What anime needs pops next?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
cptsailor

Re: What anime needs pops next?

Postby cptsailor » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:05 am

91shawny wrote:
cptsailor wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
I actually passed on soul and maka but im DEF not passing on black star and death the kid

I regret passing on them at B&N just like I passed on Eren and Mikasa and Kirito then paying 30ish each. Whoops!

Yea I don't play with anime commons anymore, its too risky nowadays. For Death, he better have his guns upside down with the pinky on trigger in perfect symmetry

Itd be cool if they throw his board in too!
Hi, I'm Dillon!

IG: cptsailor

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:08 am

cptsailor wrote:
91shawny wrote:
cptsailor wrote:
I regret passing on them at B&N just like I passed on Eren and Mikasa and Kirito then paying 30ish each. Whoops!

Yea I don't play with anime commons anymore, its too risky nowadays. For Death, he better have his guns upside down with the pinky on trigger in perfect symmetry

Itd be cool if they throw his board in too!

Smart man not playing with anime commons. For some reason they seem to vault quicker then anything else and once they are gone they are gone. If its anime and its something i want I get them asap w no hesitation.
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:49 am

91shawny wrote:
cptsailor wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
I actually passed on soul and maka but im DEF not passing on black star and death the kid

Agreed. You never know when they will shoot up in value or be hard to find. Luckily we have good stores around here for commons so I just have to get on them when they come out.
Hi, I’m Steph.

SazukiSenpai

Postby SazukiSenpai » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:23 am

PopPChulo wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:I think that the licensors of gundam have the problem with how similar Funko is with the chibi gundam variants they manufacture. i suggest you go to google and take a gander at what im referring to. Just look for chibi gundam or chibi gundam figures and you should see it. Youll probably have a better idea at that point as to w hy y they may be steering clear

oh duuuuuuh.

Yeah I completely forgot about the chibi ones. Yeah that makes a lot more sense why they wouldn't want to do the licensing.

Yeah the chibi ones almost look like funkos as is. Maybe they will find a middle ground.

Maybe Gundam mini's would work? Make it more affordable since there will be so many different ones?
Current Pop count: 801
Favorite Pop: Smooth Criminal Michael Jackson
ISO: Anime Protos
Twitch.tv/SazukiSenpai

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:36 am

TheStephil wrote:
91shawny wrote:
cptsailor wrote:

Agreed. You never know when they will shoot up in value or be hard to find. Luckily we have good stores around here for commons so I just have to get on them when they come out.

Legit I already have the new common wave of dbz complete in two days, HT discounts but not really discounts but less to stress about.
A funatic who is 1% more obsessed with anime than Funko.

| Pops: 1530 | Dorbz: 18 | IG: 91shawny

ImageImageImageImage

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:38 pm

91shawny wrote:
cptsailor wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

It will be a crime if they do not do this!
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:14 pm

91shawny wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
91shawny wrote:

Legit I already have the new common wave of dbz complete in two days, HT discounts but not really discounts but less to stress about.

I’m not allowing myself to buy any pops until SDCC... except Disney Parks Rocket cause he’s the love of my life.
Hi, I’m Steph.

Brotha_man_davw

Postby Brotha_man_davw » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:16 pm

Some cooler yuyu hakashu exclusives maybe yusake shooting a spirt gun or something lol
Names Dave sup.

I collect Star Wars :SW9: and walking dead etc.

Pops: 210+

digithor

Postby digithor » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:24 pm

91shawny wrote:
digithor wrote:
Markn12 wrote:Fist of the North Star is my top pick. I loved that show growing up.

Now those would be pretty neat to see what funko would come up with.

For a first wave I'd go with Kenshiro, Bat, and Lin, and then there should be an exclusive where Kenshiro's shirtless with the scars on his chest

I like your choices there, I feel like any character from that would make a great pop with how stylized they are. Exclusive Kenshiro scar with glow? or no glow? Or perhaps not an exclusive but with a chase that was glow?

Lots to pick from that they could do, I think Jagi, Kaioh for example would make good characters to design.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:01 am

Justuravgnerd wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:
Justuravgnerd wrote:
Would be cool if they made Gundam Funko’s model kit style so you have to put it together!

Oh shoot! That actually sounds pretty cool. I'd be up for that.

They actually used to make mini Gundam Figures that kinda looked like pops

Oh these are sweet. It's a little hard to imagine them with the classic pop eyes. Or might turn out like the Baby Milo Gundam.
Jorge, here! Instagram: toys.r.us.kid
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023 | "Making Fun" Hollywood Premier | Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Fright Night II 2022 | Mask - O - Raid 2022 | FDO9 Sacramento | Funkon I & II

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:53 pm

digithor wrote:
91shawny wrote:
digithor wrote:
Now those would be pretty neat to see what funko would come up with.

For a first wave I'd go with Kenshiro, Bat, and Lin, and then there should be an exclusive where Kenshiro's shirtless with the scars on his chest

I like your choices there, I feel like any character from that would make a great pop with how stylized they are. Exclusive Kenshiro scar with glow? or no glow? Or perhaps not an exclusive but with a chase that was glow?

Lots to pick from that they could do, I think Jagi, Kaioh for example would make good characters to design.

Oh definitely, for me with anime and what I've seen funko do is release like 3 or 4 characters for the first wave so whenever I think of an anime, I go for the 3 or 4 iconic characters in a first wave sense, so the 4th would have to be shin for the villian but man a GITD glowing scar on Kenshiro would look :freddy2: :freddy2: :freddy2:

ImageImageImageImage

Hirokus_bane

Postby Hirokus_bane » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:26 pm

SazukiSenpai wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:
oh duuuuuuh.

Yeah I completely forgot about the chibi ones. Yeah that makes a lot more sense why they wouldn't want to do the licensing.

Yeah the chibi ones almost look like funkos as is. Maybe they will find a middle ground.

Maybe Gundam mini's would work? Make it more affordable since there will be so many different ones?

Maybe they are small enough and whoever has the licence wont even notice. Bandai you dont see these gundam funkos. :-"

digithor

Postby digithor » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:18 pm

91shawny wrote:
digithor wrote:
91shawny wrote:

Oh definitely, for me with anime and what I've seen funko do is release like 3 or 4 characters for the first wave so whenever I think of an anime, I go for the 3 or 4 iconic characters in a first wave sense, so the 4th would have to be shin for the villian but man a GITD glowing scar on Kenshiro would look :freddy2: :freddy2: :freddy2:

That would be a pretty good time line I could go for.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

LakerNation1216

Postby LakerNation1216 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:42 pm

Claymore or Berserk!
Current POP/Dorbz/Misc. Funko Count:
~1,711

Updated 4-11-22

Lakers Basketball
Rams Football
:freddy3:

x56735x

Postby x56735x » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:54 am

As with many others who've stated it and with the last episode airing tomorrow. Shield Hero would be great! However, my wallet would weep if they made multiple versions of him with different shields....
ImageImage

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:02 am

x56735x wrote:As with many others who've stated it and with the last episode airing tomorrow. Shield Hero would be great! However, my wallet would weep if they made multiple versions of him with different shields....

NOW OR NEVER! Last episode of the season airs today! A good start would be Naofumi, Ralphtalia, and Filo (Fiolial form and human form)!
Hi, I'm Dillon!

SazukiSenpai

Postby SazukiSenpai » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:45 am

Odd anime idea but I like Ai Yori Aoshi, i doubt they'd be made but I'd be happy with them >>;
Twitch.tv/SazukiSenpai

SazukiSenpai

Postby SazukiSenpai » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:46 am

Hirokus_bane wrote:
SazukiSenpai wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

Maybe they are small enough and whoever has the licence wont even notice. Bandai you dont see these gundam funkos. :-"

Make'm so cute they get distracted from the fact they dont have the license :-"
Twitch.tv/SazukiSenpai

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:50 am

cptsailor wrote:
x56735x wrote:As with many others who've stated it and with the last episode airing tomorrow. Shield Hero would be great! However, my wallet would weep if they made multiple versions of him with different shields....

NOW OR NEVER! Last episode of the season airs today! A good start would be Naofumi, Ralphtalia, and Filo (Fiolial form and human form)!

This upsets me that it's the last episode,
I really hope they bring it back for a season 2 and use a first wave of pops to promote it. Seraph of the End got pops and alot of people never watched so Shield Hero should get some love

ImageImageImageImage

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:49 am

91shawny wrote:
cptsailor wrote:

I really hope they bring it back for a season 2 and use a first wave of pops to promote it. Seraph of the End got pops and alot of people never watched so Shield Hero should get some love

Whoa they way its recieving praise i can't wait to watch. I still been glued to yu yu . I tried to pull shield hero up to watch while i was hiking but it seemed like something i was going to have to pay a lot of attn too
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:14 pm

91shawny wrote:
cptsailor wrote:

I'd say Shield Hero is more deserving based off audience for pops. Hoping it ends on a high note with a clear indication of season 2!
Hi, I'm Dillon!

LakerNation1216

Postby LakerNation1216 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:56 pm

Gundam!
Current POP/Dorbz/Misc. Funko Count:
~1,711

Updated 4-11-22

Lakers Basketball
Rams Football
:freddy3:

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:51 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
91shawny wrote:
cptsailor wrote:

Whoa they way its recieving praise i can't wait to watch. I still been glued to yu yu . I tried to pull shield hero up to watch while i was hiking but it seemed like something i was going to have to pay a lot of attn too

I watched the first 2 episodes of Shield Hero and its extremely good. i put it on hold though until it finished airing so I'll pick up soon. I can only watch 2-3 animes week to week before I get confused and mix up the stories. I'm watching yu yu too! I'm 24 episdoes in and it's really good.
Hi, I’m Steph.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:30 pm

cptsailor wrote:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO why does it have to be the last episode I NEED MORE. But yes those would be my requests for a wave 1

Hirokus_bane

Postby Hirokus_bane » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:22 pm

SazukiSenpai wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:
SazukiSenpai wrote:Maybe Gundam mini's would work? Make it more affordable since there will be so many different ones?

Make'm so cute they get distracted from the fact they dont have the license :-"

if they are adorable they will be to distracted to sue. Great idea. FUNKO run with it! Please

JoeJoe88

Postby JoeJoe88 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:25 am

Any Black Clover fans? I just recently started watching this, and I'd love to see Pops for it!

JoeJoe88

Postby JoeJoe88 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:25 am

Any Black Clover fans? I just recently started watching this, and I'd love to see Pops for it!

Killua916

Postby Killua916 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:05 am

Toys R Us Kid wrote:
Justuravgnerd wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:
Oh shoot! That actually sounds pretty cool. I'd be up for that.

Oh these are sweet. It's a little hard to imagine them with the classic pop eyes. Or might turn out like the Baby Milo Gundam.

I need this but it has to be done right. Tigerzord was atrocious and Voltron was a step in the right direction. I’d collect all the pilots seeing how they all have unique hair styles and clothes

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:11 am

Killua916 wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:
Justuravgnerd wrote:

I need this but it has to be done right. Tigerzord was atrocious and Voltron was a step in the right direction. I’d collect all the pilots seeing how they all have unique hair styles and clothes

Yeah Voltron made up for the Tigerzord. But I think there's a greater demand for Gundam to be done correctly.
I totally forgot about the pilots #-o They would all need their own pop. Zechs would need one too.
Jorge, here! Instagram: toys.r.us.kid
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023 | "Making Fun" Hollywood Premier | Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Fright Night II 2022 | Mask - O - Raid 2022 | FDO9 Sacramento | Funkon I & II

Killua916

Postby Killua916 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:14 am

Toys R Us Kid wrote:
Killua916 wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:
I see you have great taste. Yeah tigerzord didn’t translate well or the person who did the sculpting didn’t realize how silly it looked. I’m not the type to go for something just because the box “says” it’s this character. Still waiting for tiger mold redemption. I don’t know if you ever played super robot wars but I can’t wait til the Eva units come. Slowly but surely so I can build my 6in mecha Funko pop collection :D

Yeah Voltron made up for the Tigerzord. But I think there's a greater demand for Gundam to be done correctly.
I totally forgot about the pilots #-o They would all need their own pop. Zechs would need one too.

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:12 am

hailmary25 wrote:
cptsailor wrote:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO why does it have to be the last episode I NEED MORE. But yes those would be my requests for a wave 1

I have to watch the end on lunch today! I got caught up in a nap and Toy Story 4 yesterday!
Hi, I'm Dillon!

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:28 am

JoeJoe88 wrote:Any Black Clover fans? I just recently started watching this, and I'd love to see Pops for it!

Good show. The main character's screaming got to me in the first episodes but he gets better after time. I haven't caught up completely but the character designs are creative and artist and I'd add them to my collection.
Hi, I’m Steph.

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:32 am

I know we just got a Fairy Tail line and I'm sorry to be super greedy but can we please get more?! There are so many cool characters missing from the line up for and the variants of the main characters in the final season are extremely cool. My husband and I both say "they should make a pop of that" while watching every episode of the final season. I can't believe the show is ending and we don't have nearly enough pops of it. I wish they sold as well as MHA or DBZ cause I'd take 100.
Hi, I’m Steph.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:35 am

TheStephil wrote:I know we just got a Fairy Tail line and I'm sorry to be super greedy but can we please get more?! There are so many cool characters missing from the line up for and the variants of the main characters in the final season are extremely cool. My husband and I both say "they should make a pop of that" while watching every episode of the final season. I can't believe the show is ending and we don't have nearly enough pops of it. I wish they sold as well as MHA or DBZ cause I'd take 100.

I think Funko hit on the biggest characters that would sell already but yes there are variants and other characters that would be awesome to have.

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:58 am

hailmary25 wrote:
TheStephil wrote:I know we just got a Fairy Tail line and I'm sorry to be super greedy but can we please get more?! There are so many cool characters missing from the line up for and the variants of the main characters in the final season are extremely cool. My husband and I both say "they should make a pop of that" while watching every episode of the final season. I can't believe the show is ending and we don't have nearly enough pops of it. I wish they sold as well as MHA or DBZ cause I'd take 100.

I think Funko hit on the biggest characters that would sell already but yes there are variants and other characters that would be awesome to have.

Yeah, they definitely hit the popular characters and I have 3 variants of Happy. I shouldn't complain. I just want to see all the character. Lucy with all her Celestial Spirits would make a good display opportunity.
Hi, I’m Steph.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:21 am

TheStephil wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:

Yeah, they definitely hit the popular characters and I have 3 variants of Happy. I shouldn't complain. I just want to see all the character. Lucy with all her Celestial Spirits would make a good display opportunity.

For me it would more Ezra she has so many awesome Armour variations they could keep putting out pops for a long time lol

MarvelPopFan75

Postby MarvelPopFan75 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:34 am

As we are getting an Asuka pop for SDCC I would really like to see a whole line of Neon Genesis Evangelion.
Hello, my name is Kevin Rutan

Image Image Image Image Image

SazukiSenpai

Postby SazukiSenpai » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:15 am

JoeJoe88 wrote:Any Black Clover fans? I just recently started watching this, and I'd love to see Pops for it!

:cheers:
Twitch.tv/SazukiSenpai

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:01 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:

For me it would more Ezra she has so many awesome Armour variations they could keep putting out pops for a long time lol

Erza is my favorite. I even cosplayed her a few years ago. My first cosplay. There could be a lot of variants made of her and they'd all be vastly different.
Hi, I’m Steph.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:50 pm

TheStephil wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

Erza is my favorite. I even cosplayed her a few years ago. My first cosplay. There could be a lot of variants made of her and they'd all be vastly different.

If they could do the armor with all the swoards behind her that would just be AMAZING

Return to “Pop!”