Target Release Dates

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
MANOFACTION

Target Release Dates

Postby MANOFACTION » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:23 am

Does anyone know the release dates for Target exclusives? Seems like most are street date of 10/5. Thanks.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Strending625
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Re: Target Release Dates

Postby Strending625 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:12 am

They should start hitting stores on 10/5. You may be able to find them a day or 2 before but they might not sell them.
Brandon
Duty today for a funner tomorrow
Pops: More than my wife needs to know about lol

SithLord

Postby SithLord » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:29 am

I just went to the target by my job.. they have everything, venomized Loki, Genji, Goliath, Aubrey 2, Baloo, Monica w/Turkey... they wouldnt sell me anything. They said they are street dated for October 5. They only going to release them on that day. I asked about the Dino UltraZord... that to is dropping on October 5.

I’m skeptical. Different employees follow different rules. Fingers crossed anyway.

On a side note.. the employee seemed to think that this is a result of the Pikachu situation. They are already fearful of what is tocome on that day!

coopscohen

Postby coopscohen » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:45 am

Hoping these go online as well on 10/5 to avoid the chaos in store lol
ImageImage

Mysta_Rabbit

Postby Mysta_Rabbit » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:50 am

SithLord wrote:I just went to the target by my job.. they have everything, venomized Loki, Genji, Goliath, Aubrey 2, Baloo, Monica w/Turkey... they wouldnt sell me anything. They said they are street dated for October 5. They only going to release them on that day. I asked about the Dino UltraZord... that to is dropping on October 5.

I’m skeptical. Different employees follow different rules. Fingers crossed anyway.

On a side note.. the employee seemed to think that this is a result of the Pikachu situation. They are already fearful of what is tocome on that day!

I think they're trying to capitalize on NYCC too. Who in corporate Funko thought it would be a good idea to give Walgreens, Target, and Walmart shared exclusives? ](*,)

Mos_Eisley

Postby Mos_Eisley » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:00 am

I saw the next wave of exclusives at a store as well but they wouldn’t sell them until 10/5. If you know you can’t sell them yet, why don’t you go ahead and put them in the back?

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:29 am

MANOFACTION wrote:Does anyone know the release dates for Target exclusives? Seems like most are street date of 10/5. Thanks.

10/5 is the release date for all NYCC products at all stores.

ryusilva23

Postby ryusilva23 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:33 am

TJLAUTERBACH wrote:
MANOFACTION wrote:Does anyone know the release dates for Target exclusives? Seems like most are street date of 10/5. Thanks.

Thats not true, the first day of NYCC is October 4th, 2018 on Thursday. It's always been the first day of conventions when CON shared exclusives are available. However the Target exclusives with their sticker (not NYCC exclusives) are street dated for Friday, October 5th.

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:44 am

ryusilva23 wrote:
TJLAUTERBACH wrote:

Thats not true, the first day of NYCC is October 4th, 2018 on Thursday. It's always been the first day of conventions when CON shared exclusives are available. However the Target exclusives with their sticker (not NYCC exclusives) are street dated for Friday, October 5th.

Wow. This is the first that I am hearing this.

ryusilva23

Postby ryusilva23 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:47 am

TJLAUTERBACH wrote:
ryusilva23 wrote:
TJLAUTERBACH wrote:10/5 is the release date for all NYCC products at all stores.

Are you being sarcastic? A simple, oops I mixed up the dates would have been enough. No worries though, just not trying to confuse new people and make sure they have accurate info.

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:56 am

ryusilva23 wrote:
TJLAUTERBACH wrote:
ryusilva23 wrote:Thats not true, the first day of NYCC is October 4th, 2018 on Thursday. It's always been the first day of conventions when CON shared exclusives are available. However the Target exclusives with their sticker (not NYCC exclusives) are street dated for Friday, October 5th.

Are you being sarcastic? A simple, oops I mixed up the dates would have been enough. No worries though, just not trying to confuse new people and make sure they have accurate info.

Clarify!
I mixed up the days and thought the 5th was Thursday. Yes all NYCC stuff comes out on Thursday of any con I have ever seen. I never heard that Taget was releasing on Friday the 5th.

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:57 am

I do believe 10/5 is correct.

riceand1

Postby riceand1 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:06 am

I went to Target yesterday and they told me to come check back on 10/5.

evanbeans100

Postby evanbeans100 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:28 am

SithLord wrote:I just went to the target by my job.. they have everything, venomized Loki, Genji, Goliath, Aubrey 2, Baloo, Monica w/Turkey... they wouldnt sell me anything. They said they are street dated for October 5. They only going to release them on that day. I asked about the Dino UltraZord... that to is dropping on October 5.

Anyone know the difference between 'street date' 'set date (is this even a thing?)' 'other dates'?

I hear all these dates and none of them seem to be accurate

Rpiccioni1

Postby Rpiccioni1 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:33 am

I ran to target hoping to get the Venomized Loki. Not till 10/5.
I have seen them on EBay and Mecari already.
:freddy3:

Charger14
Hall of Fame Class of 2023
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby Charger14 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:27 pm

Seems like 10/5 is going to be a busy day
WOBBLER WANT LIST:
GROOVY GHOULIES - MUST HAVE
HECKLE & JECKLE
20" GALACTUS
DC SUPERHEROES

dboneo

Postby dboneo » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:37 pm

Just hope they go online dont really want to deal with the stores that day

eveille

Postby eveille » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:13 pm

Glad I was checking the forums I have been waiting for that Monica pop to drop, guess I'll check 10/5 hopefully they are online then as well.
Anything and everything Star Wars, yes please!

Current Collection:
https://stashpedia.com/u/eveille/collection

ImageImage

thedandotcom

Postby thedandotcom » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:38 pm

Is this including the new 10” Mickey?

Voce135

Postby Voce135 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:06 pm

My target and the one by my work also have a lot of pops in the back that they said will be available on the 5th

Fnkyeahryry

Postby Fnkyeahryry » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:21 am

I really hope stores allow guests to buy one of each design. During the ad icon release, they only allowed ONE Pop. Such a disaster. I hope they have something planned. Lol but then again this is Target lol

Ilurvfunko

Postby Ilurvfunko » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:24 am

Our target go-to-guy said they’ll definitely be out on 10/05! Crossing my fingers for this coz they always say that then on the day they’ll be like “sorry we couldn’t find the box”

Ilurvfunko

Postby Ilurvfunko » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:26 am

While funko hunting, I met an ex-target employee who told me that there actually no release street date, it’s just the managers that are making those things up. But then again they’re basically the boss. Fingers crossed the drop will go smoothly with the new ones coming out

pberickp

Postby pberickp » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:39 am

What's crazy is I think the NYCC exclusives are set to release on 10/4. Do you think Target will release NYCC stuff (Gearhead) on 10/4 but sell all the other stuff on 10/5. My guess is some stores will wait til 10/5 for all of it.
Hi, my name is Erick. I live in San Diego and I love Spastik Plastik.
ISO: Luther (glow), metallic green Sam, Pulpos from SDCC Funko Supermarket, & any T-Bone other than blue and red.
SDCC 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
ImageImage

ryusilva23

Postby ryusilva23 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:39 am

pberickp wrote:What's crazy is I think the NYCC exclusives are set to release on 10/4. Do you think Target will release NYCC stuff (Gearhead) on 10/4 but sell all the other stuff on 10/5. My guess is some stores will wait til 10/5 for all of it.

I saw a post that Gearhead has a shelf date of 10/5, I don't know if people will try to go on 10/4 and ask Target employees to sell Gearhead to them. If Target enforces the date for Friday, 10/5 then everything will be sold on that day. I'm not a fan of Target at all when it comes to exclusives because none of them are consistent with how they are supposed to release Funko product. Most employees will not put them out, or you get Target's that have no clue.

Long story short, assume Gearhead (and any other NYCC shared exclusives with Target) will be a part of the 10/5 release of all their exclusives. I would still talk to someone who works in the department where the Funko pops are located and ask when Gearhead will be put out for sale.

Avengers74

Postby Avengers74 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:44 am

I have read on other sites that Target has changed their street date policy so that no stores will sell before that date by coding the item DPCI so that if someone tries to sell it early it prevents them in the register. I guess some people have found them to have them taken back by the employees and told it was on the floor by accident. At least this would give some consistency to all stores instead of the random stores selling early and others waiting until that date.

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:12 pm

5th October is gonna be a dreaded day for Target employees. I can hear the yelling already! :D
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

franzsy0519

Postby franzsy0519 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:28 pm

Avengers74 wrote:I have read on other sites that Target has changed their street date policy so that no stores will sell before that date by coding the item DPCI so that if someone tries to sell it early it prevents them in the register. I guess some people have found them to have them taken back by the employees and told it was on the floor by accident. At least this would give some consistency to all stores instead of the random stores selling early and others waiting until that date.

I've heard of this change, but wouldn't one be able to maybe bypass this via self-checkout? It'll probably ring out at the counter but if you're lucky, you might be able to bring it out lol
Funko Funatic Philippines since Oct. 2013 \:D/

tvandcoffee

Postby tvandcoffee » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:32 pm

Is the I Love Lucy exclusive set for 10/5 also?

fischmioli
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby fischmioli » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:40 pm

10/5 will be interesting. I’ve seen local Targets that have the 10” DinoZord out for purchase already. Seems like we are in for the normal Target shenanigans.
Zach or Fisch

pberickp

Postby pberickp » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:44 pm

ryusilva23 wrote:
pberickp wrote:What's crazy is I think the NYCC exclusives are set to release on 10/4. Do you think Target will release NYCC stuff (Gearhead) on 10/4 but sell all the other stuff on 10/5. My guess is some stores will wait til 10/5 for all of it.

I saw a post that Gearhead has a shelf date of 10/5, I don't know if people will try to go on 10/4 and ask Target employees to sell Gearhead to them. If Target enforces the date for Friday, 10/5 then everything will be sold on that day. I'm not a fan of Target at all when it comes to exclusives because none of them are consistent with how they are supposed to release Funko product. Most employees will not put them out, or you get Target's that have no clue.

Long story short, assume Gearhead (and any other NYCC shared exclusives with Target) will be a part of the 10/5 release of all their exclusives. I would still talk to someone who works in the department where the Funko pops are located and ask when Gearhead will be put out for sale.

That's what I figured. Thanks for the info.
Hi, my name is Erick. I live in San Diego and I love Spastik Plastik.
ISO: Luther (glow), metallic green Sam, Pulpos from SDCC Funko Supermarket, & any T-Bone other than blue and red.
SDCC 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
ImageImage

GeekyFinds

Postby GeekyFinds » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:42 pm

Went to a target today looking to Venom Loki and they did in fact have them just street dated till the 5th so yeah...won't be getting that one in store
You can call me....Ryan :wwe5:
ImageImage

Pop-n-Chuey

Postby Pop-n-Chuey » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:08 pm

The lines are gunna be crazy long that day. I wonder if Targets going to do all their releases like that from now on. :-k

Batz31

Postby Batz31 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:46 pm

I'll just wait for them to go online.

SithLord

Postby SithLord » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:06 am

Sooooo heated right now!
So like I said before in this thread. I am more than skeptical that these exclusives will last till October 5, and what do you know, it appears that they didn’t!!!
I have been checking popfindr every morning. It hasnt failed me. Friday morning it showed that the Target by my job had 6 of almost everything. I went to the store and saw the inventory employee counting the pops and they did in fact have 6 of everything. Now popfindr is showing they have 0!!!! WTF!!!

I going to go by when they open up to confirm. I am hoping that they just took it out of the system to stop people from asking but I doubt thats the case. This would be the third time they told me one thing and they sold it a day or two later!

The Popfather

Postby The Popfather » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:56 am

SithLord wrote:Sooooo heated right now!
So like I said before in this thread. I am more than skeptical that these exclusives will last till October 5, and what do you know, it appears that they didn’t!!!
I have been checking popfindr every morning. It hasnt failed me. Friday morning it showed that the Target by my job had 6 of almost everything. I went to the store and saw the inventory employee counting the pops and they did in fact have 6 of everything. Now popfindr is showing they have 0!!!! WTF!!!

I going to go by when they open up to confirm. I am hoping that they just took it out of the system to stop people from asking but I doubt thats the case. This would be the third time they told me one thing and they sold it a day or two later!

That is the frustrating part of Target having exclusives. There has been little no consistency between stores. The bigger issue though I think is the lack of inventory. There always seems to be a demand for their exclusives, so why not produce more of them? I hope everyone is able to get what they are looking for on the 5th.
The Popfather- Head of the Popfia!

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:16 am

SithLord wrote:Sooooo heated right now!

The same thing has happened to me on more than one occasion. Go to the store and they say, sorry can't sell it and come back on this day. I show up on said day and guess what they have already sold them. This is exactly why I dislike target getting exclusives. I can take a loss like anyone else, but when it's time after time of employees not following through with what they say it becomes extremely frustrating. Now I just hope my local target actually sticks to the 10/5 date, being that there are several pops I would like to have. Unfortunately given my past experience I've learned to not be disappointed anymore :(

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:01 pm

I think I am just going to try to go online for the Target exclusives. In store they are too inconsistent and it is too hard to get what you need half the time anyways unless you get lucky with a restock. All we really want is Genji and Gearhead, not a full set of all the exclusives.

Bones Of Giants

Postby Bones Of Giants » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:03 pm

franzsy0519 wrote:
Avengers74 wrote:I have read on other sites that Target has changed their street date policy so that no stores will sell before that date by coding the item DPCI so that if someone tries to sell it early it prevents them in the register. I guess some people have found them to have them taken back by the employees and told it was on the floor by accident. At least this would give some consistency to all stores instead of the random stores selling early and others waiting until that date.

I've heard of this change, but wouldn't one be able to maybe bypass this via self-checkout? It'll probably ring out at the counter but if you're lucky, you might be able to bring it out lol

I actually tried that. Found the 10" Niffler (not knowing it was street dated for 10/5) and went to self checkout (like I always do) and it came up with a screen that said CAN NOT SELL ITEM BEFORE....

We asked an employee for help and were told it was put out by accident, they could get fined for selling it, they can't hold the item, etc.

I was fine with it (I take the Thursday and Friday of SDCC and NYCC off from work just to make the trek to as many stores as I can to try and get my shared exclusives) and told them I would be back when they release them officially.

Kinda bummed though...my girlfriend fell in love with that Niffler...

jvfly23

Postby jvfly23 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:37 pm

Yeah, I tried getting as well and they would not sell. I want that Loki
Funko collector +300

Return to “Pop!”