NYCC HBO Pop Up Shop - New Game Of Thrones Wave

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Guyhoff

Re: NYCC HBO Pop Up Shop - New Game Of Thrones Wave

Postby Guyhoff » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:06 pm

Need Theon and regular sized icy veserion.
Terry
Cleveland, OH
YouTube: Headless Ned Stark
https://linktr.ee/headlessnedstark

SDCC - 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023, 2024

NYCC - 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022, 2023

SW Celebration - 2019, 2022

Funko Fundays - 2023

Fright Night - 2022

The Ebony Blade

Postby The Ebony Blade » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:43 pm

yeah Metallic link is down. Most likely not coming back up

weird888

Postby weird888 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:12 pm

They would restock randomly but only in small amounts and anyone who was sitting at the cart page could grab them fast. My page monitor went off at least a dozen times during the past week and it was always sold out at the checkout page when I refreshed (to clarify I was monitoring the checkout page).

theoneupper02

Postby theoneupper02 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:11 pm

weird888 wrote:They would restock randomly but only in small amounts and anyone who was sitting at the cart page could grab them fast. My page monitor went off at least a dozen times during the past week and it was always sold out at the checkout page when I refreshed (to clarify I was monitoring the checkout page).

Damn, that is smart. I got it to cart a few times but never thought to monitor the cart...sadness...
Bobby

ISO: High end GOT and DBZ

Image Image Image

weird888

Postby weird888 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:24 pm

theoneupper02 wrote:
weird888 wrote:They would restock randomly but only in small amounts and anyone who was sitting at the cart page could grab them fast. My page monitor went off at least a dozen times during the past week and it was always sold out at the checkout page when I refreshed (to clarify I was monitoring the checkout page).

Damn, that is smart. I got it to cart a few times but never thought to monitor the cart...sadness...

It was super frustrating on the first day to refresh the page and try to click the complete order button only to come back to the "Sold Out" cart. lol

theoneupper02

Postby theoneupper02 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:33 am

I just hope this goes up on some other site....
Bobby

Image Image Image

tigsabud1

Postby tigsabud1 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:51 am

Managed to snag Bran, Yara, and Gendry at the HBO Shop in NY today. I got the last Gendry, but they had plenty left of Yara and Bran. Said they'd be getting restocks of Varys and COTF soon.

I really like the ones I got! Yara and Bran have some really nice detail to them. Can't get Bran to stand up (no pun intended). He's a little top heavy, and with the wheels, he just topples backward. Have to lean him against something.
:dkjoker1:

tigsabud1

Postby tigsabud1 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:33 pm

Found Varys and COF at the HBO shop yesterday. Both figures are really great- the paint on the COF is amazing, especially the hair, and having sculpted designs on Varys' robe is a nice surprise. With the full wave in hand, I gotta say, it's a really solid wave! Hoping the selection of new characters continues into the next wave- bring on Theon, please!
:dkjoker1:

2017fanatic

Postby 2017fanatic » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:25 pm

Got my Metallic COTF in the mail yesterday (unfortunately ebay prices) but I had to have it! Can't wait for the next season!
Funatic of all things Funko!!

yanban

Postby yanban » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:58 pm

weird888 wrote:
theoneupper02 wrote:

It was super frustrating on the first day to refresh the page and try to click the complete order button only to come back to the "Sold Out" cart. lol

Agree. It was terrible

yanban

Postby yanban » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:59 pm

The Ebony Blade wrote:yeah Metallic link is down. Most likely not coming back up

I read this and thought they restocked. Almost cried

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:15 pm

Seen a couple of posts about metallic CoTF and it looks super duper fine.Too bad I missed out on the release and restocks :(
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

Yassiefay4

Postby Yassiefay4 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:45 pm

yanban wrote:
The Ebony Blade wrote:yeah Metallic link is down. Most likely not coming back up

:( so sad I missed out on this too

FunkoFresh253

Postby FunkoFresh253 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:21 am

the metallic cotf is so nice. Too bad the release was lame. This’ll turn to grail level if no more release ever.

Anyway Beric is really cool out the box. The translucent sword is so good. Hopefully he returns next season. Can’t tell if he died end of last season
Team Goonies! Team Pop Protectors! Team Lumberjacks!Image

julseyme

Postby julseyme » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:28 am

FunkoFresh253 wrote:Anyway Beric is really cool out the box. The translucent sword is so good. Hopefully he returns next season. Can’t tell if he died end of last season

Yes, one of my favorite Pops! The fire, the eye patch, the scars... he looks awesome!

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:47 am

Yassiefay4 wrote:
yanban wrote:

I revisit this thread daily hoping to see a restock, but at this point I'm starting to think I'm a sucker for punishment lol I'm sad I missed out on the metallic CotF :(

yanban

Postby yanban » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:14 am

FunkoFresh253 wrote:the metallic cotf is so nice. Too bad the release was lame. This’ll turn to grail level if no more release ever.

Anyway Beric is really cool out the box. The translucent sword is so good. Hopefully he returns next season. Can’t tell if he died end of last season

I have to think that they are going to restock. Hopefully.

yanban

Postby yanban » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:15 am

Boymom4 wrote:
Yassiefay4 wrote:
yanban wrote:I read this and thought they restocked. Almost cried

I revisit this thread daily hoping to see a restock, but at this point I'm starting to think I'm a sucker for punishment lol I'm sad I missed out on the metallic CotF :(

That is why I am here too!

ryusilva23

Postby ryusilva23 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:24 am

HBO has always been merciless when it comes to releases, it's always unannounced to the general public. If you subscribed to their newsletter, that didn't help much either. The bots seem to have the market cornered with HBO store online.

GetLostYouPsycho

Postby GetLostYouPsycho » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:42 am

Boymom4 wrote:
Yassiefay4 wrote:

Same. I can only hope that it becomes like the translucent Night King and eventually drops to a far more reasonable price.

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:50 am

GetLostYouPsycho wrote:
Boymom4 wrote:
Yassiefay4 wrote:

Same. I can only hope that it becomes like the translucent Night King and eventually drops to a far more reasonable price.

We can certainly hope...right?!

The Ebony Blade

Postby The Ebony Blade » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:09 am

Boymom4 wrote:
Yassiefay4 wrote:

It is an amazing pop. I was lucky enough to score during the first drop online. One to rock and one to stock. I gave one up to a fellow collector for a Funky Phantom so I'm hoping it does restock so we can all grab at least one more time.

The Head

Postby The Head » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:12 am

I didn't realize this one was selling so high. I assumed it'd settle around 100 or so and then drop when it (hopefully) became more widely available.

theoneupper02

Postby theoneupper02 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:26 am

The Head wrote:I didn't realize this one was selling so high. I assumed it'd settle around 100 or so and then drop when it (hopefully) became more widely available.

Yeah initially it was going for $100 and I was thinking of shelling out for it since I'm a huge GOT fan but decided not to.

I know it says HBO exclusive but I bet this will show up on Popcultcha down the line. Stay strong!
Bobby

Image Image Image

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:46 am

theoneupper02 wrote:
The Head wrote:I didn't realize this one was selling so high. I assumed it'd settle around 100 or so and then drop when it (hopefully) became more widely available.

Yeah initially it was going for $100 and I was thinking of shelling out for it since I'm a huge GOT fan but decided not to.

I know it says HBO exclusive but I bet this will show up on Popcultcha down the line. Stay strong!

I hope so!

The Head

Postby The Head » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:59 am

theoneupper02 wrote:

Oh yeah, def not paying Ebay prices. I'm not buying this unless I get it for 60 or less. I've been trying not splurge for much above that anymore unless it's an OG vaulted must have.

yanban

Postby yanban » Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:14 am

GetLostYouPsycho wrote:
Boymom4 wrote:
Yassiefay4 wrote:

Yes, me too

yanban

Postby yanban » Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:15 am

The Ebony Blade wrote:
Boymom4 wrote:
Yassiefay4 wrote:

It is an amazing pop. I was lucky enough to score during the first drop online. One to rock and one to stock. I gave one up to a fellow collector for a Funky Phantom so I'm hoping it does restock so we can all grab at least one more time.

Another one I really wanted - Funky Phantom. With the lottery, con pops are so hard to get!

The Ebony Blade

Postby The Ebony Blade » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:38 am

yanban wrote:
The Ebony Blade wrote:
Boymom4 wrote:

Another one I really wanted - Funky Phantom. With the lottery, con pops are so hard to get!

They are. I saw so many people just stalking the booth at the con so it was even tough to get them by just asking people on line.

The Ebony Blade

Postby The Ebony Blade » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:42 am

So it looks like the regular children of the forest made it to Popcultcha. https://www.popcultcha.com.au/game-of-t ... igure.html

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:17 am

The Ebony Blade wrote:So it looks like the regular children of the forest made it to Popcultcha. https://www.popcultcha.com.au/game-of-t ... igure.html

I wonder if there's any hope that maybe the metallic version will go live as well?!

ryusilva23

Postby ryusilva23 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:32 pm

I was at NYCC at the HBO pop up shop. They only sold 100 COTF Metallic each day from Thursday to Sunday. That is 400 total, and if you check out the listings on just ebay... there aren't that many sold listings and ones currently for sale. Out of those ebay sales, the amount of those purchased on HBO online and at the physical location are mixed together. When the pop was sold for $100 dollars on eBay initially, if you check those sold listings and the feedback those sellers got, a good majority of them were negative because the seller didn't honor the sale and relisted it for a higher price. So those are the facts, there aren't many of these around, does that mean it will stay that way? I don't know, but i wouldn't hold my breath hoping there will be more restock coming.

strezz_dout

Postby strezz_dout » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:33 pm

I was thankful that the eBay seller that sold me mine for $100 honored the price and shipped to me after they received from the HBO shop. They were already selling for $250+ at the time so they could have easily cancelled and delisted. I’m glad to see there are still some good sellers out there.
Pop Count Total: 1,044
Dorbz Count: 87
Mini Count: 78
Last Purchase: Funko Pop Conan as Woody
Facebook Group: SKYPOP (Southern Kentucky Pop Culture Collectors)

Jalapenopete

Postby Jalapenopete » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:42 pm

ryusilva23 wrote:I was at NYCC at the HBO pop up shop. They only sold 100 COTF Metallic each day from Thursday to Sunday. That is 400 total, and if you check out the listings on just ebay... there aren't that many sold listings and ones currently for sale. Out of those ebay sales, the amount of those purchased on HBO online and at the physical location are mixed together. When the pop was sold for $100 dollars on eBay initially, if you check those sold listings and the feedback those sellers got, a good majority of them were negative because the seller didn't honor the sale and relisted it for a higher price. So those are the facts, there aren't many of these around, does that mean it will stay that way? I don't know, but i wouldn't hold my breath hoping there will be more restock coming.

:freddy3: 400 that's crzy limited number what a lucky few
:freddy3:

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:34 pm

The Ebay prices are insane. I too was hoping the price would drop. Hopefully there's a restock like the previous collector said. [-o< [-o< [-o<
Funko Funatic Shoutouts! #9
Fundays 2014◇2015◇2016◇2017◇2018◇2019◇2021V◇2022◇2023
FDO6 SF◇FDO7 Sackanda & LA◇FDO8 SF◇FDO9 Sackanda
Fright Night◇HQ Grand Opening◇Making Fun Movie Premiere◇FunKon Hollywood◇Fright Night II

Instagram: @muscleheadfunkopop #SODAWasted
Facebook: Iz Salazar

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:56 pm

Jalapenopete wrote:
ryusilva23 wrote:I was at NYCC at the HBO pop up shop. They only sold 100 COTF Metallic each day from Thursday to Sunday. That is 400 total, and if you check out the listings on just ebay... there aren't that many sold listings and ones currently for sale. Out of those ebay sales, the amount of those purchased on HBO online and at the physical location are mixed together. When the pop was sold for $100 dollars on eBay initially, if you check those sold listings and the feedback those sellers got, a good majority of them were negative because the seller didn't honor the sale and relisted it for a higher price. So those are the facts, there aren't many of these around, does that mean it will stay that way? I don't know, but i wouldn't hold my breath hoping there will be more restock coming.

Wonder how many ended up online. Saw a local collector receiving a shipment of 3
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

yanban

Postby yanban » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:06 am

The Ebony Blade wrote:
yanban wrote:
The Ebony Blade wrote:

They are. I saw so many people just stalking the booth at the con so it was even tough to get them by just asking people on line.

Yes, and I am very not good at asking people in line to get one for me. I hate when people do that to me and especially knowing how much some of these can be sold for, I hate taking one from them.

The Head

Postby The Head » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:38 am

KidMarvel wrote:
Jalapenopete wrote:

Wonder how many ended up online. Saw a local collector receiving a shipment of 3

It would be odd for it to be that limited and funko (or someone) not to say anything. Funko has hyped up rarity for pops far less limited than this so I find it hard to believe there are so few. Facts are facts though so maybe they decided to stop hyping up rare figures that aren't numbered.

ryusilva23

Postby ryusilva23 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:51 am

The Head wrote:
KidMarvel wrote:
Jalapenopete wrote:

It would be odd for it to be that limited and funko (or someone) not to say anything. Funko has hyped up rarity for pops far less limited than this so I find it hard to believe there are so few. Facts are facts though so maybe they decided to stop hyping up rare figures that aren't numbered.

The Blue Chrome Batman from Toy Tokyo is not numbered, look what that pop is going for now. Numbered stickers compared to non numbered one means very little if the production run is still small. The COTF being on popcultcha means nothing since it's from a new wave of GOT commons. I have only the information I gained from the pop up shop in NYCC... but only giving out 100 per day for 4 days is a very small number for an exclusive that says "NYCC 2018 Limited Edition Hbo Shop exclusive" on the sticker.

The Head

Postby The Head » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:06 pm

ryusilva23 wrote:
The Head wrote:
KidMarvel wrote:

The Blue Chrome Batman from Toy Tokyo is not numbered, look what that pop is going for now. Numbered stickers compared to non numbered one means very little if the production run is still small. The COTF being on popcultcha means nothing since it's from a new wave of GOT commons. I have only the information I gained from the pop up shop in NYCC... but only giving out 100 per day for 4 days is a very small number for an exclusive that says "NYCC 2018 Limited Edition Hbo Shop exclusive" on the sticker.

I wasn't really saying anything about the sticker, just that it would be odd for the pop to be that limited and there be no mention of the rarity by anyone.

Return to “Pop!”