Rareware Pops!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
SpongeTheSquid

Rareware Pops!

Postby SpongeTheSquid » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:22 pm

Chances are if you've ever played video games before, you've seen one of Rare's games. They've been around for over 30 years and have a huge catalog of memorable and iconic characters. However, there hasn't been a lot of merchandise in the past for their characters.

This year marks the 20th anniversary of Banjo-Kazooie, and we're already seeing a ton of merchandise including a high-end statue, Amiibo-like figurines (Conker included), and a stylized plush.

Funko currently has a great relationship with Microsoft. Halo, Minecraft, and Gears of War are all licenses Funko has worked with before. The later eve getting a Funko inspired mobile game shown off at E3. There's quite the amount of IPs under Rare that would translate well as Pops. Banjo-Kazooie, Conker, Battletoads, Killer Instinct, Perfect Dark,Viva Pinata, and Sea of Thieves just to name the most well known. Personally, a line like this would the holy grail of Funko products for me.

With all the recent merch coming for Banjo this year, I hope one day Funko can reach a deal with Rare.
Last edited by SpongeTheSquid on Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

CaseyJones14
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Re: Rareware Pops!

Postby CaseyJones14 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:41 pm

Battletoads Pops would be a dream come true!

Funko is pretty good at releasing Pops for anniversaries so hopefully we do see a Banjo Pop that would be pretty awesome.
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram

SpongeTheSquid

Postby SpongeTheSquid » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:26 am

CaseyJones14 wrote:Battletoads Pops would be a dream come true!

Funko is pretty good at releasing Pops for anniversaries so hopefully we do see a Banjo Pop that would be pretty awesome.

Agreed. I would love to see one for Banjo. I've seen a few good customs in the past.

ImageImageImage

LakerSpartan117

Postby LakerSpartan117 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:36 am

I've been hoping for this idea to make it to Funko for a long time... I would LOVE a Banjo-Kazooie and Conker POP! line. I mean Banjo alone would make my life as a Funko POP! collector so much more fulfilling. Banjo-Kazooie, Mumbo, Tooty, Gruntilda, and Bottles for the 1st series. Conker, Berri, Panther King, Prof. Von Kriplespac for Series 1.

I mean they have so many possibilities with Rare's IPs. As you said, Microsoft has a pretty good working relationship with Funko (Halo, Gears, Minecraft). It's my hope that these series get some more love (still waiting on their eventual return to the gaming world). Viva Piñata would also be a flavorful line for Funko to invest in too (honestly the game is a hidden gem).

Come on, Funko! Please make it happen!!

Last edited by LakerSpartan117 on Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place and I don’t care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard ya hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward."
:brilsmurf:

emoagogo

Postby emoagogo » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:27 pm

YESss banjo and conker pops would be amazing!!!
If only rare still had donkey kong....
Emo or Emilio is fine.
ISO: Pixar Protos
IG: emoagogo

Chase Variant
Location: The wild, wild west, a state that's untouchable like Elliot Ness

Postby Chase Variant » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:33 pm

A 10 inch Great Mighty Poo? [-o<

SpongeTheSquid

Postby SpongeTheSquid » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:35 pm

Chase Variant wrote:A 10 inch Great Mighty Poo? [-o<

Would buy that with zero hesitation.
ImageImageImage

Gonzo206

Postby Gonzo206 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:46 am

SpongeTheSquid wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:Battletoads Pops would be a dream come true!

Agreed. I would love to see one for Banjo. I've seen a few good customs in the past.

Those are pretty good customs, I would love to see an official Funko concept art!

Instagram: whatthefunk206

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:47 am

I've played almost all of these games and loved them. I would be so happy to see them as pops.
ImageImage
I'm Julian. GO BUCKEYES!! CHECK OUT MY HIP-HOP REVIEWS! https://thirstkey.com/
ISO: CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, NEW BIGGIE PROTOS, TOY TOKYO B.I.G.

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:02 pm

Battletoads!!

N POP

Postby N POP » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:05 pm

How about a 64 bit version of Oddjob?

SpongeTheSquid

Postby SpongeTheSquid » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:46 pm

N POP wrote:How about a 64 bit version of Oddjob?

That would be awesome! If Funko ever does acquire a license from Rare, I know for a fact I'd have to buy one of the current James Bond pops to go in my collection.
ImageImageImage

ldfm

Postby ldfm » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:25 pm

I've asked for (at least) Banjo-Kazooie several times! Think I suggested them for a Mystery Mini's line as well. They could probably do Rare theme, a la Best of Bethesda even!

And from their Twitter recently:
As you may have seen, Banjo-Kazooie and Conker figures are both joining the Totaku range soon, and you can look forward to an adorable Banjo-Kazooie Stubbins plushie too! Better yet, we're making plans for a Rare online store with plenty more where those came from. Stay tuned...

Even if there isn't anything Funko, I'm excited to possibly see more Rare merch!
ImageImageImageImage
Major Want: entire Cuphead Mystery Minis set
License Wishlist: Alan Wake, Banjo-Kazooie, Fallout New Vegas, Star Wars KOTOR

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:05 pm

I remember the pinata guys! I think a line like this could do great off the nostalgia factor alone!
Image ImageImage

StarWarsFunkoGirl

Postby StarWarsFunkoGirl » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:50 pm

Some would look great as 8 bit

Return to “Pop!”