Is the American Horror Story line cancelled?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
TheWarDoctor

Is the American Horror Story line cancelled?

Postby TheWarDoctor » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:27 am

I am a huge American Horror Story fan, and I am gutted we didn't get any funko pops for either Roanoke or Cult.

With Apocalypse now airing, and the fact that a lot of locals/fake wokes are interested in the show again due to the crossover, we could get some funkos of characters from MH/Coven possibly?

I'd love to see a funko for Venable, Michael, Mr Gallant, Madison and maybe Constance?

I know there's someone on here that works at funko (or at least the save the dr who line thread makes me think so), so could you let us know if there is a possibility of more, or if the line is cancelled !

Also, please do not hate on any seasons in the comments as I am not about that, and Roanoke is great so.. :)

coopscohen

Re: Is the American Horror Story line cancelled?

Postby coopscohen » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:42 am

Roanoke sucked. I joke.

Anyway, as a AHS fan, I’ve been pretty bummed there hasn’t been a release since Hotel but maybe the sale numbers weren’t that great so they stopped making figures for the line. I mean I still see The Countess and Holden occasionally when I’m out shopping.
ImageImage

TheWarDoctor

Postby TheWarDoctor » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:48 am

coopscohen wrote:Roanoke sucked. I joke.

Anyway, as a AHS fan, I’ve been pretty bummed there hasn’t been a release since Hotel but maybe the sale numbers weren’t that great so they stopped making figures for the line. I mean I still see The Countess and Holden occasionally when I’m out shopping.

I mean they could surely just make a smaller quantity? I mean, this season is a good chance to make s1/3 characters people want in pop form. I would pay good money for a Ms. Venable/Mr. Gallant pop.

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:55 am

Definitely would have been cool to see a few more characters getting made, but I’m totally cool with none coming from Cult..I didn’t care for that season at all..
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:05 pm

Yeah I just finished binge watching the last season Roanoke and it was very good. I'm a bit sad that they haven't made more pops. I mean the characters range from AHS would be insane. Who know's maybe funko will make an announcement eventually. Here's to hoping. [-o<
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

zackispoppin

Postby zackispoppin » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:02 pm

TheWarDoctor wrote:I am a huge American Horror Story fan, and I am gutted we didn't get any funko pops for either Roanoke or Cult.

With Apocalypse now airing, and the fact that a lot of locals/fake wokes are interested in the show again due to the crossover, we could get some funkos of characters from MH/Coven possibly?

I'd love to see a funko for Venable, Michael, Mr Gallant, Madison and maybe Constance?

I know there's someone on here that works at funko (or at least the save the dr who line thread makes me think so), so could you let us know if there is a possibility of more, or if the line is cancelled !

Also, please do not hate on any seasons in the comments as I am not about that, and Roanoke is great so.. :)

As AHS being the highlight of my collection, I would love to see Asylum, Roanoke, Cult and Apocalypse pops. Don't think they'll happen after what happened with the Countess but here's hoping.
Yes... we're still here! Hoping Fundays 2024 will be my first! :bounce:

sushiguru

Postby sushiguru » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:05 pm

im not caught up.. on ahs... what happened to countess?

zackispoppin

Postby zackispoppin » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:13 pm

sushiguru wrote:im not caught up.. on ahs... what happened to countess?

Well I'm referring to the pop. I spoke to Brian at an event and he said that the Countess was a nearly impossible character to license because Gaga was VERY picky with them and kept turning down the prototypes Funko sent her. There have been no further AHS (or any) Gaga pops, and if I'm not mistaken, those are also the last pops from an FX show they've made.

dork_knight
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby dork_knight » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:22 pm

zackispoppin wrote:

Well I'm referring to the pop. I spoke to Brian at an event and he said that the Countess was a nearly impossible character to license because Gaga was VERY picky with them and kept turning down the prototypes Funko sent her. There have been no further AHS (or any) Gaga pops, and if I'm not mistaken, those are also the last pops from an FX show they've made.

Interesting point.

Meow I'm trying to think if it might just be a Fox licensing thing?
Bah Weep Gragnah Weep Nini Bong!
FunKlub Member:2016000002828
Funko Collectibles Count:4000+
Pokémon GO! Pokédex: 794 | Trainer Name: DorkKn1ght

A few fellow Funko Funatics and I started a podcast: http://www.buzzsprout.com/1015576
FB: Dave Metran | IG: @dork_knight46 | TW: @davemetran

coopscohen

Postby coopscohen » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:30 pm

I was going through my collection and looking at my complete AHS collection. Bummer they haven't released any in awhile.
ImageImage

Jalcmkzv87

Postby Jalcmkzv87 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:07 am

coopscohen wrote:I was going through my collection and looking at my complete AHS collection. Bummer they haven't released any in awhile.

Yea it has been a while since anything new came out.
My name is John. Aka JLO Collectibles.
#TeamOoohhhNooooo
I’m just a full time working dad trying to live my best life with my family while collecting Funko pops/protos and pins.
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:08 am

coopscohen wrote:I was going through my collection and looking at my complete AHS collection. Bummer they haven't released any in awhile.

I’m fine skipping Cult although the masks were pretty sweet when the group were in them. Need the Michael Langdon most of all from Apocalypse though :cheers:
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:43 am

Haven't seen any new announcements!

angeladominguez

Postby angeladominguez » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:50 pm

We need more. Definitely would want some from Apocalypse. After this season, I've decided that Coven and Apocalypse are my favorite so i'm down for more.

Xenomorph

Postby Xenomorph » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:16 pm

I fell off the AHS train, I really liked the first two seasons. I find there's way too many shows to watch and not enough time! I need to get back into this show.

mmmrice

Postby mmmrice » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:36 pm

thejosh2010 wrote:

I’m fine skipping Cult although the masks were pretty sweet when the group were in them. Need the Michael Langdon most of all from Apocalypse though :cheers:

I agree, the masks would make good chases. The season wasn't that memorable otherwise though.

sushiguru

Postby sushiguru » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:10 pm

I freed up some time this weekend. I plan to catch up on a few episodes if not the whole thing

Ms_CcBabeyy

Postby Ms_CcBabeyy » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:41 pm

I feel like this last season would've made some good pops to add to the series. Bummer.

Sam25

Postby Sam25 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:12 pm

Funko seems to take long breaks with pops. The problem is this makes the older ones look bad compared to newer detailed ones. Hopefully there are more to come

Loki437

Postby Loki437 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:39 pm

What was the consensus on this last season? Apocalypse. I gave the first 2 episodes a shot, but got distracted. Is it worth the commitment?
Hi I'm Brandon
Funklub Member: 3538
ImageImage

zackispoppin

Postby zackispoppin » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:14 pm

angeladominguez wrote:We need more. Definitely would want some from Apocalypse. After this season, I've decided that Coven and Apocalypse are my favorite so i'm down for more.

There'll be more when i get the FreakShow proto set ;-) lol

zackispoppin

Postby zackispoppin » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:16 pm

Loki437 wrote:What was the consensus on this last season? Apocalypse. I gave the first 2 episodes a shot, but got distracted. Is it worth the commitment?

The season as a whole wasn't very good but the first 3 and the last 2 episodes were really good. The finale was the best. The other 5 episodes just seemed like filler and were completely unnecessary.

zackispoppin

Postby zackispoppin » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:17 pm

Xenomorph wrote:I fell off the AHS train, I really liked the first two seasons. I find there's way too many shows to watch and not enough time! I need to get back into this show.

Hotel and Coven are the best. ;-)

wsm10

Postby wsm10 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:43 am

zackispoppin wrote:
Loki437 wrote:What was the consensus on this last season? Apocalypse. I gave the first 2 episodes a shot, but got distracted. Is it worth the commitment?

The season as a whole wasn't very good but the first 3 and the last 2 episodes were really good. The finale was the best. The other 5 episodes just seemed like filler and were completely unnecessary.

I tend to agree with this, my only difference being that episode six may have been the best & was really essential for the season.
Spoiler: show
Going back to the murder house filled in how Michael really began down the road he ended up going and became what he truly was.

HarryPOPter

Postby HarryPOPter » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:12 am

dork_knight wrote:
zackispoppin wrote:

Interesting point.

Meow I'm trying to think if it might just be a Fox licensing thing?

I too thought it might be a licensing thing. Although that's disappointing if it's true about Gaga.
Jenny
For more fun on IG: @harrypopter

Harry Potter. Disney villains.

Fundays 2017 :freddy1:

HarryPOPter

Postby HarryPOPter » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:13 am

Xenomorph wrote:I fell off the AHS train, I really liked the first two seasons. I find there's way too many shows to watch and not enough time! I need to get back into this show.

Same. I skipped some and the last one I watched was Hotel and I forgot to finish it. Hopefully the later seasons are just as good.
Jenny

HarryPOPter

Postby HarryPOPter » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:15 am

I'm wondering if it's because AHS has too many characters? I know there wasn't long before each season came out so maybe it got tough to keep up with it? I also find that not all of the characters are super popular even when they look really good.
Jenny

zackispoppin

Postby zackispoppin » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:03 pm

wsm10 wrote:
zackispoppin wrote:

I tend to agree with this, my only difference being that episode six may have been the best & was really essential for the season.
Spoiler: show
Going back to the murder house filled in how Michael really began down the road he ended up going and became what he truly was.

I agree on that one. It was pretty essential to the plot point.

zackispoppin

Postby zackispoppin » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:14 pm

HarryPOPter wrote:I'm wondering if it's because AHS has too many characters? I know there wasn't long before each season came out so maybe it got tough to keep up with it? I also find that not all of the characters are super popular even when they look really good.

Well they don't have to make them all. Like Coven was perfect. They got all the most important characters.

angeladominguez

Postby angeladominguez » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:42 pm

zackispoppin wrote:
angeladominguez wrote:We need more. Definitely would want some from Apocalypse. After this season, I've decided that Coven and Apocalypse are my favorite so i'm down for more.

Omg lol

zackispoppin

Postby zackispoppin » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:35 pm

angeladominguez wrote:
zackispoppin wrote:

Omg lol

Legit only missing those (except elsa and ma) and the Countess to be complete!

zackispoppin

Postby zackispoppin » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:09 am

Maybe we'll get more this year. FOX was obtained by Disney so the license will likely be easier to get now.

Spartacus

Postby Spartacus » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:29 pm

zackispoppin wrote:

That's interesting. I'm a huge Gaga fan, but that Pop does nothing for me. I have no desire to have it. :-#

Gman18251

Postby Gman18251 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:36 pm

I need the Roanoke set to made please . Apocalypse wouldn’t be so bad either
:freddy4: love Pop collecting, mainly into rick and morty , all Star Wars, GOT and Marvel .

zwahelian

Postby zwahelian » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:07 am

I love AHS and am also really bummed there haven’t been any new Pops for the last few seasons. Please give us more AHS Funko!
IG: funkh0e
Started collecting: July 2016 | Pop! Star Wars: 83 | Pop! Marvel: TBA | Pop! Heroes: 45 | Pop! Rides: 3 | Total Pop!s: 1,000+

Grail: NYCC Qui Gon Jinn, Indy's Ride, Holo Qui Gon, Flocked Wicket

angeladominguez

Postby angeladominguez » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:24 am

zwahelian wrote:I love AHS and am also really bummed there haven’t been any new Pops for the last few seasons. Please give us more AHS Funko!

I second this. Please!

digithor

Postby digithor » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:36 am

angeladominguez wrote:
zwahelian wrote:I love AHS and am also really bummed there haven’t been any new Pops for the last few seasons. Please give us more AHS Funko!

I second this. Please!

Third onto that.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Howardthepop

Postby Howardthepop » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:03 am

I love the series. This upcoming season looks like it's gonna be amazing. The previous one had some good pops that they could've made.

zackispoppin

Postby zackispoppin » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:34 pm

Gman18251 wrote:I need the Roanoke set to made please . Apocalypse wouldn’t be so bad either

YES!!! The Butcher with a bloody cleaver chase, Edward Mott, Matt, Shelby, Audrey, Rory, and the Piggyman would be EPIC!!! Maybe even a moment from where Audrey found Rory's body in the tree!?!? I'd kill for those. I have so many ideas for Roanoke pops and I'd buy them all lol

zackispoppin

Postby zackispoppin » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:37 pm

Howardthepop wrote:I love the series. This upcoming season looks like it's gonna be amazing. The previous one had some good pops that they could've made.

1984 looks pretty good. The offsite at SDCC really got me pumped up for it. I have a couple theories but nothing for sure.

Return to “Pop!”