Voltron Legendary Defender coming soon

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
SithLord

Re: Voltron Legendary Defender coming soon

Postby SithLord » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:28 pm

I just picked up one at GameStop!! Grab them while they are hot! Apparently, (at least for my area) they are only getting a few at a time!

Joesandwich123

Postby Joesandwich123 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:08 am

I found this comparison pic of the original and the new 6 inch one on reddit and the new one looks absolutely amazing.

Will Funko make Earthbound pops before Nintendo releases Mother 3?

CoachJDDesigns

Postby CoachJDDesigns » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:05 am

They really are. I have gotten lucky in store before and scored a Pop off someone else’s return after they ordered extras online that they didn’t want anymore!

Mags

Postby Mags » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:26 pm

Grabbed GITD Shiro, Pidge, and Hunk yesterday at Hot Topic. Really glad they were doing a "buy two get one free" thing lol

Ar7

Postby Ar7 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:32 am

CoachJDDesigns wrote:
Batz31 wrote:
jagpop wrote:Nice! I still have to do this. I think they are shipping them in January right? Did they charge you up front or when they ship?

They usually charge you when it's shipped.

I keep wanting to get this Pre ordered, worried about shipping, haven't had the best of luck with Amazon shipping :-k

I'm wondering if you all got the notice from Amazon of a delay on this shipment. I was originally supposed to get it delivered today but got a notice from Amazon that it was being delayed until next week the 13th. At first I didn't think much of it, Amazon does this once in a while with orders. But for some odd reason I decided to check the product page for the Amazon Metallic 6" Volton and saw there were a few reviews.

It looks like most of the people that received theirs yesterday are VERY unhappy due to lack of difference between paint of the common 6" and the not-so-metallic Amazon 6" (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07K1 ... merReviews).

Did anyone here get theirs and are you all seeing the same issues? Maybe there were so many complaints and return requests, there is a hold and check on the order? Maybe the commons were given the Amazon stickers by mistake and distributed? Maybe the metallic paint isn't super obvious? It can't be a reorder from the factory this late in the game to then turn around for a next week delivery. This last paragraph is purely fantastically conjured nonsense options to help my mind put two and two together.

Curious to see how this plays out in the next few weeks. I hope when I get mine it is metallic like the 2016 convention exclusive one. That one does have a very nice paint job.
Did someone say, Disney POP!s?
Funko Fundays 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022!

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:37 am

New Amazon metallic is fire!

MarvelPopFan75

Postby MarvelPopFan75 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:10 pm

There does seem to be very little difference between the Amazon exclusive and the regular release, so I can see where people that got both are going to be dissapointed. Had the exclusive been done as well as the 2016 version or even the glam shots people would probably not be complaining. This one is really the least metallic looking metallic variant I have seen Funko put out.
Hello, my name is Kevin Rutan

Image Image Image Image Image

perfectflaw00

Postby perfectflaw00 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:13 pm

I cancelled my order after my buddy received his and honestly the mettalic is very poorly done on this variant. I was bummed too because I wanted it to go alongside my 2016 version

RicoSabroso

Postby RicoSabroso » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:37 pm

Joesandwich123 wrote:I found this comparison pic of the original and the new 6 inch one on reddit and the new one looks absolutely amazing.

WOW that is a def buy

Joesandwich123

Postby Joesandwich123 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:42 pm

perfectflaw00 wrote:I cancelled my order after my buddy received his and honestly the mettalic is very poorly done on this variant. I was bummed too because I wanted it to go alongside my 2016 version

I got my metallic version but somehow amazon managed to wreck both the Pop box and the shipper box it was placed in.

Not sure how they managed to do that :p
Will Funko make Earthbound pops before Nintendo releases Mother 3?

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:58 pm

Spoiler: show
Ar7 wrote:
CoachJDDesigns wrote:
Batz31 wrote:They usually charge you when it's shipped.

I keep wanting to get this Pre ordered, worried about shipping, haven't had the best of luck with Amazon shipping :-k

I'm wondering if you all got the notice from Amazon of a delay on this shipment. I was originally supposed to get it delivered today but got a notice from Amazon that it was being delayed until next week the 13th. At first I didn't think much of it, Amazon does this once in a while with orders. But for some odd reason I decided to check the product page for the Amazon Metallic 6" Volton and saw there were a few reviews.

It looks like most of the people that received theirs yesterday are VERY unhappy due to lack of difference between paint of the common 6" and the not-so-metallic Amazon 6" (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07K12M6H7/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1#customerReviews).

Did anyone here get theirs and are you all seeing the same issues? Maybe there were so many complaints and return requests, there is a hold and check on the order? Maybe the commons were given the Amazon stickers by mistake and distributed? Maybe the metallic paint isn't super obvious? It can't be a reorder from the factory this late in the game to then turn around for a next week delivery. This last paragraph is purely fantastically conjured nonsense options to help my mind put two and two together.

Curious to see how this plays out in the next few weeks. I hope when I get mine it is metallic like the 2016 convention exclusive one. That one does have a very nice paint job.

Thanks for posting that link. I just went through the reviews and boy, the common and metallic look virtually the same. They did a comparison of the metallic Pop from two years ago and that's kinda how it should have looked. I'll have to see it for myself to really judge but so far it's not looking good.

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

theoneupper02

Postby theoneupper02 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:02 pm

I love the robot pop look. I hope they will make Gundam series one day...
Bobby

ISO: High end GOT and DBZ

Image Image Image

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:24 pm

Joesandwich123 wrote:
perfectflaw00 wrote:I cancelled my order after my buddy received his and honestly the mettalic is very poorly done on this variant. I was bummed too because I wanted it to go alongside my 2016 version

I got my metallic version but somehow amazon managed to wreck both the Pop box and the shipper box it was placed in.

Not sure how they managed to do that :p

The Pop box and shipper? Now that takes skill. Sorry about that.

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

wsm10

Postby wsm10 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:42 pm

jagpop wrote:
Ar7 wrote:
CoachJDDesigns wrote:

It looks like most of the people that received theirs yesterday are VERY unhappy due to lack of difference between paint of the common 6" and the not-so-metallic Amazon 6" (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07K12M6H7/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1#customerReviews).

Thanks for posting that link. I just went through the reviews and boy, the common and metallic look virtually the same. They did a comparison of the metallic Pop from two years ago and that's kinda how it should have looked. I'll have to see it for myself to really judge but so far it's not looking good.

I got mine in yesterday and I was certain it was wrong. Now seeing this thread, I'm just sending it back. This really is unacceptable, and it's disappointing to see it happen. I don't know if this falls on funko or amazon, but these kinds of issues shouldn't be happening. There is no metallic sheen to it whatsoever.

perfectflaw00

Postby perfectflaw00 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:08 pm

wsm10 wrote:
jagpop wrote:
Ar7 wrote:

I got mine in yesterday and I was certain it was wrong. Now seeing this thread, I'm just sending it back. This really is unacceptable, and it's disappointing to see it happen. I don't know if this falls on funko or amazon, but these kinds of issues shouldn't be happening. There is no metallic sheen to it whatsoever.

It falls on Funko, Amazon is just paying for the exclusivity of the item.

evrythngzen

Postby evrythngzen » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:22 pm

My BFF's daughter is gonna be beyond excited about these...she's been a Voltron girl since she was like 5.
:freddy3: Collector, convention manager, all around nerdy weirdo!!

ryusilva23

Postby ryusilva23 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:55 pm

My order was just shipped so I'll be getting the Amazon exclusive tomorrow. I will compare it to the regular 6" Pop and if I have the same issue that other's are having, I will return it as well. What's the point of having it if it's not metallic as advertised? This is similar to the problem with the Green Ranger exclusive Tommy from Galactic Toys.

volsspongebob

Postby volsspongebob » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:59 pm

I just got mine in and after seeing this thread I pulled mine out. While not the most metallic sheen I have seen mine has some. Its not as bad as I was thinking it was going to be after reading this thread.
Love to Collect the 80s stuff. Also chasing the OG Rocky Set. First Funko Purchase was 2012 SDCC.

MISSING FUNDAYS ON A DAILY BASIS!!

[size=85]Image

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:51 pm

volsspongebob wrote:I just got mine in and after seeing this thread I pulled mine out. While not the most metallic sheen I have seen mine has some. Its not as bad as I was thinking it was going to be after reading this thread.

Is the metallic similar to the Gamestop 8-Bit DC/Street Fighter Chases? Not as shiny but still noticeable?

kappait

Postby kappait » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:50 pm

jagpop wrote:
volsspongebob wrote:I just got mine in and after seeing this thread I pulled mine out. While not the most metallic sheen I have seen mine has some. Its not as bad as I was thinking it was going to be after reading this thread.

Is the metallic similar to the Gamestop 8-Bit DC/Street Fighter Chases? Not as shiny but still noticeable?

Interesting. I'll have to snag one of these. I loved this show as a kid.
ImageImage

Do or do not there is no try
Yoda '80

:SW9:
Funklub# 7225
Fundays: 2017, 2018

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:33 pm

theoneupper02 wrote:I love the robot pop look. I hope they will make Gundam series one day...

I second that..Gundam series, please!
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

IG/Twitter: jjb11590

sushiguru

Postby sushiguru » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:22 pm

so many gundam characters out there! has anyone here ever built those gundam figures?

wsm10

Postby wsm10 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:52 am

perfectflaw00 wrote:
wsm10 wrote:
jagpop wrote:

That's what I tend to believe as well, but I don't want to be seemingly just throwing funko under the bus alone. I just can't believe somebody looked at this and said "Yeah, seems like a good look. Send it out!"

ETphonehome

Postby ETphonehome » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:30 am

The metallic version looks like the regular version. The extra $10 is for the Amazon sticker lol

Ar7

Postby Ar7 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:35 am

wsm10 wrote:
perfectflaw00 wrote:
wsm10 wrote:

That's what I tend to believe as well, but I don't want to be seemingly just throwing funko under the bus alone. I just can't believe somebody looked at this and said "Yeah, seems like a good look. Send it out!"

With these responses from this group confirming, I just cancelled my order. I'll be getting the common 6" and saving a little cash. It really is a cool POP sculpt, so it's still going to make my collection.
Did someone say, Disney POP!s?
Funko Fundays 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022!

volsspongebob

Postby volsspongebob » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:58 am

jagpop wrote:

Id say that is an accurate statement.
Love to Collect the 80s stuff. Also chasing the OG Rocky Set. First Funko Purchase was 2012 SDCC.

[size=85]Image

M3lonhead

Postby M3lonhead » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:05 am

jjb11590 wrote:
theoneupper02 wrote:I love the robot pop look. I hope they will make Gundam series one day...

I second that..Gundam series, please!

A lot of people would definitely love this idea!
ImageImage

Gooker1

Postby Gooker1 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:02 pm

so much more detail in the 6in version. Can't wait to snag that one!!

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:28 pm

Gooker1 wrote:so much more detail in the 6in version. Can't wait to snag that one!!

Don't forget to get the mystery mini one if you don't already have it. It's a beauty as well.

sushiguru

Postby sushiguru » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:47 pm

the details on the 6inch version are so good. I never realized it until I saw it out of box at a friends apartment

volsspongebob

Postby volsspongebob » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:14 pm

sushiguru wrote:the details on the 6inch version are so good. I never realized it until I saw it out of box at a friends apartment

I dont take a lot of Pops out of the box but am glad I did on this one. The details, even without the hard metallic look that everyone wants, are amazing.

[size=85]Image

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:00 pm

10" voltron is a must [-o< [-o< [-o<
Funko Funatic Shoutouts! #9
Fundays 2014◇2015◇2016◇2017◇2018◇2019◇2021V◇2022◇2023
FDO6 SF◇FDO7 Sackanda & LA◇FDO8 SF◇FDO9 Sackanda
Fright Night◇HQ Grand Opening◇Making Fun Movie Premiere◇FunKon Hollywood◇Fright Night II

Instagram: @muscleheadfunkopop #SODAWasted
Facebook: Iz Salazar

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:32 pm

RicoSabroso wrote:
Joesandwich123 wrote:I found this comparison pic of the original and the new 6 inch one on reddit and the new one looks absolutely amazing.

WOW that is a def buy

Dang that looks good!
Hi! I'm Dustin! I'm addicted to Pops! and a sucker for nostalgia... my wife thinks I'm stuck in the 90's.

I'm growing older but not up
- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:05 am

dmitch86 wrote:
RicoSabroso wrote:

WOW that is a def buy

Dang that looks good!

Yes, there’s definitely more detail on the new one. Looks really good.
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

sambunctious10

Postby sambunctious10 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:49 pm

Really happy how this new wave came out! Got the whole set!

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:29 pm

sambunctious10 wrote:Really happy how this new wave came out! Got the whole set!

Agreed love these.
Hi! I'm Dustin! I'm addicted to Pops! and a sucker for nostalgia... my wife thinks I'm stuck in the 90's.

- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Gooker1

Postby Gooker1 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:35 am

jagpop wrote:
Gooker1 wrote:so much more detail in the 6in version. Can't wait to snag that one!!

Don't forget to get the mystery mini one if you don't already have it. It's a beauty as well.

ugh...don't remind me. Need to find it. LOL

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:57 am

Gooker1 wrote:
jagpop wrote:

It's come down in price substantially. Shouldn't be too hard to find at a reasonable price. I'll remind you again in a few weeks... lol

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:31 am

jagpop wrote:
Gooker1 wrote:
jagpop wrote:Don't forget to get the mystery mini one if you don't already have it. It's a beauty as well.

It's come down in price substantially. Shouldn't be too hard to find at a reasonable price. I'll remind you again in a few weeks... lol

lol love how helpful everyone here is haha

- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:35 am

I want the original Voltron now in 6 inch metallic! Make it Funko!

Return to “Pop!”