Prince Funko POP! Box Error

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Re: Prince Funko POP! Box Error

Postby lavery01 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:04 pm

Funny, my husband actually found an error box this morning by chance at a Gamestop.
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

jigsaw

Postby jigsaw » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:36 pm

lol purpe rain... sounds funny
SOME PEOPLE ARE SO UNGRATEFUL TO BE ALIVE.... BUT NOT YOU.... NOT ANYMORE.
ImageImage

IG: @Jigsaws_movie_room

Image ImageImage
ImageImage

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:26 pm

UrsulaLover wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
KidMarvel wrote:
I'm imagining a deadline that was way overdue and the said employee burning the midnight oil to rush the box design out!

^^^ this is probably likely bro - Although you have to realize as well Funko is producing what -- over 250k in figures a year! with several different licenses associated to said figures. I feel like the estate shouldn't be so hard on Funko and give them a chance to correct their mistakes. I'd like to see even more Prince figures produced. I feel like funko getting the Prince license may open up other artists to be willing to lend their license to get figures produced (Hoping for a Outkast set everyday.. can anyone say I'm sorry miss Jackson whooo!)

*singing at the top of my lungs* I AM FO' REAL!!!!

I'll take anything from the Stankonia album!

Took the words/lyrics right outta my mouth! Fo Real+
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

UrsulaLover

Postby UrsulaLover » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:57 pm

KidMarvel wrote:
UrsulaLover wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
^^^ this is probably likely bro - Although you have to realize as well Funko is producing what -- over 250k in figures a year! with several different licenses associated to said figures. I feel like the estate shouldn't be so hard on Funko and give them a chance to correct their mistakes. I'd like to see even more Prince figures produced. I feel like funko getting the Prince license may open up other artists to be willing to lend their license to get figures produced (Hoping for a Outkast set everyday.. can anyone say I'm sorry miss Jackson whooo!)

*singing at the top of my lungs* I AM FO' REAL!!!!

I'll take anything from the Stankonia album!

Took the words/lyrics right outta my mouth! Fo Real+

I apologize a trillion times.
You can call me Shandra.
IG: ursulalover_

Image Image

ISO: Johnny Ramone and Dee Dee Ramone Pops

XSRK

Postby XSRK » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:54 pm

Please don’t say this I preordered all my pops from Big Apple and they still haven’t shipped. Going back to amazon for preorders damn!

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:34 am

Can't say what is going on with these POPs or their future but can confirm the issue.
My pre-order from GS came in as the exclusive Purpe Rain edition lol
"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:07 am

Lovin the error boxes!

pberickp

Postby pberickp » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:27 pm

Hope they come through, I really want my glitter Purple Rain POP!
Hi, my name is Erick. I live in San Diego and I love Spastik Plastik.
ISO: Luther (glow), metallic green Sam, Pulpos from SDCC Funko Supermarket, & any T-Bone other than blue and red.
SDCC 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
ImageImage

dork_knight
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby dork_knight » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:02 pm

pberickp wrote:Hope they come through, I really want my glitter Purple Rain POP!

Same. I held off on picking up the other commons because I'm waiting for my usual pop vendor to get his in. Hope they don't cancel the line, because I've heard how strict his branding can be...I mean...for the longest time, you couldn't find any Prince content on YouTube or the internet until these recent years.

Not sure if you guys noticed, but while the Fundays livestream was up (before it got taken down), they changed out Let's Go Crazy in the intro.
Bah Weep Gragnah Weep Nini Bong!
FunKlub Member:2016000002828
Funko Collectibles Count:4000+
Pokémon GO! Pokédex: 794 | Trainer Name: DorkKn1ght

A few fellow Funko Funatics and I started a podcast: http://www.buzzsprout.com/1015576
FB: Dave Metran | IG: @dork_knight46 | TW: @davemetran

fbingha

Postby fbingha » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:06 pm

dork_knight wrote:
pberickp wrote:Hope they come through, I really want my glitter Purple Rain POP!

Same. I held off on picking up the other commons because I'm waiting for my usual pop vendor to get his in. Hope they don't cancel the line, because I've heard how strict his branding can be...I mean...for the longest time, you couldn't find any Prince content on YouTube or the internet until these recent years.

Not sure if you guys noticed, but while the Fundays livestream was up (before it got taken down), they changed out Let's Go Crazy in the intro.

I noticed and stopped watching the stream. I wanted to show someone how cool the opening to Fundays was, and then, well it was no longer interesting.

dork_knight
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby dork_knight » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:32 pm

wolvie wrote:
dork_knight wrote:

I noticed and stopped watching the stream. I wanted to show someone how cool the opening to Fundays was, and then, well it was no longer interesting.

I feel yea...once i heard that organ chime in...i got sooooo pumped!!! let's go crazy is probably my favorite prince song to dance to at soul slam (that prince v. mj party that's thrown once a year).

luckily i recorded most of it from my phone. :)

I posted a snippet of it on my IG. I tried uploading more of it, but IG wouldn't let me :P
Bah Weep Gragnah Weep Nini Bong!
FunKlub Member:2016000002828
Funko Collectibles Count:4000+
Pokémon GO! Pokédex: 794 | Trainer Name: DorkKn1ght

A few fellow Funko Funatics and I started a podcast: http://www.buzzsprout.com/1015576
FB: Dave Metran | IG: @dork_knight46 | TW: @davemetran

Kfresh

Postby Kfresh » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:56 pm

Can’t wait till this is available again
Follow me on [ig]kfresh.thecollectorguy[/ig]

FL > CA > VA
:freddy2:

Jaybrd1095

Postby Jaybrd1095 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:48 pm

Anything new with this pop? Has anyone seen the FYE glitter version?

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:55 pm

Jaybrd1095 wrote:Anything new with this pop? Has anyone seen the FYE glitter version?

No, I have it on pre-order, but have no current info. Fye is still waiting to get it. That' all they told me.

The Popfather

Postby The Popfather » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:03 pm

I am hoping the FYE glitter version releases soon. Have it on pre-order too. Hopefully they will make one of Prince on his motorcycle down the road. Would love to see that.
The Popfather- Head of the Popfia!

Joesandwich123

Postby Joesandwich123 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:11 pm

lavery01 wrote:
Jaybrd1095 wrote:Anything new with this pop? Has anyone seen the FYE glitter version?

No, I have it on pre-order, but have no current info. Fye is still waiting to get it. That' all they told me.

I really wish there was an FYE near me. Not a big fan of that shipping lol
Will Funko make Earthbound pops before Nintendo releases Mother 3?

bspears82

Postby bspears82 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:21 am

Agree dont like FYE shipping. Gotta drive like 3 hours to the nearest one.

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:35 pm

Do we know if we will be able to get our hands on the glitter? I haven't heard any updates since the initial issues and it seems as if the production on these POP! were really short.
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

Funkofenix2099

Postby Funkofenix2099 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:18 pm

PopPChulo wrote:There has been speculation that the Prince line may be possibly on hold due to the fact that there was a box error on the Purple Rain POP! - Also the FYE exclusive seems to be under fire as well. Does anybody have any information on this? - I did get my hands on a set but is it really in jeopardy of being cancelled? I hear the estate was frustrated because of the error on the boxes.

Is there any news on this ? I heard some pre orders were being cancelled but I haven’t heard anything from FYE on the glitter one

Chase Variant
Location: The wild, wild west, a state that's untouchable like Elliot Ness

Postby Chase Variant » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:18 pm

Funkofenix2099 wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:There has been speculation that the Prince line may be possibly on hold due to the fact that there was a box error on the Purple Rain POP! - Also the FYE exclusive seems to be under fire as well. Does anybody have any information on this? - I did get my hands on a set but is it really in jeopardy of being cancelled? I hear the estate was frustrated because of the error on the boxes.

Is there any news on this ? I heard some pre orders were being cancelled but I haven’t heard anything from FYE on the glitter one

There have been pictures posted of FYE’s current preorder sheet, and it is listed for late January. Popcultcha is also taking preorders for it, and they have a January release date as well.

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:34 pm

Chase Variant wrote:
Funkofenix2099 wrote:

There have been pictures posted of FYE’s current preorder sheet, and it is listed for late January. Popcultcha is also taking preorders for it, and they have a January release date as well.

Well that's good news. lol

evrythngzen

Postby evrythngzen » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:52 pm

this probably explains why it's been so hard for me to find one. Once people know that something is amiss and it might make it more valuable, they buy them all up. I just wanted to put him on my Prince shelf. LOL
:freddy3: Collector, convention manager, all around nerdy weirdo!!

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:11 pm

lavery01 wrote:
Chase Variant wrote:
Funkofenix2099 wrote:

Well that's good news. lol

That is very positive news as I wanted to make sure that i got a glitter purpe rain prince hahaha
PopPChulo

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

pberickp

Postby pberickp » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:27 pm

Yes! Very happy to hear are going to be delivered in January, right around the same time as the Freddy Mercury POP! as well. Crazy thing is I never searched for the non-glitter version that ended up being an error, figured I had already pre-ordered the glitter version from FYE. Got the 3rd eye girl and around the world in a day POP!'s as soon as they came out, but didn't try for purple rain. Now I wish I had tried to get the regular version as well since that one will probably end up being the rarest.
Hi, my name is Erick. I live in San Diego and I love Spastik Plastik.
ISO: Luther (glow), metallic green Sam, Pulpos from SDCC Funko Supermarket, & any T-Bone other than blue and red.
SDCC 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
ImageImage

MrSmileyFace

Postby MrSmileyFace » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:36 pm

KidMarvel wrote:Aww man I do hope they keep the license and give Funko a chance to correct it. I could definitely do with more Prince :)

There are some boxes that does have the word “Purple”... personally it’s fake hype by a flipper. I know that Prince would not have approve this error, but now that he has passed away, the estate of Prince which is likely his family, wouldn’t likely lose the royalty or revenue with the sale of his pops.. imo
- Ray
Instagram: grail_collector
Funko funatic Rookie of the Year nominee 2019

ImageImage

Karebear101083

Postby Karebear101083 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:24 am

Wait they didn't call it, "When doves cry."

tugzy23

Postby tugzy23 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:46 pm

I luckily copped one with error in store, Purpe Rain LOL!!

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:16 pm

MrSmileyFace wrote:
KidMarvel wrote:Aww man I do hope they keep the license and give Funko a chance to correct it. I could definitely do with more Prince :)

There are some boxes that does have the word “Purple”... personally it’s fake hype by a flipper. I know that Prince would not have approve this error, but now that he has passed away, the estate of Prince which is likely his family, wouldn’t likely lose the royalty or revenue with the sale of his pops.. imo

Eh - I don't think the estate is down.
PopPChulo

FunkoFresh253

Postby FunkoFresh253 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:26 pm

tugzy23 wrote:I luckily copped one with error in store, Purpe Rain LOL!!

nice ! recently? its a hot pop. glad theyre getting things figured out. ive been waiting for awhile.
Team Goonies! Team Pop Protectors! Team Lumberjacks!Image

tugzy23

Postby tugzy23 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:48 pm

Yes it was recently.

Jmedina4542

Postby Jmedina4542 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:16 pm

This was no mistake. ☺️
:freddy3: Skateboarding Geocaching Pop Collector

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:41 pm

Jmedina4542 wrote:This was no mistake. ☺️

Maybe we actually get the motorcycle pop ride now.
PopPChulo

lrienaeds

Postby lrienaeds » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:06 pm

I found a correctly spelled Purple Rain Pop at Hot Topic on the way home from work today.

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:25 pm

These are beginning to be printed again so you should see them in stores once again.
PopPChulo

Return to “Pop!”