80th Anniversary Wizard of Oz Pops?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
HarryPOPter

Re: 80th Anniversary Wizard of Oz Pops?

Postby HarryPOPter » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:24 pm

Would anyone want to see the Tin Man as a gold chrome? Or even the lion? I don't even like chromes, but I feel like the Tin Man as a gold chrome is so defiant since he's silver and I just love the idea.
Jenny
For more fun on IG: @harrypopter

Harry Potter. Disney villains.

Fundays 2017 :freddy1:

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:54 pm

HarryPOPter wrote:Would anyone want to see the Tin Man as a gold chrome? Or even the lion? I don't even like chromes, but I feel like the Tin Man as a gold chrome is so defiant since he's silver and I just love the idea.

=D> I would be in for sure!
I'm Greg. My son is "RSVHockeyDude". We collect Funko products together.
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197
Funko Soda (My New Favorite): 762 different Sodas including Intl Versions
Other Funko Products (Hikari, Vynl, Wobblers, etc) = 87
Proto Count = 14 Pop (Mostly NHL; a little of Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Disney, The Simpsons); 4 Soda (NYCC Freddy)

Kungfutoys

Postby Kungfutoys » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:04 am

A yellow brick road Movie Moment Set would be great!
:freddy3:
Funko Funatic Since 1999
2002 FunKlub Member #0037
Funko Events Attended:
2002 1st Fundays at Sparky’s until the last Fundays at SDCC 2023
2016 Funko Fright Night
2017 Everett Headquarters Grand Opening
2018 Making Fun Hollywood Premier
2019 Hollywood Store Grand Opening
2021 FunKon Hollywood
2022 Funko Fright Night 2 NYCC
2023 Funko Fundays

Rantt

Postby Rantt » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:29 am

HarryPOPter wrote:Would anyone want to see the Tin Man as a gold chrome? Or even the lion? I don't even like chromes, but I feel like the Tin Man as a gold chrome is so defiant since he's silver and I just love the idea.

I would prefer metallic or even flock but I'm all in if there's new variants of them as the OG were so ex and I love them so much!
:freddy2: Kent Chua

ISO: AstroBoy Protos, Maleficent Protos, Funko Freddy Protos.

HarryPOPter

Postby HarryPOPter » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:31 pm

Rantt wrote:

I would prefer metallic or even flock but I'm all in if there's new variants of them as the OG were so ex and I love them so much!

Metallic on the Tin Man would look awesome hahah. I do like the idea of different textures on the characters since they were all different. Flocked Lion next to a metallic Tin Man would look so cool.
Jenny
For more fun on IG: @harrypopter

Harry Potter. Disney villains.

Fundays 2017 :freddy1:

Rantt

Postby Rantt » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:08 pm

HarryPOPter wrote:
Rantt wrote:

Metallic on the Tin Man would look awesome hahah. I do like the idea of different textures on the characters since they were all different. Flocked Lion next to a metallic Tin Man would look so cool.

Yes we can always wish n hope here n someday... Maybe someday they might happen!!

Joshua1117

Postby Joshua1117 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:27 pm

Are we getting these pops because of the 80th anniversary? That would be awesome.

evrythngzen

Postby evrythngzen » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:09 pm

TheLastAnimator wrote:
kroffty wrote:When the second wave of Oz POP!s appeared in 2013, I made this sketch in hopes of enticing Brian to consider making a set of Mystery Mini POP! Munchkins and Monkeys so that they would be smaller than the Oz character POP!s and fun to collect with color variant chase pieces. I simply never got around to showing it to him and chatting about it. I'm all for more Oz for the 80th!

You’re art is wonderful! I think after a redo of the main characters, these additions would be pretty awesome to see! I’d love to see if we can get any news if this can ever happen. I love the movie, and would love this in the collection!

I agree, this sketch is amazing and has some really great ideas there!!
:freddy3: Collector, convention manager, all around nerdy weirdo!!

wuvvy

Postby wuvvy » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:58 am

PigNosePony wrote:
TheLastAnimator wrote:Hey all, I recently saw the Wizard of Oz the other day, and took notice that next year will be the films 80th anniversary! Im aware that we have already gotten pops from the film, but I would like to know if any of you think that it would be a great idea in getting another wave done, and getting another chance to get them, especially for new funko fans. I think Funko can remake the original characters again, in great detail and the variations would be cool. Id love to see a sepia version of dorothy, and a glitter version of dorthy and her red shoes. What are your guys thoughts? This would defintely be a fantastic idea, and i would buy the whole set in a heartbeat. The movie is iconic, that resonates through all generations.

I would love a sepia Dorthy with glittery red shoes!

The sepia Dorothy with glittery shoes sounds amazing

SpastikGrl

Postby SpastikGrl » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:03 pm

wuvvy wrote:
PigNosePony wrote:
TheLastAnimator wrote:Hey all, I recently saw the Wizard of Oz the other day, and took notice that next year will be the films 80th anniversary! Im aware that we have already gotten pops from the film, but I would like to know if any of you think that it would be a great idea in getting another wave done, and getting another chance to get them, especially for new funko fans. I think Funko can remake the original characters again, in great detail and the variations would be cool. Id love to see a sepia version of dorothy, and a glitter version of dorthy and her red shoes. What are your guys thoughts? This would defintely be a fantastic idea, and i would buy the whole set in a heartbeat. The movie is iconic, that resonates through all generations.

I would love a sepia Dorthy with glittery red shoes!

The sepia Dorothy with glittery shoes sounds amazing

THank you!!

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:13 pm

Kungfutoys wrote:A yellow brick road Movie Moment Set would be great!

yes we totally need this. It would be an amazing pop and probably pretty big though.
Collecting since 2014

Beaniiman

Postby Beaniiman » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:36 pm

A Movie Moment with the poppies field could be fun, really colorful
ßeaniiman :freddy3:

Afrofreddy

Postby Afrofreddy » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:06 am

evrythngzen wrote:
TheLastAnimator wrote:
kroffty wrote:When the second wave of Oz POP!s appeared in 2013, I made this sketch in hopes of enticing Brian to consider making a set of Mystery Mini POP! Munchkins and Monkeys so that they would be smaller than the Oz character POP!s and fun to collect with color variant chase pieces. I simply never got around to showing it to him and chatting about it. I'm all for more Oz for the 80th!

You’re art is wonderful! I think after a redo of the main characters, these additions would be pretty awesome to see! I’d love to see if we can get any news if this can ever happen. I love the movie, and would love this in the collection!

OMG that would be amazing to make those even like in 3 packs and stuff great art work!!!!
Hi, my name is Sean

Image ImageImageImageImage

TheLastAnimator

Postby TheLastAnimator » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:12 am

Afrofreddy wrote:
evrythngzen wrote:
TheLastAnimator wrote:

OMG that would be amazing to make those even like in 3 packs and stuff great art work!!!!

Great idea!

ShellyGt86

Postby ShellyGt86 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:31 pm

I need Wizard of Oz pops please. These were from my childhood.
To live will be a great Adventure... :grommit:Image]

Image[/url]

Joesandwich123

Postby Joesandwich123 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:38 am

Would love to see this line revisited
Will Funko make Earthbound pops before Nintendo releases Mother 3?

Shalee04

Postby Shalee04 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:47 am

Oh Kroffty, these are awesome and would make cute mystery minis. \:D/
They call me Kelly :smt031
OOB deals I love to find.

Disney is my first love whether it be pops, Dorbz , minis or dolls.

Pops and Dorbz -2000+~~~ I have lost count actually
Minis-450+
Protos-2 Dug with cone from my first fundays in 2016
And
Baby Groot with bomb from 2018

Mjacob78

Postby Mjacob78 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:42 am

Shalee04 wrote:

Oh Kroffty, these are awesome and would make cute mystery minis. \:D/

Wow these are great!! I love seeing what people create :) I hope they do come out with something !!
Gotta love those pops :freddy2:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

RBK

Postby RBK » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:16 am

lavery01 wrote:Since I wasn't collecting pops when they were first released, I would definately love another wave of these pops.

This.
I started collecting quite late, and managed to get Dorothy, Cowardly Lion, Tin Man, Scarecrow and Winged Monkey, but could never score Wicked Witch or Glinda with reasonable price. If they come up with new sculpts for these two, I will get them for sure.

d3postman

Postby d3postman » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:04 pm

3 pack lollipop guild please!

Funko Fundays: 2015, 2019, 2021

SDCC: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022

FDO: FDO8

Vises35

Postby Vises35 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:16 pm

I would be all over this. Maybe one day I would be able to get the OG set but I would settle for new molds and variants. Wow, Happy 80th Anniversary to the Wizard of Oz (next year? lol), that's awesome! =)

Instagram: Viseslovestocollect

volsspongebob

Postby volsspongebob » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:35 pm

Rantt wrote:

A metallic Tin Man would be super sweet. No chrome for me.
Love to Collect the 80s stuff. Also chasing the OG Rocky Set. First Funko Purchase was 2012 SDCC.

MISSING FUNDAYS ON A DAILY BASIS!!

[size=85]Image

Chernabog

Postby Chernabog » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:40 pm

All of you guys are way too creative for my blood, but they are all good ideas

Rantt

Postby Rantt » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:28 pm

volsspongebob wrote:
Rantt wrote:

A metallic Tin Man would be super sweet. No chrome for me.

I'm OK with new mold, whether chrome, flock or metallic... Please make us happy!!

Nooklin

Postby Nooklin » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:39 pm

Can we get the Roller Monkeys from Return to Oz?

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:41 pm

I don't think this is a bad idea at all. I love to see Anniversary pops released.
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

Nellekeller

Postby Nellekeller » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:13 pm

Everyone that has posted has amazing ideas! This is a classic for everyone of all ages these pops would be very sought after.

kastudillo

Postby kastudillo » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:15 pm

Newer versions would be nice but nothing beats the original glad I was able to get my hands on them before they got expensive
Love anything Funko!!! :freddy3:
ImageImage

volsspongebob

Postby volsspongebob » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:52 am

Whether Mystery or POP form the Munchkins are much needed! At least the Mayor!
Love to Collect the 80s stuff. Also chasing the OG Rocky Set. First Funko Purchase was 2012 SDCC.

MISSING FUNDAYS ON A DAILY BASIS!!

[size=85]Image

TheLastAnimator

Postby TheLastAnimator » Sat May 11, 2019 6:30 am

volsspongebob wrote:

Whether Mystery or POP form the Munchkins are much needed! At least the Mayor!

They would look so cute as minis too!

TheLastAnimator

Postby TheLastAnimator » Wed May 29, 2019 12:47 pm

Im hoping these get made soon enough. This movie is too iconic.

dirtyhobbit

Postby dirtyhobbit » Wed May 29, 2019 1:06 pm

I'm on the fence with the reissues, while it would be cool to see new sculpts, I feel bad for the people that spent a crapload of money for the vaulted ones

TheLastAnimator

Postby TheLastAnimator » Wed May 29, 2019 1:11 pm

dirtyhobbit wrote:I'm on the fence with the reissues, while it would be cool to see new sculpts, I feel bad for the people that spent a crapload of money for the vaulted ones

Yeah but you can also say the same about the old power ranger pops, the old Simpson’s, the old spongebobs and past lines that’ll eventually be brought back for reissues and more diverse characters. Funko is getting bigger and bigger every year, so I think it’s fair for more lines to be brought back, especially with a huge fan base behind them. The potential to add on more characters who weren’t made before for wizard of Oz is endless, especially with adding remolds of the classic characters with different poses and New variations.

Panda

Postby Panda » Wed May 29, 2019 1:14 pm

would love new molds and update version of Wizard of Oz

Thepopninja

Postby Thepopninja » Wed May 29, 2019 1:22 pm

:D :D new molds and a movie moment would be great.
\:D/ from the shadow realm.... enters ThePopNinja

FunkoPoppinLockin

Postby FunkoPoppinLockin » Wed May 29, 2019 1:53 pm

I would love some new Oz pops
Instagram: funkopoppinlockin
Instagram: Jlop24
Twitter: Lopez_josh24

BadEugoogolizer

Postby BadEugoogolizer » Wed May 29, 2019 2:16 pm

Count me in! My mom and I have always been fans of this movie. My mom's best friend from high school is the Tin Man's granddaughter, so it's always been part of my life. Her mom had this huge picture wall of showbiz from the 40s up to like the 60s and tons of memorabilia all over. I totally didn't appreciate it as a kid, but I'd love to go and see it all again as it was. Her mom died about 10 years ago and all of her collection went to different members of the family.
Or did you think I'd be too stupid to know what a eugoogoly was?

dirtyhobbit

Postby dirtyhobbit » Wed May 29, 2019 8:08 pm

TheLastAnimator wrote:
dirtyhobbit wrote:I'm on the fence with the reissues, while it would be cool to see new sculpts, I feel bad for the people that spent a crapload of money for the vaulted ones

Yeah but you can also say the same about the old power ranger pops, the old Simpson’s, the old spongebobs and past lines that’ll eventually be brought back for reissues and more diverse characters. Funko is getting bigger and bigger every year, so I think it’s fair for more lines to be brought back, especially with a huge fan base behind them. The potential to add on more characters who weren’t made before for wizard of Oz is endless, especially with adding remolds of the classic characters with different poses and New variations.

I definitely get that, without question, but sometimes getting bigger and devaluing older stuff can be the beginning of the end

Joshua1117

Postby Joshua1117 » Thu May 30, 2019 11:13 pm

This would be great for San Diego Comic Con 2019.

Oxayotl

Postby Oxayotl » Fri May 31, 2019 12:01 am

Joshua1117 wrote:This would be great for San Diego Comic Con 2019.

Definitely agree.

Return to “Pop!”