and also think that is has to be up there for animes that people watch who aren't necessarily into anime. I think DBZ is just more popular and it's more "in." Dragon Ball has had collaborations with Adidas, clothing brands, they have had movies coming out, and the anime has been pretty popular and was still being produced. The Naruto series just has Boruto right now and that isn't so hot with fans.

Schl0

Postby Schl0 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:05 pm

mariog1497 wrote:

I think, just from an outside perspective, DBZ seems to be more popular with people who watch anime and people who don't. Don't get me wrong I love Naruto, and personally think it's better than DBZ, and also think that is has to be up there for animes that people watch who aren't necessarily into anime. I think DBZ is just more popular and it's more "in." Dragon Ball has had collaborations with Adidas, clothing brands, they have had movies coming out, and the anime has been pretty popular and was still being produced. The Naruto series just has Boruto right now and that isn't so hot with fans.

Totally agree. If Shippuden was in its hay day right now we would be seeing wave after wave, as well. DBz makes a ton more sense at the moment.
-Eric-

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:16 pm

Schl0 wrote:
mariog1497 wrote:

Totally agree. If Shippuden was in its hay day right now we would be seeing wave after wave, as well. DBz makes a ton more sense at the moment.

Stop using sound logic...WE WANT MORE NARUTO..and less DBZ lol

Schl0

Postby Schl0 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:35 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
Schl0 wrote:
mariog1497 wrote:

Trust me... that wasn’t an easy response to write lol
-Eric-

mariog1497

Postby mariog1497 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:48 pm

Schl0 wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
Schl0 wrote:

I would gladly take 10+ Naruto or Sasuke variants, like there is for Goku lol

Mags

Postby Mags » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:52 pm

mariog1497 wrote:
Schl0 wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:

You spelled "Vegeta" wrong lol

Schl0

Postby Schl0 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:13 pm

Mags wrote:
mariog1497 wrote:
Schl0 wrote:

Lol let’s be honest... they both have too many variants!
-Eric-

WildberryPOPtarts33

Postby WildberryPOPtarts33 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:16 pm

We need a crap ton more Naruto. ASAP.
My name is Morgan. Former admin at KY Funko League of Awesomeness, collector of all things Spider-Gwen, Wonder Woman, and anime.
ISO Asuna proto
@superfunkobros

Funklub #13467 :freddy4:

Mags

Postby Mags » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:18 pm

Schl0 wrote:
Mags wrote:
mariog1497 wrote:

I'm cool with variants, but I prefer when the differences are bigger!
And as much love the Dragonball line, I'm cool with it slowing down a little - my wallet can't keep up! lol

mariog1497

Postby mariog1497 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:03 pm

Mags wrote:
Schl0 wrote:
Mags wrote:You spelled "Vegeta" wrong lol

And as much love the Dragonball line, I'm cool with it slowing down a little - my wallet can't keep up! lol

At least so far the variants have been considerably different for Naruto, ya know other than a different hair color in every wave *cough* *cough* lol

Mags

Postby Mags » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:06 pm

mariog1497 wrote:
Mags wrote:
Schl0 wrote:

At least so far the variants have been considerably different for Naruto, ya know other than a different hair color in every wave *cough* *cough* lol

I mean you're not wrong lol At least now the poses are getting creative in the DBZ line! :D

Mags

Postby Mags » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:08 pm

But for real, if the new Kakashi and the "rumored" Sasuke are anything to go by, the Naruto collectors are finally gonna have the same problem us DBZ collectors have! haha

sushiguru

Postby sushiguru » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:29 pm

i do agree that more naruto pops need to be made

OriginalDuffy

Postby OriginalDuffy » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:26 pm

I think there’s a great chance after seeing the hot topic exclusive
Image Image
Image Image

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:03 pm

Mags wrote:But for real, if the new Kakashi and the "rumored" Sasuke are anything to go by, the Naruto collectors are finally gonna have the same problem us DBZ collectors have! haha

We already got Flocked Kurama - Kakashi and the rumored Sasuke. It's about time they announce a new wave.. if they follow suite then we should be seeing a Gamestop exclusive soon. Please give me rock lee funko please!
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:07 am

PopPChulo wrote:
Mags wrote:But for real, if the new Kakashi and the "rumored" Sasuke are anything to go by, the Naruto collectors are finally gonna have the same problem us DBZ collectors have! haha

We already got Flocked Kurama - Kakashi and the rumored Sasuke. It's about time they announce a new wave.. if they follow suite then we should be seeing a Gamestop exclusive soon. Please give me rock lee funko please!

Yeah no more single pops lets get a full wave.

SoulSnipers53

Postby SoulSnipers53 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:28 pm

Curse Mark Sasuke is real and will be a Limited Convention Exclusive.

Checkmate.

Angel 9708

Postby Angel 9708 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:13 am

I keep missing the restock on kakashi every morning this week so far. Why do they have to do it so early lol. Hopefully I can find him in store in a nice perfect box.
Walking Dead Junkie! ImageImage

mariog1497

Postby mariog1497 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:42 am

SoulSnipers53 wrote:Curse Mark Sasuke is real and will be a Limited Convention Exclusive.

So nice! I wonder if it's still going to get a release at FYE or just only at cons

SoulSnipers53

Postby SoulSnipers53 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:06 am

mariog1497 wrote:
SoulSnipers53 wrote:Curse Mark Sasuke is real and will be a Limited Convention Exclusive.

So nice! I wonder if it's still going to get a release at FYE or just only at cons

The retailer at the con is saying its a convention only pop but we'll have to wait and see. Its releasing this weekend.
Last edited by SoulSnipers53 on Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Checkmate.

MagicCarpetRyde

Postby MagicCarpetRyde » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:06 am

I don't follow anime at all but I have to say that the anime pops are pretty fantastic looking.
Collector since 2014
Love all things Batman!
MuchLove!
Tamer Elbanhawy

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Return to “Pop!”