NYCC HBO Pop Up Shop - New Game Of Thrones Wave

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
ryusilva23

Re: NYCC HBO Pop Up Shop - New Game Of Thrones Wave

Postby ryusilva23 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:49 pm

The Head wrote:
ryusilva23 wrote:
The Head wrote:
It would be odd for it to be that limited and funko (or someone) not to say anything. Funko has hyped up rarity for pops far less limited than this so I find it hard to believe there are so few. Facts are facts though so maybe they decided to stop hyping up rare figures that aren't numbered.

The Blue Chrome Batman from Toy Tokyo is not numbered, look what that pop is going for now. Numbered stickers compared to non numbered one means very little if the production run is still small. The COTF being on popcultcha means nothing since it's from a new wave of GOT commons. I have only the information I gained from the pop up shop in NYCC... but only giving out 100 per day for 4 days is a very small number for an exclusive that says "NYCC 2018 Limited Edition Hbo Shop exclusive" on the sticker.

I wasn't really saying anything about the sticker, just that it would be odd for the pop to be that limited and there be no mention of the rarity by anyone.

I know you didn't, I was just making a point about rarity compared to numbered exclusives. Lot's of people are hoping for a restock, being optimistic is great but that doesn't help if people compare to other events about how something limited like Night King from SDCC eventually became available again online (restock). I can't predict the future, but the waiting game sometimes doesn't work out for certain things.

FunkoFresh253

Postby FunkoFresh253 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:47 pm

GetLostYouPsycho wrote:
Boymom4 wrote:
Yassiefay4 wrote:
:( so sad I missed out on this too

I revisit this thread daily hoping to see a restock, but at this point I'm starting to think I'm a sucker for punishment lol I'm sad I missed out on the metallic CotF :(

Same. I can only hope that it becomes like the translucent Night King and eventually drops to a far more reasonable price.

i hope youre right. do you remember if translucent night king restocked plenty of times? this one seems much more limited, and much more harder to get.
Team Goonies! Team Pop Protectors! Team Lumberjacks!Image

theoneupper02

Postby theoneupper02 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:24 pm

I keep checking back in hopes of new news...none yet I suppose..
Bobby

ISO: High end GOT and DBZ

Image Image Image

ryusilva23

Postby ryusilva23 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:31 pm

FunkoFresh253 wrote:
GetLostYouPsycho wrote:
Boymom4 wrote:
I revisit this thread daily hoping to see a restock, but at this point I'm starting to think I'm a sucker for punishment lol I'm sad I missed out on the metallic CotF :(

Same. I can only hope that it becomes like the translucent Night King and eventually drops to a far more reasonable price.

i hope youre right. do you remember if translucent night king restocked plenty of times? this one seems much more limited, and much more harder to get.

Would be good if someone who was at SDCC 2017 and got one at the GOT event was able to give us info. I seem to remember they had a large amount of cases of Night King and giving them away for free I believe at the SDCC GOT event (info on IG and twitter that I am recalling). The Metallic COTF wasn't a giveaway, you had to purchase it... and there weren't many. 400 total for NYCC HBO pop up shop in New York City.

Edit: Just googled SDCC 2017 unofficial blog Game of Thrones "Winter is Here" experience. They were in fact given to all people who participated (prioritizing SDCC badge holders).

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:33 pm

At this rate CoTF without further online restocks, COTF will definitely go down the route of Blue Chrome Batman
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:39 pm

KidMarvel wrote:At this rate CoTF without further online restocks, COTF will definitely go down the route of Blue Chrome Batman

I will have to agree with you on this one. I definitely thought they would restock by now. I had a opportunity to wait and get one on Sunday at the HBO store but did not want to wait 10 hours. It is a cool pop just not into waiting forever for it.

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:09 pm

Only did a 5am queue for shared convention exclusive pops twice and it took almost everything out of me already. Cant imagine any earlier.
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

The Head

Postby The Head » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:06 pm

ryusilva23 wrote:I know you didn't, I was just making a point about rarity compared to numbered exclusives. Lot's of people are hoping for a restock, being optimistic is great but that doesn't help if people compare to other events about how something limited like Night King from SDCC eventually became available again online (restock). I can't predict the future, but the waiting game sometimes doesn't work out for certain things.

100% right, the waiting game is always a risk. As is biting on something that may be way overpriced. The waiting game is def worth it to me because I'm not paying 250+ for this pop. I'm one of those being optimistic. If that means I never get it, so be it.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:56 am

The Head wrote:
ryusilva23 wrote:I know you didn't, I was just making a point about rarity compared to numbered exclusives. Lot's of people are hoping for a restock, being optimistic is great but that doesn't help if people compare to other events about how something limited like Night King from SDCC eventually became available again online (restock). I can't predict the future, but the waiting game sometimes doesn't work out for certain things.

100% right, the waiting game is always a risk. As is biting on something that may be way overpriced. The waiting game is def worth it to me because I'm not paying 250+ for this pop. I'm one of those being optimistic. If that means I never get it, so be it.

What is tough to know is when to buy. If you bought the preorders or the first ones that came out from people in line you were only paying $100. You might think oh it will come down but you never know and for this one it didn't.
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:10 am

Looking forward to getting this new wave and also hoping the metallic one is similar to the SDCC Night King with tons of restocks at Popcultcha lol
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:25 am

CaseyJones14 wrote:Looking forward to getting this new wave and also hoping the metallic one is similar to the SDCC Night King with tons of restocks at Popcultcha lol

Overall this was a pretty good wave.
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

philipali

Postby philipali » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:28 am

hailmary25 wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:Looking forward to getting this new wave and also hoping the metallic one is similar to the SDCC Night King with tons of restocks at Popcultcha lol

Overall this was a pretty good wave.

i am hoping for the same
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

ryusilva23

Postby ryusilva23 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:34 am

Not touching that with a 10 foot pole lol

ryusilva23

Postby ryusilva23 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:36 am

hailmary25 wrote:
The Head wrote:

What is tough to know is when to buy. If you bought the preorders or the first ones that came out from people in line you were only paying $100. You might think oh it will come down but you never know and for this one it didn't.

It's true, it's like comic book speculating... you never know what is going to be worth something and what isn't. As a collector it's important because you need to know if it's something easy to acquire or it's something limited that you need to get day one. Of course that is easier said than done with a Pop that was only for sale online and in the HBO pop up shop in NYC.

Return to “Pop!”