New production runs of old pops

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
OldDirtyBot

New production runs of old pops

Postby OldDirtyBot » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:01 am

I don't really know exactly how it works since I've only been collecting a few months now but I take it older non-vaulted pops get produced randomly. Like the Robin chase I found at Target a couple of weeks ago (blew my mind) and I'm guessing with the Wonder Woman (haven't seen the chase) I'm seeing on shelves now. I also see online sellers listed restocks of newer sold out pops like the Deku Battle coming soon. Is there anyway tracking for what pops are getting reproduced when by Funko? I am guessing stores get order forms so there must be some information out there. Thx for any info.

TheHapaOne

Re: New production runs of old pops

Postby TheHapaOne » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:06 am

Robin is definitely not vaulted and I don't believe Wonder Woman is either. A lot of sites will say a pop is vaulted without Funko ever saying it is. If you check The Funko Vault I think those are the only verified vaulted pops.

Deku Battle is a weird case as it was originally thought to be a limited run and usually those don't come back but I think the demand and growing popularity of the show forced some hands.

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:01 am

DC pops are still produced, even the older ones. Possibly because they are highly recognizable hero figures, and easy to get new collectors on board.

theoneupper02

Postby theoneupper02 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:32 am

I recently saw Tenya was vaulted so I emailed EE regarding my pre-order. They said that the pop is indeed no longer available for purchase but they believe Funko will fulfill the previously placed orders. Crossing my finger here...
Bobby

ISO: High end GOT and DBZ

Image Image Image

KryptonianRed

Postby KryptonianRed » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:03 pm

It’s crazy that chase flash l, for example is still produced, yet still higher priced. It only irritates me because I still need one lol

lcarus83

Postby lcarus83 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:04 pm

I need a chase Gremlin still. 5 years of collecting ive never seen one
Holy Grails: Riddler, Penguin, Two-Face, Hawkman, Martian Manhunter, Logan

ryusilva23

Postby ryusilva23 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:31 pm

theoneupper02 wrote:I recently saw Tenya was vaulted so I emailed EE regarding my pre-order. They said that the pop is indeed no longer available for purchase but they believe Funko will fulfill the previously placed orders. Crossing my finger here...

Did they send you a cancellation email? When did you place the order? My order was placed Augusts 2nd, 2018 and I just got the cancellation email today.

JJLecaros

Postby JJLecaros » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:55 pm

the dc chases never got vaulted though.......deku is a store exclusive and if the store wants to produce more its up to them

Kaljor

Postby Kaljor » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:19 pm

KryptonianRed wrote:It’s crazy that chase flash l, for example is still produced, yet still higher priced. It only irritates me because I still need one lol

That is because the Flash chase is a 1 in 36. The majority of the newer chases are 1 in 6, and so, since they are easier to find their value is pretty low.
My Name is Ernie

Batz31

Postby Batz31 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:28 pm

I wish I could find a Robin chase or any DC chase for that matter. I've been lucky and was able to get the batman and wonder woman chase for a good price.

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:06 pm

lcarus83 wrote:I need a chase Gremlin still. 5 years of collecting ive never seen one

You and me both...I feel your pain lol

KryptonianRed

Postby KryptonianRed » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:21 pm

Kaljor wrote:
KryptonianRed wrote:It’s crazy that chase flash l, for example is still produced, yet still higher priced. It only irritates me because I still need one lol

That is because the Flash chase is a 1 in 36. The majority of the newer chases are 1 in 6, and so, since they are easier to find their value is pretty low.

True. I need to order some commons from amazon. Try my luck

Return to “Pop!”