NYCC Pop Exclusives 2018

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Ice04242

Re: NYCC Pop Exclusives 2018

Postby Ice04242 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:18 am

Managed to snag Killer frost, Great Ape vegeta, and The one piece pop! Unfortunately I'm sure I'll still have to pay ebay prices to get the TT Blue Chrome vegeta because I wont be at the con. Only other pop I'm looking for to keep my DBZ and Power Rangers collections complete is the Dino Ultrazord but I still havn't seen it go up online. My target seems to never get any of the exclusives so I'm sure hoping it comes up
ImageImageImageImage Image Image Image

Tany

Postby Tany » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:32 am

drachenfells wrote:
Tany wrote:
drachenfells wrote:Managed to get the Shining Twins rock candy. That was one of the top ones on my Wants list so I'm really happy.

How? :O It's still showing as 'coming soon' for me.

I got mine from Popcultcha in australia (im in the uk)

Ah okay. You had me in panic mode lol!
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Ohayou, I'm Tany-Chan~!!
Instagram: moonlarkly // Twitch: tanypop

*:・゚✧ ✧・゚:*

Pop #: Who knows? // First: Harley Quinn #34.
Newest: ECCC Haul // Wanted: Glitter Sailor Moon!
Holy Grails: White Raven & Amidala

Steveb872

Postby Steveb872 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:38 am

Can anyone tell me what European stores the NYCC exclusives are shared with? I’ve seen the tweet, but cannot find specific information, although I’m not holding out much hope and will probably end up on eBay,

Cheers

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:02 am

Has anyone seen any pictures of The Grady Twins Rock Candy in store today? So far I'm only seeing non-shared exclusives (other than Gearhead).
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

ImageImageImageImageImage Image

Rice71

Postby Rice71 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:04 am

Funko shop was easy got the twins.
ImageImage
ImageImage

MymyChan

Postby MymyChan » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:09 am

Steveb872 wrote:Can anyone tell me what European stores the NYCC exclusives are shared with? I’ve seen the tweet, but cannot find specific information, although I’m not holding out much hope and will probably end up on eBay,

Cheers

They are shared between several stores.
I can't remember them all, the best for you would be to check the Funko Europe Twitter account.
EMP will have the HT exclusives since they belong to the same group. The same for the Gamestop Exclusives (in France, they will go to Micromania/Zing but I don't remember the rest of the names, sorry)
Hi there! I’m Myriam.
Collecting Funko since Xmas 2015
PopPriceGuide want list: https://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/mem ... UWM5NEVS0/
Instagram: Themymster

tigsabud1

Postby tigsabud1 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:09 am

Managed to place my order on Funko Shop, which means I snagged every item I wanted this year! At least, I think so. I always get so nervous with Funko Shop releases- even though I make it all the way to the order confirmation page, I don't seem to get the confirmation email for some time, and the order doesn't show up in my profile. Anyone else have this problem?
:dkjoker1:

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:15 am

DubJay81 wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
DubJay81 wrote:
Yeah I remember 2016 like it was yesterday I was in the first 100 and we still didn’t get our pops in hand till 11:30/12 noon it was draining and insane and after that I was like nope
Never again. Insane.

I remember that thursday. I got there at 5am. I was around the corner from entrance so I was pretty close. When we went downstairs to get the wristbands I was in first 50 maybe 100 too. They wernt even handing out wristbands when i got into that line. After a few minutes they started handing out badges. this is where to me it got weird. (2016 TT was in front left corner right up the stairs by the bathrooms) By time I got up stairs there was a couple 100 people in front of me and line wraped through the show floor. (Where the hell did all those people come from). This is then where things went wrong security came cause booths were complaining and moved the line and made it go off the floor and outside the big doors. People jumped line people went nuts. Then security came and said everyone who is on the show floor is good anyone outside the big hanger door has to come back later. That is when all hell broke loose. People jumping in line yelling arguing.

Still to this day I do not know how I went from first 50 to 100 downstairs to so many people in front of me so of course I was p***. But I just made the cutoff. The security holding a sign was pretty much over my head. From there yes it took forever.

YESSSSS I REMEMBER THAT DAY VERY WELL!!! It was pure madness I ran like my life depended on it. Yes I was in that first batch and when they dropped the gate and we ran for the TT line down stairs then went upstairs. It was crazy. I got every pop they had except the Dorbs cereal pack. I was literally next literally sold out with the lady in front of me. Think they had 75 for each day.

75 danm I must have been in first 75. I got all I want
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:16 am

Well, got the two I was able to afford today, Supergirl and Vashta Nerada!

B&N only had 6 Supergirl pops and no other NYCC items, kind of weird AND they were all just sitting in a box by the register, really strange, but glad I asked and snagged one.

Worth noting, there are no other pops on the back of Supergirl's box, which was a bummer. I was hoping for Martian Manhunter, The Guardian, Alex in the power suit, but nothing. :(

Hot Topic seemed to be letting people in with tickets, or numbers or something, I was about 20 minutes early but they let people in. Thankfully I was able to hop in and get Vashta Nerada, but sadly had to ignore Carnage.

Walked by GameStop and a bunch of dudes, who looked a bit like dolphins standing outside, one with three huge HT bags. Unfortunately I can't afford the Superman and Flash 2 pack, so I kept walking as to not even torture myself.

Now I'm sadly back at work, blah.

Hope everyone else is fairing well today, in stores, online or at the con!! :D
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 716ish
Dorbz: 34
Mystery Minis: 33
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:17 am

Today was a success. Hope everyone got everything they wanted :)

Jess55

Postby Jess55 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:19 am

Success. My first time doing this I got everything I wanted
Ordered Oakley and Augury for Amazon last night
Ordered Quirrell from FYE a little while ago
Got Dino Ultrazord and Niffler from Target
Hermoine from Barnes and Noble
Korg and Miek from GameStop.

Now I will go to sleep for a little bit before I have to go back to work.

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:26 am

Jess55 wrote:Success. My first time doing this I got everything I wanted
Ordered Oakley and Augury for Amazon last night
Ordered Quirrell from FYE a little while ago
Got Dino Ultrazord and Niffler from Target
Hermoine from Barnes and Noble
Korg and Miek from GameStop.

Now I will go to sleep for a little bit before I have to go back to work.

Congrats!!
Sleep what's that lol!? I feel like I'm running on nothing but coffee and adrenaline lol ;)

perfectflaw00

Postby perfectflaw00 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:28 am

The ultrazord is such a fantastic pop, I can't believe it's only $30 managed to snag it and great ape vegeta which makes this con the most friendly on my wallet since 2015.

perfectflaw00

Postby perfectflaw00 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:32 am

Jezter wrote:Well, got the two I was able to afford today, Supergirl and Vashta Nerada!

B&N only had 6 Supergirl pops and no other NYCC items, kind of weird AND they were all just sitting in a box by the register, really strange, but glad I asked and snagged one.

Worth noting, there are no other pops on the back of Supergirl's box, which was a bummer. I was hoping for Martian Manhunter, The Guardian, Alex in the power suit, but nothing. :(

Hot Topic seemed to be letting people in with tickets, or numbers or something, I was about 20 minutes early but they let people in. Thankfully I was able to hop in and get Vashta Nerada, but sadly had to ignore Carnage.

Walked by GameStop and a bunch of dudes, who looked a bit like dolphins standing outside, one with three huge HT bags. Unfortunately I can't afford the Superman and Flash 2 pack, so I kept walking as to not even torture myself.

Don't feel bad about the 2 pack, I was on the fence getting it but I'll be picking up the new flash running pop and the 80th anniversary supes and pairing them together for a similar effectb in front of a print that has the first time they raced in comics. Plus I think these will be sitting in stores

Jade-Rex

Postby Jade-Rex » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:34 am

Got my twins no problem this morning and if I stay good and don't impulse buy anything else I'm done. Grabbing Beast Boy would be amazing but I'll have to be incredibly lucky to pull that off.

Good luck to everyone! Hope the rest of the con goes well with restocks and the like!
Pop count: 300+ (lost count lol)
Dream Pop: Fantasy Barbarian Bakugo
ISO: Bakugo Proto, Picklez and Chester holo cards
Lines I Miss: Wetmore Forest, Boo Hollow

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:46 am

perfectflaw00 wrote:
Jezter wrote:Well, got the two I was able to afford today, Supergirl and Vashta Nerada!

Don't feel bad about the 2 pack, I was on the fence getting it but I'll be picking up the new flash running pop and the 80th anniversary supes and pairing them together for a similar effectb in front of a print that has the first time they raced in comics. Plus I think these will be sitting in stores

I hope you are right about them sitting in stores. I plan on getting the running Flash as well as Kid Flash, but I try to get all Superman pops, so the two pack is a must have. :D

Pops!- 716ish

Kaljor

Postby Kaljor » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:47 am

Jezter wrote:I hope you are right about them sitting in stores. I plan on getting the running Flash as well as Kid Flash, but I try to get all Superman pops, so the two pack is a must have. :D

I'm torn on the 2 pack. I love the concept, but I hate that Superman costume.
My Name is Ernie

drehill

Postby drehill » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:49 am

Wow, everything was super easy to get this year. It's great.

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:52 am

Jade-Rex wrote:Got my twins no problem this morning and if I stay good and don't impulse buy anything else I'm done. Grabbing Beast Boy would be amazing but I'll have to be incredibly lucky to pull that off.

Good luck to everyone! Hope the rest of the con goes well with restocks and the like!

Your Target had The Grady Twins? Yay! You give me hope. I've been stressing about it for the past hour cause it seems that some Targets don't have them.
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

ImageImageImageImageImage Image

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:55 am

Had the local event here and I'm glad I managed to get my hands on my no. 1 fave Sora! The Hulkbuster and Hulk movie moment looks absolutely fantastic, and I added that to my shopping bag as well!
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

The Bleach Fan

Postby The Bleach Fan » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:58 am

Congrats to everyone that found what they wanted. It has been a great week

drachenfells

Postby drachenfells » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:58 am

Everything went smoothly on the funko store and i managed to get everything i wanted on there. If only all cons went this well.

Jade-Rex

Postby Jade-Rex » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:58 am

YeetGrimes wrote:
Jade-Rex wrote:Got my twins no problem this morning and if I stay good and don't impulse buy anything else I'm done. Grabbing Beast Boy would be amazing but I'll have to be incredibly lucky to pull that off.

Your Target had The Grady Twins? Yay! You give me hope. I've been stressing about it for the past hour cause it seems that some Targets don't have them.

Sorry! I meant the Scott Pilgrim 2 pack twins. I didn't go to Target at all today. I hope they have some for you! I think Rock candies aren't too hard to snag when they come out.
Pop count: 300+ (lost count lol)
Dream Pop: Fantasy Barbarian Bakugo
ISO: Bakugo Proto, Picklez and Chester holo cards
Lines I Miss: Wetmore Forest, Boo Hollow

perfectflaw00

Postby perfectflaw00 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:05 am

Kaljor wrote:
Jezter wrote:I hope you are right about them sitting in stores. I plan on getting the running Flash as well as Kid Flash, but I try to get all Superman pops, so the two pack is a must have. :D

I've got every supes pop except the silver hot topic exclusive and I decided to pass on this one. I may pick it up down the line but honestly I wont be dissapointed if I don't. If this was Barry and Clark in their classic costumes it would've been at the top of my want list this con.

Kaljor

Postby Kaljor » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:06 am

perfectflaw00 wrote:
Kaljor wrote:

I've got every supes pop except the silver hot topic exclusive and I decided to pass on this one. I may pick it up down the line but honestly I wont be dissapointed if I don't. If this was Barry and Clark in their classic costumes it would've been at the top of my want list this con.

That is exactly how I feel. The classic costumes would have put it over the top.
My Name is Ernie

lcarus83

Postby lcarus83 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:24 am

Man I kinda wish I got a Dum Dum. I only got Jabberjaw. Oh well. I don't have Touche Turtle, so getting Dum Dum meant I would've gone out and immediately got Touche Turtle (because that's how I am) and I didn't wanna cave and spend that much this week.

And what is with the Target stuff? I know some of it went up but I'm looking mainly for Baby Audrey and Flocked Baloo.
Holy Grails: Riddler, Penguin, Two-Face, Hawkman, Martian Manhunter, Logan

ArcturuzOne

Postby ArcturuzOne » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:33 am

Very happy w/ my NYCC online hauls, especially this morning when I grabbed the HB pops/VYNL! :cheers:

Hope I can snag Orange Chrome Batman online and find a good deal on Funky Phantom.

ArcturuzOne

Postby ArcturuzOne » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:34 am

lcarus83 wrote:Man I kinda wish I got a Dum Dum. I only got Jabberjaw. Oh well. I don't have Touche Turtle, so getting Dum Dum meant I would've gone out and immediately got Touche Turtle (because that's how I am) and I didn't wanna cave and spend that much this week.

And what is with the Target stuff? I know some of it went up but I'm looking mainly for Baby Audrey and Flocked Baloo.

I'm surprised not everything came up on Target. Very happy to get Tom & Jerry last night, but still waiting for Genji and Dino Ultrazord!

Gooker1

Postby Gooker1 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:34 am

drachenfells wrote:Everything went smoothly on the funko store and i managed to get everything i wanted on there. If only all cons went this well.

if only...

geraldlol

Postby geraldlol » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:47 am

So far so good for this year's NYCC checkouts. Barnes and Noble was smooth getting the GoT Creators, Beric, and Supergirl. Was able to get Great Ape Vegeta and Killer Frost from Hot Topic. Hopeful that Target releases the Dinozord online and that I will be able to get through. Toy Tokyo, that's just a good luck kinda thing lol
Fundays: 2016 - Team Deadpool
San Diego Comic Con: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
Funatics Day Out: 2018 - Las Vegas

ISO: Metallic Chase Flash ✔

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:26 pm

Kaljor wrote:
perfectflaw00 wrote:
Kaljor wrote:

That is exactly how I feel. The classic costumes would have put it over the top.

Classic costumes would have been ideal, but I still feel the need to get all Supes, and Flash being my second favorite DC character makes this pack a need, just not sure when I'll be able to afford it, haha.

Pops!- 716ish

RoboFist

Postby RoboFist » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:29 pm

I know this is technically a NYCC thread, but can we also talk about this morning's Target drops? Because I went in looking just for Baby Audrey II this morning only to discover, among a crowd of furious collectors/flippers, that my Target only got like 3 boxes of Jerry. No Dino Ultrazord, no Niffler, no Venom Loki, not even any Tom hahaha.

Just a bunch of Jerry.

In retrospect, it was really hilarious.
Latest: "BAHNEY, MY PEBBLES!"
300th: Audrey II
200th: Rapunzel (Dancing)
100th: Hoverboard Marty McFly
1st: V for Vendetta
Funatic Since 2012

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:30 pm

Got all my stuff this morning which was a relief! Snagged the 10" Dino and Niffler at Target (was supposedly only the 3rd person there to buy stuff), got Beric at B&N with ease, was 19th in line at HT and got the very last Carnage :eek: and then was the only person to buy the Dorbz at FYE haha! Thankfully nobody else was buying because they only got 6 in!
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

RobinBear177

Postby RobinBear177 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:44 pm

Nooklin

Postby Nooklin » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:48 pm

Was only able to get Captain Rex. HT kept kicking me out of the checkout when Ape sold out, then I had to re-enter everything. Then Killer Frost sold out, then re-enter. Then Dr. Who pop sold out and had to re-enter. So all I was able to get was Rex, but he is the only one I was buying for myself. Missed the GOT creator set, missed the target twins, and missed Jabberjaw.

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:55 pm

Mostly got everything I wanted this year, yay! Online seems to have gone smoothly. Disappointed in my local HT crowd, there were a bunch of flippers ahead of us that bought the max of a lot of pops. Managed to snag what I wanted, but a friends missed out on the Dr. Who pop. The people in front of us literally grabbed all of them. I asked if they'd sell us one, and I don't think they even knew what they had. Probably just bought them because they're gitd.
Image ImageImage Image

BattleExile

Postby BattleExile » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:18 pm

NastySplatter wrote:
drachenfells wrote:Pleased to hear that the Doctor Who Pop is going to be sold in the UK by EMP so at least I know I'm going to get that one.

The Funko Europe twitter account announced that as exclusive to Forbidden Plant International. They also announced it as exclusive to emp.de (the German EMP) but didn't mention EMP.co.uk.

The facebook and instagram pages of Funko Pop UK announced the EMP.de exclusives as EMP.co.uk exclusive, I don't know if they are official pages or not and don't know if that is accurate.

EMP is owned by the same company that owns Hot Topic so it makes sense they get the same exclusives, but its a bit uncertain at the moment.

Thats a bit weird as Forbidden Planet international has shut down their online store now so your going to have to get to one of their physical shops to be able to get those, and they dont have that many, I think its not more than 5 or 6 in the UK.

Mario Wario

Postby Mario Wario » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:39 pm

Besides doing well at Target today, I was able to get what I wanted online too. B&N, HT, and Amazon all were easy. Still surprised that B&N went soomthly last night for the GoT 3-pack, yet I will really celebrate once that item is shipped.
:freddy1:

scholora

Postby scholora » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:02 pm

How does the toy tokyo exclusives work?

scholora

Postby scholora » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:03 pm

How does the toy tokyo exclusives work?

Return to “Pop!”