Thriller Michael Jackson POP!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
PopPopGoestheHuey

Re: Thriller Michael Jackson POP!

Postby PopPopGoestheHuey » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:02 am

DrunkoPop wrote:
PopPopGoestheHuey wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
GITD Variant ? Take my money!

I’m already saving up too!!!

But after the HBO special that aired last year, I highly doubt this will happen. Again you never know

That’s what I said.
But let’s be honest.
If they make this it sells out.
It's Easy to Smile when you're surrounded by this much MAGIC!!

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:56 am

Just do the 10 inch King of POP!

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:58 am

PopPopGoestheHuey wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
PopPopGoestheHuey wrote:
I’m already saving up too!!!

But after the HBO special that aired last year, I highly doubt this will happen. Again you never know

That’s what I said.
But let’s be honest.

Absolutely
Image Image
ImageImage

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:48 pm

This would be great if it ever came out
ImageImageImage

Some people call me the orange hoodie

ISO funko Force creature from black lagoon chase Glow in the dark

engu001

Postby engu001 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:14 pm

This MJ variant is so iconic so why wouldn't Funko make it?
I would totally get this and add it to my collection.

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:39 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:
PopPopGoestheHuey wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

That’s what I said.
But let’s be honest.

Absolutely

Not only does it sell out but this is one I can easily believe that would be a instant grail similar to the up two pack
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

PopPopGoestheHuey

Postby PopPopGoestheHuey » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:44 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
PopPopGoestheHuey wrote:
That’s what I said.
But let’s be honest.

Absolutely

Not only does it sell out but this is one I can easily believe that would be a instant grail similar to the up two pack

Totally agree!!!!!
On both counts!!
It's Easy to Smile when you're surrounded by this much MAGIC!!

Jon319jon

Postby Jon319jon » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:24 am

Man I would love for them to do this. So many great options

Jaybrd1095

Postby Jaybrd1095 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:48 pm

This subject needs to stay on first page til made!!

SnackAndJill

Postby SnackAndJill » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:54 pm

rexflexall wrote:Just do the 10 inch King of POP!

I would FREAK OUT

Jaybrd1095

Postby Jaybrd1095 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:15 pm

Time to reconsider again

ejcurtis115

Postby ejcurtis115 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:09 am

Yes! Still waiting for this one. PLEASE :cheers:

Jaybrd1095 wrote:This subject needs to stay on first page til made!!
:SW9:
Pops!: 4,500+
Dorbz: 50+
Hikari (regular & XS): 26
Mystery minis: 100+
Pint size heroes: 50+
Reaction figures: 17
Action figures: 24
Wacky Wobblers: 9
Pez Pops: 50+
T's, hat's, patches, pins, socks, Loungefly bags, wallets, backpacks, mugs, salt & pepper shakers, etc.: too many to count!
Funklub member: 13394 (waited a few years into collecting to go ahead and join)

Lukeisthebest2002

Postby Lukeisthebest2002 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:12 pm

jondru wrote:
fbingha wrote:If you want Vincent Price, make him from Edward Scissorhands.

there can be so many variants of V Price

Yeah! Even if it was Vincent Van Ghoul from The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo, it'd still be cool!

TheLastAnimator

Postby TheLastAnimator » Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:21 pm

Please funko!!
:freddy3:

jondru

Postby jondru » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:16 pm

Ola Ray
Andrew

Dbactor

Postby Dbactor » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:38 am

It still feels a little too soon doesn’t it? I know it’s a real tough thing to balance given how many people we enjoy as artists being....compromised....but i think this will need to wait a little longer.

popaholic_anonymous

Postby popaholic_anonymous » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:42 am

Dbactor wrote:It still feels a little too soon doesn’t it? I know it’s a real tough thing to balance given how many people we enjoy as artists being....compromised....but i think this will need to wait a little longer.

Are you implying it’s too soon to make pops after his death? It’s been 11 years since his passing. Or are you referring to lawsuits and alleged accusations against him post death? If that’s the case, then will there ever be a “right time”. I still don’t believe that is reason to neglect all his musical achievement as an legendary artist. I for one have been waiting and hoping for a Thiller/Chase pop. He was a musical genius, icon, and my childhood idol. I would like to remember and honor his memory for all the good he accomplished.

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:08 am

popaholic_anonymous wrote:
Dbactor wrote:It still feels a little too soon doesn’t it? I know it’s a real tough thing to balance given how many people we enjoy as artists being....compromised....but i think this will need to wait a little longer.

Are you implying it’s too soon to make pops after his death? It’s been 11 years since his passing. Or are you referring to lawsuits and alleged accusations against him post death? If that’s the case, then will there ever be a “right time”. I still don’t believe that is reason to neglect all his musical achievement as an legendary artist. I for one have been waiting and hoping for a Thiller/Chase pop. He was a musical genius, icon, and my childhood idol. I would like to remember and honor his memory for all the good he accomplished.

Yeah I’m in agreement with you. I don’t care about the bad press michael got - to me he was an icon and was definitely elite when it came to the music. I can’t really see myself NOT picking up thriller mike if it came out. I honestly feel like if they made thriller mike a convention exclusive; it may be one of funkos highest selling, popular exclusives of all time. I even think as a common thriller mike would float
PopPChulo

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

Dbactor

Postby Dbactor » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:26 pm

PopPChulo wrote:

Yeah I’m in agreement with you. I don’t care about the bad press michael got - to me he was an icon and was definitely elite when it came to the music. I can’t really see myself NOT picking up thriller mike if it came out. I honestly feel like if they made thriller mike a convention exclusive; it may be one of funkos highest selling, popular exclusives of all time. I even think as a common thriller mike would float

I am referring to the allegations. I’m not big into cancel culture, but I do think it’s reasonable to give pause with something so serious. I totally understand why you feel that way. If one of my favorite artists or athletes had some bad stuff come out, I’d be pretty torn, but I couldn’t just give it all up. Even in this case—i bought the music years ago, so yeah i still listen to it all the time. I don’t know now, maybe the idea of creating MORE profit off of him is offputting to me at the moment.

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:20 pm

Dbactor wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

I am referring to the allegations. I’m not big into cancel culture, but I do think it’s reasonable to give pause with something so serious. I totally understand why you feel that way. If one of my favorite artists or athletes had some bad stuff come out, I’d be pretty torn, but I couldn’t just give it all up. Even in this case—i bought the music years ago, so yeah i still listen to it all the time. I don’t know now, maybe the idea of creating MORE profit off of him is offputting to me at the moment.

I completely understand where your coming from and can see how it would be unsettling for you however you have to look at it from this position now. Mike passed so long ago that any profit made from him would go to his estate which in turn would go to his children and his family who in this case from the perspective of what your speaking on are completely innocent in the matter. I like that you called out cancel culture because in society we are so reactive that that is the first thing we tend to lean towards but with you what I can appreciate is you have rationale. Lol most people go ballistic foaming at the mouth and swinging with red eyes when it could be as simple as communicating Lolol. Definitely good points to both sides of the fence in this matter - I just know I need my thriller mike for my set haha
PopPChulo

Dbactor

Postby Dbactor » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:43 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
Dbactor wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

I completely understand where your coming from and can see how it would be unsettling for you however you have to look at it from this position now. Mike passed so long ago that any profit made from him would go to his estate which in turn would go to his children and his family who in this case from the perspective of what your speaking on are completely innocent in the matter. I like that you called out cancel culture because in society we are so reactive that that is the first thing we tend to lean towards but with you what I can appreciate is you have rationale. Lol most people go ballistic foaming at the mouth and swinging with red eyes when it could be as simple as communicating Lolol. Definitely good points to both sides of the fence in this matter - I just know I need my thriller mike for my set haha

I hear ya. One of my favorite writers says that after people die, don’t sweat it anymore...they’re not really benefitting, so i can go with that.

Always glad to have respectful conversations. :freddy3:

funko_gtx91

Postby funko_gtx91 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:00 am

PopPChulo wrote:It seems like out of the Michael Jackson POP! that came out - this is the only one that wasn't created but I Have hard time believing that there wasn't a demand for this. What do you funatics think ? Is this something that you guys would like to see or are you content with your Michael Jackson set how it is? I think that there could be regular Thriller Michael Jackson with a Werewolf Michael Jackson chase and also a Glitter Michael Jackson Thriller FYE exclusive. Anyone else agree?

That would be awesome I like the chase idea and funko definitely needs to come out with a new mold for Michael Jackson

Jaybrd1095

Postby Jaybrd1095 » Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:05 am

I refuse to let this topic fade away!! The King of Pop needs more pops!!

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:35 pm

Jaybrd1095 wrote:I refuse to let this topic fade away!! The King of Pop needs more pops!!

You said it!

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:19 pm

rexflexall wrote:
Jaybrd1095 wrote:I refuse to let this topic fade away!! The King of Pop needs more pops!!

You said it!

As bad as I want this to happen as well as a thriller Freddy - idk if it’s likely anymore :(
PopPChulo

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:20 am

PopPChulo wrote:
rexflexall wrote:

You said it!

As bad as I want this to happen as well as a thriller Freddy - idk if it’s likely anymore :(

Gotta keep prayin'! LOL

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:30 pm

rexflexall wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
You said it!

Gotta keep prayin'! LOL

Been praying nonstop to see this Fr fr. Seems like it’s not gonna happen
PopPChulo

GimmeFunkoNow

Postby GimmeFunkoNow » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:44 pm

I would like to see him with the red/black and white/black jackets and him as a werewolf and GITD werewolf eyes.

kdmlvr

Postby kdmlvr » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:46 pm

GimmeFunkoNow wrote:I would like to see him with the red/black and white/black jackets and him as a werewolf and GITD werewolf eyes.

I would like to see any version of this.
Funko Pop Fan & Loungefly fan.

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:52 am

GimmeFunkoNow wrote:I would like to see him with the red/black and white/black jackets and him as a werewolf and GITD werewolf eyes.

Glow Chase!!

kristineisjoy

Postby kristineisjoy » Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:35 pm

id love the michael jackson thriller plus the indian version thriller one as wel to compliment it hehe
LOVING MY FUNKOS!!!!

Return to “Pop!”