Fantastic Beasts - Crimes of Grindelwald Pops

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
The Head

Re: Fantastic Beasts - Crimes of Grindelwald Pops

Postby The Head » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:26 pm

kevin87 wrote:
Spoiler: show
Avengers74 wrote:I was finally able to find the Kohl’s Exclusive Flocked Fwooper today. I have been checking with the Kohl’s in my area and finally found a store that had some in stock - 2 to be exact, or at least what I was told.

To begin, I never shop at Kohl’s as there really isn’t one near me but I assumed that there were several stores since there are commercials on tv like crazy, but that was false. There are about 4-5 in the area but most are 20+ mikes for me to go to them. I went last weekend and the customer service rep was nice and checked not just their store but the ones in the area. No stock showing. They told me what day their get their shipments in and advised to call back then.

Just ahead one week. I decided to stop by one of the Kohl’s on my way home. Checked the toy area but nothing so I went to customer service. The lady recognized the item - I have the barcode with a picture - and said they had just received them in and that they sold out. I asked about checking other stores and she was a bit snotty saying “I already played that game” so I believed that there were none.

This morning I decided to try calling a couple of other stores. The first said they had not gotten their shipment in but would be getting 3 trucks the week after next and to try then. The next store I called showed 2 in stock and they sent someone to check. When they came back they advised they were not on the floor but in the shipment they were processing and to try in a day or so. Jump to later this afternoon, I decided to try going to the store to see if I would have any luck. I checked the toy area but nothing. There were 2 gentlemen setting up the Christmas display, so I asked if they could check to see if they had it in stock. As the one guy was scanning the barcode the other gentleman recognized what I was asking about and said he thought he knew where they were. He said that I was the 8th person to ask and he went to check the back. A few minutes later he returns with one advising it was the only one he could find but it was in perfect shape if I was a collector. Yay!

So I have checked another one off my list. Now down to the Funko Shop Fwooper, Walmart Mooncalf, Michael’s Newt w/ Postcard and the 10” Target Niffler. Next week I am ready to get to Target super early so I can check off the Niffler from my list. Man these retailer exclusives are getting harder and harder to find!

Just another example of why none of these stores deserve exclusives, but they pay Funko so Funko doesn't care what happens after that lol I have two 15-20 minutes away, in two directions from my house so I can't just swing by them and check... so I'll probably never get it, which I was hoping it would be easy because I doubt I'll be able to get the non-flocked version. I'm going to skip the Target Niffler. One random 10 inch Niffler would look weird next to all the small ones lol I still feel like since it is a totally new mold, it should have been a 4 inch and then make a "life size" version of it as well.

I am as critical of retailers as the next guy, but I'm not really sure how this is an example of why they shouldn't get exclusives. Sounds like this is just a matter of waiting for the store to get their stock...?

Jess55

Postby Jess55 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:32 pm

Has Mooncalf from Walmart and the Newt Scamander from Michael’s actually been released yet? I stopped by Michaels today and I saw some pops but no Newt. And my Walmart doesn’t have pops and I keep checking online, but it always says out of stock.

I just started collecting pops like 2 months ago, and I’m working on a Harry Potter collection

theoneupper02

Postby theoneupper02 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:34 pm

I'm hyped for the movie but tbh the pops have been kind of underwhelming. Fwooper and other mystical beast pops look kind of boring. They should spice it up with metallic / GITD variants.
Bobby

ISO: High end GOT and DBZ

Image Image Image

MzTredecim

Postby MzTredecim » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:59 pm

theoneupper02 wrote:I'm hyped for the movie but tbh the pops have been kind of underwhelming. Fwooper and other mystical beast pops look kind of boring. They should spice it up with metallic / GITD variants.

I think the flocking on the Kohl's Fwooper is actually quite good. I would like more interesting variants though. We also didn't need all the Newts.

Jess55 wrote:Has Mooncalf from Walmart and the Newt Scamander from Michael’s actually been released yet? I stopped by Michaels today and I saw some pops but no Newt. And my Walmart doesn’t have pops and I keep checking online, but it always says out of stock.

I just started collecting pops like 2 months ago, and I’m working on a Harry Potter collection

I haven't heard anything about Mooncalf but I know from a friend that works Michael's that no stores have received Newt yet. They are also not even on order yet.
Funko Collector since 2012!
Collections: GITD / TWD / TMNTs / BTTF / Random Eye-Catchers / Mystery Minis & PSHs

Madddawg4

Postby Madddawg4 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:35 pm

I think the flocked Fwooper looks great and that Funko is at top of their game with the creatures. I also agree that they did too many Newt and could have gotten more creative with the exclusives.

justin

Postby justin » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:25 pm

10" Niffler is all I'll be collecting.
FUNDAYS 2018: GO GREMLINS GO GREMLINS GO
FUNDAYS 2019: MAUI ZAUI

WTB Chewbacca with AT-ST Pop

Avengers74

Postby Avengers74 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:34 pm

I love that they have introduced more of the magical creatures. I love the 10” Niffler and the Baby ones. I actually love the Mooncalf as they were adorable in the first film. I do wish we could have gotten Frank the Thunderbird or the Erumpent. And I cannot wait to get my Augurey from Amazon.

I do agree with too many Newts. I love them all but I wish they had saved some for later and brought out some of the new characters or new versions of Tina, Jacob or Queenie. Also I soooooooo want a Credence!

Vin phx

Postby Vin phx » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:28 pm

Avengers74 wrote:I love that they have introduced more of the magical creatures. I love the 10” Niffler and the Baby ones. I actually love the Mooncalf as they were adorable in the first film. I do wish we could have gotten Frank the Thunderbird or the Erumpent. And I cannot wait to get my Augurey from Amazon.

I do agree with too many Newts. I love them all but I wish they had saved some for later and brought out some of the new characters or new versions of Tina, Jacob or Queenie. Also I soooooooo want a Credence!

Agree with too many newts as well so happy they did more magical creatures and yes we need more jacob next wave. Still need to hunt down the khols fwooper but happy with all the magical creatures so far.
Pop count 1k+
Dorbz count 180
ImageImage

Twelve_Ladybugs

Postby Twelve_Ladybugs » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:39 am

Totally agree with too many Newts. It seems worse than the number of Harry Potter pops, we're only on movie 2!
Hopefully we get more Queenie, Jacob, Tina, and Credence soon!

As far as the mooncalf, I am not sure about the US, but it is live on the Canadian site as of this morning, so I was able to order. Hopefully that means it will be in the US soon for y'all!

Twelve_Ladybugs

Postby Twelve_Ladybugs » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:40 am

Totally agree with too many Newts. It seems worse than the number of Harry Potter pops, we're only on movie 2!

As far as the mooncalf, I am not sure about the US, but it is live on the Canadian site as of this morning, so I was able to order. Hopefully that means it will be in the US soon for y'all!

follow-the-spiders

Postby follow-the-spiders » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:45 am

Avengers74 wrote:I love that they have introduced more of the magical creatures. I love the 10” Niffler and the Baby ones. I actually love the Mooncalf as they were adorable in the first film. I do wish we could have gotten Frank the Thunderbird or the Erumpent. And I cannot wait to get my Augurey from Amazon.

I'd love for more magical creatures, hoping we'll get a Kelpie and Zouwu as well as more beasts from the first film.
ImageImage

Avengers74

Postby Avengers74 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:46 pm

Sadly I missed the first release of the Mooncalf on the Walmart website so checking multiple times a day to see opinions they add more stock. Really hoping to add this one to my collection as I thought they were adorable in the first movie and can’t wait to see if they use them more in Crimes of Grindelwald.

TigerLily1276

Postby TigerLily1276 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:26 pm

Avengers74 wrote:Sadly I missed the first release of the Mooncalf on the Walmart website so checking multiple times a day to see opinions they add more stock. Really hoping to add this one to my collection as I thought they were adorable in the first movie and can’t wait to see if they use them more in Crimes of Grindelwald.

Mooncalf kept going in and out of stock and I was too slow three times.

I must have all the Beasts!!
ImageImage Image ImageImage

kevin87

Postby kevin87 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:00 pm

Avengers74 wrote:Sadly I missed the first release of the Mooncalf on the Walmart website so checking multiple times a day to see opinions they add more stock. Really hoping to add this one to my collection as I thought they were adorable in the first movie and can’t wait to see if they use them more in Crimes of Grindelwald.

I missed it as well, what good is the stock alert if they don't bother to alert you?! lol I'm hoping with the new collectible section they're putting up over the next few days at WM, these might show up in stores.

I missed the flocked Fwooper too, then went to the closest store (which is still 15 miles away) and they told me they have 6 but can't find them anywhere and asked if I could wait about 10 minutes... still never found them lol Then when I got home, I decided to order for store pickup to try and at least reserve it if they find them since I can't just randomly drop by to check when I feel like it. An hour after that, I get the email to pick it up so I guess they ended up finding them. :rolleyes: I'm just going to get it Tuesday when I need to get Ant-Man anyway, get it at that WM since the tax is cheaper down that way lol I personally would rather have the normal non-flocked one but I don't trust Funko-Shop drops lol

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:41 pm

Would really like to see what the glow on Mooncalf is like. Not a collector of fantastic beasts pops but wouldn't mind a glow or two!
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

kevin87

Postby kevin87 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:33 pm

KidMarvel wrote:Would really like to see what the glow on Mooncalf is like. Not a collector of fantastic beasts pops but wouldn't mind a glow or two!

It doesn't glow, does it? I think Matagot is the only one that glows.

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:23 pm

kevin87 wrote:
KidMarvel wrote:Would really like to see what the glow on Mooncalf is like. Not a collector of fantastic beasts pops but wouldn't mind a glow or two!

It doesn't glow, does it? I think Matagot is the only one that glows.

Dang it you are so right! Had some weird thought in my head that mooncalf was a glow :(
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

Wild_Flower85

Postby Wild_Flower85 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:01 pm

Thank you Funko for making a regular size Bowtruckle, my second favorite magical creature :freddy4:

Code Violet

Postby Code Violet » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:04 am

I want just a straight up jude law funko

The Ebony Blade

Postby The Ebony Blade » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:39 am

Found Flocked Fwooper in the wild. Let me know if you anyone needs it before I return!

StarWarsFunkoGirl

Postby StarWarsFunkoGirl » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:47 am

MzTredecim wrote:
theoneupper02 wrote:I'm hyped for the movie but tbh the pops have been kind of underwhelming. Fwooper and other mystical beast pops look kind of boring. They should spice it up with metallic / GITD variants.

I think the flocking on the Kohl's Fwooper is actually quite good. I would like more interesting variants though. We also didn't need all the Newts.

Jess55 wrote:Has Mooncalf from Walmart and the Newt Scamander from Michael’s actually been released yet? I stopped by Michaels today and I saw some pops but no Newt. And my Walmart doesn’t have pops and I keep checking online, but it always says out of stock.

I haven't heard anything about Mooncalf but I know from a friend that works Michael's that no stores have received Newt yet. They are also not even on order yet.

Waiting for these two also.
https://i.imgur.com/F5eaJ4O.jpg

Started collecting: 2014 | Pop! Star Wars: 758 | Pop! Harry Potter/Fantastic Beast 180 | 290 random pops, minis & pins

MsLafleur82

Postby MsLafleur82 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:50 am

Twelve_Ladybugs wrote:Totally agree with too many Newts. It seems worse than the number of Harry Potter pops, we're only on movie 2!

I was hoping we would get an updated Jacob, Tina and Queenie pop too! We definitely need Credence! Just got my tickets the other day and I cannot wait for this movie!

d3postman

Postby d3postman » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:14 pm

MsLafleur82 wrote:
Twelve_Ladybugs wrote:Totally agree with too many Newts. It seems worse than the number of Harry Potter pops, we're only on movie 2!

I was hoping we would get an updated Jacob, Tina and Queenie pop too! We definitely need Credence! Just got my tickets the other day and I cannot wait for this movie!

A Credence would be great! And, less than a month of waiting left!

Funko Fundays: 2015, 2019, 2021

SDCC: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022

FDO: FDO8

Whitetiger217

Postby Whitetiger217 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:34 pm

I wish the Mooncalf would get back in stock!

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:58 pm

I have been looking for the flocked fwooper for 2 weeks now and still can't find It. I have to say that the kohl's employees have been very pleasant, so it's not that bad. lol
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:40 pm

I finally got lucky and found the kohls exclusive flocked fwooper \:D/ I have to agree the Kohl's employees have been extremely helpful and pleasant when I've wondered in countless times :)

MzTredecim

Postby MzTredecim » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:32 pm

Boymom4 wrote:I finally got lucky and found the kohls exclusive flocked fwooper \:D/ I have to agree the Kohl's employees have been extremely helpful and pleasant when I've wondered in countless times :)
lavery01 wrote:

lavery01 wrote:I have been looking for the flocked fwooper for 2 weeks now and still can't find It. I have to say that the kohl's employees have been very pleasant, so it's not that bad. lol

I have to agree with you both; the Kohl's employees are VERY pleasant and helpful. They made this a lot easier than it could have been, especially with the SKU.
Funko Collector since 2012!
Collections: GITD / TWD / TMNTs / BTTF / Random Eye-Catchers / Mystery Minis & PSHs

Avengers74

Postby Avengers74 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:52 am

Anyone who is still needing the Mooncalf he is back in stock at Walmart.com. I just placed my order and I should have the little guy on Tuesday! Now I am down to the Michael’s Newt w/ Postcard and the Funko Shop Fwooper.

BattleExile

Postby BattleExile » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:54 pm

Anyone in the UK after the 10inch niffler it looks like they are being stocked in Tescos as ive just seen one being carried around in a trolley this morning.

saul_damascus

Postby saul_damascus » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:15 pm

A buddy of mine snagged a mooncalf for me this morning and a chase newt the other day.

Avengers74

Postby Avengers74 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:57 pm

I am super impressed. I had read about how the shipping from Walmart can be a nightmare but I actually had a great experience. I placed the order yesterday morning, got the shipping confirmation late yesterday, and the box was delivered today! And my Mooncalf is is a perfect box! Yay!

TOPBlurryface01

Postby TOPBlurryface01 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:03 pm

After watching some trailers, I want a Nagini to be made

Jess55

Postby Jess55 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:04 pm

Has anyone heard of when Newt Scamander with postcard is releasing?

jedik6
HoF 2023 & CotM
HoF 2023 & CotM

Postby jedik6 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:38 pm

TOPBlurryface01 wrote:After watching some trailers, I want a Nagini to be made

Just announced today along with my fave beastie -Zouwu!
Ahsoka Superfan
HOF #94 - Class of 2023
ISO Kamala Khan / Ms. Marvel MCU
Wednesday Addams Netflix Proto

Avengers74

Postby Avengers74 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:20 pm

I am very excited for both the Zouwu and for Nagini. The beasts have been great additions to the line and I am so excited for this film. I do hope we get a few of the human characters - especially Credence! I also am hoping for the human Nagini as well,

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:46 pm

Has anyone seen/bought the Michaels' exclusive Newt in person?
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

odnar

Postby odnar » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:08 pm

RogueSolo wrote:Has anyone seen/bought the Michaels' exclusive Newt in person?

I just ordered newt online!

https://www.michaels.com/pop-the-crimes ... wt&start=2

Avengers74

Postby Avengers74 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:54 pm

Yes. One of the Michael’s in my area got a shipment of 12 in. I had been calling as I visited a couple of stores and they were nice enough to check to see if they had it on order and also check other stores so I had an idea what ones might be getting it in soon.

When I went in to the store and checked the Pop section it wasn’t there. I asked one of the employees in a nearby isle and she knew exactly what I was asking about. For their store the manager had them in the office and you had to go to the register to ask for it. They were selling them 1 per person. Was really nice as it gave more people a chance to get one versus someone buying them all and putting them on eBay.

The Pop turned out great as the detail on the postcard is amazing! Definitely one of my favorites!

kevin87

Postby kevin87 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:26 am

Avengers74 wrote:

Yes. One of the Michael’s in my area got a shipment of 12 in. I had been calling as I visited a couple of stores and they were nice enough to check to see if they had it on order and also check other stores so I had an idea what ones might be getting it in soon.

When I went in to the store and checked the Pop section it wasn’t there. I asked one of the employees in a nearby isle and she knew exactly what I was asking about. For their store the manager had them in the office and you had to go to the register to ask for it. They were selling them 1 per person. Was really nice as it gave more people a chance to get one versus someone buying them all and putting them on eBay.

The Pop turned out great as the detail on the postcard is amazing! Definitely one of my favorites!

For mine, I was checking store stock every day since the page went up online. Finally showed in stock at both of my closest Michaels (they're in opposite directions of my house though lol), and I had to go to Best Buy and Target (Walmart sucks) to get some new releases anyway so that gave me more of a reason to get out... They have a new Michaels Kids section in the back so they moved the Pops there, didn't have all that many so I asked an employee and she said they were on the top shelf and would come help us when she was done with the person she was with. Waited about 8ish minutes and she still hasn't come back so I just happened to glance on the top of the shelf behind me and they were there, I assumed she meant the top shelf of the Pop section... so that was weird placement lol

Somebody on FB was saying only certain stores were getting these and they won't be getting more, but if that's true then I'd be surprised because there was maybe 4 people in the store other than me and only saw two employees when I was there... so it'd be an odd choice lol

I was worried about this one, but it was actually the easiest one (apart from HT and BL)... just took forever to finally come out because it's not a store that should be getting exclusives. I guess because postcards are crafty? lol

ckjohns85

Postby ckjohns85 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:38 pm

I know they've already done a lot of the creatures from the HP universe.. but I'd really like to have even more, or even some of the dragons. And I'm sure it would be difficult.. but Credence as the Obscurial would be SOO cool.
Colette :cat:

Fundays 2019 second place hula contest!

Image Image

Return to “Pop!”