Mickey Mouse Exhibit Pops in NYC!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
good_man_pops

Re: Mickey Mouse Exhibit Pops in NYC!

Postby good_man_pops » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:43 pm

The colors are cool. Good luck to those looking to complete the set - sounds like it'll take a lot of work and/or money.
Brad
Instagram: good_man_toys
#poptripletsthursday

TacosWillEatUs

Postby TacosWillEatUs » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:47 pm

At one point, I was thinking about starting a mickey mouse collection, but decided against it because of all the limited 9 inch ones from a while back costing a ton, glad I didn't since these looks like they will be a pretty penny as well. Unless they made a ton of them.

brooklyn_geek

Postby brooklyn_geek » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:04 pm

Cchavez77 wrote:
brooklyn_geek wrote:
jondru wrote:I wonder how the line was...

The line was an interesting experience. I got on it like 8PM and there were a handful of people....I'd say it was 50 50 pop people and sneaker heads. It was definitely cold and definitely rainy. Everyone was civil. Around 3 or 4 AM it was around 60 or 70 people. Rush at the door around opening for tickets. Some pushing and shoving. Take away the cold and being exposed to the elements and was an OK experience but I don't know if I'd do it again for so long. I mainly went down to see who was there. Once I saw the sneaker heads there I figured I'd stay just to make sure I wouldn't have issues later. Considering how aggressive some of those guys are I didnt want to try and leave and come back to any issues. I'll be back for the others and hopefully the sneaker heads will let me slip in with them during the wee hours lol

How many people were in line by the time they opened?

I would guess that it was around 200. That was definitely where it was when I left at 8:30

Rgonzo103

Postby Rgonzo103 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:12 pm

These looks great sucks I'm out in California, I would love to add them to my collection.

brooklyn_geek

Postby brooklyn_geek » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:12 pm

ryusilva23 wrote:
Cchavez77 wrote:
brooklyn_geek wrote:The line was an interesting experience. I got on it like 8PM and there were a handful of people....I'd say it was 50 50 pop people and sneaker heads. It was definitely cold and definitely rainy. Everyone was civil. Around 3 or 4 AM it was around 60 or 70 people. Rush at the door around opening for tickets. Some pushing and shoving. Take away the cold and being exposed to the elements and was an OK experience but I don't know if I'd do it again for so long. I mainly went down to see who was there. Once I saw the sneaker heads there I figured I'd stay just to make sure I wouldn't have issues later. Considering how aggressive some of those guys are I didnt want to try and leave and come back to any issues. I'll be back for the others and hopefully the sneaker heads will let me slip in with them during the wee hours lol

Had to be around 200, but there were a lot of Sneaker heads cutting the line who showed up last minute and got in. Lot's of shady stuff going on, and the staff not catching it. People were calling them out, but staff members were making excuses about this being the first day and that their system will get better. People bring 4-5 people handing them cash and leaving with multiple pops. Then you get people trying to line up again, changing their clothes to try and dupe staff members.

I heard about the changing clothes guy smh... at the risk of sounding like I'm condoning it the sneaker guys were actually there all night but they camped out in their cars which they parked all around the block. I was in the front and they pretty much told me that the only people that were safe were myself and the group in front of me. I had to tussle with em a bit myself but they were jumping in all over the place and that's pretty much why I camped in the first place. Basically they did what they usually do. Stick a few guys in front to do the actual camping then slide more people in when doors open. Not cool but after all these years part of the deal and staff can't really handle it. Personally I call it out when I see it and they weren't the only ones doing it either. I know a bunch of people who are just collectors that I saw either looping or jumping in with friends.

ShellyGt86

Postby ShellyGt86 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:17 pm

A big Mickey fan. I love the colors.
To live will be a great Adventure... :grommit:Image]

Image[/url]

ryusilva23

Postby ryusilva23 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:34 pm

brooklyn_geek wrote:
ryusilva23 wrote:
Cchavez77 wrote:

Had to be around 200, but there were a lot of Sneaker heads cutting the line who showed up last minute and got in. Lot's of shady stuff going on, and the staff not catching it. People were calling them out, but staff members were making excuses about this being the first day and that their system will get better. People bring 4-5 people handing them cash and leaving with multiple pops. Then you get people trying to line up again, changing their clothes to try and dupe staff members.

I heard about the changing clothes guy smh... at the risk of sounding like I'm condoning it the sneaker guys were actually there all night but they camped out in their cars which they parked all around the block. I was in the front and they pretty much told me that the only people that were safe were myself and the group in front of me. I had to tussle with em a bit myself but they were jumping in all over the place and that's pretty much why I camped in the first place. Basically they did what they usually do. Stick a few guys in front to do the actual camping then slide more people in when doors open. Not cool but after all these years part of the deal and staff can't really handle it. Personally I call it out when I see it and they weren't the only ones doing it either. I know a bunch of people who are just collectors that I saw either looping or jumping in with friends.

True, people ahead of me asked me to watch their spot. They basically left for 6 hours and came back just before handing out tickets. Then they got all high and might about the “flippers”. They said they waited all night. The fact that one of them said they waited the whole night... I was like... what complete bs. Then to call other people out, makes me want to quote House “everybody lies”. I know if the same people ask me to watch their spot I’m gonna tell them no. If they leave, your place in line is gone. You don’t get to ask a stranger to hold you place and while they get to be warm and I had to freeze the whole time lol.... smh.

Funko_boy13

Postby Funko_boy13 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:47 pm

Dang I wish they weren’t so hard to get

Lutzo1

Postby Lutzo1 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:09 am

These are really cool looking

daOCHO

Postby daOCHO » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:25 am

These are definitely great looking POPs, sad to see the bad experience on the it being the first weekend. Hopefully there will be improvements on the next release. I wish they could handout plaque cards in an orderly fashion to avoid people line jumping/double dipping. Maybe do #que at a random early time to throw off the late people who can not handle the cold weather.

Twitter: @CCM8
Instagram: casey_aka_daocho

brooklyn_geek

Postby brooklyn_geek » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:11 am

ryusilva23 wrote:
brooklyn_geek wrote:
ryusilva23 wrote:

True, people ahead of me asked me to watch their spot. They basically left for 6 hours and came back just before handing out tickets. Then they got all high and might about the “flippers”. They said they waited all night. The fact that one of them said they waited the whole night... I was like... what complete bs. Then to call other people out, makes me want to quote House “everybody lies”. I know if the same people ask me to watch their spot I’m gonna tell them no. If they leave, your place in line is gone. You don’t get to ask a stranger to hold you place and while they get to be warm and I had to freeze the whole time lol.... smh.

The sneaker guys at least came back every hour to check the spots they left lol
The other hilarious thing I saw was people taking pics and videos of who they left in their spot to identify who was there all night vs the slip ins...overall it was the longest I've sat on a line, but definitely not the worst I've seen. Actually SDCC is worse to me...people using wheelchairs, crutches and leg braces to get in earlier and literally trampling people...again I've come to expect the worst from people in these situations and aside from rushing the line the people were actually OK

Jalapenopete

Postby Jalapenopete » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:22 am

The mickeys do look dope !!!
:freddy3:

theoneupper02

Postby theoneupper02 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:06 pm

I saw some new shots of the Mickeys and they all look great. Congrats to all who waited in line and got one!
Bobby

ISO: High end GOT and DBZ

Image Image Image

ocwankenobi

Postby ocwankenobi » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:26 pm

if the price is 100 dollars plus tax. and truly limited to 204 for the 10 inch. i think under 300 might have to be a "good" price and will go up.

is what it is. is it really worth for sneaker guys to do this. i would think their margin of profit would be higher and in their comfy home and computer. but i make that statement with zero knowledge of what profit they turn with shoes lol.
(Signature powered by VALOR Industries 4.0)

jondru

Postby jondru » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:25 pm

ryusilva23 wrote:
Cchavez77 wrote:
brooklyn_geek wrote:The line was an interesting experience. I got on it like 8PM and there were a handful of people....I'd say it was 50 50 pop people and sneaker heads. It was definitely cold and definitely rainy. Everyone was civil. Around 3 or 4 AM it was around 60 or 70 people. Rush at the door around opening for tickets. Some pushing and shoving. Take away the cold and being exposed to the elements and was an OK experience but I don't know if I'd do it again for so long. I mainly went down to see who was there. Once I saw the sneaker heads there I figured I'd stay just to make sure I wouldn't have issues later. Considering how aggressive some of those guys are I didnt want to try and leave and come back to any issues. I'll be back for the others and hopefully the sneaker heads will let me slip in with them during the wee hours lol

ty for the info... 8pm the night before? wow... awesome
Andrew

The1one1

Postby The1one1 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:22 pm

Lol this is going to punish some people’s bank accounts. If they make all these color ways in both 4” and 10” it will be interesting for all of the Disney completionists!
Aloha! Call me Cliffy!
IG: The1one1

ImageImageImage ImageImage

The1one1

Postby The1one1 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:24 pm

Lol this is going to punish some people’s bank accounts. If they make all these color ways in both 4” and 10” it will be interesting for all of the Disney completionists! Good luck guys!
Aloha! Call me Cliffy!
IG: The1one1

ImageImageImage ImageImage

Cchavez77

Postby Cchavez77 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:29 am

jondru wrote:
ryusilva23 wrote:
Cchavez77 wrote:

I know having to bear that freezing cold weather all night is rough. Any one who stood in that line you a real one! Haha
Funko Hollywood Grand opening
Funko Fundays 18-19
Sdcc 07-08, 18-19

d00dz

Postby d00dz » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:00 am

I'm kinda sad they won't be releasing these variants online. Gonna be expensive on people's wallets.
ImageImageImage Image

brooklyn_geek

Postby brooklyn_geek » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:18 am

Cchavez77 wrote:
jondru wrote:
ryusilva23 wrote:

I know having to bear that freezing cold weather all night is rough. Any one who stood in that line you a real one! Haha

Yeah it was definitely a very challenging night...the cold was something I can deal with, but the RAIN made it a little rougher

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:20 am

ocwankenobi wrote:if the price is 100 dollars plus tax. and truly limited to 204 for the 10 inch. i think under 300 might have to be a "good" price and will go up.

is what it is. is it really worth for sneaker guys to do this. i would think their margin of profit would be higher and in their comfy home and computer. but i make that statement with zero knowledge of what profit they turn with shoes lol.

You still haven't bought one? I'm disappointed! :D
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:15 am

Paint color is awesome!

Kullekter89

Postby Kullekter89 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:22 am

CaseyJones14 wrote:http://popvinyls.com/2018/11/06/special-funko-mickey-mouse-colorways-available-at-mickey-mouse-exhibit-in-nyc/?fbclid=IwAR2Cvog7PIIo5jsvMb2BLEqQYKAXf_7axBLSQB-7vILU92ZPpb61I1DNN4M

All I want is December 29th one! Gonna be hard but I’m sure there’s good people who would help! I know there is!
:freddy3:

Here to help other fellow funatics in anyway and everyway that I can.

Main ISO
RED SKULL
WHITE RANGER (GITD)

Cchavez77

Postby Cchavez77 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:44 am

brooklyn_geek wrote:
Cchavez77 wrote:
jondru wrote:ty for the info... 8pm the night before? wow... awesome

Yeah it was definitely a very challenging night...the cold was something I can deal with, but the RAIN made it a little rougher

I mean it’s not gonna get easier right? With all the releases going up to Jan. It’ll prob only get colder.
Funko Hollywood Grand opening
Funko Fundays 18-19
Sdcc 07-08, 18-19

ETphonehome

Postby ETphonehome » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:45 am

Good luck all who will be braving the line to get these!

ryusilva23

Postby ryusilva23 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:42 am

Cchavez77 wrote:
brooklyn_geek wrote:
Cchavez77 wrote:

I mean it’s not gonna get easier right? With all the releases going up to Jan. It’ll prob only get colder.

That's a given, some people I have talked to don't plan to keep going every other Saturday. I think the smart ones will have their cars parked nearby while they have people they are with in line and rotating shifts waiting in line. Not everyone has a car to wait in, so they will probably go to some public location and wait there. The hardcore people will probably be there, there won't be anymore 10 inch Mickey Colorways... but there will be a new Enamel Pin Set and the 4" inch Mickey's every other Saturday until they hit the final one which is right before the Exhibit wraps up.
Last edited by ryusilva23 on Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

volsspongebob

Postby volsspongebob » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:59 am

You guys who got these are beasts to deal with all the conditions and the craziness. Well done. Hopefully it will get easier each Saturday.
Love to Collect the 80s stuff. Also chasing the OG Rocky Set. First Funko Purchase was 2012 SDCC.

MISSING FUNDAYS ON A DAILY BASIS!!

[size=85]Image

brooklyn_geek

Postby brooklyn_geek » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:27 am

ryusilva23 wrote:
Cchavez77 wrote:
brooklyn_geek wrote:Yeah it was definitely a very challenging night...the cold was something I can deal with, but the RAIN made it a little rougher

That's a given, some people I have talked to don't plan to keep going every other Saturday. I think the smart ones will have their cars parked nearby while they have people they are with in line and rotating shifts waiting in line. Not everyone has a car to wait in, so they will probably go to some public location and wait there. The hardcore people will probably be there, there won't be anymore 10 inch Mickey Colorways... but there will be a new Enamel Pin Set and the 4" inch Mickey's every other Saturday until they hit the final one which is right before the Expo wraps up.

I'll be there just out of sheer stubbornness lol
Seriously the cold is big issue but the rain and being wet AND cold was way worse. I have a contingency to deal with that and will likely end up getting all the pins etc as well by the time it's all said and done. I look forward to seeing some more people from the board and IG on the lines...this will be interesting. ;-)

jondru

Postby jondru » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:28 pm

Rock stars .. is all I can say.. awesome passion
Andrew

Chernabog

Postby Chernabog » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:05 pm

It'd be cool if they put the exhibit out in california once it's over in New York

LovesTheSnow76

Postby LovesTheSnow76 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:51 pm

brooklyn_geek wrote:
ryusilva23 wrote:
Cchavez77 wrote:

Sounds very chaotic. Congrats to everyone who stuck it out and got one.

Kaljor

Postby Kaljor » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:00 pm

LovesTheSnow76 wrote:
brooklyn_geek wrote:
ryusilva23 wrote:

Sounds very chaotic. Congrats to everyone who stuck it out and got one.

You should have brought a pair of authentic looking Nike Mag 2016 and tossed them near the sneaker heads and watched as they battled over them.
My Name is Ernie

Beaniiman

Postby Beaniiman » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:16 pm

brooklyn_geek wrote:
Cchavez77 wrote:
jondru wrote:ty for the info... 8pm the night before? wow... awesome

Cold/rainy weather sounds rough. That makes standing in line for SDCC look easy.
ßeaniiman :freddy3:

jondru

Postby jondru » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:30 pm

hopefully no snow like yesterday
Andrew

ditbu13oi

Postby ditbu13oi » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:25 am

Chernabog wrote:It'd be cool if they put the exhibit out in california once it's over in New York

Imagine the line.... :eek:

ocwankenobi

Postby ocwankenobi » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:29 am

ditbu13oi wrote:
Chernabog wrote:It'd be cool if they put the exhibit out in california once it's over in New York

Imagine the line.... :eek:

the carnage.........
(Signature powered by VALOR Industries 4.0)

ryusilva23

Postby ryusilva23 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:34 pm

jondru wrote:hopefully no snow like yesterday

It’s every other Saturday, nothing for today.

Karebear101083

Postby Karebear101083 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:11 pm

So sad that I don't live anywhere near NY, I really like this wave of Mickey's.

Shertle

Postby Shertle » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:21 am

Might wanna pay attention to funko shop tomorrow afternoon. Might see a little, and a big mouse show up on there

funko_gtx91

Postby funko_gtx91 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:13 am

That looks awesome I wish I was there :freddy2:

Return to “Pop!”