Target Holliday Friday Release

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Ivette408

Re: Target Holliday Friday Release

Postby Ivette408 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:26 pm

KidMarvel wrote:
Ivette408 wrote:
KidMarvel wrote:Shucks there was a rumored list out there and the only thing that stood out to me was a Christmas Coca Cola Bear!

I'm hoping for the coca cola bear myself!!! Fingers cross [-o< [-o<

Hopefully there's enough to go around! Good luck when it releases!

Thank you same to you as well!!! [-o< [-o< [-o<
:mal:

ocwankenobi

Postby ocwankenobi » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:36 pm

i can't believe its thanksgiving next week. a week from today will be chaos. funko and non funko world......
(Signature powered by VALOR Industries 4.0)

Thehueys

Postby Thehueys » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:41 pm

I managed to get one for my little brother. He’s going to love it so much :)
Current collection count is over 5000 unique pieces.
FDO: 2023
Fundays: 2018,2019,2021,2022, 2023
Fright Night: 2022
ECCC: 2017,2018,2019,2021
SDCC: 2018, 2019,2022,2023,2024
NYCC: 2019,2022,2023
Wondercon: 2022,2023
C2E2: 2024
FunKon: 2021
Designer Con:2019,2021,2022,2023,2024

Always looking for missing Huckleberry Hound, Freddy Funko and Disney pieces that I’m missing :)

Shertle

Postby Shertle » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:05 pm

I have a strange suspicion that we can assume that the leaked list is not true based on next weeks rumored release. Was really hoping for Bullseye and Coca Cola Bear too

nerdy_jesus13

Postby nerdy_jesus13 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:12 pm

It was probably one of the easiest Online target release in some time. Was able to get one from the app completely hassle free. I hope every week is like this.
:freddy1:

Shertle

Postby Shertle » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:36 am

I doubt it. They knew how well the normal size Pikachu sold, so for a 1 day sale of the 10” which there was already hype for, they probably ramped up the stock knowing they’d sell out eventually, even if they thought it would be days and not hours.

If it turns out to be green goblin next week, and they have 35k of those, they’re going to be sitting on those for a long time. They’ve had more misses on the 10” pops lately than hits in terms of selling. Dobby, Niffler, TRex, Scrooge all sit/sat on shelves.

Shertle

Postby Shertle » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:37 am

They also have some pops remaining from their last funko Friday run earlier this year. Black Panther is still available, and I believe Gizmoduck is as well.

Karebear101083

Postby Karebear101083 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:13 am

Pikachu will be one of them.
Maybe a nightmare one or maybe it's wishful thinking.

Oxayotl

Postby Oxayotl » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:32 am

nerdy_jesus13 wrote:It was probably one of the easiest Online target release in some time. Was able to get one from the app completely hassle free. I hope every week is like this.

Agreed, easy and fast. I thought he'd be a lot more chaotic. They must have made a lot of them.

Kullekter89

Postby Kullekter89 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:05 am

kappait wrote:I got an email saying Target will be releasing an exclusive pop every Friday Nov 16 to Dec 21. Any ideas what the exclusives might be?

10inch pikachu was the first! PASS for me! Like my little pikachu!
10 inch green goblin is next week! PASS as well!
Let’s see what they have the coming weeks!!! Something awesome!! Cmon funko!
:freddy3:

Here to help other fellow funatics in anyway and everyway that I can.

Main ISO
RED SKULL
WHITE RANGER (GITD)

LakerSpartan117

Postby LakerSpartan117 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:39 pm

Glad it was super easy to get 10" Pikachu. Target App is a gem. It was up for almost 2 hours, so really no one should have missed it if they were aware of the impending release.
ImageImageImageImageImage

LakerSpartan117

Postby LakerSpartan117 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:40 pm

Shertle wrote:I doubt it. They knew how well the normal size Pikachu sold, so for a 1 day sale of the 10” which there was already hype for, they probably ramped up the stock knowing they’d sell out eventually, even if they thought it would be days and not hours.

If it turns out to be green goblin next week, and they have 35k of those, they’re going to be sitting on those for a long time. They’ve had more misses on the 10” pops lately than hits in terms of selling. Dobby, Niffler, TRex, Scrooge all sit/sat on shelves.

I think it's the Wreck It Ralph exclusive.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Shertle

Postby Shertle » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:41 pm

LakerSpartan117 wrote:
Shertle wrote:I doubt it. They knew how well the normal size Pikachu sold, so for a 1 day sale of the 10” which there was already hype for, they probably ramped up the stock knowing they’d sell out eventually, even if they thought it would be days and not hours.

I think it's the Wreck It Ralph exclusive.

That character was from the first movie though. He might appear in the sequel, but I think Goblin is more realistic than him.

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:05 pm

Same as everyone else, got Pikachu easily yesterday morning! Super happy to start my day with an easy pick up. Can't wait to get him in the mail and put him with my little Pikachu.

Sdivirgilio7

Postby Sdivirgilio7 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:03 pm

Finally was able to grab giant pikachu off the website! One of the smoothest website drops for me. Hoping the others are this easy.
:freddy2:

Pop count: 195
Favorite lines: Ad icons, MLB
First pops: Groot, ghost face

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:32 pm

I hope the giant Green Goblin is the next release. This giant pop is my favorite out of all of them.
Funko Funatic Shoutouts! #9
Fundays 2014◇2015◇2016◇2017◇2018◇2019◇2021V◇2022◇2023
FDO6 SF◇FDO7 Sackanda & LA◇FDO8 SF◇FDO9 Sackanda
Fright Night◇HQ Grand Opening◇Making Fun Movie Premiere◇FunKon Hollywood◇Fright Night II

Instagram: @muscleheadfunkopop #SODAWasted
Facebook: Iz Salazar

MrSmileyFace

Postby MrSmileyFace » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:19 pm

muscleheadfunkopop wrote:I hope the giant Green Goblin is the next release. This giant pop is my favorite out of all of them.

Oh yeah! Now we are talking!
- Ray
Instagram: grail_collector
Funko funatic Rookie of the Year nominee 2019

ImageImage

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:52 pm

91shawny wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
TriFeckTa wrote:I need that big old pikachu in my life lol
Hope Funko makes a 10 inch for each of the OG starter pokemon down the line, maybe even go as far as making their evolved versions in 10 inch as well. Or another cool idea would be the 1st evolution in regular 3.75-4inch pop size, the second evolution in 6 inch form, and the final evolution in 10 inch form!

^ This is exactly what I was thinking would be the idea thing to do for the Pokemon. I think that there are some Pokemon that are more popular then others so im okay with starting and final form for now lol they can fill in the blanks as they go along.

I agree they should make the starter pokemon, but at the same time, not milk the 10in on pokemon that dont need it, like evolved are fines like you mentioned but not the starters along with it lol

I hope they don't milk it either, but i know if they do make it, i will probably be one of the suckers that buy it.
Hey there, I'm Michael and I am an Iron Man Junkie!
Iron Man POP! Collection (Production Pieces): COMPLETE
Iron Man Proto Count: 50
Iron Man Wacky Wobblers: IN PROGRESS

ISO: Gold Mark 2 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold Mark 1 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold and Silver 1/12 Freddy Stark Wobblers, and IRON MAN RELATED PROTOS

Check out my IG: @triifeckta
ImageImage

Kaosu

Postby Kaosu » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:28 pm

I hope the rest are this easy to get.
Hello!! My name is Jonathan
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:56 pm

TriFeckTa wrote:
91shawny wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
^ This is exactly what I was thinking would be the idea thing to do for the Pokemon. I think that there are some Pokemon that are more popular then others so im okay with starting and final form for now lol they can fill in the blanks as they go along.

I agree they should make the starter pokemon, but at the same time, not milk the 10in on pokemon that dont need it, like evolved are fines like you mentioned but not the starters along with it lol

I hope they don't milk it either, but i know if they do make it, i will probably be one of the suckers that buy it.

Oh don't worry Ill be one of those same very suckers lining up to catch'em all lol!
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:25 am

PopPChulo wrote:Oh don't worry Ill be one of those same very suckers lining up to catch'em all lol!

lol im not trying to catch them all, theres just too many pokemon for that.
Hey there, I'm Michael and I am an Iron Man Junkie!
Iron Man POP! Collection (Production Pieces): COMPLETE
Iron Man Proto Count: 50
Iron Man Wacky Wobblers: IN PROGRESS

ISO: Gold Mark 2 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold Mark 1 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold and Silver 1/12 Freddy Stark Wobblers, and IRON MAN RELATED PROTOS

Check out my IG: @triifeckta
ImageImage

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:26 pm

TriFeckTa wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:Oh don't worry Ill be one of those same very suckers lining up to catch'em all lol!

lol im not trying to catch them all, theres just too many pokemon for that.

Hahaha Funko will make a killing if they drop a Pokemon line with the slogan "gotta collect'em all!"
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

kappait

Postby kappait » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:41 pm

w00tw00t wrote:
kappait wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:
it was up for a while. i got it around the 20 minute mark after 6. I'm hoping they release a Raichu in 10"! grew up watching pokemon in the morning before heading to school. this has a big place in my heart, but if they plan to release all the pokemon it's going to surely hurt my wallet and space. =(

Yeah those 10 inch 30 dollar price tags add up fast! I'm glad I haven't seen many must have larger size pops for my collection.

yeah, i don't collect too many 10" pops, but any iconic characters i'll pick up. Just too much real estate. Funko keeps popping out more pops and just hard to keep up. Is $ an issue of course. Is space an issue of course. I think i'll get to a point where i'll have to be super selective.

Yeah I feel you. I'm starting to get to the point where I can't display all my pops in one room. I really don't want to expand to another. So they have been in a closet. That defeats the purpose of collecting. I've started to get selective. Usually the only over size stuff I'll buy is Star Wars. Other than that it would have to be really cool. Like the David S Pumpkins 3 pack. I know I have wierd taste. Haha.
ImageImage

Do or do not there is no try
Yoda '80

:SW9:
Funklub# 7225
Fundays: 2017, 2018

kappait

Postby kappait » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:43 pm

calpolyidiot wrote:
kappait wrote:
NightmareMermaid wrote:I'm thinking that next week's release may be Gloyd Orangeboar. Next week's item was supposed to be from RBtI. It would make sense too since it ties in with the film's release which is next week.

That would definitely stick to the rumored list. I hope it does. I got my eye on those Pez!! Haha

He definitely fits the description. My first thought was that it was Green Goblin, but Gloyd is a better fit, especially with the movie coming out next week.

Definitely. I'm holding out for Coke Bears and Pez. The others won't kill me if I don't get them.
ImageImage

Yoda '80

Funklub# 7225

kappait

Postby kappait » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:44 pm

91shawny wrote:
kappait wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:
it was up for a while. i got it around the 20 minute mark after 6. I'm hoping they release a Raichu in 10"! grew up watching pokemon in the morning before heading to school. this has a big place in my heart, but if they plan to release all the pokemon it's going to surely hurt my wallet and space. =(

Yeah those 10 inch 30 dollar price tags add up fast! I'm glad I haven't seen many must have larger size pops for my collection.

It was up for an hour and 45 mins

Oh I hope the others last that long. That would be a Christmas Miracle. Haha.
ImageImage

Yoda '80

Funklub# 7225

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:25 pm

Kaosu wrote:I hope the rest are this easy to get.

I agree [-o< [-o< [-o<
Funko Funatic Shoutouts! #9
Fundays 2014◇2015◇2016◇2017◇2018◇2019◇2021V◇2022◇2023
FDO6 SF◇FDO7 Sackanda & LA◇FDO8 SF◇FDO9 Sackanda
Fright Night◇HQ Grand Opening◇Making Fun Movie Premiere◇FunKon Hollywood◇Fright Night II

Instagram: @muscleheadfunkopop #SODAWasted
Facebook: Iz Salazar

Code Violet

Postby Code Violet » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:19 pm

I didnt really want any if these but all the hype in this thread is starting to temp me

volsspongebob

Postby volsspongebob » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:47 am

So did anyone figure out who the next Pumpking loving POP is going to be? Or do we all have to wait for the official reveal?
Love to Collect the 80s stuff. Also chasing the OG Rocky Set. First Funko Purchase was 2012 SDCC.

MISSING FUNDAYS ON A DAILY BASIS!!

[size=85]Image

CoachJDDesigns

Postby CoachJDDesigns » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:09 am

muscleheadfunkopop wrote:
Kaosu wrote:I hope the rest are this easy to get.

I agree [-o< [-o< [-o<

That would be a nice change. Too often Target releases are tough and frustrating to get. Just hope that with all the orders being sent out, they don't do something bad with the packaging. I'm pretty sure I've talked about it before on a different thread, where I've had the Pop bubble wrapped, thrown into a bag and cinched down real tight which squished the box and pop.

w00tw00t

Postby w00tw00t » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:41 am

kappait wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:
kappait wrote:

yeah, i don't collect too many 10" pops, but any iconic characters i'll pick up. Just too much real estate. Funko keeps popping out more pops and just hard to keep up. Is $ an issue of course. Is space an issue of course. I think i'll get to a point where i'll have to be super selective.

Yeah I feel you. I'm starting to get to the point where I can't display all my pops in one room. I really don't want to expand to another. So they have been in a closet. That defeats the purpose of collecting. I've started to get selective. Usually the only over size stuff I'll buy is Star Wars. Other than that it would have to be really cool. Like the David S Pumpkins 3 pack. I know I have wierd taste. Haha.

Yeah, collectors say that it takes up room, but even if you remove them from their boxes you still need to store the box somewhere. I also collect statues from sideshow etc and displaying these 1/4 statues is hard enough but then you have to store the huge box somewhere. Collectors back in the days would just toss away the box, but now days you have to keep it just in case you want to sale it or reship it. =(
iso: marvin the martian dorbz 9"
marvin the martian whacky wobbler 20"

w00tw00t

Postby w00tw00t » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:43 am

kappait wrote:
91shawny wrote:
kappait wrote:

If they are 10inch then most likely, but then again all depends on the amount they make. All up in the air.

kappait

Postby kappait » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:58 am

w00tw00t wrote:
kappait wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:

Yeah, collectors say that it takes up room, but even if you remove them from their boxes you still need to store the box somewhere. I also collect statues from sideshow etc and displaying these 1/4 statues is hard enough but then you have to store the huge box somewhere. Collectors back in the days would just toss away the box, but now days you have to keep it just in case you want to sale it or reship it. =(

I collect Star Wars toys from all vendors. I have a ton of Lego sets. My collector room is full. I don't know if I'll have much room for SDCC 2019. I'll still spend a ton. Fundays takes up a ton of room the last 2 years. If I get in again I'll definitely have to rearrange things again.
ImageImage

Yoda '80

Funklub# 7225

kappait

Postby kappait » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:59 am

w00tw00t wrote:
kappait wrote:
91shawny wrote:

If they are 10inch then most likely, but then again all depends on the amount they make. All up in the air.

I'm curious how the pez will hold up. The monster cereals are popular.
ImageImage

Yoda '80

Funklub# 7225

yanban

Postby yanban » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:13 pm

Code Violet wrote:I didnt really want any if these but all the hype in this thread is starting to temp me

I was hoping to convince myself I did not need any. That is quickly going out the window

yanban

Postby yanban » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:14 pm

kappait wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:
kappait wrote:

My guess is that the pez stay up for a while. I really want those too

w00tw00t

Postby w00tw00t » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:17 pm

kappait wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:
kappait wrote:

I collect Star Wars toys from all vendors. I have a ton of Lego sets. My collector room is full. I don't know if I'll have much room for SDCC 2019. I'll still spend a ton. Fundays takes up a ton of room the last 2 years. If I get in again I'll definitely have to rearrange things again.

Good thing with pop you can go vertical with them since they are light. I had to sell off a good amount of my statues to make room for other stuff. With more competitors means more stuff to buy. Space and wallet hurting.

sakura17

Postby sakura17 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:18 pm

Pikachu 10 inch is still available online.

w00tw00t

Postby w00tw00t » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:18 pm

kappait wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:
kappait wrote:

I wanted to collect all the cereals but realized years down the road it might not look too good inside.

kappait

Postby kappait » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:20 pm

yanban wrote:
kappait wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:

My guess is that the pez stay up for a while. I really want those too

You're probably right. It seems like only the standard pops sell out fast. I'm just curious how the chase will work with those.
ImageImage

Yoda '80

Funklub# 7225

sushiguru

Postby sushiguru » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:21 pm

Did the 10inch pikachu ever sell out or is it just constantly being restocked?

Return to “Pop!”