What anime needs pops next?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Justuravgnerd

Re: What anime needs pops next?

Postby Justuravgnerd » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:19 am

Toys R Us Kid wrote:I wonder if it's difficult to get that Gundam license. Cause Funko could really go wild with these.
Watching it all over again from the beginning and can't help but want these. Different from the Megazords though. Wasn't too satisfied with those.

Would be cool if they made Gundam Funko’s model kit style so you have to put it together!

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:13 am

I have a feeling after seeing the sdcc reveals yesterday that we will be seeing some evangelion 10 inches very soon.
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:41 pm

We got a couple anime pops like a couple DBZ and and Ruby from RWBY
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:29 pm

Toys R Us Kid wrote:I wonder if it's difficult to get that Gundam license. Cause Funko could really go wild with these.
Watching it all over again from the beginning and can't help but want these. Different from the Megazords though. Wasn't too satisfied with those.

Gundam pops would be fantastic. I'd hope for 6 inches, similar to the Titan Fall pops
Hi, I’m Steph.

Joser777

Re: Which anime line would you like to see?

Postby Joser777 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:30 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
Joser777 wrote:i am still waiting for hunterxhunter and the seven deadly sins

This is my primary want as well. I think it was a news headline that they got the license for HxH - tbh imma get the whole set

yeah and i can imagine what exclusives they could come out with so many possibilities
iso: anime protos, scott pilgrim protos, spiderman protos

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:19 am

Soooo we going to talk about the asuka pop to kick off the EVA line orrrrrrrrr NAHHH
A funatic who is 1% more obsessed with anime than Funko.

| Pops: 1530 | Dorbz: 18 | IG: 91shawny

ImageImageImageImage

ryusilva23

Postby ryusilva23 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:23 am

91shawny wrote:Soooo we going to talk about the asuka pop to kick off the EVA line orrrrrrrrr NAHHH

Nahhhhhh... I mean I can't wait to see the Evangelion Units and Angels being made!!!! They should all be 10" as well, that's what I'm hoping for.

Hirokus_bane

Postby Hirokus_bane » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:31 am

PopPChulo wrote:I have a feeling after seeing the sdcc reveals yesterday that we will be seeing some evangelion 10 inches very soon.

I was surprised to see Asuka pop up (pun not intended). Curious to see who will be next. Better not be another Dark Souls.

SazukiSenpai

Postby SazukiSenpai » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:32 am

ryusilva23 wrote:
91shawny wrote:Soooo we going to talk about the asuka pop to kick off the EVA line orrrrrrrrr NAHHH

Nahhhhhh... I mean I can't wait to see the Evangelion Units and Angels being made!!!! They should all be 10" as well, that's what I'm hoping for.

I dont have the space for all that x_x
Current Pop count: 801
Favorite Pop: Smooth Criminal Michael Jackson
ISO: Anime Protos
Twitch.tv/SazukiSenpai

Hirokus_bane

Postby Hirokus_bane » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:34 am

SazukiSenpai wrote:
ryusilva23 wrote:

Its okay. You can always use more pops you have a kids room, office or guest room? Nope you actually have a pop room

SazukiSenpai

Postby SazukiSenpai » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:35 am

ryusilva23 wrote:

Current Pop count: 801
Favorite Pop: Smooth Criminal Michael Jackson
ISO: Anime Protos
Twitch.tv/SazukiSenpai

Hirokus_bane

Postby Hirokus_bane » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:35 am

TheStephil wrote:

Gundam pops would be fantastic. I'd hope for 6 inches, similar to the Titan Fall pops

I'm starting to feel that all the mech related pops should be that way. Cause you get a cute pilot pop and a cool six inch mech pop. So many anime possibilities.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:19 am

Saw a "leak" that mentioned some more soul eater pops please do not let it just be a rumor someone started

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:43 am

Hirokus_bane wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

I'm starting to feel that all the mech related pops should be that way. Cause you get a cute pilot pop and a cool six inch mech pop. So many anime possibilities.

Im sure gundam is real difficult because they have a huge fan base and there merchandise already is selling like hot cakes in japan lol idek what it would take to get them to let funko in
PopPChulo

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:35 am

hailmary25 wrote:Saw a "leak" that mentioned some more soul eater pops please do not let it just be a rumor someone started

Nope, it was a system so maybe it will happen, and if it does, I'm here for it

ImageImageImageImage

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:44 am

91shawny wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:Saw a "leak" that mentioned some more soul eater pops please do not let it just be a rumor someone started

I'm excited about the potential of more soul eater but also sad because I don't have the original wave and they have increased in value.
Hi, I’m Steph.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:38 pm

TheStephil wrote:
91shawny wrote:

I'm excited about the potential of more soul eater but also sad because I don't have the original wave and they have increased in value.

Yeah they did raise up a little but it will only get worse if they do in fact release more. The potential list has me pumped.

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:43 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
91shawny wrote:

Yeah they did raise up a little but it will only get worse if they do in fact release more. The potential list has me pumped.

Stop thinking and grab it now, because when that list becomes official, boy the prices lol

ImageImageImageImage

Hirokus_bane

Postby Hirokus_bane » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:34 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

Im sure gundam is real difficult because they have a huge fan base and there merchandise already is selling like hot cakes in japan lol idek what it would take to get them to let funko in

you know I get that and it makes sense. I was even at the point a long time ago where I would assemble and paint the models for gundam. However Pop is just a vastly different variant in my opinion. I doubt it would take away from the models they make now. Hell it could draw more attention.
I know ever since my wife got into funkos she pays more notice to those realistic models you see all over conventions. The name or term eludes me so I'm just gonna sound dumb now.

Funko_boy13

Postby Funko_boy13 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:45 pm

Gundam pops would be pretty cool.

calpolo17

Postby calpolo17 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:04 pm

One down, two to go.

calpolo17 wrote:Evangelion
Area 88
Kenshin

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:30 pm

Hirokus_bane wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:

you know I get that and it makes sense. I was even at the point a long time ago where I would assemble and paint the models for gundam. However Pop is just a vastly different variant in my opinion. I doubt it would take away from the models they make now. Hell it could draw more attention.
I know ever since my wife got into funkos she pays more notice to those realistic models you see all over conventions. The name or term eludes me so I'm just gonna sound dumb now.

I think that the licensors of gundam have the problem with how similar Funko is with the chibi gundam variants they manufacture. i suggest you go to google and take a gander at what im referring to. Just look for chibi gundam or chibi gundam figures and you should see it. Youll probably have a better idea at that point as to w hy y they may be steering clear
PopPChulo

Techwrecker

Re: Pops based on OG animes...

Postby Techwrecker » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:21 pm

Hirokus_bane wrote:
Fugly16 wrote:
Techwrecker wrote:I was watching one of my all time favorite animes called Outlaw Star and was wondering why haven't they made pops of this show others such as...
Trigun
Gurren Lagann
Ronin Warriors
Knights of the Zodiac Saint Seyia
Outlaw Star
Just to name a few but you have others let's hear them and I hope funko is listening because they made Cowboy Bebop pops and hoping they can start working on these.
Spoiler: show

Ronin Warriors, /swoon !!!

Great suggestions. Just realized Gurren Laggen would be great with the mechs. They could do like they did with Titan Fall. Six inch bot with keychain size pilots. They could make some really cool ones.

That would be amazing they can also do that with any Gundam mech anime, I just can't wait to see what they'll do.

Hirokus_bane

Postby Hirokus_bane » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:25 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:Im sure gundam is real difficult because they have a huge fan base and there merchandise already is selling like hot cakes in japan lol idek what it would take to get them to let funko in

I think that the licensors of gundam have the problem with how similar Funko is with the chibi gundam variants they manufacture. i suggest you go to google and take a gander at what im referring to. Just look for chibi gundam or chibi gundam figures and you should see it. Youll probably have a better idea at that point as to w hy y they may be steering clear

oh duuuuuuh.

Yeah I completely forgot about the chibi ones. Yeah that makes a lot more sense why they wouldn't want to do the licensing.

Hirokus_bane

Re: Pops based on OG animes...

Postby Hirokus_bane » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:26 pm

Techwrecker wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:
Fugly16 wrote:
Ronin Warriors, /swoon !!!

Great suggestions. Just realized Gurren Laggen would be great with the mechs. They could do like they did with Titan Fall. Six inch bot with keychain size pilots. They could make some really cool ones.

That would be amazing they can also do that with any Gundam mech anime, I just can't wait to see what they'll do.

yeah I don't think Titanfall pops did well but its such a cool concept. Plus so many animes could utilize it for the pops.

Personally I'm more likely to buy a 6 inch over a 10 inch.

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:39 am

Hirokus_bane wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:

oh duuuuuuh.

Yeah I completely forgot about the chibi ones. Yeah that makes a lot more sense why they wouldn't want to do the licensing.

Yeah the chibi ones almost look like funkos as is. Maybe they will find a middle ground.
PopPChulo

RBK

Postby RBK » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:24 am

Saint Seiya

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:38 am

PopPChulo wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

Yeah I figured with as successful as they do on their own, they wouldn't want to give that up that easy. Hopefully we'll see it in the future. It seems anime in general is one of the biggest sellers. I hope Funko continues to expand on the classics like this.
Jorge, here! Instagram: toys.r.us.kid
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023 | "Making Fun" Hollywood Premier | Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Fright Night II 2022 | Mask - O - Raid 2022 | FDO9 Sacramento | Funkon I & II

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:39 am

Justuravgnerd wrote:

Would be cool if they made Gundam Funko’s model kit style so you have to put it together!

Oh shoot! That actually sounds pretty cool. I'd be up for that.
Jorge, here! Instagram: toys.r.us.kid
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023 | "Making Fun" Hollywood Premier | Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Fright Night II 2022 | Mask - O - Raid 2022 | FDO9 Sacramento | Funkon I & II

Justuravgnerd

Postby Justuravgnerd » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:00 am

Toys R Us Kid wrote:
Justuravgnerd wrote:

Oh shoot! That actually sounds pretty cool. I'd be up for that.

They actually used to make mini Gundam Figures that kinda looked like pops

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:02 am

Let's jump into it! Love it! I hope we get actual 6" Evas with mini riders!
Hi, I'm Dillon!

IG: cptsailor

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:03 am

91shawny wrote:

Black Star and Death the Kid incoming!
Hi, I'm Dillon!

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:27 am

cptsailor wrote:
91shawny wrote:

Gotta get my hands on these for sure!
Hi, I’m Steph.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:12 pm

TheStephil wrote:
cptsailor wrote:
91shawny wrote:

I have always said I would be happy with just those two. The rest are icing on the cake

Markn12

Postby Markn12 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:08 am

Fist of the North Star is my top pick. I loved that show growing up.

digithor

Postby digithor » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:22 am

Markn12 wrote:Fist of the North Star is my top pick. I loved that show growing up.

Now those would be pretty neat to see what funko would come up with.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:32 am

hailmary25 wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
cptsailor wrote:

I have always said I would be happy with just those two. The rest are icing on the cake

I actually passed on soul and maka but im DEF not passing on black star and death the kid
PopPChulo

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:19 am

PopPChulo wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

I actually passed on soul and maka but im DEF not passing on black star and death the kid

I regret passing on them at B&N just like I passed on Eren and Mikasa and Kirito then paying 30ish each. Whoops!
Hi, I'm Dillon!

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:24 am

cptsailor wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:

I regret passing on them at B&N just like I passed on Eren and Mikasa and Kirito then paying 30ish each. Whoops!

Yea I don't play with anime commons anymore, its too risky nowadays. For Death, he better have his guns upside down with the pinky on trigger in perfect symmetry

ImageImageImageImage

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:29 am

digithor wrote:
Markn12 wrote:Fist of the North Star is my top pick. I loved that show growing up.

Now those would be pretty neat to see what funko would come up with.

For a first wave I'd go with Kenshiro, Bat, and Lin, and then there should be an exclusive where Kenshiro's shirtless with the scars on his chest

ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Pop!”