New NFL Legends pops Wave

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
FredKruger

Re: New NFL Legends pops Wave

Postby FredKruger » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:48 pm

2017fanatic wrote:Good call to check production date on the box.. I could see it both ways (stock already made then recalled..then working out license approval to re-release vs straight up unvaulting and remaking more). I have one of those Jim Browns and my friend has an original Joe Montana...we hope to compare once the new ones are released. I want to acquire a Joe!

I'd like a Steve Young with 75th anniversary patch on the jersey............or a Brady vs Joe 2pk with all 10 rings.

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:39 am

2017fanatic wrote:
FredKruger wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:
So I doubt they will unvault other pops. I am pretty sure this was vaulted for some sort of other reason unrelated to sales. They never made and official announcement then people like yourself were getting it, and then it was just out of the blue not showing up anywhere. It wasn't an exclusive, and didn't show up on big retailers such as entertainment earth. Most of the pops that are vaulted are either due to sales or limited production run. I don't think this falls in either category, so I think this is a special case.

It was on EE, and Toy Wars, I preordered at Gamestop, and they cancelled. Then drove an hour to get the former GOAT from another GS. This was vaulted/cancelled, same as Jim Brown, and Nick Morton. Will depend on production date on box. If is pre Oct 17, than this the rest of the stock. If after, it's an unvault and rerelease. Just a slippery slope with this stuff as once one is unvaulted, many more to come. I say keep items vaulted and make a new mold instead. Would have been easy to make black jersey, or away instead.

Good call to check production date on the box.. I could see it both ways (stock already made then recalled..then working out license approval to re-release vs straight up unvaulting and remaking more). I have one of those Jim Browns and my friend has an original Joe Montana...we hope to compare once the new ones are released. I want to acquire a Joe!

I guess having collected since 2014, a big part of me trusts Funko. I just don't think they would vault with intention of re-releasing. I think just the vaulting was because they just never thought they could do a mass release due to some issues. Now that they are resolved they can mass release.
Collecting since 2014

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:45 am

2017fanatic wrote:
coopscohen wrote:Appears Joe Montana is being produced again. Hopefully no one spent too much money acquiring him.

just saw this news! I hope it's true!! Don't want to have to overspend for such a great looking POP!

I was trying to figure out what the big deal was with the Great Joe Montana but then realize he was being released again. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

2017fanatic

Postby 2017fanatic » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:57 pm

FredKruger wrote:
2017fanatic wrote:Good call to check production date on the box.. I could see it both ways (stock already made then recalled..then working out license approval to re-release vs straight up unvaulting and remaking more). I have one of those Jim Browns and my friend has an original Joe Montana...we hope to compare once the new ones are released. I want to acquire a Joe!

I'd like a Steve Young with 75th anniversary patch on the jersey............or a Brady vs Joe 2pk with all 10 rings.

Metallic jersey Steve Young.. that niners gold!
Funatic of all things Funko!!

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:34 pm

Chrome Silver and Blue...more Dallas Cowboys. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Image Image Image Image

jeffcrazy

Postby jeffcrazy » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:41 pm

I thought the whole Montana fiasco had something to do with his hair... who knows what the truth is - Funko doesn't necessariliy shout it out for everyone to hear when there's a bungle like this (or say the Tom Cruise Mummy POP!).. they just try to make it go away quickly & quietly!

I would love a side by side comparison or at the very least I can post pics of my old one if anyone got their new one they ordered to post for comparison

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:10 pm

jeffcrazy wrote:I thought the whole Montana fiasco had something to do with his hair... who knows what the truth is - Funko doesn't necessariliy shout it out for everyone to hear when there's a bungle like this (or say the Tom Cruise Mummy POP!).. they just try to make it go away quickly & quietly!

I would love a side by side comparison or at the very least I can post pics of my old one if anyone got their new one they ordered to post for comparison

I can post an image of mine later tonight here as well as the haul page.
Collecting since 2014

jeffcrazy

Postby jeffcrazy » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:37 am

Here's the OG Montana POP! -

and then just for fun here's Fractal Montana

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:02 am

jeffcrazy wrote:Here's the OG Montana POP! -

and then just for fun here's Fractal Montana

I can post mine but so far hair color, boots and jersey are the same color. Not sure about NFL emblem on the football on mine.
Collecting since 2014

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:50 pm

I would love some of the 1950's stars like Raymond Berry, Otto Graham, Frank Gifford and Lenny Moore. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Image Image Image Image

2017fanatic

Postby 2017fanatic » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:24 pm

My Joe Montana comes in today! can't wait! I traded the original ones I got but have been missing him in my collection since
Funatic of all things Funko!!

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:17 pm

2017fanatic wrote:My Joe Montana comes in today! can't wait! I traded the original ones I got but have been missing him in my collection since

When will we get a chase Chief Joe Montana? :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Pop!”