NYCC Pop Exclusives 2018

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
runtodere

Re: NYCC Pop Exclusives 2018

Postby runtodere » Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:20 pm

FredKruger wrote:
Crazychris225 wrote:They've postponed once before where stuff was available Friday instead of Thursday. Sucks for those who had requested Thursday off since most schedules for that week are probably posted already

When was that? I took both days off just in case.

Man you guys are dedicated.....

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:29 pm

KidMarvel wrote:
Boymom4 wrote:
grasshoppa_95 wrote:I hope so because I was wanting to see another Spastik Plastik Pop as well!

You and me both. I'm soooooo disappointed that there's no spastik plastik or freddy. It would be awesome if funko decided to surprise us lol :)

There's still a couple pf days left, so I'm just gonna hold my breath and wait to see if there are indeed any last mimute surprises!

Definitely keeping fingers crossed for at least one surprise (spastik and/or freddy) :)

Tany

Re: NYCC Pop Exclusives 2018 - Wave 16 - Game of Thrones

Postby Tany » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:41 pm

VirulentVenom wrote:
BillyLouis wrote:
Tany wrote:
Still need an answer to this probably dumb question. ;o; Is it Wednesday night like usual?

I'm not completely sure, but NYCC starts October 4th, so perhaps that night or the next. I believe that's how it works.

For the majority of them they go live the night before the con starting around midnight through the middle of the night depending on the site. So if you need to take the rest of the day off, you should take off on Thursday October 4th.

Thank you both! I was leaning onto the 4th, but wasn't sure. :x
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Ohayou, I'm Tany-Chan~!!
Instagram: moonlarkly // Twitch: tanypop

*:・゚✧ ✧・゚:*

Pop #: Who knows? // First: Harley Quinn #34.
Newest: ECCC Haul // Wanted: Glitter Sailor Moon!
Holy Grails: White Raven & Amidala

Kitzka
HoF 2017 & CotM
HoF 2017 & CotM

Postby Kitzka » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:23 pm

Libertyroxx wrote:
Kitzka wrote:I haven’t even gotten my email yet. Checked my junk and everything. Sigh. I just want to know if I got into the signings I entered.

Lara

You only get an email if you did win something. It definitely would be nice if they sent an email saying sorry you didn't win anything better luck next year. It's better than constantly refreshing for an email that will never come. Struck out again this year. :( But hey, excited to see everyone at the Con! ReedPop can't ruin that! :)

Ooooo I didn’t realize you were coming back east for nycc. Can’t wait to see you.

I didn’t get an email so I didn’t get into the signing I wanted. But I’m still going to go to the panel.

Lara

Looking for Care Bear Protos

Diabetesx03

Postby Diabetesx03 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:06 am

Does anyone have place holders yet?

LovesTheSnow76

Postby LovesTheSnow76 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:26 am

yanban wrote:
StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:
Met4lif wrote:Image

I won Saturday 10 am

Congrats !!!

That's awesome. Congrats!

Congrats. Excited for you.

UlfricFrost

Postby UlfricFrost » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:25 am

NYCC is gonna break the bank

Harley649

Postby Harley649 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:59 am

I’m hoping I can change my day off to Friday

Kenjutsu763

Postby Kenjutsu763 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:04 am

I've a pretty small list: Quirrell, Hermione, Cece, and Hulkbuster vs Hulk.

I didn't get the slot at NYCC. I wonder if I'll have time to hunt on Friday morning...
"You're overwhelmed. Freeze was underwhelmed. Why isn't anyone ever just whelmed?"- Dick Grayson, Young Justice 1x01

Collection: Ask, and I'll send a link ;)
ISO: Monk Tang(Gold)
Signature from soliquenl https://soliquenl.deviantart.com/

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:59 am

I am a sticker lover so pretty much screwed I was looking at 8 this year

Biggie (no chance now)
Metallic Children (GOT)
Vashta Nerada
Quirrell
Hermione,
CeCe
George R Martin Trio
beric dondarrion

I guess I can go out friday since I am only att he con thur and sunday. I will try to ask people in line but that wont always work out.
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

Fugly16

Postby Fugly16 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:16 am

Man. Anyone else hoping there is a surprise Freddy announced this week for NYCC?

DubJay81

Postby DubJay81 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:55 am

Ok so a quick question? Thought I’d ask. Will the Funko Booth carry all of the Con Exclusives this year? Yes I know... other companies do there own exclusives. But the reason I’m asking ianbecause... 1. Last year Toy Tokyo did there own raffle and it’s Con Week and nothing. I’ve hit them on IG and Twitter like 20 times and nothing. Maybe TT can answer here on the Funactics forums... 2. The FYE booth disaster that occurred last year on Thursday was insane. Pure madness and no line control and they needed security there as soon as it opened at 10... 3. TT is hosting tons of other exclusives from other Artists so does this mean there 1st come 1st serve. I pray not that means LINE CON 2018 like 2016 And was horrible and the people running and fighting makes it not worth the trip. Just wish Funko Could step up and give these Companies some kind of rules and regulation. I know some people are also upset but I’m happy that there making them hold back NYCC exclusives to Friday I know people that work at target. Now there will be less people there and it would have been crazy.
Keep spreading that Funko Love... :freddy1:
New York Comic 2014/15/16/17/18/19/20(Virtual)
NYC Fugitive Event 2018/2019

Fugly16

Postby Fugly16 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:20 pm

DubJay81 wrote:Ok so a quick question? Thought I’d ask. Will the Funko Booth carry all of the Con Exclusives this year? Yes I know... other companies do there own exclusives. But the reason I’m asking ianbecause... 1. Last year Toy Tokyo did there own raffle and it’s Con Week and nothing. I’ve hit them on IG and Twitter like 20 times and nothing. Maybe TT can answer here on the Funactics forums... 2. The FYE booth disaster that occurred last year on Thursday was insane. Pure madness and no line control and they needed security there as soon as it opened at 10... 3. TT is hosting tons of other exclusives from other Artists so does this mean there 1st come 1st serve. I pray not that means LINE CON 2018 like 2016 And was horrible and the people running and fighting makes it not worth the trip. Just wish Funko Could step up and give these Companies some kind of rules and regulation. I know some people are also upset but I’m happy that there making them hold back NYCC exclusives to Friday I know people that work at target. Now there will be less people there and it would have been crazy.

TT didn’t get to sell their Funko Exclusives last year. I don’t believe they’re going to be selling this years NYCC exclusives either.

GoldenSlime

Postby GoldenSlime » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:44 pm

jkcohen626 wrote:
GoldenSlime wrote:I was so disappointed with SDCC, I can just pray for anything IT or Toy Story... I'm gonna be disappointed again hehe

Yeah, there is no real reason for anything from either of licenses right now, lol.

cough cough \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Fun Funko Features -

Pop Vinyls: 42
Pocket Pops: 1
Current favourite: Beverly Chase
Latest: Beverly Chase
Rarest (According to ppg): Rex from Toy Story (SDCC 2016)
First pop: Golden Freddy (SDCC 2016) - September 28th, 2016

DubJay81

Postby DubJay81 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:47 pm

Fugly16 wrote:
DubJay81 wrote:Ok so a quick question? Thought I’d ask. Will the Funko Booth carry all of the Con Exclusives this year? Yes I know... other companies do there own exclusives. But the reason I’m asking ianbecause... 1. Last year Toy Tokyo did there own raffle and it’s Con Week and nothing. I’ve hit them on IG and Twitter like 20 times and nothing. Maybe TT can answer here on the Funactics forums... 2. The FYE booth disaster that occurred last year on Thursday was insane. Pure madness and no line control and they needed security there as soon as it opened at 10... 3. TT is hosting tons of other exclusives from other Artists so does this mean there 1st come 1st serve. I pray not that means LINE CON 2018 like 2016 And was horrible and the people running and fighting makes it not worth the trip. Just wish Funko Could step up and give these Companies some kind of rules and regulation. I know some people are also upset but I’m happy that there making them hold back NYCC exclusives to Friday I know people that work at target. Now there will be less people there and it would have been crazy.

TT didn’t get to sell their Funko Exclusives last year. I don’t believe they’re going to be selling this years NYCC exclusives either.

They didn’t sell there Exclusives last year? I swear I saw them there with them. They even moved there booth from left most corner to the back wall of the left zone to be away from Funko Booth? Well either way hopefully you can cop them at the Funko Booth. I think there Booth should have every Exclusive Pop and then after the Con they can sell online or same time like the other companies. It’s just too crazy already. But 2016 I was in that line. It was nuts.

Cephus

Postby Cephus » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:28 pm

My grand total is going to be 1, the Fallout Assaultron. Otherwise, I couldn't care less about anything at NYCC. My wife might get 2. Luckily, they're all HT shared exclusives so easy to get. All of the cons are putting out crap as far as we're concerned, nothing at all interesting. I don't think I've added anything new to my want list in months.

Jess55

Postby Jess55 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:00 pm

Does Amazon list their pops on the 5th too? Or can you order before and they just won’t ship until the 5th?

Njtree_82

Postby Njtree_82 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:14 am

runtodere wrote:
Njtree_82 wrote:Didn't win a single lottery.

I'd like for them to release the odds. I know it's not in their best interest not to do it, but it would make me feel so much better that I didn't get in

yeah but it's a little nuts I didn't get an email back saying I didnt win I'll be happy with that but I entered in other lotteries for panels in general too and I still didn't get anything
85 funko pops
-2 chases

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:33 am

Crazychris225 wrote:They've postponed once before where stuff was available Friday instead of Thursday. Sucks for those who had requested Thursday off since most schedules for that week are probably posted already

Very much sucks! Already had requested and received off Thursday - now I have to go beg for mercy from my boss. And of course I'm not explaining why I need off - just going to go with the "my plans got shifted a day"! ](*,)
Image ImageImage Image

Jaykay110

Postby Jaykay110 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:00 am

stuck out with SDCC and NYCC this year. 3 in a row including NYCC last yr. We have 6 ppl with Fri and Sat passes and no Funko win.

But did manage to win, Tom King and Jim Lee auto and a Majin Vegeta spot.

d3postman

Postby d3postman » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:07 pm

Congrats to all who won the lotto!

Funko Fundays: 2015, 2019, 2021

SDCC: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022

FDO: FDO8

franzsy0519

Postby franzsy0519 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:21 pm

About 3 more days before NYCC! Hope everyone who's going to the con will enjoy :) As for me, I'm part of team Online only lol Gotta wait for those online releases!
Funko Funatic Philippines since Oct. 2013 \:D/

GettingSodas

Postby GettingSodas » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:03 pm

So are you supposed to try and line up an hour before your time slot at NYCC or do you just line up at the time of your time slot?
Been collecting Funko since 2015!

ISO: Marvel Comic Protos

GettingSodas

Postby GettingSodas » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:03 pm

I’ve never been to a con before this so I’m sorry if this seems like a stupid question. :-"
Been collecting Funko since 2015!

ISO: Marvel Comic Protos

Fugly16

Postby Fugly16 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:52 pm

GettingSodas wrote:So are you supposed to try and line up an hour before your time slot at NYCC or do you just line up at the time of your time slot?

Earlier the better. But you may have some awkward overlap with the time slot preceding yours so I can’t say for sure what the protocol is for them handling the queues

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:00 pm

Fugly16 wrote:
GettingSodas wrote:So are you supposed to try and line up an hour before your time slot at NYCC or do you just line up at the time of your time slot?

Earlier the better. But you may have some awkward overlap with the time slot preceding yours so I can’t say for sure what the protocol is for them handling the queues

Best advice, start asking questions 2 to 3 hours before your time slot if you really want something good, an unofficial time slot line may form like last year but you gottta be ready to wait if you want it
A funatic who is 1% more obsessed with anime than Funko.

| Pops: 1530 | Dorbz: 18 | IG: 91shawny

ImageImageImageImage

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:02 pm

DubJay81 wrote:
Fugly16 wrote:

They didn’t sell there Exclusives last year? I swear I saw them there with them. They even moved there booth from left most corner to the back wall of the left zone to be away from Funko Booth? Well either way hopefully you can cop them at the Funko Booth. I think there Booth should have every Exclusive Pop and then after the Con they can sell online or same time like the other companies. It’s just too crazy already. But 2016 I was in that line. It was nuts.

They did not sell their exclusives last year and the same will be this year. The reason for that was the atrocity that occurred in 2016, it was really bad and since then there hasn't been much of the same issue. Not to mention other situations outside of the cons that led to it, but trust, its better this way.

ImageImageImageImage

ryusilva23

Postby ryusilva23 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:12 pm

91shawny wrote:
DubJay81 wrote:
Fugly16 wrote:

They did not sell their exclusives last year and the same will be this year. The reason for that was the atrocity that occurred in 2016, it was really bad and since then there hasn't been much of the same issue. Not to mention other situations outside of the cons that led to it, but trust, its better this way.

I heard the stories, it was vicious... people pushed and shoved... cut lines. The line was wrapping outside the expo hall, so Funko selling it at their booth is 100 percent better.

ryusilva23

Postby ryusilva23 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:17 pm

On another note, Jan and George Glass 2 Pack may indeed sell for $30 dollars. If this holds up, will this be a deal breaker... or will you pay for it regardless because it's just so darn funny?

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:17 pm

ryusilva23 wrote:On another note, Jan and George Glass 2 Pack may indeed sell for $30 dollars. If this holds up, will this be a deal breaker... or will you pay for it regardless because it's just so darn funny that you will pay for it?

Not a fan, ez pass lmaoooo

ImageImageImageImage

magicalme

Postby magicalme » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:45 pm

ryusilva23 wrote:On another note, Jan and George Glass 2 Pack may indeed sell for $30 dollars. If this holds up, will this be a deal breaker... or will you pay for it regardless because it's just so darn funny?

I believe Funko confirmed that it would be $15 (same as a single Pop) on Twitter.
http://www.instagram.com/magicalme359

GRAIL ISO:
OG Cereal Monsters

jondru

Postby jondru » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:03 pm

GettingSodas wrote:I’ve never been to a con before this so I’m sorry if this seems like a stupid question. :-"

not a stupid question... just bring your patience and a smile :cheers:
Andrew

ryusilva23

Postby ryusilva23 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:21 pm

magicalme wrote:
ryusilva23 wrote:On another note, Jan and George Glass 2 Pack may indeed sell for $30 dollars. If this holds up, will this be a deal breaker... or will you pay for it regardless because it's just so darn funny?

I believe Funko confirmed that it would be $15 (same as a single Pop) on Twitter.

Cool thanks, must have missed that with all the barrage of posts lol.

DubJay81

Postby DubJay81 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:49 pm

ryusilva23 wrote:
91shawny wrote:
DubJay81 wrote:

I heard the stories, it was vicious... people pushed and shoved... cut lines. The line was wrapping outside the expo hall, so Funko selling it at their booth is 100 percent better.

Yeah I remember 2016 like it was yesterday I was in the first 100 and we still didn’t get our pops in hand till 11:30/12 noon it was draining and insane and after that I was like nope
Never again. Insane.

ericj

Postby ericj » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:55 pm

As long as I get my Scott Pilgrim I'm happy... It's relaxing to have focused goals :D

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:28 pm

That makes me want it more. It's hilarious that it is $30

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:30 pm

ryusilva23 wrote:
magicalme wrote:

Cool thanks, must have missed that with all the barrage of posts lol.

AWwww I didn't read this far down early enough

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:33 pm

Sorry if this has been asked but anyone have a guess as to what time one would need to line up at the HBO shop to get the Metallic?

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:00 pm

runtodere wrote:Sorry if this has been asked but anyone have a guess as to what time one would need to line up at the HBO shop to get the Metallic?

If you line up now the odds are in your favor! lol lol lol

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:05 pm

TJLAUTERBACH wrote:
runtodere wrote:Sorry if this has been asked but anyone have a guess as to what time one would need to line up at the HBO shop to get the Metallic?

If you line up now the odds are in your favor! lol lol lol

Here I go! lol This is my first NYCC. I know at SDCC lines would start, well, likely 24 hours before. Is NYCC the same?

Return to “Pop!”