Where is the 13th Doctor

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
hailmary25

Re: Where is the 13th Doctor

Postby hailmary25 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:32 am

BadEugoogolizer wrote:I bought it from Gemini @ 85 and I'm so glad I did. I do still want the wide release of it so I can unbox it into my display case with the other alternate appearances for my Doctors and companions. I do remember it taking a while for most of the other FTM Pops to show up.

Whether it comes out or not I am glad I did this too. Regardless of value I am sticker person and had to have it.
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

Infinity

Postby Infinity » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:05 pm

I loved the season that reminded the very beginnings of DW, in the Classics where there wasn't really a red line and where we could finally enjoy new creatures. I loved Jodie and 13th and even if I get why some people don't like the season at all I will lever understand the insults the cast received for "ruining the show".. That being said I would find terribly unfair not to release the 13th Doctor with coat. They took an english show and made the commun outfil from 13th into a pop to sell it in the usa... And they kept promising it would arrive on the market so people waited ( that's also what the "first to market " is supposed to mean). I feel like they just lied to collectors and that's unfair..
Sorry for my mistakes , I'm French :-)
I hope you will understand me ! ^^

deathlycollector

Postby deathlycollector » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:12 pm

Well FOMO finally got to me and I caved and finally bought the SDCC 13th Doctor. It really is a wonderful pop!
Call me DC or Michael
Instagram: michaelrdr_funko
Grail: Gold Loki

Zer0ricos

Postby Zer0ricos » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:55 am

Hey guy's, no new's about 13th with coat ? I'm still hoping they will release it at the ECCC ^^'

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:54 am

When I tried (15+ hours in line) and failed to get the 13th Doctor at SDCC, I told the disappointed people around me that they didn't need to worry because it was only first to market. Two weeks later I broke down and bought one for $80 (sold my chrome Vegeta to get the $$). While there is part of me that likes that my Pop has not only retained value but gone way up, I would prefer for this to get a wide release so that everyone can have one in their collection. This is the line that officially got me collecting Pops, and I want it to sell like hotcakes so I can get the remaining Docs, Bill, Nardole, Graham, Tegan, etc.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

volsspongebob

Postby volsspongebob » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:00 am

scullysdad wrote:When I tried (15+ hours in line) and failed to get the 13th Doctor at SDCC, I told the disappointed people around me that they didn't need to worry because it was only first to market. Two weeks later I broke down and bought one for $80 (sold my chrome Vegeta to get the $$). While there is part of me that likes that my Pop has not only retained value but gone way up, I would prefer for this to get a wide release so that everyone can have one in their collection. This is the line that officially got me collecting Pops, and I want it to sell like hotcakes so I can get the remaining Docs, Bill, Nardole, Graham, Tegan, etc.

Here here. And I got mine at SDCC from the Funko Booth on Preview Night and said the same thing to folks at the BBC booth. Never thought it would hit the value it has. I was looking at my line up of the doctors the other day and wishing they would complete the Doctors.
Love to Collect the 80s stuff. Also chasing the OG Rocky Set. First Funko Purchase was 2012 SDCC.

MISSING FUNDAYS ON A DAILY BASIS!!

[size=85]Image

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:54 am

volsspongebob wrote:
scullysdad wrote:When I tried (15+ hours in line) and failed to get the 13th Doctor at SDCC, I told the disappointed people around me that they didn't need to worry because it was only first to market. Two weeks later I broke down and bought one for $80 (sold my chrome Vegeta to get the $$). While there is part of me that likes that my Pop has not only retained value but gone way up, I would prefer for this to get a wide release so that everyone can have one in their collection. This is the line that officially got me collecting Pops, and I want it to sell like hotcakes so I can get the remaining Docs, Bill, Nardole, Graham, Tegan, etc.

Here here. And I got mine at SDCC from the Funko Booth on Preview Night and said the same thing to folks at the BBC booth. Never thought it would hit the value it has. I was looking at my line up of the doctors the other day and wishing they would complete the Doctors.

Have to admit I am on the fence. I want it to be released so that like you both said people buy them and we still get more DW pops.

However like Volsspongebob I paid after market price of $80 also because I am a sticker idiot. It being valued more than what I paid makes me feel better about amount I spent. If it drops crazy well then I will feel like less happy lol.

kappait

Postby kappait » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:35 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
volsspongebob wrote:

Have to admit I am on the fence. I want it to be released so that like you both said people buy them and we still get more DW pops.

However like Volsspongebob I paid after market price of $80 also because I am a sticker idiot. It being valued more than what I paid makes me feel better about amount I spent. If it drops crazy well then I will feel like less happy lol.

Either way the first to market sticker pops can hold some value. Look at the Star Wars unmasked vader. The price difference between the 2 stickers is pretty big. I'd say your 80 dollar investment is safe.
ImageImage

Do or do not there is no try
Yoda '80

:SW9:
Funklub# 7225
Fundays: 2017, 2018

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:52 pm

kappait wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
volsspongebob wrote:

Either way the first to market sticker pops can hold some value. Look at the Star Wars unmasked vader. The price difference between the 2 stickers is pretty big. I'd say your 80 dollar investment is safe.

:wav:

kappait

Postby kappait » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:58 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
kappait wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:

Haha. I got one at SDCC last year. I had no idea it would run that high. Same as Indie with idol. Sometimes it's pretty random how these raise in value. Haha.
ImageImage

Yoda '80

Funklub# 7225

matrixman9

Postby matrixman9 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:05 pm

Over the last few months funko has been giving conflicting info on it. They answered me in a twitter Q&A and said it’s still coming. Meanwhile another person emailed funko and was told plans changed and it was only at sdcc

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:08 pm

kappait wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
kappait wrote:

Haha. I got one at SDCC last year. I had no idea it would run that high. Same as Indie with idol. Sometimes it's pretty random how these raise in value. Haha.

I actually had 2 at one point. I got one from a person who went and another from gemini. The one from the collector came damaged. Thats why I picked up the gemini one. Long story short sold damaged one and got money back wish I held on to it lol.

matrixman9 wrote:Over the last few months funko has been giving conflicting info on it. They answered me in a twitter Q&A and said it’s still coming. Meanwhile another person emailed funko and was told plans changed and it was only at sdcc

I saw that email about it being SDCC only. Send me a new sticker than lol

Zer0ricos

Postby Zer0ricos » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:12 pm

matrixman9 wrote:Over the last few months funko has been giving conflicting info on it. They answered me in a twitter Q&A and said it’s still coming. Meanwhile another person emailed funko and was told plans changed and it was only at sdcc

Yes and no news since weeks unfortunately :(

kappait

Postby kappait » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:21 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
kappait wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:

I actually had 2 at one point. I got one from a person who went and another from gemini. The one from the collector came damaged. Thats why I picked up the gemini one. Long story short sold damaged one and got money back wish I held on to it lol.

Was it the pop or the box that was damaged? Were you able to sell the damaged one for a decent price to pay for the minty one?

I normally don't collect Dr Who stuff. I only snagged it because it was a limited numbered pop. I'm glad I did. Either way it should hold up pretty well.
ImageImage

Yoda '80

Funklub# 7225

El_PANDA

Postby El_PANDA » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:27 pm

Yeah I got told the same thing that it was only sdcc but other people are being told different things
ImageImageImageImage

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:02 am

kappait wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
kappait wrote:

Was it the pop or the box that was damaged? Were you able to sell the damaged one for a decent price to pay for the minty one?

I normally don't collect Dr Who stuff. I only snagged it because it was a limited numbered pop. I'm glad I did. Either way it should hold up pretty well.

Box was no great I mean i know that upfront I just wanted one. And yeah even with damage I was atleast able to get my money back.

GetLostYouPsycho

Postby GetLostYouPsycho » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:54 am

El_PANDA wrote:Yeah I got told the same thing that it was only sdcc but other people are being told different things

That always seems to be the issue with contacting Funko's customer service. You get conflicting information depending on which CSR responds. It happens every time a Pop gets vaulted or canceled or whatever.

GetLostYouPsycho

Postby GetLostYouPsycho » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:57 am

kappait wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
kappait wrote:

I never expected it to skyrocket like it did. A friend of mine was at SDCC and was kind enough to pick one up for me. I almost didn't have him get it because I kept thinking "well, it'll be a common soon enough, and I don't NEED a sticker.." I'm glad I went ahead and had him get it for me, now, just in case it never gets released as a common. Doctor Who is one of my favorite lines and one of the few that I've bothered with keeping (mostly) complete.

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:31 am

I am sad we won't get any more episodes in 2019, I'll just remind myself that the reason the show is so good is they don't rush to make 22-24 episodes a year.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:16 am

boooooo no ECCC DW this year

kappait

Postby kappait » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:16 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
kappait wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:

Box was no great I mean i know that upfront I just wanted one. And yeah even with damage I was atleast able to get my money back.

That works. Glad it worked out. You could have had one out of box. That's what I'll do if I get one with a dinged box.
ImageImage

Yoda '80

Funklub# 7225

kappait

Postby kappait » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:20 pm

GetLostYouPsycho wrote:
kappait wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:

I never expected it to skyrocket like it did. A friend of mine was at SDCC and was kind enough to pick one up for me. I almost didn't have him get it because I kept thinking "well, it'll be a common soon enough, and I don't NEED a sticker.." I'm glad I went ahead and had him get it for me, now, just in case it never gets released as a common. Doctor Who is one of my favorite lines and one of the few that I've bothered with keeping (mostly) complete.

Yeah it's always worth grabbing the first to markets. Especially if you get them for retail. Believe it or not the sticker makes a difference even if they release the common.
ImageImage

Yoda '80

Funklub# 7225

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:55 am

kappait wrote:
GetLostYouPsycho wrote:
kappait wrote:

Yeah it's always worth grabbing the first to markets. Especially if you get them for retail. Believe it or not the sticker makes a difference even if they release the common.

not for powerpuff lol

kappait

Postby kappait » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:08 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
kappait wrote:
GetLostYouPsycho wrote:

not for powerpuff lol

I guess it may have to do with the line as well. Haha
ImageImage

Yoda '80

Funklub# 7225

2017fanatic

Postby 2017fanatic » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:37 pm

Zer0ricos wrote:

I remember hearing it was a pre-release/1st to market release at SDCC too, still waiting on wide release
Funatic of all things Funko!!

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:55 pm

kappait wrote:
GetLostYouPsycho wrote:
kappait wrote:

I am a collector so get the additional value for the sticker. The amount of difference though always surprises me

kappait

Postby kappait » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:34 pm

runtodere wrote:
kappait wrote:
GetLostYouPsycho wrote:

I am a collector so get the additional value for the sticker. The amount of difference though always surprises me

Totally agree. It's crazy how they can fluctuate with just a sticker. My unmasked vader has held well and they had tons of them at that star wars convention.
ImageImage

Yoda '80

Funklub# 7225

volsspongebob

Postby volsspongebob » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:58 pm

2017fanatic wrote:
Zer0ricos wrote:

I remember hearing it was a pre-release/1st to market release at SDCC too, still waiting on wide release

Unfortunately I think its time to just move on accept those without the SDCC version just have a Thirteenth Doctor who already put her coat up in the coat closet.
Love to Collect the 80s stuff. Also chasing the OG Rocky Set. First Funko Purchase was 2012 SDCC.

MISSING FUNDAYS ON A DAILY BASIS!!

[size=85]Image

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:05 pm

volsspongebob wrote:
2017fanatic wrote:
Zer0ricos wrote:

Unfortunately I think its time to just move on accept those without the SDCC version just have a Thirteenth Doctor who already put her coat up in the coat closet.

I never saw regular 13 or missy in store

Return to “Pop!”