What anime needs pops next?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
91shawny

Re: What anime needs pops next?

Postby 91shawny » Fri May 31, 2019 4:17 pm

GrabtharsHammer wrote:
91shawny wrote:
jadekitten wrote:
They would be so adorable <3 Yu Yu Hakusho just got their line, maybe Rurouni Kenshin isn't too far behind.

We need to keep this positive energy going, rurouni is one of those unforgettable samurai seasons and if they follow the Yuyu route then it should def be in line, have you seen the live action movies? Best anime adaptations to date, change. my. mind

I saw the first one and heard the next part is coming out next year! The first one is good so I'm excited to see the rest!

This anime series is one of my absolute favorites and I watch it as it was being released in Japan. Live adaption wise, GTO (series and movie), Gokusen (series), and Rurouni are my top favorite ones!

Great Teacher Onizuka and Inital D would make fantastic pops as well!!! I can only hope they do!!

So theres 3 currently out, and next year will be the next movie that will adapt the final arc so you have two movies to hold you over!
A funatic who is 1% more obsessed with anime than Funko.

| Pops: 1530 | Dorbz: 18 | IG: 91shawny

ImageImageImageImage

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Fri May 31, 2019 4:23 pm

PopPChulo wrote:

I had a feeling that would be the case. I can imagine it gets better as it goes along. Ive already recognized that the animation is improving as time goes on. Whats really crazy to me is how it has little to no filler in a time where animes were putting in 20-30 episodes of filler. Lol i also like the dub as well.. which for me like you said is a thing. I literally stopped watching black clover because the way the main characters voice sounds in the english dub. It was worse then luffy lol

Back then everything was straight to adaptation, most anime back then would wrap up after 50 to 60 episodes, but it was perfect because it was all material and no BS, the fact that Hakusho does that so well is another factor to what makes it so great. Can't wait to get kuwabara so I can get it signed by Chris Sabat

ImageImageImageImage

Shinfo13

Postby Shinfo13 » Fri May 31, 2019 11:14 pm

91shawny wrote:
Shinfo13 wrote:I've been busy with my recent wedding and some other stuff that I haven't been able to keep up on many current seasons airing, but Demon Slayer has me hooked. It's so good! We need some more Aot as well cuz Season 3 has been a blast after that lackluster season 2.

I hope you mean season 3 part 1 because season 2 was a while back but yes, this season (part 2) has been sooooo amazing, I'm so eager for next week's episode especially after last weeks (moment of silence)

Haha that short Season 2 was boring and then I just lost touch and binged Season 3 Part 1 a few days before Part 2 premiered a few weeks back. I really enjoyed the Kenny/Levi arc and the new episodes have been fantastic. That last episode was easily my favorite of the series just for the sheer beauty of the animation.
Current Pop count: 280
Current Dorbz Count: 16
Newest Pop: SSGSS Kamehameha Goku
Favorite Pop: SS2 Gohan
ISO: Not even sure anymore

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Fri May 31, 2019 11:33 pm

cptsailor wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
AnyGivenFunko wrote:Would like to see pops of Ninja Scroll, one of my favorite anime movie. Definitely would like Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke. Trigun, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Gundam, Robotech, Akira, Fist of the North Star, and Vampire Hunter D are few others I would like to see pops as well.

Any studio ghibli would be fantastic. I really hope they can get that license.

I think Disney distributes Studio Ghibli in the US. Wonder if they could get a tie in that way.

That’s a good point. Hopefully that can be their ticket in.
Hi, I’m Steph.

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Fri May 31, 2019 11:34 pm

Shinfo13 wrote:
91shawny wrote:
Shinfo13 wrote:I've been busy with my recent wedding and some other stuff that I haven't been able to keep up on many current seasons airing, but Demon Slayer has me hooked. It's so good! We need some more Aot as well cuz Season 3 has been a blast after that lackluster season 2.

I hope you mean season 3 part 1 because season 2 was a while back but yes, this season (part 2) has been sooooo amazing, I'm so eager for next week's episode especially after last weeks (moment of silence)

Haha that short Season 2 was boring and then I just lost touch and binged Season 3 Part 1 a few days before Part 2 premiered a few weeks back. I really enjoyed the Kenny/Levi arc and the new episodes have been fantastic. That last episode was easily my favorite of the series just for the sheer beauty of the animation.

This gives me hope. I dropped off watching because season 2 got really dry. I will pick it back up and give it another try.
Hi, I’m Steph.

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Fri May 31, 2019 11:35 pm

Shinfo13 wrote:
91shawny wrote:

This gives me hope. I dropped off watching because season 2 got really dry. I will pick it back up and give it another try.
Hi, I’m Steph.

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Fri May 31, 2019 11:36 pm

SchoolBoyQ wrote:Personally waiting to see the HxH glams

Did they announce a HxH line?! [-o< :bounce:
Hi, I’m Steph.

The1one1

Postby The1one1 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:55 am

Akira and Ninja Scroll would be epic. Like epic, epic.
Aloha! Call me Cliffy!
IG: The1one1

ImageImageImage ImageImage

Shinfo13

Postby Shinfo13 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:37 pm

TheStephil wrote:

That was my problem too. Season 2 was so lackluster that when 3 premiered I didn't really care. Kinda felt like the show couldn't recapture the greatness of season 1, but luckily it did.
Current Pop count: 280
Current Dorbz Count: 16
Newest Pop: SSGSS Kamehameha Goku
Favorite Pop: SS2 Gohan
ISO: Not even sure anymore

ImranC23

Postby ImranC23 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:08 pm

I’m not a huge anime fan by any means but I would love to see Air Gear get Pops. I love Oh Great!
ImageImage

Funatic of the Week: March 8th 2019
Instagram:shelfofimran
ISO:Black Cat Prototype, Freddy Funko Boba Fett, Freddy Funko as Venom

FunkoRAMA

Postby FunkoRAMA » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:11 pm

Just finished Assassination Classroom and I'd love a Koro-Sensei Pop of any sort

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:33 pm

91shawny wrote:
Yu-yu is one of those underrated greatest animes of all times, the fights don't drag on, the action is always there, the story is so clear and concise all the way through, and the final season is the biggest twist in terms of the big baddies, AND it's one of the those few animes that sound good both dubbed and subbed, enjoy it man, when you finish you will feel empty I promise, and make sure to watch the OVAs that got released this year for it.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Yuyu is popular yes but it is underrated and I have to say if it wasn't as successful as it was I do not think we would have some of the animes we have today.
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:33 pm

What about Sinbad on Netflix? Great show so far. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

Funko_boy13

Postby Funko_boy13 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:03 pm

I would like to see Akira pops

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:24 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
91shawny wrote:
Yu-yu is one of those underrated greatest animes of all times, the fights don't drag on, the action is always there, the story is so clear and concise all the way through, and the final season is the biggest twist in terms of the big baddies, AND it's one of the those few animes that sound good both dubbed and subbed, enjoy it man, when you finish you will feel empty I promise, and make sure to watch the OVAs that got released this year for it.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Yuyu is popular yes but it is underrated and I have to say if it wasn't as successful as it was I do not think we would have some of the animes we have today.

I can’t believe I still haven’t sat down and watch Yu Yu. I need to get that started once I finished DBZ.
Hi, I’m Steph.

Kaosu

Postby Kaosu » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:27 pm

TheStephil wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
91shawny wrote:

I can’t believe I still haven’t sat down and watch Yu Yu. I need to get that started once I finished DBZ.

You will love it, i recently just rewatched it.
Hello!! My name is Jonathan
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

digithor

Postby digithor » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:34 am

Theshowman619 wrote:Robotech

Would be interesting to see these as pops.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:34 am

I normally skip the intro and ending song but I have to say I watch Shield Hero intro every time. Almost has good as the MHA intro (beginning of season 3 I think was the hype one)
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:56 am

Kaosu wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:

In the words of Thanos, Yu-yu is a "perfectly balanced " anime that even when it ends, you'll be upset but at the same time happy that it ended in a way thats satisfying

ImageImageImageImage

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:57 am

TheStephil wrote:

they didn't necessarily announce the line but they announced a partnership where some anime would get pops and HxH was one of em.

ImageImageImageImage

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:32 am

91shawny wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

they didn't necessarily announce the line but they announced a partnership where some anime would get pops and HxH was one of em.

Step in the right direction. That's great news.
Hi, I’m Steph.

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:33 am

91shawny wrote:
Kaosu wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

In the words of Thanos, Yu-yu is a "perfectly balanced " anime that even when it ends, you'll be upset but at the same time happy that it ended in a way thats satisfying

You guys have convinced me. It's next in line.
I love the look of the pops and it's one of my husband's favorites.
Hi, I’m Steph.

nyraza

Postby nyraza » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:37 am

Waiting for Yuyu Hakusho. But need Rurouni Kenshin and Seven Deadly Sins to release. Must haves

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:15 am

TheStephil wrote:
Shinfo13 wrote:
91shawny wrote:

Season 3 is strong, but season 4 and potentially 5, depending how fast and long the seasons are, will be more of 2. The manga takes a political route with action sprinkled in. I love it, but I know it is not for everyone.
Hi, I'm Dillon!

IG: cptsailor

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:17 am

91shawny wrote:
Kaosu wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

Truer words have never been spoken of Yu-Yu X)
I might rewatch it eventually... alright I'll be realistic, it is probably never going to happen with the amount of anime that is releasing and other shows I have to sit down and watch.
Hi, I'm Dillon!

Thepopninja

Postby Thepopninja » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:06 pm

They need a My Hero Academia Villains Wave and Mineta
\:D/ from the shadow realm.... enters ThePopNinja

Typale

Postby Typale » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:47 pm

cptsailor wrote:
91shawny wrote:
Kaosu wrote:You will love it, i recently just rewatched it.

Truer words have never been spoken of Yu-Yu X)
I might rewatch it eventually... alright I'll be realistic, it is probably never going to happen with the amount of anime that is releasing and other shows I have to sit down and watch.

Yu Yu Is so good! Can’t wait for more pops!
As Brian Mariotti once said.... Go boxless, it’s more fun!

Image Image

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:31 am

cptsailor wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
AnyGivenFunko wrote:Would like to see pops of Ninja Scroll, one of my favorite anime movie. Definitely would like Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke. Trigun, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Gundam, Robotech, Akira, Fist of the North Star, and Vampire Hunter D are few others I would like to see pops as well.

I think Disney distributes Studio Ghibli in the US. Wonder if they could get a tie in that way.

Funko works with disney quite often. I dont see what the road block could possibly be unless miyazaki isnt approving somewhere in the pipeline. We definitely need some of these studio ghibli lines to surface though so i can 100 percent the set.
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:52 am

PopPChulo wrote:
cptsailor wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

Funko works with disney quite often. I dont see what the road block could possibly be unless miyazaki isnt approving somewhere in the pipeline. We definitely need some of these studio ghibli lines to surface though so i can 100 percent the set.

It is hard to say. If it is like most larger sized Japanese media company, they probably want to handle most merchandising on their own. Kind of like Nintendo, Ghibli has their own stores in Japan and even a museum where they pump out product. A guy can hope it'll happen eventually.
Hi, I'm Dillon!

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:54 am

cptsailor wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
cptsailor wrote:

It is hard to say. If it is like most larger sized Japanese media company, they probably want to handle most merchandising on their own. Kind of like Nintendo, Ghibli has their own stores in Japan and even a museum where they pump out product. A guy can hope it'll happen eventually.

Agreed, they have a lot of their own merchandise and may not want other hands in the pot (so to speak). Hopefully Funko keeps trying and it happens one day.
Hi, I’m Steph.

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:59 am

cptsailor wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
cptsailor wrote:

Yeah that makes sense absolutely. I know they have a museum as well but even then. Im sure they could work out a deal with Funko. There has to be a single catalyst that is stopping it from happening.
PopPChulo

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:18 pm

nyraza wrote:Waiting for Yuyu Hakusho. But need Rurouni Kenshin and Seven Deadly Sins to release. Must haves

The fact that funko frequently deals with netflix properties maked me want seven deadly sins even more.
PopPChulo

funkopants777

Postby funkopants777 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:36 pm

91shawny wrote:
funkopants777 wrote:
91shawny wrote:
I think what good about shield hero instead of other animes in its genre is that it's literally a hero to negative zero story and you can actually sympathize with the MC and his struggles. Best believe, shield hero is not one of those animes where the MC is respected because they are a hero or the MC, quite the opposite.

Ouuuu I’m so glad you said that! Although I like demon slayer it really felt like he was made just so “likeable” from the beginning? I do wanna see the mc going through the struggles/hardship instead of being handed or just op from the start. Ok gonna try to rewatch again!

Oh trust me, he gets a whole crapload of hardships, that first hour episode is like high and mighty to low and pitiful by the end of it.

Ok!!! Ok. Ok ok ok lol
I have tried it once more :) =D>

Too many things to say!! Currently on like ep 10ish. My opinion has def change :-k I do joke that it reminds me of soa haha

Pretty messed up at the beginning and how people see him :( to me, he seems to lack emotion now but I think it’s for the plot haha. He be making that bread though \:D/

Mc really seems to accept the fact of going back to his world after all this which i find interesting. :-k
Can’t wait to catch up! I want a pop of filo!!!

* and that new demon slayer last Saturday :devil: :devil:
Fight was pretty cool
ImageImageImage

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:38 pm

Toys R Us Kid wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:Duuuude I'm sold on Demon Slayer. It's not a matter of if, but when. I know Funko will get to this eventually.
If you guys haven't watched it you should. Beautiful animation. Dark story, but great unique characters they can create.

I’ll add to my watchlist. I’m intrigued and love dark stories. Thanks for the suggestion

No problem. After watching, let me know what you think!

I’m caught up on Demon Slayer and you all were right. It catches you from the first episode and each episode is interesting. Love the characters and can’t wait to see where the story goes.
I love Nezuko, she’s really cute but totally BA. she’s make a cute pop with her “muzzle”.
Hi, I’m Steph.

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:56 am

TheStephil wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
I’ll add to my watchlist. I’m intrigued and love dark stories. Thanks for the suggestion

I’m caught up on Demon Slayer and you all were right. It catches you from the first episode and each episode is interesting. Love the characters and can’t wait to see where the story goes.
I love Nezuko, she’s really cute but totally BA. she’s make a cute pop with her “muzzle”.

Yeah! I don't remember his name, but I love the wimpy yellow guy. Yellow is my favorite color :P
She would definitely make a cute pop! Although, I always think to myself, "that bamboo must be really strong" lol
Jorge, here! Instagram: toys.r.us.kid
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023 | "Making Fun" Hollywood Premier | Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Fright Night II 2022 | Mask - O - Raid 2022 | FDO9 Sacramento | Funkon I & II

twirdman

Postby twirdman » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:51 am

It's been mentioned and I definitely agree that we need some 7 Deadly sins pops. I want an Escanor. Ideally I want a 10 inch the one Escanor.

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:55 am

Toys R Us Kid wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:

Yeah! I don't remember his name, but I love the wimpy yellow guy. Yellow is my favorite color :P
She would definitely make a cute pop! Although, I always think to myself, "that bamboo must be really strong" lol

I think it's Zenitsu Agatsuma. I had to look it up. I love that he got a Sparrow instead of a Crow.
I agree, toughest bamboo I've ever seen. What is stopping her from untying it herself, she has free hands? Self control?
Hi, I’m Steph.

Pogiboy67

Postby Pogiboy67 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:00 am

that new series demon slayer would have some nice looking pops. KIMETSU NO YAIBA
:freddy2: POGIBOY67

ImageImageImage

SchoolBoyQ

Postby SchoolBoyQ » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:04 am

More Attack on Titan please
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

LakerNation1216

Re: Which anime line would you like to see?

Postby LakerNation1216 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:17 am

Evangelion!
Current POP/Dorbz/Misc. Funko Count:
~1,711

Updated 4-11-22

Lakers Basketball
Rams Football
:freddy3:

Return to “Pop!”