What anime needs pops next?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
FireFist

Re: Pops based on OG animes...

Postby FireFist » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:31 pm

Knights of the zodiac would be a cool one,another one I want to see is Intial D or Slayer.
    Image Image
Iso:One Piece and Yugioh Protos
Instagram:@stardust.singh

Toys R Us Kid

Re: What anime needs pops next?

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:00 am

TheStephil wrote:
91shawny wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Which goes back to the strongest bamboo. If a hungry demon is salivating, she’s going to bite down and normal bamboo would last literally two seconds.
So excited for the rest of this season. What day of the week does it air?

Saturdays for the most part. They explain more about Netsuko as you get caught up and she gets more action the closer you get.

Fantastic news. \:D/ Thanks for the update :)

Oh, sweet! Do you read the manga, 91shawny? I'm tempted to.
Jorge, here! Instagram: toys.r.us.kid
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023 | "Making Fun" Hollywood Premier | Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Fright Night II 2022 | Mask - O - Raid 2022 | FDO9 Sacramento | Funkon I & II

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:03 am

If anyone shops at Uniqlo, they have a bunch of anime tee's in store right now. I got excited about the My Hero, Naruto, and other's that I'm familiar with.

But then I got curious, what are these other's I've never heard of and there has to be a reason they deserve their own shirt. So I'm currently watching Haikyu! AND i'm hooked.

Point of the story, I need Haikyu pops in my life @____@ I'll make a little mini Volleyball net and set the pops on each appropriate side.
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023 | "Making Fun" Hollywood Premier | Funko Hollywood Grand Opening

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:30 am

Toys R Us Kid wrote:If anyone shops at Uniqlo, they have a bunch of anime tee's in store right now. I got excited about the My Hero, Naruto, and other's that I'm familiar with.

But then I got curious, what are these other's I've never heard of and there has to be a reason they deserve their own shirt. So I'm currently watching Haikyu! AND i'm hooked.

Point of the story, I need Haikyu pops in my life @____@ I'll make a little mini Volleyball net and set the pops on each appropriate side.

That’s a good way to find new anime. Never thought of trying something like that.
I’ll add Haikyu to my never ending list. Luckily I have my anime list to keep me organized.
Hi, I’m Steph.

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:26 am

TheStephil wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:If anyone shops at Uniqlo, they have a bunch of anime tee's in store right now. I got excited about the My Hero, Naruto, and other's that I'm familiar with.

That’s a good way to find new anime. Never thought of trying something like that.
I’ll add Haikyu to my never ending list. Luckily I have my anime list to keep me organized.

Yeah, same! I was never a volleyball person, so I didn't think I'd like it but gave it a shot anyway and boom, hooked. I hope you enjoy it! Whenever you get to it on the list, haha.

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:32 am

Toys R Us Kid wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

Yeah, same! I was never a volleyball person, so I didn't think I'd like it but gave it a shot anyway and boom, hooked. I hope you enjoy it! Whenever you get to it on the list, haha.

It’s slow moving! I’m watching a few different things right now so progress is being made.
Watching DBZ solo dubbed.
Watching Naruto with husband dubbed.
Finishing the last season of Fairytail with husband.
Watching One Punch Man and Demon Slayer weekly as it airs with hubs

Started Shield Hero yesterday and watched two episodes. Like it but stopped to watch with husband or maybe wait until we can binge it. I get flustered when I watch too many animes on a weekly basis.
Hi, I’m Steph.

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:52 am

Toys R Us Kid wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

It’s slow moving! I’m watching a few different things right now so progress is being made.
Watching DBZ solo dubbed.
Watching Naruto with husband dubbed.
Finishing the last season of Fairytail with husband.
Watching One Punch Man and Demon Slayer weekly as it airs with hubs

Started Shield Hero yesterday and watched two episodes. Like it but stopped to watch with husband or maybe wait until we can binge it. I get flustered when I watch too many animes on a weekly basis.
Hi, I’m Steph.

91shawny

Re: Which anime line would you like to see?

Postby 91shawny » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:25 am

TheStephil wrote:
cptsailor wrote:Hot Topic has an Anime Mystery Box coming this year again. Guesses?!

i am guessing they will throw in a MHA month and a DBZ month. They have to, they are popular and good money makers. Other than that, I hope they do some boxes on animes that have pops already but a smaller number. I.E. One Piece, Bleach, Naruto, Sword Art Online, etc. The popular ones that have a few but are overall overlooked by Funko for whatever reason.

Well also remember, the last time hot topic did an anime box, it was not mha or dbz, but the ancient magius bride, and back then mha and dbz were both popular so it could also be a lower end anime as well. But if it lands in october, then I see it being a MHA box as all the pops release then as well as season 3.
A funatic who is 1% more obsessed with anime than Funko.

| Pops: 1530 | Dorbz: 18 | IG: 91shawny

ImageImageImageImage

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:57 am

Toys R Us Kid wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
91shawny wrote:
Saturdays for the most part. They explain more about Netsuko as you get caught up and she gets more action the closer you get.

I try to read no mangas whatsoever. I think the only one I tempted to read will be Attack on Titan since wit studio is teasing that this is the last season they will animate and if the anime ends, I have no choice lol

ImageImageImageImage

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:52 am

91shawny wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
cptsailor wrote:Hot Topic has an Anime Mystery Box coming this year again. Guesses?!

i am guessing they will throw in a MHA month and a DBZ month. They have to, they are popular and good money makers. Other than that, I hope they do some boxes on animes that have pops already but a smaller number. I.E. One Piece, Bleach, Naruto, Sword Art Online, etc. The popular ones that have a few but are overall overlooked by Funko for whatever reason.

Well also remember, the last time hot topic did an anime box, it was not mha or dbz, but the ancient magius bride, and back then mha and dbz were both popular so it could also be a lower end anime as well. But if it lands in october, then I see it being a MHA box as all the pops release then as well as season 3.

I'm really leaning toward it being something not mainstream shonen. The October release checks out based on the evidence you provided earlier, itd be cool if then do release it in unison with the premier and do The Big 3 with the chance of each member in the box. That's pushing it, but thatd be killer.
Hi, I'm Dillon!

IG: cptsailor

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:52 am

91shawny wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

I'm really leaning toward it being something not mainstream shonen. The October release checks out based on the evidence you provided earlier, itd be cool if then do release it in unison with the premier and do The Big 3 with the chance of each member in the box. That's pushing it, but thatd be killer.
Hi, I'm Dillon!

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:13 am

cptsailor wrote:
91shawny wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

That would be an amazing idea to be honest,genius even lol

ImageImageImageImage

AJLeegion

Postby AJLeegion » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:42 pm

Ultimate Muscle, wave 1 could be.

Kid Muscle
Meat
Terry Kenyon
Wally Tusket
Dik Dik Van Dik
Kevin Mask

Mags

Postby Mags » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:33 pm

Promised Neverland, anyone?

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:56 pm

91shawny wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

I try to read no mangas whatsoever. I think the only one I tempted to read will be Attack on Titan since wit studio is teasing that this is the last season they will animate and if the anime ends, I have no choice lol

I usually like to wait for the anime but sometimes it's so hard lol
My Hero making us wait is killing me. I just bought the most recent two books today #-o
I really really really hope they keep going with Attack on Titan. I wonder why they would stop such a masterpiece.

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:59 am

Mags wrote:Promised Neverland, anyone?

I've listened to the opening song like 100 times on spotify but I'm ashamed to say I have not watched it yet.

ImageImageImageImage

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:23 pm

Toys R Us Kid wrote:
91shawny wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:

My Hero making us wait is killing me. I just bought the most recent two books today #-o
I really really really hope they keep going with Attack on Titan. I wonder why they would stop such a masterpiece.

I've considered buying the MHA manga. I don't want to wait until October for more anime.
Hi, I’m Steph.

SoulSnipers53

Postby SoulSnipers53 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:22 pm

Im guessing it'll either be DBZ, MHA, or a box like the Crunchyroll box where it had different animes in it. I really want a Naruto 20th Anniversary box since they're gonna start doing the celebrations for it during the fall of this year throughout 2020 so the timing would match up well.
Checkmate.

Mags

Postby Mags » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:11 pm

91shawny wrote:

I've listened to the opening song like 100 times on spotify but I'm ashamed to say I have not watched it yet.

You should! It's a really good series with a fantastic premise and I've been sucked into the plot and story haha

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:14 pm

Mags wrote:
91shawny wrote:

You should! It's a really good series with a fantastic premise and I've been sucked into the plot and story haha

Guess I’ll add this one to my list too.
Hi, I’m Steph.

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:01 am

TheStephil wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:
91shawny wrote:

I've considered buying the MHA manga. I don't want to wait until October for more anime.

The manga is so good right now. I can’t wait for the show to catch up @___@

SazukiSenpai

Postby SazukiSenpai » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:03 am

SoulSnipers53 wrote:

Im guessing it'll either be DBZ, MHA, or a box like the Crunchyroll box where it had different animes in it. I really want a Naruto 20th Anniversary box since they're gonna start doing the celebrations for it during the fall of this year throughout 2020 so the timing would match up well.

I'm kinda hoping for something no one expects, like fruits basket or Highschool DxD.
Current Pop count: 801
Favorite Pop: Smooth Criminal Michael Jackson
ISO: Anime Protos
Twitch.tv/SazukiSenpai

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:29 am

You know what's up! They could easily to Ray, Emma and Norman!
Hi, I'm Dillon!

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:31 am

TheStephil wrote:
Mags wrote:
91shawny wrote:

It should be a pretty decent length series if the Manga keeps going. They have enough material for another two seasons already. Perfect time to start it!
Hi, I'm Dillon!

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:55 am

cptsailor wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Mags wrote:You should! It's a really good series with a fantastic premise and I've been sucked into the plot and story haha

It should be a pretty decent length series if the Manga keeps going. They have enough material for another two seasons already. Perfect time to start it!

Perfect! Anime that ends after one season, especially with a cliffhanger, are the worst.
Hi, I’m Steph.

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:52 am

Tranzor Z!!!!!!!!!!!!

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:12 pm

TheStephil wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:
91shawny wrote:

I've never dove into Manga all the years that ive been watching Anime but I've been told that the manga is quite a treat and that they explore the story in a little more depth then just watching the anime.
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:33 pm

cptsailor wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Mags wrote:You should! It's a really good series with a fantastic premise and I've been sucked into the plot and story haha

I heard so much about it but though like eh, Ima pass but the way some of my friends hyped it up, I have to try it out now

ImageImageImageImage

VinnieVinyl

Postby VinnieVinyl » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:41 pm

A "Seven Deadly Sins" series would be nice. You can have a 10" Boar Hat.
Keeping it Nerd 24/7/365

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:06 pm

91shawny wrote:
cptsailor wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

I heard so much about it but though like eh, Ima pass but the way some of my friends hyped it up, I have to try it out now

That's the trouble with having anime friends and an online community like this one. I keep adding more and more to my Plan to Watch list.
Hi, I’m Steph.

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:09 pm

Toys R Us Kid wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:

The manga is so good right now. I can’t wait for the show to catch up @___@

Maybe I will bite the bullet.
Hi, I’m Steph.

caliwolv

Postby caliwolv » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:44 pm

I'm shocked Ramna 1/2 doesn't have pops yet, I had to get the SH Figuarts instead, but still hoping. Regular figure plus alt-form chase would be great!
Pop Count: 1023
Dorbz: 93
Rock Candy: 1 (Sorry Enchantress)

Jeffvela710

Postby Jeffvela710 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:02 pm

Black clover

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:55 pm

91shawny wrote:
cptsailor wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

It is a nice shonen! Has a thriller horror element to it which shakes up the regular formula. Worth testing the waters for sure!
Hi, I'm Dillon!

Mags

Postby Mags » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:33 pm

cptsailor wrote:

And Mom and Conny and Don and Gilda... lol

Mags

Postby Mags » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:35 pm

cptsailor wrote:
91shawny wrote:
cptsailor wrote:

It is a nice shonen! Has a thriller horror element to it which shakes up the regular formula. Worth testing the waters for sure!

That's probably my favorite part, that the thriller horror elements shake up the typical shonen mystery formula. It makes for a really good story!

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:40 pm

Mags wrote:
cptsailor wrote:

And Mom and Conny and Don and Gilda... lol

Dont forget PHIL!
Hi, I'm Dillon!

Mags

Postby Mags » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:12 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:

I've never dove into Manga all the years that ive been watching Anime but I've been told that the manga is quite a treat and that they explore the story in a little more depth then just watching the anime.

If you don't want spoilers for the show you can read MHA Vigilantes. It's very good!

mkov1226

Postby mkov1226 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:21 pm

Waiting on The Rising of the Shield Hero Funko Pops!
Aka DaCollector
YouTube - http://www.YouTube.com/YouJellyInc
IG - @markdacollector @youjellyinc

ISO: Protos [ Dragon Ball Z, Pokemon, AJ Lee & Alexa Bliss ]

Vader92

Postby Vader92 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:26 pm

Still going to wait patiently for Parasyte.
IG https://www.instagram.com/popthat818/
Pop count: 202
ISO: overwatch prototypes
OOB Sith pop collector

Return to “Pop!”