New Walgreens Pops

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Funkopoplover91

Re: New Walgreens Pops

Postby Funkopoplover91 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:46 pm

My order still shows open. No cancelation e-mails here

ugagerman

Postby ugagerman » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:51 pm

My order is "in progress" as well:(

The Popfather

Postby The Popfather » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:56 pm

UGH!! I just got a cancellation e-mail on my other 3 tonight. This sucks!
The Popfather- Head of the Popfia!

GusGus

Postby GusGus » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:58 pm

The Popfather wrote:UGH!! I just got a cancellation e-mail on my other 3 tonight. This sucks!

It’s weird that they are canceling everything. I saw a few Franks at my local Walgreens that I could maybe grab if your order gets canceled!!

The Popfather

Postby The Popfather » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:02 pm

GusGus wrote:
The Popfather wrote:UGH!! I just got a cancellation e-mail on my other 3 tonight. This sucks!

It’s weird that they are canceling everything. I saw a few Franks at my local Walgreens that I could maybe grab if your order gets canceled!!

I sent an e-mail to their customer service asking why the items were cancelled. We'll see if I hear back. In the meantime I guess it's back to checking the local Walgreens.
The Popfather- Head of the Popfia!

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:54 am

Received one of my pops yesterday (devil), very disappointed the box is damaged all the way around. I tell you Walgreens does not care how they package pops. I just don't get it.
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

pberickp

Postby pberickp » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:53 pm

It is a bit troubling that they screwed this release up so badly. Mainly since they are in line for a lot more exclusives in the near future. Hopefully they can get it together.
Hi, my name is Erick. I live in San Diego and I love Spastik Plastik.
ISO: Luther (glow), metallic green Sam, Pulpos from SDCC Funko Supermarket, & any T-Bone other than blue and red.
SDCC 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
ImageImage

racheluhhuh

Postby racheluhhuh » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:11 pm

Anyone else have part of their online order cancelled?
:fdo92:
IG @racheluhhuh | FB facebook.com/racheluhhuh
lover of all things Disney! Collecting all the pink pieces with my awesome kiddo, and always after unpainted Funko rarities!
iso: maleficent & Disney mini protos!

Pkurtzner

Postby Pkurtzner » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:13 pm

Still looking at my walgreens, i swear they stopped carrying pops haha

GusGus

Postby GusGus » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:13 pm

racheluhhuh wrote:Anyone else have part of their online order cancelled?

Seems to be going around!!! I can maybe help with Frank if you got canceled!!

racheluhhuh

Postby racheluhhuh » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:14 pm

GusGus wrote:
racheluhhuh wrote:Anyone else have part of their online order cancelled?

Seems to be going around!!! I can maybe help with Frank if you got canceled!!

Frank and invisible man! A local funatic helped with Frank and his little flower is the ABSOLUTE BEST THING EVER haha

Seriously thanks so much for the help offer, means a ton!
lover of all things Disney! Collecting all the pink pieces with my awesome kiddo, and always after unpainted Funko rarities!

MiniPop

Postby MiniPop » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:16 pm

Anyone else have an order that hasn't been cancelled but still shows as "pending in progress"? I didn't get any updates at all cancelled or not. But I have a feeling I will eventually get the dreaded notice.
Hi, I'm Angelica
*Fan of all things Freddy Funko* :freddy1:

coopscohen

Postby coopscohen » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:16 pm

Nothing from my order shipped so expecting a cancellation very soon :(
ImageImage

RoboFist

Postby RoboFist » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:51 pm

MiniPop wrote:Anyone else have an order that hasn't been cancelled but still shows as "pending in progress"? I didn't get any updates at all cancelled or not. But I have a feeling I will eventually get the dreaded notice.

I logged on just to ask this question. I've been seeing a lot of collectors on Instagram getting their orders in earlier this week, but my order is still "pending" on PayPal. Damn, I have a feeling I'm going to be getting the cancellation email any day now, too ](*,)

I'd be a lot more okay with this if collectors weren't buying every exclusive from all Walgreens in my area before any of them even touch the sales floor. I feel like stores should stop selling items that are in the back room and not yet scheduled to be out yet. Ever since the Invisible Man Chase Race last month, everyone now knows they can waltz into any Walgreens and ask to buy every Pop they have chilling in the back. It's frustrating.

I just want my long-awaited Part 2 Jason, Funko, why won't you let me give you my money!? lol
Latest: "BAHNEY, MY PEBBLES!"
300th: Audrey II
200th: Rapunzel (Dancing)
100th: Hoverboard Marty McFly
1st: V for Vendetta
Funatic Since 2012

MiniPop

Postby MiniPop » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:53 pm

RoboFist wrote:
MiniPop wrote:Anyone else have an order that hasn't been cancelled but still shows as "pending in progress"? I didn't get any updates at all cancelled or not. But I have a feeling I will eventually get the dreaded notice.

I logged on just to ask this question. I've been seeing a lot of collectors on Instagram getting their orders in earlier this week, but my order is still "pending" on PayPal. Damn, I have a feeling I'm going to be getting the cancellation email any day now, too ](*,)

I'd be a lot more okay with this if collectors weren't buying every exclusive from all Walgreens in my area before any of them even touch the sales floor. I feel like stores should stop selling items that are in the back room and not yet scheduled to be out yet. Ever since the Invisible Man Chase Race last month, everyone now knows they can waltz into any Walgreens and ask to buy every Pop they have chilling in the back. It's frustrating.

I just want my long-awaited Part 2 Jason, Funko, why won't you let me give you my money!? lol

I had paid via Paypal as well. What I don't understand is how it is still listed as pending and not cancelled. I only ordered 1 Invisible Man and didn't mind if it was the common or chase.

I also understand your fustrations about the pops not even hitting the shelves. In my area I was told by two managers (different locations) that there wasn't a specific date to set them out or limits on the number people could buy at once. So people were walking out with full cases leaving nothing left for anyone else.
Hi, I'm Angelica

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:57 pm

MiniPop wrote:
hallowken78 wrote:My devil arrived today from the online order and then I was emailed that the other 3 were cancelled and my order was complete. This has been beyond frustrating.

:( Oh no, that's horrible. My order still says "in progress" I'm hoping it's not cancelled.

Same thing happened to me, I ordered the devil (which I received yesterday) and today I got an email saying my 2 invisible man and Jason was cancelled. Definitely a bummer since I never saw them in store and checked frequently. Later found out that someone came in and bought them all :(

Hashtaghappysteph

Postby Hashtaghappysteph » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:01 pm

Anyone get an extra Jason?

hallowken78

Postby hallowken78 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:15 pm

For what it's worth, my cancelled order was also paid for via paypal.

racheluhhuh

Postby racheluhhuh » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:22 pm

Pkurtzner wrote:Still looking at my walgreens, i swear they stopped carrying pops haha

My local carries pops. Same 3 star wars pops have been on the shelf for a year hahaha

racheluhhuh

Postby racheluhhuh » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:23 pm

Maybe they oversold on certain items and were unable to fulfill

Khearts93

Postby Khearts93 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:10 pm

I was finally able to get my hands on a Devil! It’s a great looking pop so happy I finally found one in store! O:)

Khearts93

Postby Khearts93 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:12 pm

racheluhhuh wrote:Maybe they oversold on certain items and were unable to fulfill

They most likely did oversell because some people have been receiving cancellation emails from Walgreens. :(

yanban

Postby yanban » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:53 am

Gonzo206 wrote:
yanban wrote:
Gonzo206 wrote:It's been a real task trying to find this wave, so far just seen the Jason one.

At least you have seen Jason. I literally have seen nada

Walgreen exclusive just seem to be difficult to come about.

Yeah and for some reason the ones I do see are all crushed.

binarykaos

Postby binarykaos » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:31 am

Waiting for a restock on these, I have check so many walgreen's in my area and struck out everywhere...

MiniPop

Postby MiniPop » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:09 pm

Ok, so I called Walgreens this morning and was told that my order isn't cancelled yet, they are checking another warehouse for stock...whatever that means. They are not sure when or if they will be able to fill the order. Guess I will keep an eye out at the local stores to see if they get anything else in.
Hi, I'm Angelica

hallowken78

Postby hallowken78 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:44 pm

MiniPop wrote:Ok, so I called Walgreens this morning and was told that my order isn't cancelled yet, they are checking another warehouse for stock...whatever that means. They are not sure when or if they will be able to fill the order. Guess I will keep an eye out at the local stores to see if they get anything else in.

Anybody have any feedback regarding how accurate the inventory checker is on their site for store stock?

MiniPop

Postby MiniPop » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:58 pm

hallowken78 wrote:
MiniPop wrote:Ok, so I called Walgreens this morning and was told that my order isn't cancelled yet, they are checking another warehouse for stock...whatever that means. They are not sure when or if they will be able to fill the order. Guess I will keep an eye out at the local stores to see if they get anything else in.

Anybody have any feedback regarding how accurate the inventory checker is on their site for store stock?

For what it's worth, I tried looking for Invisible Man this morning using the inventory checker and it showed they had 3-5 at the closest walgreens. When I got there they didn't have any Invisible Man, Jason or Frankenstein. The manager even checked the back. They did however, have the nightmare before christmas devil so at least I got him. Maybe others have had more luck.
Hi, I'm Angelica

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:17 pm

doctony wrote:I like Frankie!

Agreed ... Frankenstein is by far my favorite of these!
I'm Greg. My son is "RSVHockeyDude". We collect Funko products together.
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197
Funko Soda (My New Favorite): 762 different Sodas including Intl Versions
Other Funko Products (Hikari, Vynl, Wobblers, etc) = 87
Proto Count = 14 Pop (Mostly NHL; a little of Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Disney, The Simpsons); 4 Soda (NYCC Freddy)

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:39 pm

i'm in need of a Jason if any of you stumble across him and don't need one yourself.

hallowken78

Postby hallowken78 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:31 pm

MiniPop wrote:
hallowken78 wrote:

For what it's worth, I tried looking for Invisible Man this morning using the inventory checker and it showed they had 3-5 at the closest walgreens. When I got there they didn't have any Invisible Man, Jason or Frankenstein. The manager even checked the back. They did however, have the nightmare before christmas devil so at least I got him. Maybe others have had more luck.

Yeah, I wasn't expecting to have much faith in that system. Was going to make a 20+ mile trek to check one out but now I'm thinking better of it.

MiniPop

Postby MiniPop » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:21 pm

hallowken78 wrote:
MiniPop wrote:
hallowken78 wrote:

Yeah, I wasn't expecting to have much faith in that system. Was going to make a 20+ mile trek to check one out but now I'm thinking better of it.

Maybe get the store phone number and give them a call beforehand? I don't think they are like Hot Topic where they can't say anything about funko on the phone.
Hi, I'm Angelica

hallowken78

Postby hallowken78 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:42 pm

MiniPop wrote:
hallowken78 wrote:
MiniPop wrote:

Maybe get the store phone number and give them a call beforehand? I don't think they are like Hot Topic where they can't say anything about funko on the phone.

Good idea - though the pessimist in me always thinks that employees don't actually bother to check on stock in the store when you call.

Batz31

Postby Batz31 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:36 pm

What about the Spider-Man noir.

Sonic77

Postby Sonic77 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:31 pm

Love the invisible man chase, will have to search my area also want the Frankenstein.

Gonzo206

Postby Gonzo206 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:19 am

yanban wrote:
Gonzo206 wrote:
yanban wrote:At least you have seen Jason. I literally have seen nada

Walgreen exclusive just seem to be difficult to come about.

Yeah and for some reason the ones I do see are all crushed.

That, or have a cut on the box.

Instagram: whatthefunk206

Sdivirgilio7

Postby Sdivirgilio7 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:58 am

My order was stuck pending for days and finally got a cancellation email. Hoping for a restock.
:freddy2:

Pop count: 195
Favorite lines: Ad icons, MLB
First pops: Groot, ghost face

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:46 am

Walgreen's seems to be on a roll recently with really good exclusives; my favorite has to be the Light up Iron Man.
Hey there, I'm Michael and I am an Iron Man Junkie!
Iron Man POP! Collection (Production Pieces): COMPLETE
Iron Man Proto Count: 50
Iron Man Wacky Wobblers: IN PROGRESS

ISO: Gold Mark 2 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold Mark 1 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold and Silver 1/12 Freddy Stark Wobblers, and IRON MAN RELATED PROTOS

Check out my IG: @triifeckta
ImageImage

bspears82

Postby bspears82 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:15 am

Keep missing the invisible man chase :( everytime i go into a walgreens just miss it.

racheluhhuh

Postby racheluhhuh » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:41 am

Khearts93 wrote:
racheluhhuh wrote:Maybe they oversold on certain items and were unable to fulfill

They most likely did oversell because some people have been receiving cancellation emails from Walgreens. :(

Yeah on my online order they fulfilled one item (Jason) but cancelled invisible man and frank

MiniPop

Postby MiniPop » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:03 pm

Well it took long enough, but they sent me a cancellation notice for Invisible Man.
Hi, I'm Angelica

Return to “Pop!”