Social media Freddy variants

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Techwrecker

Re: Social media Freddy variants

Postby Techwrecker » Wed May 15, 2019 4:18 pm

Social media freddy with a different shirt of different social media sites and such. It would be awesome to have him in the same pose but for like Twitter he should have a blue like the Twitter sign and have a white twitter symbol on his right side pocket where he has the funko crown at, or black shirt with a blue twitch symbol and so on. I think those would be cool to have.

funkepops

Postby funkepops » Wed May 15, 2019 4:19 pm

I love this idea!! I’m still trying to get my first social media Freddy though :(
Image Image Image

Follow me on IG: http://www.instagram.com/funkepops
ISO: Regular Tony the Tiger, OG ad icons pops

funkepops

Postby funkepops » Wed May 15, 2019 4:23 pm

I yup got f
Image Image Image

Follow me on IG: http://www.instagram.com/funkepops
ISO: Regular Tony the Tiger, OG ad icons pops

kingdingdong

Postby kingdingdong » Wed May 15, 2019 4:43 pm

Keep it the same so it drives down the price. I'll be able to afford one.

moneyhelpspk

Postby moneyhelpspk » Wed May 15, 2019 6:33 pm

By the looks of it, lots of people in this thread are wanting to win their first Social Media Freddy. I've managed to win two and am willing to give some tips to my fellow Funatics. First lets list off every method of winning a Social Media Freddy. Theres Twitter, Facebook, Twitch, Mixr, Youtube, Funko Funkast on Souncloud, getting them at conventions from the Social Media team, and finally winning it from being Funatic of the Week. Out of all of these, the gaming livestreams on Mixr, Twitch, and Youtube and the Funkast are the easiest. They are the easiest because they have the least amount of people in them trying to win Freddy. At most you have a 1/200 chance because theres about 200 people that watch the gaming livestreams every week. If you notice on places like Twitter and Facebook, every time they do a SMF giveaway theres over 10k people that join in. You can still try your odds at those, but it's unlikely that you'l win. Just be involved (heavily) on all their social media platforms and you will eventually win. Hope this helps :)

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:28 pm

moneyhelpspk wrote:By the looks of it, lots of people in this thread are wanting to win their first Social Media Freddy. I've managed to win two and am willing to give some tips to my fellow Funatics. First lets list off every method of winning a Social Media Freddy. Theres Twitter, Facebook, Twitch, Mixr, Youtube, Funko Funkast on Souncloud, getting them at conventions from the Social Media team, and finally winning it from being Funatic of the Week. Out of all of these, the gaming livestreams on Mixr, Twitch, and Youtube and the Funkast are the easiest. They are the easiest because they have the least amount of people in them trying to win Freddy. At most you have a 1/200 chance because theres about 200 people that watch the gaming livestreams every week. If you notice on places like Twitter and Facebook, every time they do a SMF giveaway theres over 10k people that join in. You can still try your odds at those, but it's unlikely that you'l win. Just be involved (heavily) on all their social media platforms and you will eventually win. Hope this helps :)

I am still determined to win one somehow. I thought I would be able to get one at SDCC, but low and behold, they don't give away SMF at SDCC. :(
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

moneyhelpspk

Postby moneyhelpspk » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:39 pm

supertoygiant wrote:
moneyhelpspk wrote:By the looks of it, lots of people in this thread are wanting to win their first Social Media Freddy. I've managed to win two and am willing to give some tips to my fellow Funatics. First lets list off every method of winning a Social Media Freddy. Theres Twitter, Facebook, Twitch, Mixr, Youtube, Funko Funkast on Souncloud, getting them at conventions from the Social Media team, and finally winning it from being Funatic of the Week. Out of all of these, the gaming livestreams on Mixr, Twitch, and Youtube and the Funkast are the easiest. They are the easiest because they have the least amount of people in them trying to win Freddy. At most you have a 1/200 chance because theres about 200 people that watch the gaming livestreams every week. If you notice on places like Twitter and Facebook, every time they do a SMF giveaway theres over 10k people that join in. You can still try your odds at those, but it's unlikely that you'l win. Just be involved (heavily) on all their social media platforms and you will eventually win. Hope this helps :)

I am still determined to win one somehow. I thought I would be able to get one at SDCC, but low and behold, they don't give away SMF at SDCC. :(

Youll get one eventually :) It took me a while to finally get mine, but I eventually did get one. And as for getting one at a con, I feel like your chances at getting one is lower. That's because theres people that will literally stalk the Marketing team at cons for when they put out a tweet of giving away a SMF so they can be the first ones there.

millone

Postby millone » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:46 pm

moneyhelpspk wrote:
supertoygiant wrote:

Youll get one eventually :) It took me a while to finally get mine, but I eventually did get one. And as for getting one at a con, I feel like your chances at getting one is lower. That's because theres people that will literally stalk the Marketing team at cons for when they put out a tweet of giving away a SMF so they can be the first ones there.

How did you get one if i cAn ask? I have been trying with no luck at all

millone

Postby millone » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:48 pm

That helps, thanks!

moneyhelpspk

Postby moneyhelpspk » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:51 pm

millone wrote:
moneyhelpspk wrote:
supertoygiant wrote:

I got one from commenting on the Funko Funkast and I won the other on a Twitter giveaway.

millone

Postby millone » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:57 pm

moneyhelpspk wrote:
millone wrote:
moneyhelpspk wrote:

I got one from commenting on the Funko Funkast and I won the other on a Twitter giveaway.

Wow twitter giveaway? Thats some luck. Well, guess ill just keep trying..

OriginalDuffy

Postby OriginalDuffy » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:30 pm

Lucky enough to have one of these and I love the design! Too scared to take him out of the box though lol
Image Image
Image Image

jyc123

Postby jyc123 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:17 pm

Hoping to get one eventually, if they ever release on the funko shop lol
Follow me on IG: @funko_collectorz \:D/
Link is https://www.instagram.com/funko_collectorz/?hl=en

I have over 500 pops, someone help!

DisneyFanatic

Postby DisneyFanatic » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:49 pm

daOCHO wrote:You mean a Social Media Freddy with an UGLY sweater for the holiday season? lol

I’m on board with this idea. I think they need to ad some headphones or something to SMF!

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:18 am

DisneyFanatic wrote:
daOCHO wrote:You mean a Social Media Freddy with an UGLY sweater for the holiday season? lol

I’m on board with this idea. I think they need to ad some headphones or something to SMF!

We definitely need this variant for the holidays. I think Freddy with an ugly sweater would be a perfect Freddy to add to the seasonal freddy part of the line.
Collecting since 2014

digithor

Postby digithor » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:30 am

A holiday version could be kinda neat, except for trying to get a hold of one.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

ETphonehome

Postby ETphonehome » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:18 am

All this talk, would be funny if Facebook or twitter have an exclusive pop lol

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:30 am

I'm sure eventually we'll see a change in the SMF Pop! But probably not for awhile...
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

ImageImageImageImageImage Image

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:12 pm

ETphonehome wrote:All this talk, would be funny if Facebook or twitter have an exclusive pop lol

That would be funny, but awesome at the same time. Maybe they should do a whole social media line with social media freddy. Make a instagram, twitter, and facebook variant.
Collecting since 2014

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:15 pm

digithor wrote:A holiday version could be kinda neat, except for trying to get a hold of one.

That would be pretty darn difficult, for sure!
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

IG/Twitter: jjb11590

ETphonehome

Postby ETphonehome » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:33 pm

nascar246788 wrote:
ETphonehome wrote:All this talk, would be funny if Facebook or twitter have an exclusive pop lol

That would be funny, but awesome at the same time. Maybe they should do a whole social media line with social media freddy. Make a instagram, twitter, and facebook variant.

LinkedIn and Myspace too lol

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:19 pm

ETphonehome wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:

I'd love to see a Freddy taking a selfie lol

ETphonehome

Postby ETphonehome » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:20 am

mongoose12 wrote:
ETphonehome wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:

That is funny...a selfie stick lol

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:19 am

ETphonehome wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:

Oh gosh the good old days of myspace. Now that brings back some memories lolz.
Collecting since 2014

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:02 am

nascar246788 wrote:
ETphonehome wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:

Oh gosh the good old days of myspace. Now that brings back some memories lolz.

Freddy in that Myspace Tom pose? Wasn't it a plain white tshirt that he wore too?

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:41 am

ETphonehome wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:
ETphonehome wrote:

lol that would be great! I can picture it now

ImranC23

Postby ImranC23 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:07 am

Would love a social media freddy with a phone or computer in his hand!
ImageImage

Funatic of the Week: March 8th 2019
Instagram:shelfofimran
ISO:Black Cat Prototype, Freddy Funko Boba Fett, Freddy Funko as Venom

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:21 am

ImranC23 wrote:Would love a social media freddy with a phone or computer in his hand!

A tablet would also be pretty cool lol

CellMiceli

Postby CellMiceli » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:43 am

They should make him wearing a hat that says like Twitter or facebook depending on the platform he is given away on!
Total Pop Count:370
Add about another 150 Funko tees, mystery minis, cereal boxes, and more!
Favorite Pop: Captain America w/ Mjolnir(Marvel Collector Corps)

LakerNation1216

Postby LakerNation1216 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:56 am

I love this idea! It would mean more participation but then again, it was hard to find even the first one haha.
Current POP/Dorbz/Misc. Funko Count:
~1,711

Updated 4-11-22

Lakers Basketball
Rams Football
:freddy3:

kingdingdong

Postby kingdingdong » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:10 am

Keep it the same. Drive down the ebay price.

r2d2

Postby r2d2 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:16 pm

kingdingdong wrote:Keep it the same. Drive down the ebay price.

Agree

Strending625
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Strending625 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:55 pm

As much as I would want to see another one I know how hard it was to get and how many people are still trying for one so I don’t know if it would be a good thing or not.
Brandon
Duty today for a funner tomorrow
Pops: More than my wife needs to know about lol

Rice71

Postby Rice71 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:11 pm

I like to see other variants but first I need to win one.
ImageImage
ImageImage

asiantonystark

Postby asiantonystark » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:31 pm

Honestly guys, as someone who has won a SMF, best thing to do to increase your chances of obtaining one is to start interacting with the Funkast crew through the various social channels. There’s lots of opportunities to get one, whether it be through the Funkast, live unboxing streams, live game streams or even the giveaways on Twitter. Keep in mind that the Summer photo a day challenge kicks off tomorrow, great way to kick start something for you to ride the momentum from! You could even win a highly coveted proto!
hey, I'm Ryan

Image Image Image

ISO: Iron Man Protos | Spastik Plastik

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:04 pm

MattyPHATty wrote:
ETphonehome wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:

lol that would be great! I can picture it now

that would be such an awesome pop. Freddy with a selfie stick in front of the HQ building would be even more awesome.
Collecting since 2014

Chernabog

Postby Chernabog » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:12 pm

Some variants would be cool, but maybe the variants would be easier to get?

swobobafett
Hall of Fame Class of 2007
Hall of Fame Class of 2007

Postby swobobafett » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:55 pm

Considering I just got mine, I'm happy with no variants.
Funko Funbae

Pinspops

Postby Pinspops » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:42 pm

asiantonystark wrote:Honestly guys, as someone who has won a SMF, best thing to do to increase your chances of obtaining one is to start interacting with the Funkast crew through the various social channels. There’s lots of opportunities to get one, whether it be through the Funkast, live unboxing streams, live game streams or even the giveaways on Twitter. Keep in mind that the Summer photo a day challenge kicks off tomorrow, great way to kick start something for you to ride the momentum from! You could even win a highly coveted proto!

I agree with you. 2 of my friends have won SMF on doing the #funkophotoaday. So interacting could get you a good chance obtaining one

DisneyFanatic

Postby DisneyFanatic » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:44 pm

nascar246788 wrote:
DisneyFanatic wrote:

We definitely need this variant for the holidays. I think Freddy with an ugly sweater would be a perfect Freddy to add to the seasonal freddy part of the line.

Maybe. Freddy holding a phone like he’s tweeting!!

Return to “Pop!”