Target Holliday Friday Release

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
w00tw00t

Re: Target Holliday Friday Release

Postby w00tw00t » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:37 am

TiniTinyTony wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:
TiniTinyTony wrote:I saw a bunch on eBay where they are asking for $50 or more so get it now for $30.

Still live - 10 minutes since my last post.

selling at $50 isnt even worth it in my opinion. with the fees and shipping not sure what they plan to make $.

I agree.

Let's say they sell it for $49.99 + $5.00 shipping then eBay and PayPal take $7.39 in fees. After paying yourself back for the cost of the product plus tax, and paying eBay and PayPal, you're looking at making $15.81 in profit. At the end of the day, is it worth all the trouble for $15? Not really.

BTW, it's back to "Coming Soon" so I wonder if it sold out or it will be live again later today?

shipping something of this size will definitely cost more then $5. maybe $10 with insurance. But yes, gas and time will cut into that profit as well. but hey can't really blame flippers. like i've said before flippers help some collectors obtain pieces they can't get their hands on.
iso: marvin the martian dorbz 9"
marvin the martian whacky wobbler 20"

NightmareMermaid
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby NightmareMermaid » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:47 am

I'm thinking that next week's release may be Gloyd Orangeboar. Next week's item was supposed to be from RBtI. It would make sense too since it ties in with the film's release which is next week.
Marie
❄❄❄ Need 30th anniversary mermaid Ariel, RBtI Ariel Rock Candy, and The Oregon Duck protos ❄❄❄
#PartOfYourWorld

kappait

Postby kappait » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:49 am

TiniTinyTony wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:
TiniTinyTony wrote:I saw a bunch on eBay where they are asking for $50 or more so get it now for $30.

Still live - 10 minutes since my last post.

selling at $50 isnt even worth it in my opinion. with the fees and shipping not sure what they plan to make $.

I agree.

Let's say they sell it for $49.99 + $5.00 shipping then eBay and PayPal take $7.39 in fees. After paying yourself back for the cost of the product plus tax, and paying eBay and PayPal, you're looking at making $15.81 in profit. At the end of the day, is it worth all the trouble for $15? Not really.

BTW, it's back to "Coming Soon" so I wonder if it sold out or it will be live again later today?

This one wasn't for me. But I have been checking the availability. It doesn't look like it's up for sale anymore. I wanted to see how long it was available to gauge for future releases. Although it may not correlate because the 10 inch pops don't seem to draw the resellers.
ImageImage

Do or do not there is no try
Yoda '80

:SW9:
Funklub# 7225
Fundays: 2017, 2018

w00tw00t

Postby w00tw00t » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:54 am

kappait wrote:
TiniTinyTony wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:

I agree.

This one wasn't for me. But I have been checking the availability. It doesn't look like it's up for sale anymore. I wanted to see how long it was available to gauge for future releases. Although it may not correlate because the 10 inch pops don't seem to draw the resellers.

it was up for a while. i got it around the 20 minute mark after 6. I'm hoping they release a Raichu in 10"! grew up watching pokemon in the morning before heading to school. this has a big place in my heart, but if they plan to release all the pokemon it's going to surely hurt my wallet and space. =(

LovesTheSnow76

Postby LovesTheSnow76 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:55 am

So happy I was able to get one! Hopefully next week will go as smoothly.

kappait

Postby kappait » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:56 am

w00tw00t wrote:
kappait wrote:
TiniTinyTony wrote:I agree.

it was up for a while. i got it around the 20 minute mark after 6. I'm hoping they release a Raichu in 10"! grew up watching pokemon in the morning before heading to school. this has a big place in my heart, but if they plan to release all the pokemon it's going to surely hurt my wallet and space. =(

Yeah those 10 inch 30 dollar price tags add up fast! I'm glad I haven't seen many must have larger size pops for my collection.
ImageImage

Yoda '80

Funklub# 7225

kappait

Postby kappait » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:56 am

NightmareMermaid wrote:I'm thinking that next week's release may be Gloyd Orangeboar. Next week's item was supposed to be from RBtI. It would make sense too since it ties in with the film's release which is next week.

That would definitely stick to the rumored list. I hope it does. I got my eye on those Pez!! Haha
ImageImage

Yoda '80

Funklub# 7225

w00tw00t

Postby w00tw00t » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:07 am

kappait wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:
kappait wrote:

Yeah those 10 inch 30 dollar price tags add up fast! I'm glad I haven't seen many must have larger size pops for my collection.

yeah, i don't collect too many 10" pops, but any iconic characters i'll pick up. Just too much real estate. Funko keeps popping out more pops and just hard to keep up. Is $ an issue of course. Is space an issue of course. I think i'll get to a point where i'll have to be super selective.

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:07 am

Got my son a Pikachu this morning for Christmas. Hope all the drops are this easy.

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:09 am

Congrats to all Pokemon fans out there!
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

SpastikGrl

Postby SpastikGrl » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:12 am

I didnt go for the Pokemon, but I did get their street date release home alone, Target Lady and Louis Winthorpe III this morning.

theoneupper02

Postby theoneupper02 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:25 am

Grabbed Pikachu and Target Lady...kind of salty I didn't get the 5% off and free shipping with Target Lady though...
Bobby

ISO: High end GOT and DBZ

Image Image Image

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:27 am

I really hope every week isn't a new 10" Pop lol Looks like next week will be another one though.
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

w00tw00t

Postby w00tw00t » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:28 am

theoneupper02 wrote:Grabbed Pikachu and Target Lady...kind of salty I didn't get the 5% off and free shipping with Target Lady though...

5% doesn't apply to that purchase with redcard? I remember back in the days when I use to shop at Target and I wore a red shirt. You would be surprised how many people think you work there and ask you questions haha.

cheekylyssa

Postby cheekylyssa » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:29 am

Pass for me this week - that 10” pikachu is oddly terrifying. lol But I hope everyone who wanted him was able to score him!

Kfresh

Postby Kfresh » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:35 am

Lifesize pikachu is awesome!!
Follow me on [ig]kfresh.thecollectorguy[/ig]

FL > CA > VA
:freddy2:

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:44 am

Glad this release was relatively easy.

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:46 am

I got the10" pikachu with no problem, so here's hoping the rest of the target drops go as smooth as this one :)

Pop_A_Shot80

Postby Pop_A_Shot80 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:52 am

I was able to pick one up a Pikachu an hour after they went on sale gonna make a great xmas present for my little collector who missed out on the first one that was released.

MrSmileyFace

Postby MrSmileyFace » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:01 pm

Totally forgot the drop and overslept since I have Fridays off. I’m sure I’ll get the restock like they’ve done with the 10 inch Gladiator Hulk
- Ray
Instagram: grail_collector
Funko funatic Rookie of the Year nominee 2019

ImageImage

TiniTinyTony

Postby TiniTinyTony » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:07 pm

Yeah, it seems to be unavailable now, but hopefully they restock on or before the next release.

As for the next release, the clue we got was:
"This figure is packing some pumpkins, and it’s not because of his love of autumn."

The first thing that came to mind was Jack Skellington
My second thought was maybe the Green Goblin.

Funkofan21

Postby Funkofan21 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:20 pm

I was able to grab a pikachu this morning. I hope you are right about the next one being jack skellington
:freddy2:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ImageImageImageImage

aphotic

Postby aphotic » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:24 pm

Yay got the huge Pikachu!

AutumnsToyz

Postby AutumnsToyz » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:41 pm

kappait wrote:
NightmareMermaid wrote:I'm thinking that next week's release may be Gloyd Orangeboar. Next week's item was supposed to be from RBtI. It would make sense too since it ties in with the film's release which is next week.

That would definitely stick to the rumored list. I hope it does. I got my eye on those Pez!! Haha

He definitely fits the description. My first thought was that it was Green Goblin, but Gloyd is a better fit, especially with the movie coming out next week.

Hi, I'm Jimmy (Formerly CalPolyIdiot)

IG: AutumnsToyz
Twitter: AutumnsToyz
Twitch: twitch.tv/autumnstoyz
DP Wallet: AutumnToy.dp
Wax Wallet 5w3rg.wam

Total Pops: I lost count after 1000
ISO: Freddy Funko's and Disney
My collection: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/po ... diot?order

ImageImageImage

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:49 pm

kappait wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:
kappait wrote:

It was up for an hour and 45 mins
A funatic who is 1% more obsessed with anime than Funko.

| Pops: 1530 | Dorbz: 18 | IG: 91shawny

ImageImageImageImage

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:51 pm

calpolyidiot wrote:
kappait wrote:

He definitely fits the description. My first thought was that it was Green Goblin, but Gloyd is a better fit, especially with the movie coming out next week.

That and there really wasn't any info on a target spiderman exclusive floating around lol

ImageImageImageImage

Beaniiman

Postby Beaniiman » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:29 pm

w00tw00t wrote:
TiniTinyTony wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:

I agree.

shipping something of this size will definitely cost more then $5. maybe $10 with insurance. But yes, gas and time will cut into that profit as well. but hey can't really blame flippers. like i've said before flippers help some collectors obtain pieces they can't get their hands on.

Sounds like you would take a loss if you sold for $50 on ebay after shipping and fees (unless you charge shipping separately). I shipped a Star Wars Darth Vader ride to a friend in CA and it was $14.
ßeaniiman :freddy3:

kevin87

Postby kevin87 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:39 pm

kappait wrote:

Does fit better, since his hat is a pumpkin and Green Goblin doesn't have a pumpkin-themed item on the Pop... but there was a FB2 rumored on the list and it opened today, but today's was the 10 inch Pikachu instead.

NightmareMermaid
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby NightmareMermaid » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:06 pm

kevin87 wrote:
kappait wrote:

Does fit better, since his hat is a pumpkin and Green Goblin doesn't have a pumpkin-themed item on the Pop... but there was a FB2 rumored on the list and it opened today, but today's was the 10 inch Pikachu instead.

Yes, but Let's Go Pikachu also released today.
Marie
❄❄❄ Need 30th anniversary mermaid Ariel, RBtI Ariel Rock Candy, and The Oregon Duck protos ❄❄❄
#PartOfYourWorld

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:37 pm

NightmareMermaid wrote:
kevin87 wrote:
kappait wrote:

Yes, but Let's Go Pikachu also released today.

Very valid point. Also, the green goblin from the mile morales universe doesnt technically throw pumpkin bombs, he actually blows fire. It's unlikely as most of the into the spiderverse pops went exclusively to walgreens. Plus, the 10in goblin is a common lol

ImageImageImageImage

keyese

Postby keyese » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:58 pm

So happy I was able to get the Pikachu this morning! I hope he arrives safely.
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

Niteowl_1

Postby Niteowl_1 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:59 pm

Was able to get pikachu so awesome now I can display next to my regular one
Iso: freddy funko as doc brown regular and glow, back to the future protos,mirio hero costume (lemillion)proto, killua proto, one piece and demon slayer protos
Image Image Image Image Image Image

w00tw00t

Postby w00tw00t » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:02 pm

Beaniiman wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:
TiniTinyTony wrote:I agree.

Sounds like you would take a loss if you sold for $50 on ebay after shipping and fees (unless you charge shipping separately). I shipped a Star Wars Darth Vader ride to a friend in CA and it was $14.

yeah that's pretty brutal. shipping cost has definitely gone up. adding insurance also adds a few bucks on top of it.

w00tw00t

Postby w00tw00t » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:03 pm

91shawny wrote:
kappait wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:

It was up for an hour and 45 mins

oh wow. that's pretty long. How did you figure the time frame or did you sit and watch?

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:12 pm

Got it very easily! There are also going to be some changes to Target's return policy on POPs so be careful if you're buying like 20 to resell lol. Some lady on Instagram does that and she is going to get some bad news when she cant return them
Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

keyese

Postby keyese » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:15 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:Got it very easily! There are also going to be some changes to Target's return policy on POPs so be careful if you're buying like 20 to resell lol. Some lady on Instagram does that and she is going to get some bad news when she cant return them

I think that makes sense. They have a limited return window for their fashion collaboration items, which are similar (people buying up inventory, trying to resell, and returning if they can't get a good enough offer).
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

AutumnsToyz

Postby AutumnsToyz » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:31 pm

91shawny wrote:
calpolyidiot wrote:
kappait wrote:

That and there really wasn't any info on a target spiderman exclusive floating around lol

That too lol

Hi, I'm Jimmy (Formerly CalPolyIdiot)

IG: AutumnsToyz
Twitter: AutumnsToyz
Twitch: twitch.tv/autumnstoyz
DP Wallet: AutumnToy.dp
Wax Wallet 5w3rg.wam

Total Pops: I lost count after 1000
ISO: Freddy Funko's and Disney
My collection: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/po ... diot?order

ImageImageImage

pop-inandout-9

Postby pop-inandout-9 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:46 pm

lifesize pikachu?!?!
DERRICK
IG: poptill_youdrop
So-cal local collecting POP memories
First Pop: Hershel(walking dead)
Team BATMAN Team AVENGERS
Team GOONIES
ISO: Freddy Lannister, Winged Monkey, Martian, Krueger, and any other Freddies!!!

theoneupper02

Postby theoneupper02 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:02 pm

kihou wrote:
FireEmblemZack wrote:Got it very easily! There are also going to be some changes to Target's return policy on POPs so be careful if you're buying like 20 to resell lol. Some lady on Instagram does that and she is going to get some bad news when she cant return them

I think that makes sense. They have a limited return window for their fashion collaboration items, which are similar (people buying up inventory, trying to resell, and returning if they can't get a good enough offer).

Yeah I do hope they crack down on trying to return more than 1...it promotes flipping without consequences.
Bobby

ISO: High end GOT and DBZ

Image Image Image

ejcurtis115

Postby ejcurtis115 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:25 pm

I got one! It was a nice easy transaction. Hoping the rest of them go the same;)
Pops!: 4,500+
Dorbz: 50+
Hikari (regular & XS): 26
Mystery minis: 100+
Pint size heroes: 50+
Reaction figures: 17
Action figures: 24
Wacky Wobblers: 9
Pez Pops: 50+
T's, hat's, patches, pins, socks, Loungefly bags, wallets, backpacks, mugs, salt & pepper shakers, etc.: too many to count!
Funklub member: 13394 (waited a few years into collecting to go ahead and join)

Return to “Pop!”