First Appearance Comic POPS

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
volsspongebob

First Appearance Comic POPS

Postby volsspongebob » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:49 pm

I have enjoyed some of the first appearance comic Pops like last year's Black Panther First Appearance and the Collector Corps Vision First Appearance Pops. I like to display them next to their comic counterparts. Curious to see if there are other geeks out there that like to do that and if anyone else would like to see more first comic appearance Pops from DC and Marvel. I think it brings some good variants and puts some freshness into some of the DC and Marvel POPs that we all already have.
Love to Collect the 80s stuff. Also chasing the OG Rocky Set. First Funko Purchase was 2012 SDCC.

MISSING FUNDAYS ON A DAILY BASIS!!

[size=85]Image

Classier

Re: First Appearance Comic POPS

Postby Classier » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:41 pm

I think they’re great. More, please!

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:36 pm

I absolutely love the first appearance/comic variants of the DC and Marvel heroes. I was happy when Funko announced the Tales of Suspense #39 and #40 Iron Man Pops. I love them so much i have two of each of those pops. I also really loved the Comic version of Vision and Ant-Man! I hope they come out with Thor next. Eventually i will display them with their actual Comicbooks when i get my own place. My all-time comic grail is Tales of Suspense #39, so hopefully one day i can own that in at least a fair grade.
Hey there, I'm Michael and I am an Iron Man Junkie!
Iron Man POP! Collection (Production Pieces): COMPLETE
Iron Man Proto Count: 50
Iron Man Wacky Wobblers: IN PROGRESS

ISO: Gold Mark 2 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold Mark 1 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold and Silver 1/12 Freddy Stark Wobblers, and IRON MAN RELATED PROTOS

Check out my IG: @triifeckta
ImageImage

DurtyDusty

Postby DurtyDusty » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:04 pm

I’d love to see this with X-men, that first issue with Archangel, Beast, Jean Grey, Cyclops, and Iceman. Even a first issue brown Wolverine unmasked. Lot of potential.
:wwe7: It’s Vader TIME

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:25 pm

It would be cool if they came in a package, instead of a shirt, with a reprint of the first appearance so you could display them together.

MrSmileyFace

Postby MrSmileyFace » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:14 am

Totally on board with this.
They need to make

Comic book Hawkeye and Scarlet Witch pops since the movie version doesn’t capture the true essence of the characters I envision from my childhood comic book reading
- Ray
Instagram: grail_collector
Funko funatic Rookie of the Year nominee 2019

ImageImage

War19872002

Postby War19872002 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:57 pm

I would so love these

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:28 pm

I LOVE 'em and would love to see more!
Image Image Image Image
First Funko Product: Captain Rex Wobbler
First POP: Deadpool

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:21 pm

MrSmileyFace wrote:Totally on board with this.
They need to make

Comic book Hawkeye and Scarlet Witch pops since the movie version doesn’t capture the true essence of the characters I envision from my childhood comic book reading

Yeah those two look considerably different than their movie interpretations, they would make great additions to the classic heroes lineup.

ISO: Gold Mark 2 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold Mark 1 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold and Silver 1/12 Freddy Stark Wobblers, and IRON MAN RELATED PROTOS

ImageImage

funkystark
Hall of Fame Class of 2011
Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Postby funkystark » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:29 pm

TriFeckTa wrote:I absolutely love the first appearance/comic variants of the DC and Marvel heroes. I was happy when Funko announced the Tales of Suspense #39 and #40 Iron Man Pops. I love them so much i have two of each of those pops. I also really loved the Comic version of Vision and Ant-Man! I hope they come out with Thor next. Eventually i will display them with their actual Comicbooks when i get my own place. My all-time comic grail is Tales of Suspense #39, so hopefully one day i can own that in at least a fair grade.

Grab that 9.0 on Ebay before you miss your chance lol

yanban

Postby yanban » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:49 pm

I love these. Being a comic person originally, this really appeals to me.

XSRK

Postby XSRK » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:17 pm

When I was younger I loved collect first appearance comics so im all in! Would love a first appearance Batman n Joker! It’s a dream of mine to own the comics!

Nooklin

Postby Nooklin » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:21 pm

Wolverine with cat suit?

JJLecaros

Postby JJLecaros » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:16 pm

instead of movie moments, I would love comic moments and have them be classic covers.

War19872002

Postby War19872002 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:28 pm

JJLecaros wrote:instead of movie moments, I would love comic moments and have them be classic covers.

Yes with the comic scene in the backgound

MrSmileyFace

Postby MrSmileyFace » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:05 pm

JJLecaros wrote:instead of movie moments, I would love comic moments and have them be classic covers.

Great idea =D>
- Ray
Instagram: grail_collector
Funko funatic Rookie of the Year nominee 2019

ImageImage

The Popfather

Postby The Popfather » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:56 pm

I would love more first appearance characters from Marvel and DC Comics. There are quite a few characters in both lines that have not been made yet. I see a lot of potential for lines of first appearance characters. Would love to see Hawkeye and Thor especially. Hoping for more villains too. Would love to see Baron Zemo, Kang the Conqueror, and Galactus.
The Popfather- Head of the Popfia!

digithor

Postby digithor » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:19 pm

That's a neat idea, has me thinking of ways to display them together.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

CoachJDDesigns

Postby CoachJDDesigns » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:49 am

This is what I was thinking too. So many possibilities and covers that can be made.

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:38 am

funkystark wrote:
TriFeckTa wrote:I absolutely love the first appearance/comic variants of the DC and Marvel heroes. I was happy when Funko announced the Tales of Suspense #39 and #40 Iron Man Pops. I love them so much i have two of each of those pops. I also really loved the Comic version of Vision and Ant-Man! I hope they come out with Thor next. Eventually i will display them with their actual Comicbooks when i get my own place. My all-time comic grail is Tales of Suspense #39, so hopefully one day i can own that in at least a fair grade.

Grab that 9.0 on Ebay before you miss your chance lol

Gosh i wish....one day man, one day lol
It could be worse though, it could cost the price of Amazing Fantasy #15 then i would never be able to even dream about it lol

ImageImage

JJLecaros

Postby JJLecaros » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:54 am

CoachJDDesigns wrote:

This is what I was thinking too. So many possibilities and covers that can be made.

Right!!!

JJLecaros

Postby JJLecaros » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:55 am

MrSmileyFace wrote:

Great idea =D>

Thank you thank you lol

sushiguru

Postby sushiguru » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:44 am

Id like to see a first appearance of any of the Fantastic Four

volsspongebob

Postby volsspongebob » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:07 am

I would like to have a first appearance of Drax POP to go with Iron Man 55 (also Thanos's first appearance). Every time my GOTG fanatic 11 year old looks at Drax on that cover he thinks its the weirdest thing. But he appreciates it and even knows Jim Starlin drew it. Raising him right!
Love to Collect the 80s stuff. Also chasing the OG Rocky Set. First Funko Purchase was 2012 SDCC.

[size=85]Image

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:34 am

I can totally appreciate this line!

War19872002

Postby War19872002 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:48 pm

sushiguru wrote:Id like to see a first appearance of any of the Fantastic Four

Yes, especially the torch :)

Detolf

Postby Detolf » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:44 pm

Yes, yes, yes... I am a big fan of having the Comic Appearance of Pops next to their MCU counterpart. I was so glad to finally get Vision, Black Panther, and Ant-Man to go along with their movie versions. I really hope we see Comic Versions of Black Widow, Scarlet Witch, Hawkeye, Thor (Why hasn't this been done yet????), Gamora, Drax, Groot, and even some villains like Ultron, Loki, and Thanos.
Detolf
Your Favorite Ikea Shelf

IG: @funko.pop.addict

sushiguru

Postby sushiguru » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:46 am

just the thought of the possibilities is amazing

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:05 am

If they could do first appearance Wolverine in a way that it looks different from the first Wolverine pop, I'd be extremely interested. The black parts of his mask should be shorter, but if I'm not mistaken the rest of his costume is pretty close, so maybe make them shorter and do an action pose or something and there you go!

Besides that I am REALLY hoping for first appearance X-Men, especially the first five, which I am hoping they are doing in the next MCC box, or starting it there anyway.
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 716ish
Dorbz: 34
Mystery Minis: 33
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

volsspongebob

Postby volsspongebob » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:20 am

Jezter wrote:If they could do first appearance Wolverine in a way that it looks different from the first Wolverine pop, I'd be extremely interested. The black parts of his mask should be shorter, but if I'm not mistaken the rest of his costume is pretty close, so maybe make them shorter and do an action pose or something and there you go!

Besides that I am REALLY hoping for first appearance X-Men, especially the first five, which I am hoping they are doing in the next MCC box, or starting it there anyway.

If they can have a duplicate of the leaping Wolverine from the last panel from Hulk 180 then that would be amazing. That last box to that describes him in that panel - "He's a living raging powerhouse who's bound to knock you back on your emerald posterior." Ha. Such goodness.

[size=85]Image

Swatrob

Postby Swatrob » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:21 am

Colors and costumes change so much that it would be cool to have them and now pops. Two packs would be cool as well
Walking Dead Super Fan, collector of random sets, Harry Potter, Star Wars, horror, Disney, and a few other here and there. Funko Funclub member. Have luckily attended Fundays, collecting since early 2000’s.

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:27 am

volsspongebob wrote:
Jezter wrote:If they could do first appearance Wolverine in a way that it looks different from the first Wolverine pop, I'd be extremely interested. The black parts of his mask should be shorter, but if I'm not mistaken the rest of his costume is pretty close, so maybe make them shorter and do an action pose or something and there you go!

If they can have a duplicate of the leaping Wolverine from the last panel from Hulk 180 then that would be amazing. That last box to that describes him in that panel - "He's a living raging powerhouse who's bound to knock you back on your emerald posterior." Ha. Such goodness.

I'd be happy with that. In a way it's unfortunate the way pops are with the giant heads, so they are somewhat limited in action poses they can do, but I'm down with any new Wolverine they want to make!
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 716ish
Dorbz: 34
Mystery Minis: 33
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

Jalapenopete

Postby Jalapenopete » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:33 am

This line is great the most recent being wonder woman, the hulk came out really nice too, the 1st appearance was an awesome idea two thumbs up very creative
:freddy3:

cheekylyssa

Postby cheekylyssa » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:29 pm

TriFeckTa wrote:
MrSmileyFace wrote:Totally on board with this.
They need to make

Yeah those two look considerably different than their movie interpretations, they would make great additions to the classic heroes lineup.

I also would love this - and am also on board with ol’ skool Scarlet Witch. I feel like we already got my two most wanted first appearance looks as pops (golden age Wonder Woman and golden age Catwoman). I’d love to see a classic Thor just to see my hubs do the happy dance.. ;)

Chernabog

Postby Chernabog » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:32 pm

Would love to see some more eventually, maybe some more obscure characters would be cool as well.

Return to “Pop!”