What anime needs pops next?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
x56735x

Re: What anime needs pops next?

Postby x56735x » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:42 am

I really liked the ending of Shield Hero. Hoping that they make a season 2 even though the LN and Manga havent gotten past where it is now. Need moar!

cptsailor wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
cptsailor wrote:
NOW OR NEVER! Last episode of the season airs today! A good start would be Naofumi, Ralphtalia, and Filo (Fiolial form and human form)!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO why does it have to be the last episode I NEED MORE. But yes those would be my requests for a wave 1

I have to watch the end on lunch today! I got caught up in a nap and Toy Story 4 yesterday!
ImageImage

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:40 am

x56735x wrote:I really liked the ending of Shield Hero. Hoping that they make a season 2 even though the LN and Manga havent gotten past where it is now. Need moar!

I think the show might kick the author into gear!
Hi, I'm Dillon!

IG: cptsailor

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:47 am

TheStephil wrote:
JoeJoe88 wrote:Any Black Clover fans? I just recently started watching this, and I'd love to see Pops for it!

Good show. The main character's screaming got to me in the first episodes but he gets better after time. I haven't caught up completely but the character designs are creative and artist and I'd add them to my collection.

I love love love it. The pacing is not too slow but not too fast. The further you get into the anime the less Asta screams, currently he's matured alot and has vastly improved with his "lack" of magic to the point where some of the royals respect him. But BOYYYY some of the fights you will see on the way up, just wait just wait, you'll have a different respect for Yami when you see him in action
A funatic who is 1% more obsessed with anime than Funko.

| Pops: 1530 | Dorbz: 18 | IG: 91shawny

ImageImageImageImage

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:50 am

MarvelPopFan75 wrote:As we are getting an Asuka pop for SDCC I would really like to see a whole line of Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Not sure if anyone realized but EVA the original anime, the death and rebirth movie, and end of evangelion are all on netflix.

I promise you once you watch all three you will want that Asuka pop, but you'll have to heal from the psychological endeavors first

ImageImageImageImage

Shoriyuken

Re: Which anime line would you like to see?

Postby Shoriyuken » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:31 pm

popmad2016 wrote:Neon Genesis Evangelion

After all these years, we'll finally get one! Lol.
IG: chasingvynl
Hello my name is Ken!
Pop Count: Too much
Main Line: GOT, WD, Disney, Simpsons, DBZ/DBS, Anime, Naruto
SDCC 17, SDCC 18, SDCC 19, ECCC 18, CRX 19, SDCC 22
ISO: Anime protos

Image Image

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:52 pm

91shawny wrote:
MarvelPopFan75 wrote:As we are getting an Asuka pop for SDCC I would really like to see a whole line of Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Not sure if anyone realized but EVA the original anime, the death and rebirth movie, and end of evangelion are all on netflix.

I promise you once you watch all three you will want that Asuka pop, but you'll have to heal from the psychological endeavors first

It is inevitable that you will feel depressed at some point. The tones will psychologically get to you, so only watch if you know you can currently handle it.

The new dub is decent and will be great for anyone who has not seen the series previously. Disregard people telling you to skip the last episodes. Just watch the series and then the End of Eva movie. It is a hell of a ride!
Hi, I'm Dillon!

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:07 pm

cptsailor wrote:
91shawny wrote:

It is inevitable that you will feel depressed at some point. The tones will psychologically get to you, so only watch if you know you can currently handle it.

The new dub is decent and will be great for anyone who has not seen the series previously. Disregard people telling you to skip the last episodes. Just watch the series and then the End of Eva movie. It is a hell of a ride!

Yup, I'm still watching youtube explanations to process all of it, but it was soooo good and I agree, watch the series first and then watch end of evangelion immediately after. I think the movie definitely helps to break down what was occurring in the series ending and yes the movie is canon.

ImageImageImageImage

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:42 pm

91shawny wrote:
cptsailor wrote:
91shawny wrote:

Yup, I'm still watching youtube explanations to process all of it, but it was soooo good and I agree, watch the series first and then watch end of evangelion immediately after. I think the movie definitely helps to break down what was occurring in the series ending and yes the movie is canon.

Exactly. I watched this back in 2005 and have still been trying to grasp everything. The newer movies are also worth watching since they change quite a bit from the original, plus it is CLEAN coloring and visuals.
Hi, I'm Dillon!

anime23

Postby anime23 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:43 pm

Ranma 1/2 both forms
Would you believe I just found the signature block? My name is Kimberly check out my foodagram @imonehungrynerd or nerdy stuff @thenerdelement

Image Image

kuroneko44

Postby kuroneko44 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:06 pm

Spirited Away
Kill la kill
megalobox
Trigun
Would buy them all <3
SDCC 2005-2019

FireFist

Postby FireFist » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:26 pm

Eyeshield 21 and Hitman Reborn
    Image Image
Iso:One Piece and Yugioh Protos
Instagram:@stardust.singh

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:45 pm

x56735x wrote:I really liked the ending of Shield Hero. Hoping that they make a season 2 even though the LN and Manga havent gotten past where it is now. Need moar!

cptsailor wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO why does it have to be the last episode I NEED MORE. But yes those would be my requests for a wave 1

I have to watch the end on lunch today! I got caught up in a nap and Toy Story 4 yesterday!

Started the manga to fill the void. Hope they do not take too long.

ALSO WE NEED POPS NOW!
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

kidstylez

Postby kidstylez » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:02 am

We need another Mikasa from AOT!
:freddy2:

ISO:
Mono Conan
Jessica Rabbit

kidstylez

Postby kidstylez » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:03 am

We need another Mikasa from AOT!
:freddy2:

ISO:
Mono Conan
Jessica Rabbit

ariana grande

Postby ariana grande » Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:21 am

I need Idolish7!

SchoolBoyQ

Postby SchoolBoyQ » Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:27 am

AoT season just ended. I wouldn't mind another Mikasa with her last name spelled right this time
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:48 am

cptsailor wrote:
91shawny wrote:
cptsailor wrote:

Exactly. I watched this back in 2005 and have still been trying to grasp everything. The newer movies are also worth watching since they change quite a bit from the original, plus it is CLEAN coloring and visuals.

Yea I'm working my way up to the current ones,the deeper message becomes more clear the more videos I watch, so going into the new ones I'm going to have an different outlook. Nevertheless bring me the 6 in evas, just not the bird looking ones from end of eva ](*,) ](*,)

ImageImageImageImage

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:52 am

SchoolBoyQ wrote:AoT season just ended. I wouldn't mind another Mikasa with her last name spelled right this time

Did you see that season 4 is confirmed for fall 2020 and will be the final season?

ImageImageImageImage

Shoriyuken

Postby Shoriyuken » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:58 am

As an anime fan, I would enjoy any type of anime pops that night come out. I'm still here waiting for more Naruto pops lol. I'm tired of different variants of kurama, Naruto, or Sasuke. Come on Funko!
IG: chasingvynl
Hello my name is Ken!
Pop Count: Too much
Main Line: GOT, WD, Disney, Simpsons, DBZ/DBS, Anime, Naruto
SDCC 17, SDCC 18, SDCC 19, ECCC 18, CRX 19, SDCC 22
ISO: Anime protos

Image Image

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:46 am

91shawny wrote:
cptsailor wrote:
91shawny wrote:

Yea I'm working my way up to the current ones,the deeper message becomes more clear the more videos I watch, so going into the new ones I'm going to have an different outlook. Nevertheless bring me the 6 in evas, just not the bird looking ones from end of eva ](*,) ](*,)

Those would be pure nightmare fuel! Just like the screaming during Kumm Susser, Tod :happy8:
Hi, I'm Dillon!

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:47 am

91shawny wrote:
SchoolBoyQ wrote:AoT season just ended. I wouldn't mind another Mikasa with her last name spelled right this time

Did you see that season 4 is confirmed for fall 2020 and will be the final season?

I figured there would be a season 5! I was surprised to see 4 would be the last. I'm guessing they will brush over the next arch fairly quick.
Hi, I'm Dillon!

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:26 am

cptsailor wrote:
91shawny wrote:

I figured there would be a season 5! I was surprised to see 4 would be the last. I'm guessing they will brush over the next arch fairly quick.

It seems to be the case lately with the anime ending early while the manga keeps going or even ends differently between the two

Typale

Postby Typale » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:38 am

They need Black Clover too!!
As Brian Mariotti once said.... Go boxless, it’s more fun!

Image Image

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:05 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
cptsailor wrote:
91shawny wrote:

It seems to be the case lately with the anime ending early while the manga keeps going or even ends differently between the two

I mean fall 2020 for anime starts in october so I would thats enough time to wrap up the manga

ImageImageImageImage

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:09 pm

91shawny wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
cptsailor wrote:

I mean fall 2020 for anime starts in october so I would thats enough time to wrap up the manga

For sure, Isayama said he is on the last arc for manga. Probably only 8-10 more chapters.
Hi, I'm Dillon!

valorandvellum
Rookie of The Year & Spirit

Postby valorandvellum » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:43 pm

cptsailor wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:

I think there absolutely will be a season 2. It is one of the most talked about anime series at the moment, and CRX is flying out cast and crew from Japan. So there will be big presence for that and Slime at both AX and CRX. Now would be a really great time for Funko to strike with these Pops!
Creator of Soonay & Toratai • 2024 Shows: ECCC (H-12), WonderCon (F-26), C2E2 (U-12), AX (B3), SDCC (Booth #4721)

SazukiSenpai

Postby SazukiSenpai » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:44 pm

91shawny wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
JoeJoe88 wrote:Any Black Clover fans? I just recently started watching this, and I'd love to see Pops for it!

Good show. The main character's screaming got to me in the first episodes but he gets better after time. I haven't caught up completely but the character designs are creative and artist and I'd add them to my collection.

I love love love it. The pacing is not too slow but not too fast. The further you get into the anime the less Asta screams, currently he's matured alot and has vastly improved with his "lack" of magic to the point where some of the royals respect him. But BOYYYY some of the fights you will see on the way up, just wait just wait, you'll have a different respect for Yami when you see him in action

I respected that man the second he gambled on Asta xD
Current Pop count: 801
Favorite Pop: Smooth Criminal Michael Jackson
ISO: Anime Protos
Twitch.tv/SazukiSenpai

Bushmaster51

Postby Bushmaster51 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:21 pm

cptsailor wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:

Its a pretty good show. Hopefully it will get some love.

ariana grande

Postby ariana grande » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:20 am

They better make a whole line of Detective Conan. The show has been running for more than 2 decades now!

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:42 am

SazukiSenpai wrote:
91shawny wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

I respected that man the second he gambled on Asta xD

Yeah you realize the further you get into manga or series the guy is smart and knows what he is doing and he isn't just a brawny meathead.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:15 pm

I think this will be the first time I have ever said this but I feel the Anime for Shield hero is better than the Manga. Usually to me the Manga is better and goes into more detail about stories but with shield hero it is the opposite. I am glad I watched the anime first. Still in for any pops Funko lol.

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:25 pm

hailmary25 wrote:I think this will be the first time I have ever said this but I feel the Anime for Shield hero is better than the Manga. Usually to me the Manga is better and goes into more detail about stories but with shield hero it is the opposite. I am glad I watched the anime first. Still in for any pops Funko lol.

I’m about half way through the series and it’s really good. Can’t wait to finish it up.
Hi, I’m Steph.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:44 pm

TheStephil wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:I think this will be the first time I have ever said this but I feel the Anime for Shield hero is better than the Manga. Usually to me the Manga is better and goes into more detail about stories but with shield hero it is the opposite. I am glad I watched the anime first. Still in for any pops Funko lol.

I’m about half way through the series and it’s really good. Can’t wait to finish it up.

I haven't been able to watch final episode becuase VRV keeps telling me I need a premium membership even though I am logged in.

CoachJDDesigns

Postby CoachJDDesigns » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:57 pm

No Game, No Life would be a cool to see. I never heard of this anime until I did a commission piece for one of the characters. Its really cool and the colors are so amazing! Fun to draw too

CoachJDDesigns

Postby CoachJDDesigns » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:59 pm

91shawny wrote:

Watched this anime years ago, loved it, but it didn't affect me in a way like it did after the Netflix rewatch. Hits much harder as an adult, real hard.

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:17 am

CoachJDDesigns wrote:
91shawny wrote:

Watched this anime years ago, loved it, but it didn't affect me in a way like it did after the Netflix rewatch. Hits much harder as an adult, real hard.

I feel like alot of anime hits harder as an adult because we see it for its core values and how it speaks to us in a different area of our lives, but EVA does it 10x harder, I don't know how they said it was made for kids because as an adult, that psychological shock is so in depth that a child wouldn't have comprehended it

ImageImageImageImage

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:46 am

91shawny wrote:
CoachJDDesigns wrote:
91shawny wrote:

I feel like alot of anime hits harder as an adult because we see it for its core values and how it speaks to us in a different area of our lives, but EVA does it 10x harder, I don't know how they said it was made for kids because as an adult, that psychological shock is so in depth that a child wouldn't have comprehended it

I need to watch this already sheesh

valorandvellum

Postby valorandvellum » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:46 am

hailmary25 wrote:I haven't been able to watch final episode becuase VRV keeps telling me I need a premium membership even though I am logged in.

Let me know if you need a Crunchyroll guest pass.
Creator of Soonay & Toratai • 2024 Shows: ECCC (H-12), WonderCon (F-26), C2E2 (U-12), AX (B3), SDCC (Booth #4721)

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:51 am

You guys are motivating me to watch shield hero. Its next on my list. Im still plowing through Yu Yu Hakasho but ill revisit soon as i conquer it.
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

FunkoLoco

Postby FunkoLoco » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:21 pm

Ranma please! So much more anime that need to be done. <3
ImageImage

Return to “Pop!”