2018 NYCC Pop Party (Fugitive Toys & Funko)

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
sree

Re: 2018 NYCC Pop Party (Fugitive Toys & Funko)

Postby sree » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:54 pm

This looks like awesome fun! I am going to attend next year! Didn't have enough posts this time lol.
May the Funko gods be with you [-o<

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:37 pm

Fugly16 wrote:
jammasta wrote:It was my first Fugitive Party and it was great to see some old friends and meeting some new. But nevertheless, i want to thank Nelson being a great host and his staff for keeping the party organized and fun for everyone. I just hope the girl towards the end that was doing the lip sync contest is ok.

I wondered that as well but I’m sure she would like to forget that ever happened

Thoughts out to her - looked like it hurt pretty bad.

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:38 pm

runtodere wrote:
Fugly16 wrote:
jammasta wrote:It was my first Fugitive Party and it was great to see some old friends and meeting some new. But nevertheless, i want to thank Nelson being a great host and his staff for keeping the party organized and fun for everyone. I just hope the girl towards the end that was doing the lip sync contest is ok.

I wondered that as well but I’m sure she would like to forget that ever happened

Also should have mentioned, though, she had the most energy of the whole night!

sree

Postby sree » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:46 pm

runtodere wrote:
runtodere wrote:
Fugly16 wrote:

Also should have mentioned, though, she had the most energy of the whole night!

Ouch. That sounds painful! What happened?
May the Funko gods be with you [-o<

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:40 pm

fugitivetoys wrote:Hey folks!

Just wanted to take a moment and say thank you to everyone who came and brought the energy. Like I always tell people, I'm not the one that makes the party, YOU guys are. I just fund it and host it. So, give yourselves a round of applause because you guys brought down the house! I hope everyone enjoyed themselves and met a lot of new friends. Build strong friendships and always help each other! Funko is family!

THANK YOU to Brian and his team at Funko for their generosity and donating some of the prizes. Him and his staff go above and beyond ALL the time. That is what sets Funko apart from the rest. They always have the collectors in mind! And, with that, Funko continue to dominate the market.

I'm a few years behind in posting pictures and videos of previous parties. Hopefully, it will eventually all go up. Due to being crazy busy, its a bit tough sometimes. With that said, here's one video to spark a memory about that night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2-4RixrJds

Again, thank you again to everyone. I hope you had a great time. If you did not, please let me know why. I'm always looking to improve in any areas where there were disappointments. I hope everyone has recovered from NYCC. Enjoy the memories created and see you next year! =)

Thank you Nelson! For my first Fugitive party I will have to say myself and my son could not have been more accepted. We are both very glad to be part of a community of people that care about one another. Thank you to everyone at the party! Now of all videos you just had to pick me. It's all good! It was a blast and will be a great memory to look back at. Thank you to all the Funatics, Funko and Nelson for a great time together meeting new friends and seeing old ones. Already looking forward to next year and watching my son try and out do his dance for this year!

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:40 pm

Just wanted to take a moment and say thank you to everyone who came and brought the energy. Like I always tell people, I'm not the one that makes the party, YOU guys are. I just fund it and host it. So, give yourselves a round of applause because you guys brought down the house! I hope everyone enjoyed themselves and met a lot of new friends. Build strong friendships and always help each other! Funko is family!

THANK YOU to Brian and his team at Funko for their generosity and donating some of the prizes. Him and his staff go above and beyond ALL the time. That is what sets Funko apart from the rest. They always have the collectors in mind! And, with that, Funko continue to dominate the market.

I'm a few years behind in posting pictures and videos of previous parties. Hopefully, it will eventually all go up. Due to being crazy busy, its a bit tough sometimes. With that said, here's one video to spark a memory about that night.

Again, thank you again to everyone. I hope you had a great time. If you did not, please let me know why. I'm always looking to improve in any areas where there were disappointments. I hope everyone has recovered from NYCC. Enjoy the memories created and see you next year! =)

Thank you Nelson! For my first Fugitive party I will have to say myself and my son could not have been more accepted. We are both very glad to be part of a community of people that care about one another. Thank you to everyone at the party! Now of all videos you just had to pick me. It's all good! It was a blast and will be a great memory to look back at. Thank you to all the Funatics, Funko and Nelson for a great time together meeting new friends and seeing old ones. Already looking forward to next year and watching my son try and out do his dance for this year!

Purplemz24

Postby Purplemz24 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:36 pm

TJLAUTERBACH wrote:

That was your boy?! Hahahahaha he was amazing! Seriously! So much fun and so full of energy!!!! Raising him right! Let him know he rocked it and I really can't wait for next year!
Yessie
IG-> Purplemz24
I play with my Funko pieces... Yes even the grails...

ISO BATWOMAN PROTOS (POP, DORBZ and ROCKCANDY Versions)

ImageImage

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:40 pm

Purplemz24 wrote:
TJLAUTERBACH wrote:

That was your boy?! Hahahahaha he was amazing! Seriously! So much fun and so full of energy!!!! Raising him right! Let him know he rocked it and I really can't wait for next year!

Yes! I'll let him know. I was kinda shocked he did it. He normally is very quite and keeps to himself. So to do that lip sync dance was crazy. Thank you and I will definitely pass it on to him!

BestDadEver

Postby BestDadEver » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:56 pm

This seems like it wouldn’t be an amazing time!! Hope to make NYCC next year!!! Congrats to all who attended.
Image Image

jammasta

Postby jammasta » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:43 pm

TJLAUTERBACH wrote:

Thanks for representing the right side of the room. Your son’s lip sync outfits was hilarious.
ImageImageImage

SuMo

Postby SuMo » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:58 pm

Looks like a fun party! Fugitive Toys knows how to do it up!
ImageImage
ImageImage

RicoSabroso

Postby RicoSabroso » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:57 am

Had so much fun.

Sorry we made such a mess with all that cake :-$

jrocksphotos

Postby jrocksphotos » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:50 am

Thank you Nelson and everyone at Fugitive toys for another awesome event I was able to attend. Got to meet tons of new faces. It was nothing but a great time. Definitely lookin forward to what is in store for the future.
SWC19/SDCC ‘17-‘19/ Pop Up SDCC ‘17/ECCC ‘18 & '19/Funko HQ Grand Opening 11AM / Funkast HQ pre-ECCC ‘18 & '19/Fugitive ECCC 18'/19' & NYCC Party ‘18/FDO8 Chicago/ Fundays ‘18-‘19/Making Fun Movie Premier in Hollywood/ Disneyland Funatics Meet-up ‘18/Conan SDCC ‘17-‘19 / NYCC 2018 / D-Con 2018 / Spooky Empire 2018 / RICC 2018 / Monster Mask-O RAID 2018

jarroyo2491

Postby jarroyo2491 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:41 am

RicoSabroso wrote:Had so much fun.

Sorry we made such a mess with all that cake :-$

Lol the staff must of been so mad.

Good lip sync performance tho.

Image ImageImage

ImageImageImageImage ImageImage Image

dtmkyle

Postby dtmkyle » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:20 pm

TABLE 12!!! Had such a blast at my first fugitive party! Was super awesome meeting a lot of you guys!

Mos_Eisley

Postby Mos_Eisley » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:50 pm

Thank you, Nelson. Sunday was rough but it was well worth it.

walruswarrior

Postby walruswarrior » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:03 pm

Table 7!!! I had a blast for my first time at a con and first time at a Fugitive Party. Just an amazingly great experience. The lip synching was phenomenal!

Coqui79

Postby Coqui79 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:51 pm

Thank you Nelson and the staff for putting a great event!!!!

This was is going down in the books as a classic lol
IG Coqui.79

A Journey of a Father and Sons

:freddy2:

slimpimp2phat

Postby slimpimp2phat » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:17 pm

aw damn, there was a funko party for NYCC? :( missed out

Lutzo1

Postby Lutzo1 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:36 am

Nelson rules!

Bushmaster51

Postby Bushmaster51 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:15 am

That was a great event Nelson. Thank you. The lip synch was hilarious.

Hqsdfan619

Postby Hqsdfan619 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:22 am

It was my first time going and it was SO much fun. I enjoyed meeting other funatics and playing the fun games and the lip synch. Thank you Nelson!!!

ETphonehome

Postby ETphonehome » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:37 am

Thank you Fugitive Toys for a fun filled night!!

Kwik_One

Postby Kwik_One » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:59 pm

Thank you to Nelson and Fugitive for an AMAZING and fun party. It was my first and I had an awesome time!

Kwik_One

Postby Kwik_One » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:01 pm

TJLAUTERBACH wrote:
Purplemz24 wrote:
TJLAUTERBACH wrote:

Yes! I'll let him know. I was kinda shocked he did it. He normally is very quite and keeps to himself. So to do that lip sync dance was crazy. Thank you and I will definitely pass it on to him!

You and your son had sooooooo much energy and it was great to sit together at the party. We def had a great group at our table. Maybe I’ll have enough courage to enter the lip sync next year!

PhunkoPhotographer

Postby PhunkoPhotographer » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:22 pm

jammasta wrote:
PhunkoPhotographer wrote:What a fun evening. Table 7 for life! (Or at least until next year.)

Hey I was in Table 7! :-)

It's Ryan here! Well, the last Ryan to arrive! lol You?

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:26 pm

Kwik_One wrote:
TJLAUTERBACH wrote:
Purplemz24 wrote:

You and your son had sooooooo much energy and it was great to sit together at the party. We def had a great group at our table. Maybe I’ll have enough courage to enter the lip sync next year!

Sounds like a plan. Yes we had a great table. Definitely have to try and get together at the next event.

PhunkoPhotographer

Postby PhunkoPhotographer » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:39 pm

I want to get a Table 7 Fugitive Party badge like all you guys have cool badges lol

PhunkoPhotographer

Postby PhunkoPhotographer » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:47 am

Nelson thanks again!

Here is an article about the event:

http://popvinyls.com/?p=48918

Kwik_One

Postby Kwik_One » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:46 am

PhunkoPhotographer wrote:

Nelson thanks again!

Here is an article about the event:

http://popvinyls.com/?p=48918

What a great article. Thanks for posting that!

geekypeeples

Postby geekypeeples » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:09 pm

Imagery wrote:
Jortega321 wrote:
Imagery wrote:Huge thanks to Fugitive, Nelson and Funko for finding ways to bring us together as much as possible. Had a blast at Table 3 and honestly can't express how much fun it is to hang out with others in the community on these occasions. Can't wait to do it again!

Hi! Jorge from table 2!

Hey Jorge! It was nice meeting you. And congrats again on the win! :)

Great post yes it was an amazing night at the party
Be well and blessed; g'journey and Keep Lovin' this Pop Life!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Fugly16

Postby Fugly16 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:16 pm

Kwik_One wrote:Thank you to Nelson and Fugitive for an AMAZING and fun party. It was my first and I had an awesome time!

Great meeting you my dude! And everyone else at table 4

JaceCD

Postby JaceCD » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:07 am

Thank you Nelson and Fugitive staff! I had another fun time. The food, games, and lip sync were awesome!
I'm Jace!
I love to attend conventions. I've been to LVL Expo, ECCC, SWC, Wizard World (Las Vegas), WonderCon, Anime Expo, SDCC (since '95), RCCC, NYCC, ComplexCon, DCon and LACC.
I collect Funko Pops and Lego.

IG & Twitch: @jacethecollector

Kwik_One

Postby Kwik_One » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:26 am

Fugly16 wrote:
Kwik_One wrote:Thank you to Nelson and Fugitive for an AMAZING and fun party. It was my first and I had an awesome time!

Great meeting you my dude! And everyone else at table 4

I may be prejudiced but I really think the mix of people at Table 4 made the night even better. I’m also glad that we got to know each other. Hope to see you at the next even!

ReggieB78

Postby ReggieB78 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:01 am

This was my first event and it was great!!! I was in Table 2. My homegirl took the main prize with her Lip Syncing. Some amazing contest to watch. Hopefully next year I get to be in one like the powder donut eating contest, lol.
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImage

kttoyco_scott

Postby kttoyco_scott » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:00 pm

geekypeeples wrote:
funkopants777 wrote:
geekypeeples wrote:
so high five fantastic you got in. Have a blast making fun with you and your cousin

I’ve been seening your ig! You’re livin your best life geeky! Have tons of fun! :love10:

Thank so warm wonderful to say. The party was a blast so glad we had the blessing to attend thank you and be well all

It was amazing meeting you all! Rachel and I met you at the Bottleneck booth on Saturday. Hope to see you again!!

Return to “Pop!”