Fantastic Beasts - Crimes of Grindelwald Pops

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Katers

Re: Fantastic Beasts - Crimes of Grindelwald Pops

Postby Katers » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:29 am

Wild_Flower85 wrote:
Katers wrote:
TenTwoSix wrote:I saw a pic of a chase! Hopefully I'll be able to find one in the wild.

Most of me thinks "I need this DESPERATELY!", but a small part of me wants to know what the regular pop looks like before I go nuts trying to track this one!

The chase does look amazing! Good luck to you and I hope you find one!!

Thanks! Thus far all chases have escaped me, but I've also not tried terribly hard for them. There haven't been any that I was desperate for, and I figured, karma being what it is, I'd let the chases go to people who really needed them! Hoping karma will now come through for me when it's actually a line I collect!
Image ImageImage Image

Wild_Flower85

Postby Wild_Flower85 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:32 pm

Katers wrote:
Wild_Flower85 wrote:
Katers wrote:
Most of me thinks "I need this DESPERATELY!", but a small part of me wants to know what the regular pop looks like before I go nuts trying to track this one!

The chase does look amazing! Good luck to you and I hope you find one!!

Thanks! Thus far all chases have escaped me, but I've also not tried terribly hard for them. There haven't been any that I was desperate for, and I figured, karma being what it is, I'd let the chases go to people who really needed them! Hoping karma will now come through for me when it's actually a line I collect!

It will work out for you and I look forward to the post of your chase found!

kevin87

Postby kevin87 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:39 pm

PandaKnight2005 wrote:I prey for an occamy!

I'd be surprised if they did another Occamy... I just hope I can get the Chase.

Also still hoping the 10 inch Niffler has a normal size version because I won't get the 10 inch lol

kevin87

Postby kevin87 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:55 pm

Looks like there's going to be a Funko-Shop Fwooper... I saw it on FB, can't make out if there's a limited number associated with it, be nice if they just release a normal exclusive and stop with the limited number ridiculousness. If it's limited and I can't get it for under $30, I'll probably give up on Fantastic Beasts completely. FB, HP, and Doctor Who are the only big lines I stay 100% on, and I've been successful until the Newt Chase lol

I could post the photo but I'm not sure what the rules are about leaks? I'm sure most people here are in the same FB group anyway :P

EDIT:
Clearer photo on the IG everybody always uses... so yeah it's just a normal exclusive, so hopefully they have tons to sell and it doesn't sell out. I never notice Funko-Shop stuff until like 2 hours after they've sold out lol

yokofox33

Postby yokofox33 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:07 pm

kevin87 wrote:Looks like there's going to be a Funko-Shop Fwooper... I saw it on FB, can't make out if there's a limited number associated with it, be nice if they just release a normal exclusive and stop with the limited number ridiculousness. If it's limited and I can't get it for under $30, I'll probably give up on Fantastic Beasts completely. FB, HP, and Doctor Who are the only big lines I stay 100% on, and I've been successful until the Newt Chase lol

I could post the photo but I'm not sure what the rules are about leaks? I'm sure most people here are in the same FB group anyway :P

EDIT:
Clearer photo on the IG everybody always uses... so yeah it's just a normal exclusive, so hopefully they have tons to sell and it doesn't sell out. I never notice Funko-Shop stuff until like 2 hours after they've sold out lol

No limited number. Someone on reddit posted a much clearer picture not too long ago. Wish it was flocked, but it still looks great!
Main Collections: Star Wars (Pops, Minis, Dorbz), Harry Potter (Pops & Minis), DBZ, Sailor Moon, Stranger Things (Pops, Dorbz), various animation/TV sets

kevin87

Postby kevin87 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:16 pm

yokofox33 wrote:No limited number. Someone on reddit posted a much clearer picture not too long ago. Wish it was flocked, but it still looks great!

I'd rather it not be flocked, but wouldn't surprise me if they do a limited # flocked one too :P

I've only bought from Funko-Shop once, and they didn't (and still don't) accept Amex. Does anybody know if you get more options if you use Amazon or are Visa, Mastercard, and Discover still the only options? They really need to accept Paypal and get it over with lol

I noticed Fwooper is #26, and the HT Chupacabra is #21 and the Target 10 inch Niffler is #22, so I guess we'll get 3 more exclusives. Probably some for NYCC.

Avengers74

Postby Avengers74 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:46 pm

I just found the pic and it did turn out really good. Hot Topic has a Super Cute Plush of the Fwooper so it doesn’t surprise me that ther is a POP of it. I will definitely have to watch the Funko Shop for this one. They are definitely filling up the line with the Beasts. I hope we do get some of the new characters - especially Credence!

I wish we could have gotten an official announcement on what is coming out and who has exclusives. I feel like these will be out and I will be too late to the party to snag a Chase Newt.

lunarembrace

Postby lunarembrace » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:22 pm

It looks like these are releasing tomorrow. Kind of bummed since I'm not going to be able to make it anywhere during opening. The woes of the game. =oP Hopefully there are enough to go around so second-hand isn't too bad.
Melissa

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:29 am

Wild_Flower85 wrote:
Katers wrote:
Wild_Flower85 wrote:The chase does look amazing! Good luck to you and I hope you find one!!

It will work out for you and I look forward to the post of your chase found!

So appreciative of your positive attitude on my behalf! Thanks!!
Image ImageImage Image

RobinBear177

Postby RobinBear177 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:05 am

My BoxLunch is going to have these out tomorrow

tigsabud1

Postby tigsabud1 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:15 am

Went to my local GameStop yesterday (Friday) and found Newt, Dumbledore, Grindlewald, and a Thestral, but they couldn't sell them to me because they were street-dated for today. But luckily they put them on hold, and I'm going to pick them up today as part of the Buy 3, Get 1 Free. The Thestral looked REALLY nice in person!
:dkjoker1:

kevin87

Postby kevin87 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:53 am

RobinBear177 wrote:My BoxLunch is going to have these out tomorrow

tigsabud1 wrote:Went to my local GameStop yesterday (Friday) and found Newt, Dumbledore, Grindlewald, and a Thestral, but they couldn't sell them to me because they were street-dated for today. But luckily they put them on hold, and I'm going to pick them up today as part of the Buy 3, Get 1 Free. The Thestral looked REALLY nice in person!

At least you have a Box Lunch :P All I have in my small city are GameStop and Hot Topic, but Hot Topic is in the outlet mall pretty much on the border of the town, in the opposite direction of anything I have any interest in (it's just a bunch of clothing/shoe stores, some homeware type stores, Claire's, and Hot Topic lol) so I don't even go there all that often except for Con stuff that I know they'll have, I don't like going places and not getting something, I feel like I wasted time lol We also have one of the worst Walmarts in existence but GameStop is in the same shopping center so I'll check it when I get groceries tomorrow. I'm not so worried about the commons, but that Chase Newt is going to be a pain in the bewt I think lol

Has anybody found a placeholder for the HT exclusive Chupacabra variant?

magicalme

Postby magicalme » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:58 am

Hoping I have luck tomorrow getting all the Pops including the chase Newt!! Fingers crossed...
http://www.instagram.com/magicalme359

GRAIL ISO:
OG Cereal Monsters

sshhhaun

Postby sshhhaun » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:48 am

The new set is looking great. Excited to see the Fwooper, hoping to get lucky once they release on funko shop. Wish the will try to make all the fantastic beasts. That would be amazing to display, oob or not.
Happy Collecting! Cheers! \:D/

#FunkoFunaticPhilippines
#TeamBatman #TeamDeadpool
#FunkoSoda

lunarembrace

Postby lunarembrace » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:55 am

I was actually able to get to the mall by 9:30 this morning, but 3 people in line at Hot Topic and a couple at Box Lunch, and they only had one Newt each. So at least I didn't waste my time waiting in line. But I find it odd they only got 1 each, considering the area is very high volume, and they usually get 3-4 or more chases each time. Maybe the shipment was just very small. But, I'll order one from Amazon once they pop up and cross my fingers!

Good luck to everyone waiting this morning!
Melissa

jahickory

Postby jahickory » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:48 am

I went to B&N today. The worker was so nice when I asked about these pops cause they weren't out anywhere. He opened four boxes for me. But, Newt wasn't in any of them. Oh well. He were talking about how crazy some people are with these pop figures. I told him, I hoped nobody yelled at him today wanting pops lol
Pops wanted;
Dr. Gregory House, Mr. Feeny, Blade (Wesley Snipes please).

Valkyrie

Postby Valkyrie » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:28 pm

I'm loving this new FB line and hope to pick most up this weekend. My mind is blown that Kohls is getting the Flocked Fwooper, How did I not know that Kohls carried Pop!s??? Michael's and B&N are also getting an exclusive Newt. I don't have much hope in getting the Funko pop up shop Fwooper so hoping to get the flocked Kohls version instead. Anyone have any idea when these will be available on Kohls website or if they'll be available in stores? TY

lunarembrace

Postby lunarembrace » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:29 pm

I'm glad they were officially announced today! It is a little weird that some weren't included (like Baby Nifflers, which is on the back of the box as a common and the cat thing?). I already have my Fwooper plush, so I'm looking forward to the Pop!, too.

Love the Rock Candy! Newt looks awesome with his hair and coat whisked behind him. Not going to like hunting down the 10" Niffler, either. I'm just glad there aren't a bunch of Target exclusives. Hope we get a second wave. Hint: Thestral Pop! Ride, please.
Melissa

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:13 pm

lunarembrace wrote:I'm glad they were officially announced today! It is a little weird that some weren't included (like Baby Nifflers, which is on the back of the box as a common and the cat thing?). I already have my Fwooper plush, so I'm looking forward to the Pop!, too.

Love the Rock Candy! Newt looks awesome with his hair and coat whisked behind him. Not going to like hunting down the 10" Niffler, either. I'm just glad there aren't a bunch of Target exclusives. Hope we get a second wave. Hint: Thestral Pop! Ride, please.

The flocked Fwooper looks great too. 10 inch Niffler should be easy in the long run, so many of those 10 inch Pops show up in stores and online restocks.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:48 pm

Didn't seem to be have a young Dumbledore, so Im a little sad but still excited for the overall upcoming range!
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

neonglow

Postby neonglow » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:30 pm

Looks like Kohl's and Michael's have exclusives now. 2 more stores I have to add to my Pop hunt list.

kevin87

Postby kevin87 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:31 pm

Valkyrie wrote:I don't have much hope in getting the Funko pop up shop Fwooper so hoping to get the flocked Kohls version instead. Anyone have any idea when these will be available on Kohls website or if they'll be available in stores? TY

Does anybody know if flocked Pops are just normal and you can remove the flocking? Because I'm seriously considering just trying to scrub it off it'll be the exact same underneath lol

Valde wrote:
lunarembrace wrote:I'm glad they were officially announced today! It is a little weird that some weren't included (like Baby Nifflers, which is on the back of the box as a common and the cat thing?). I already have my Fwooper plush, so I'm looking forward to the Pop!, too.

The flocked Fwooper looks great too. 10 inch Niffler should be easy in the long run, so many of those 10 inch Pops show up in stores and online restocks.

Yeah, Matagot isn't there, and neither is the Chupacabra and the HT exclusive version of it (#21). We're also still missing what #25 is, which makes me hope there's a 4 inch version of the watch Niffler that'll come out too, maybe it'll be NYCC or something. Because I'm not getting a large Niffler when none of the others are that big, it just won't look right. I feel like any 10 inch needs to be a giant character, or they need to also have 4 inch versions of it and the large ones are just meant to be "life size" versions, like with Pikachu, Dobby and Groot.

neonglow wrote:Looks like Kohl's and Michael's have exclusives now. 2 more stores I have to add to my Pop hunt list.

They've both had exclusives before though.

neonglow

Postby neonglow » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:47 pm

kevin87 wrote:
neonglow wrote:Looks like Kohl's and Michael's have exclusives now. 2 more stores I have to add to my Pop hunt list.

I didn't realize that. It's so infrequent that I blocked them out of my mind.

jahickory

Postby jahickory » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:54 pm

Which pop is the Kohls exclusive?
Pops wanted;
Dr. Gregory House, Mr. Feeny, Blade (Wesley Snipes please).

magicalme

Postby magicalme » Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:00 pm

jahickory wrote:Which pop is the Kohls exclusive?

The Flocked Fwooper!
I am really dreading the Kohl’s, Michaels and Walmart Exclusives! None of the Walmart’s around me have pops, j had the worst time hunting the Wonder Woman Michael’s Exclusive (never did find her) and Kohl’s - I didn’t even know what to say about that one lol
http://www.instagram.com/magicalme359

GRAIL ISO:
OG Cereal Monsters

kevin87

Postby kevin87 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:04 pm

neonglow wrote:
kevin87 wrote:

I didn't realize that. It's so infrequent that I blocked them out of my mind.

Yeah there hasn't been many. Kohl's had a photon shield Captain America, a flocked Fluffy the unicorn from Despicable Me, and a Belle Dorbz from live action Beauty and the Beast. Michael's had a red and green holiday colored Bombshells Wonder Woman. I guess Newt with postcard went to Michael's because postcards are kind of crafty? lol

magicalme wrote:The Flocked Fwooper!
I am really dreading the Kohl’s, Michaels and Walmart Exclusives! None of the Walmart’s around me have pops, j had the worst time hunting the Wonder Woman Michael’s Exclusive (never did find her) and Kohl’s - I didn’t even know what to say about that one lol

Supposedly Walmart is going to start letting a vendor stock them again in a Funko section like Target has instead of doing it themselves, so hopefully they get vendor who knows what they're doing, unlike the one they used to use where they had them in the trading card section lol

Exclusives are getting out of hand, when it was just HT and B&N it wasn't so bad but now everybody wants to get them, but don't know what to do with them, and we can't rely on other countries anymore when the stores just can't get their act together here lol I wish We could just go to an all-commons based system like Australia.

Avengers74

Postby Avengers74 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:34 pm

So the Boxlunch that is near me posted that they got in the Pops and that they had 2 Chase Newt’s last night. I had planned to go to the mall early in hopes of finding the new Pops but my partner had to drop off his Jeep to get the windshield fixed at 8am so I was sure ther would be people already lined up when I got to the mall. Got there around 8:30 and to my absolute surprise there was no one lined up at all. So I was the first one at Boxlunch when they opened this morning and got my first ever Chase!

Boxlunch had Newt, Dumbledore, Grindelwald, Pickett, Thestral and Matagot so I was able to pick these up. They also had the Pocket Pop keychains so I grabbed those as well. I checked Hot Topic and Thinkgeek but they only had Newt, Dumbledore, Grindelwald, Pickett and Thestral. So no Nifflers, Chupacabra or HT Exclusive Chupacabra.

I am very surprised with the announcement though. So many retailer exclusives. And Khol’s? Michaels? Ugh! I agree, keep these at the regular retailers. There is a a Michaels near me so I will have to start checking it once these start showing up. There is a Kohl’s not too far but I never go there as it is always trashed so hopefully it will be available online.

I am dreading the regular version of the Fwooper. I am hoping they will have enough to go around.

I wonder if the HT Chupacabra will be this week’s “What’s Poppin” release? They have been releasing new exclusives that way both in stores and online that way, so it should be easy to pick up.

Overall I do like these releases. I definitely need the 10” Niffler and the Mooncalf (it is so adorable!) from Walmart (hopefully they will release it online as they have been doing where it is sold by Walmart but shipped by Funko. Also can’t wait to get the Baby Niffler 2-pack.

Hopefully we will get a 2nd wave with more of the characters. I really want a new Tina, Queenie, Jacob and Credence!

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:45 pm

sshhhaun wrote:The new set is looking great. Excited to see the Fwooper, hoping to get lucky once they release on funko shop. Wish the will try to make all the fantastic beasts. That would be amazing to display, oob or not.

I agree the entire set looks amazing :)

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:09 pm

Saw a few this morning out at the mall today. Didn't pick them up because I don't have space for an additional HP line but they look great. But the niffler babies are sooooo cute I might not be able to pass them up again when I see them. lol lol lol

Avengers74

Postby Avengers74 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:41 pm

I noticed that some people were posting on another site that they were finding the Baby Nifflers at GameStop so I took a drive to the one just up the street from my house. I looked at the racks but no Fantastic Beasts at all. I noticed they had the movie moments and other two packs on the racks up near the ceiling. I looked and low and behold there they were! The only Pops they seemed to have gotten in! Now I am only missing the Chupacabra to complete the commons. It has been a good Pop day today!

saul_damascus

Postby saul_damascus » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:02 pm

The Barnes And Noble exclusive Newt is perfect.

saul_damascus

Postby saul_damascus » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:11 pm

The Michaels exclusive newt is gonna be difficult to find. So is the Kohls exclusive Fwooper and the Wal-Mart exclusive mooncalf

Strending625
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Strending625 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:27 pm

https://www.funko.com/blog/article/comi ... indelwald/ For anyone that hasn’t seen the blog post yet.
I really need that Thestral for my HP collection.
Brandon
Duty today for a funner tomorrow
Pops: More than my wife needs to know about lol

Mos_Eisley

Postby Mos_Eisley » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:54 pm

I really wish I didn’t have to deal with Kohl’s and Michael’s for these.

kevin87

Postby kevin87 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:40 pm

Avengers74 wrote:I noticed that some people were posting on another site that they were finding the Baby Nifflers at GameStop so I took a drive to the one just up the street from my house. I looked at the racks but no Fantastic Beasts at all. I noticed they had the movie moments and other two packs on the racks up near the ceiling. I looked and low and behold there they were! The only Pops they seemed to have gotten in! Now I am only missing the Chupacabra to complete the commons. It has been a good Pop day today!

What about the Matagot? It wasn't announced, but it's coming out too lol

Went by GS also before grocery shopping. Checked the small shelf where they're at and just glanced at the counter, they had them all sitting there. No Chase, so I left lol

Avengers74

Postby Avengers74 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:42 pm

kevin87 wrote:
Avengers74 wrote:I noticed that some people were posting on another site that they were finding the Baby Nifflers at GameStop so I took a drive to the one just up the street from my house. I looked at the racks but no Fantastic Beasts at all. I noticed they had the movie moments and other two packs on the racks up near the ceiling. I looked and low and behold there they were! The only Pops they seemed to have gotten in! Now I am only missing the Chupacabra to complete the commons. It has been a good Pop day today!

What about the Matagot? It wasn't announced, but it's coming out too lol

Went by GS also before grocery shopping. Checked the small shelf where they're at and just glanced at the counter, they had them all sitting there. No Chase, so I left lol

The Matagot came out today as well. I found it at BoxLunch this morning when I picked up the other Pops - Newt, Chase Newt, Dumbledore, Grindelwald, Pickett & the Thestral. It is actually a really cool Pop, the eyes glow in the dark. Usually I am not a cat person but this one I like.

Jade-Rex

Postby Jade-Rex » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:46 pm

Went to boxlunch to see these guys in person, and I'm definitely going to pick up the Thestral. It looks great! I'm a sucker for creatures. I'm going to keep my eye online for the flocked Fwooper because I love the colors. Looks like a great line even when not everything has been announced yet. My favorite Newt is the briefcase version, super adorable.
Pop count: 300+ (lost count lol)
Dream Pop: Fantasy Barbarian Bakugo
ISO: Bakugo Proto, Picklez and Chester holo cards
Lines I Miss: Wetmore Forest, Boo Hollow

Thehueys

Postby Thehueys » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:57 am

I got the Newt Chase today! Last one at my boxlunch. I was so stoked! Waited hours and it was so so worth it.
Current collection count is over 5000 unique pieces.
FDO: 2023
Fundays: 2018,2019,2021,2022, 2023
Fright Night: 2022
ECCC: 2017,2018,2019,2021
SDCC: 2018, 2019,2022,2023,2024
NYCC: 2019,2022,2023
Wondercon: 2022,2023
C2E2: 2024
FunKon: 2021
Designer Con:2019,2021,2022,2023,2024

Always looking for missing Huckleberry Hound, Freddy Funko and Disney pieces that I’m missing :)

ShakenNotStirred

Postby ShakenNotStirred » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:58 am

kevin87 wrote:Yeah, Matagot isn't there, and neither is the Chupacabra and the HT exclusive version of it (#21). We're also still missing what #25 is, which makes me hope there's a 4 inch version of the watch Niffler that'll come out too, maybe it'll be NYCC or something. Because I'm not getting a large Niffler when none of the others are that big, it just won't look right. I feel like any 10 inch needs to be a giant character, or they need to also have 4 inch versions of it and the large ones are just meant to be "life size" versions, like with Pikachu, Dobby and Groot.

Perhaps the 2 Pack Baby Nifflers is supposed to be #25? The Harry Potter creatures all had an individual number, so maybe they'll number the 2 pack as well.
Maybe it's a bit OCD, but I hate unused numbers in a range. So far, HP/FB didn't have any.

As everyone has said, weird that they left some creatures off the announcement list. Maybe this is WB's wish, to not give too much away? Although we've seen the Matagot in the trailer...

Bummed about the chase Newt. To me he looks better than the common one.
Getting chases around here is really down to luck, since no physical stores get chases. You really have to buy a figure online, and hope it's the chase and not the common. It's like roulette.

Love D-dore, the Mooncalf and the Fwooper. Amazing additions to the line!

And that Thestral is just adorable! Would look good besides Luna, so I'll probably buy more than one.
Hey there! I'm Corneel, but currently there's nothing of interest in this signature.
Scroll along. ;-)

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:26 am

Mos_Eisley wrote:I really wish I didn’t have to deal with Kohl’s and Michael’s for these.

Same, I haven’t had to deal with Kohl’s since they had their Captain America and that was a major pain. Really hope they get a good supply of these and it won’t be the same issues they had before

Return to “Pop!”