What anime needs pops next?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
rday1990

Re: What anime needs pops next?

Postby rday1990 » Sat May 04, 2019 4:42 pm

Rurouni Kenshin and Wolf’s Rain would be amazing. YuYu Hakusho was on that list but they’re finally making those

funkopants777

Postby funkopants777 » Sat May 04, 2019 5:37 pm

91shawny wrote:
Jennyboooh wrote:
Khearts93 wrote:
I can’t wait it’s getting so good!

new episode tomorrow morning! :cheers:

Episode 4 had me stressed, the vivid details of the past students I couldn’t

Hmm sounds like something I should check out :eek: :eek:
ImageImageImage

jkwok

Postby jkwok » Sat May 04, 2019 6:00 pm

Claymore please!
:wizmickey:

Jennyboooh

Postby Jennyboooh » Sat May 04, 2019 6:56 pm

funkopants777 wrote:
91shawny wrote:
Jennyboooh wrote:new episode tomorrow morning! :cheers:

You should it's really really good
:freddy1:

Annie_May13

Postby Annie_May13 » Sat May 04, 2019 11:44 pm

StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:
Annie_May13 wrote:I say cardcaptor sakura- I need a Kero and Spinnel Sun pop in my life! M

Be asking for these for a few years now...

They need to happen, especially with the new clear card arc out \:D/
༻❀༺Girly girl from Texas who loves pink༻❀༺

༻♥༺Dream Pops: Studio Ghibli, Cardcaptor Sakura, more Sailor Moon, Rogue, Pokemon, and FruBa༻♥༺

Image Image ImageImage

grandpa_stern

Postby grandpa_stern » Sat May 04, 2019 11:58 pm

I've said it before, but I would really like Hunter X Hunter pops. It's super hard to find figures from that manga / anime anymore.
I'm Josh

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Mon May 06, 2019 8:26 am

Jennyboooh wrote:
funkopants777 wrote:
91shawny wrote:

Hghly HIGHLY recommend, also, the main character is voiced by the same VA who voiced Kaneki in Tokyo Ghoul (I'm a bit biased by that because although the anime adaptation of TG was questionable, the VA for Kaneki does an amazing job when it comes those many emotional moments, which Tanjiro definitely goes through)

Also, the VA for Bakugo from MHA does a voice for a similar character on there that you'll meet in ep 5.

The show is really good, the pacing is not so fast that it burns through content, but not so slow that you feel like its dragging. You'll get attached to the MC named Tanjiro fairly quickly and his mission/purpose. The animation is beautiful and made by the same people who made Fate Stay Night UBW and Tales of Zesteria the X.
A funatic who is 1% more obsessed with anime than Funko.

| Pops: 1530 | Dorbz: 18 | IG: 91shawny

ImageImageImageImage

BRiley0216

Postby BRiley0216 » Mon May 06, 2019 9:41 pm

I'll say it a 50th time, SPACE DANDY

funkopants777

Postby funkopants777 » Tue May 07, 2019 12:17 am

91shawny wrote:
Jennyboooh wrote:
funkopants777 wrote:

Hghly HIGHLY recommend, also, the main character is voiced by the same VA who voiced Kaneki in Tokyo Ghoul (I'm a bit biased by that because although the anime adaptation of TG was questionable, the VA for Kaneki does an amazing job when it comes those many emotional moments, which Tanjiro definitely goes through)

Also, the VA for Bakugo from MHA does a voice for a similar character on there that you'll meet in ep 5.

The show is really good, the pacing is not so fast that it burns through content, but not so slow that you feel like its dragging. You'll get attached to the MC named Tanjiro fairly quickly and his mission/purpose. The animation is beautiful and made by the same people who made Fate Stay Night UBW and Tales of Zesteria the X.

Anything shawny recommends I must see!! :D
Will forsure watch it this weekend
ImageImageImage

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Tue May 07, 2019 6:19 am

funkopants777 wrote:
91shawny wrote:
Jennyboooh wrote:You should it's really really good

Haha I’m honored, also LiSA does the opening song and every time It plays I really get excited. I love when openings match the tone of the anime It’s just the icing on the cake.

ImageImageImageImage

Jennyboooh

Postby Jennyboooh » Tue May 07, 2019 4:06 pm

91shawny wrote:
Jennyboooh wrote:
funkopants777 wrote:

I knew he sounded familiar! was too lazy to check who was the VA that's awesome info =D>

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Wed May 08, 2019 8:16 am

Jennyboooh wrote:
91shawny wrote:

I knew he sounded familiar! was too lazy to check who was the VA that's awesome info =D>

I'm a bit of a dweeb when it comes to VAs, I've watched so many animes that when I hear their voice and it sounds familiar, I like to guess and see if I was right. Kinda like with black clover where one character voice actor currently in the show is the same as the "antagonist" in one Punch man season 2.

ImageImageImageImage

Jennyboooh

Postby Jennyboooh » Sat May 11, 2019 4:29 am

jkwok wrote:Claymore please!

How did I miss this, I wish they would continue it.

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sun May 12, 2019 4:08 pm

grandpa_stern wrote:I've said it before, but I would really like Hunter X Hunter pops. It's super hard to find figures from that manga / anime anymore.

We may have Hunter X Hunter POP! Sooner then you think.
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

grandpa_stern

Postby grandpa_stern » Sun May 12, 2019 6:07 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
grandpa_stern wrote:I've said it before, but I would really like Hunter X Hunter pops. It's super hard to find figures from that manga / anime anymore.

We may have Hunter X Hunter POP! Sooner then you think.

8-[
I'm Josh

DigsUT

Postby DigsUT » Sun May 12, 2019 6:58 pm

Would love to see a Rise of the Shield Hero line.
Collecting:

Star Wars.....thats all....nothing more...well....maybe some others.... :freddy2:

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Sun May 12, 2019 11:17 pm

DigsUT wrote:Would love to see a Rise of the Shield Hero line.

Literally just finished the latest episode and highly support tho. Naofumi, FILO, raphtalia would be a good start and have filo in her bird form as an exclusive

ImageImageImageImage

g3ohss

Postby g3ohss » Thu May 16, 2019 11:55 am

91shawny wrote:

Literally just finished the latest episode and highly support tho. Naofumi, FILO, raphtalia would be a good start and have filo in her bird form as an exclusive

Yesterday’s episode was so dope. Can’t wait to see what happens judgement is coming. Oooooweeee
Hi I’m Geo :) IG: @g3ohss
ImageImageImageImage

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Fri May 17, 2019 8:02 am

Brutesquad wrote:Hunter x Hunter, Ninja Scroll, and Akira would still be my pics for new POP runs!

Just started to watch Hunter x Hunter..not too bad. Still wondering when we will get 7 Deadly Sins Pops. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Fri May 17, 2019 10:19 am

Tusken wrote:
Brutesquad wrote:Hunter x Hunter, Ninja Scroll, and Akira would still be my pics for new POP runs!

Just started to watch Hunter x Hunter..not too bad. Still wondering when we will get 7 Deadly Sins Pops. :freddy3:

Hunter X hunter is prolly the goat as far as storytelling. Give it a while and youll find a lot of gold.
PopPChulo

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

DigsUT

Postby DigsUT » Fri May 17, 2019 10:21 am

g3ohss wrote:
91shawny wrote:

Yesterday’s episode was so dope. Can’t wait to see what happens judgement is coming. Oooooweeee

Pope is way OP.
Collecting:

Star Wars.....thats all....nothing more...well....maybe some others.... :freddy2:

MrSmileyFace

Postby MrSmileyFace » Fri May 17, 2019 10:38 am

funkopants777 wrote:
91shawny wrote:

Oh man, reading Shawny’s breakdown on the show makes me excited to check it out..... so many anime... so little time
- Ray
Instagram: grail_collector
Funko funatic Rookie of the Year nominee 2019

ImageImage

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Fri May 17, 2019 12:53 pm

I will always be down for more One Piece pops, especially more Luffy variants!
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

IG/Twitter: jjb11590

Typale

Postby Typale » Fri May 17, 2019 12:56 pm

I want some jojo's bizarre adventures!
As Brian Mariotti once said.... Go boxless, it’s more fun!

Image Image

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Fri May 17, 2019 2:26 pm

MrSmileyFace wrote:
funkopants777 wrote:
91shawny wrote:

Oh man, reading Shawny’s breakdown on the show makes me excited to check it out..... so many anime... so little time

ahha thanks, but yes a def must watch. You can start at a perfect time because you can literally binge up to the current episode where Tanjiro is on his first mission, best believe you'll be hooked

ImageImageImageImage

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Fri May 17, 2019 2:28 pm

jjb11590 wrote:I will always be down for more One Piece pops, especially more Luffy variants!

I want them to make Sabo before they start making Luffy variants, I need to complete the sworn brothers collection since Sabo is my favorite as well.

Luffy wise we can get regular gear 2, gitd gear 2, you can use a mold from the oversized arm morty for gear 3, and gear 4 can possibly be a 6in. Or atleast give us luffy as lucy and definitely need a Sogeking

ImageImageImageImage

taka

Postby taka » Fri May 17, 2019 2:47 pm

It would be nice to see some saint seiya pops

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Fri May 17, 2019 6:06 pm

91shawny wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:I will always be down for more One Piece pops, especially more Luffy variants!

I want them to make Sabo before they start making Luffy variants, I need to complete the sworn brothers collection since Sabo is my favorite as well.

Luffy wise we can get regular gear 2, gitd gear 2, you can use a mold from the oversized arm morty for gear 3, and gear 4 can possibly be a 6in. Or atleast give us luffy as lucy and definitely need a Sogeking

Oh yeah! I 100% agree with you! Sabo would be awesome!
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

IG/Twitter: jjb11590

funkopants777

Postby funkopants777 » Sat May 18, 2019 7:58 pm

91shawny wrote:
MrSmileyFace wrote:
funkopants777 wrote:

ahha thanks, but yes a def must watch. You can start at a perfect time because you can literally binge up to the current episode where Tanjiro is on his first mission, best believe you'll be hooked

Ok ok some thoughts -

The art style took me a second but aside from that pretty good!! To me, tanjiro is kinda like a mix of all anime characters haha

I will say in this day and age thank god for no anime fillers lol
This will hopefully hold me over until mha :D !!

*& green is the new black this year!!! Lol
(Referring to his training outfit and dekus green)
Last edited by funkopants777 on Sat May 18, 2019 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Sat May 18, 2019 9:03 pm

I would love some more One Punch Man and Bleach pops.
Akira would be awesome.
Hi, I’m Steph.

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sun May 19, 2019 10:53 am

TheStephil wrote:I would love some more One Punch Man and Bleach pops.
Akira would be awesome.

I been hoping and praying they bring us more bleach and opm
PopPChulo

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Mon May 20, 2019 8:23 am

funkopants777 wrote:
91shawny wrote:
MrSmileyFace wrote:

Ok ok some thoughts -

The art style took me a second but aside from that pretty good!! To me, tanjiro is kinda like a mix of all anime characters haha

The art style matches the era and the fighting style so eventually it evens out. Between this, Rising of the Shield Hero, and AOT, I'm hoping the same, when MHA comes back, oh boy

ImageImageImageImage

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Mon May 20, 2019 8:29 am

91shawny wrote:
funkopants777 wrote:
91shawny wrote:

Ok ok some thoughts -

The art style matches the era and the fighting style so eventually it evens out. Between this, Rising of the Shield Hero, and AOT, I'm hoping the same, when MHA comes back, oh boy

You're a man of taste, Shawny! I hope everyone is ready for the Overhaul arc.
Hi, I'm Dillon!

IG: cptsailor

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Mon May 20, 2019 8:30 am

I really hope we get a Dororo and Hyakkimaru. Y'all should watch the reboot, it has been nothing but FIRE.
Hi, I'm Dillon!

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Mon May 20, 2019 8:33 am

cptsailor wrote:
91shawny wrote:
funkopants777 wrote:
Ok ok some thoughts -

I pride myself in anime for sure, and I'm not ready, I avoided the manga but everyone gives me that look when overhaul gets mentioned, I'm here for the dark turns

ImageImageImageImage

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Mon May 20, 2019 8:38 am

91shawny wrote:
cptsailor wrote:
91shawny wrote:

I pride myself in anime for sure, and I'm not ready, I avoided the manga but everyone gives me that look when overhaul gets mentioned, I'm here for the dark turns

Grab those reigns, my friend. It is going to be a dark and bumpy ride. Some fun along the way though, can't wait to have some discussions! If you have a MyAnimeList, feel free to add me "MisterAndis." :)
Hi, I'm Dillon!

MrSmileyFace

Postby MrSmileyFace » Mon May 20, 2019 9:59 am

91shawny wrote:
funkopants777 wrote:
91shawny wrote:

Ok ok some thoughts -

I’m up to date now on Hulu on all the 7 episodes of Demon slayer so I’m ready when Funko decides to make these pops lol
- Ray
Instagram: grail_collector
Funko funatic Rookie of the Year nominee 2019

ImageImage

Theshowman619

Postby Theshowman619 » Mon May 20, 2019 1:02 pm

Not sure if it has been done already, but robotech would be cool
:freddy4: ImageImage
ImageImageImage

funkopants777

Postby funkopants777 » Mon May 20, 2019 5:14 pm

MrSmileyFace wrote:
91shawny wrote:
funkopants777 wrote:
Ok ok some thoughts -

I’m up to date now on Hulu on all the 7 episodes of Demon slayer so I’m ready when Funko decides to make these pops lol

Yup same!! No thread for us to discuss yet lol
His first mission was pretty cool!
At times I thought the anime was pushing it a little too much (the gross monster in trial Lol) but I enjoy the emotions behind the characters/aftermath situations - not just save the day and carry on like nothing happened. (Example: the one guy who lost his fiancé).

They make tanjiro a little too easily likable but can’t wait to see him become a demon slayer!!
ImageImageImage

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Tue May 21, 2019 8:08 am

PopPChulo wrote:
Tusken wrote:

Hunter X hunter is prolly the goat as far as storytelling. Give it a while and youll find a lot of gold.

Ok I'll keep watching just getting a bit tired of the kid but hopefully it will get better. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Pop!”