What Funko POP! would you like to see a re-release of in a different mold/pose?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
d00dz

Re: What Funko POP! would you like to see a re-release of in a different mold/pose?

Postby d00dz » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:27 pm

Joesandwich123 wrote:
d00dz wrote:The OG pop rocks line with Elvis, Michael Jackson, Beatles, etc.

Not a fan with the original molds so I really do hope they release new better looking molds eventually

Exactly this. I have many of the old pop rocks line and they look dated by today's standards. They could use a refresh!
ImageImageImage Image

racheva

Re: What Funko POP! would you like to see a re-release of in a different mold/pose?

Postby racheva » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:12 pm

Hoping Funko steers clear of anymore Michael Jackson pops. I get why people still love him, but no thank you.
SDCC 2011-2023; Fundays 2016-2022; NYCC 2014-2022; Fright Night II 2022; SWCO 2017; D23 Expo 2015/2017

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:45 pm

racheva wrote:Hoping Funko steers clear of anymore Michael Jackson pops. I get why people still love him, but no thank you.

I just can't after watching the documentary. I think it's best they steer clear.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Rantt

Postby Rantt » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:09 pm

The Golden Girls!!!!
:freddy2: Kent Chua

ISO: AstroBoy Protos, Maleficent Protos, Funko Freddy Protos.

Clutch

Postby Clutch » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:48 pm

Mike Wazowski.
Fundays 16’, 17’, 18’, 19’, 22’, FDO8 Chicago, FunkyHundo, Hollywood Grand Opening, Fright Night 22, MaskOWeen 22’, AquaSox Opening night, SDCC 9 years running, NYCC 6 years running and so much more. Largest Pokemon Prototype collector.

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:15 pm

Clutch wrote:Mike Wazowski.

I had read somewhere that Funko chose not to do a release of Mike Wazowski because there isn't much that you can do to really create a new version. They stated that the character was so simple there's not much detail they could add to make it vary from the original
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

EctoSpider

Postby EctoSpider » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:49 pm

Leonidas for sure. They could do him holding the spear and shield with the helmet. Really wish they would do a whole line of 300 Pops, many great designs.

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:32 pm

EctoSpider wrote:Leonidas for sure. They could do him holding the spear and shield with the helmet. Really wish they would do a whole line of 300 Pops, many great designs.

I'm surprised that they haven't done any more 300 POP! other than Leonidas. Even if they did a update version of Leonidas - it would look sooooooo much better now.
PopPChulo

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

POPFan4life

Postby POPFan4life » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:38 pm

PopPChulo wrote:

I had read somewhere that Funko chose not to do a release of Mike Wazowski because there isn't much that you can do to really create a new version. They stated that the character was so simple there's not much detail they could add to make it vary from the original

Bummer I missed out on him twice. Better get Sulley (the new pose of him waving) because they might not make another one after this one!!! Good thing I have Boo!

o2thedbld5

Postby o2thedbld5 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:55 am

Thumper!!! Because why does Stitch get all the spotlight with molds not even from the movies.

Queen Amidala in different outfits

Jiminy Cricket and Pinocchio
This be Aud, o2thedbld, odd!
Fav pop: Thumper :bunny:
ISO: The Jesus from The Big Lebowski, Audrey Hepburn Wacky Wobbler, Mars Attacks Martian

ImageImageImage

SchoolBoyQ

Postby SchoolBoyQ » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:32 am

Dr. Doom
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

jesusunzueta89

Postby jesusunzueta89 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:14 am

With Funko Doing 2 new Dark Phoenix Molds, I would love to see the regular Green and White Phoenix on a different Pose, that would be cool
:fdo91:

Road to 1000 Marvel POP's

MacKazoo

Postby MacKazoo » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:31 am

PopPChulo wrote:

Why not do a remold like of him waving with a little smirk like how they did Sulley.
Just your average Muppet fan who loves Pops.
Funko Wish List: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/poppriceguide/users/muppetspot

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:32 pm

MacKazoo wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

Why not do a remold like of him waving with a little smirk like how they did Sulley.

I'd have nothing against this - I think it'd be perfect but Funko seems to think that the character would look the same #-o
PopPChulo

MacKazoo

Postby MacKazoo » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:55 am

PopPChulo wrote:
MacKazoo wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

I'd have nothing against this - I think it'd be perfect but Funko seems to think that the character would look the same #-o

Thank you, I hope Funko changes their mind over Mike especially with how pricey he is.
Funko Wish List: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/poppriceguide/users/muppetspot

franzsy0519

Postby franzsy0519 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:12 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
MacKazoo wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

Simply changing the hand gestures would be enough! Like Mike in a scaring kind of pose. Do it Funko! lol
Funko Funatic Philippines since Oct. 2013 \:D/

d00dz

Postby d00dz » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:35 pm

Ultraman with Ultra Beam pose!
ImageImageImage Image

MacKazoo

Postby MacKazoo » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:52 pm

franzsy0519 wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
MacKazoo wrote:Why not do a remold like of him waving with a little smirk like how they did Sulley.

Simply changing the hand gestures would be enough! Like Mike in a scaring kind of pose. Do it Funko! lol

I would like waving pose and maybe a little smirk to go along side with the new Sully

POPFan4life

Postby POPFan4life » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:52 pm

Fozzie from the Muppets. I REALLY want a POP of Fozzie. I missed out on the original one and its too much money for me to get now. Maybe make a new one of him holding a rubber chicken or him with a microphone doing stand up?

MacKazoo

Postby MacKazoo » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:42 am

POPFan4life wrote:Fozzie from the Muppets. I REALLY want a POP of Fozzie. I missed out on the original one and its too much money for me to get now. Maybe make a new one of him holding a rubber chicken or him with a microphone doing stand up?

I think Fozzie holding a rubber chicken and the microphone would be a nice release. I still have my wacky wobbler

ChrisPardoooh

Postby ChrisPardoooh » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:19 pm

How about a Planet Arlia Vegeta so I wouldn’t have to sell my kidney for 1.
Funko FunKlub Member #15822
Funko Funklub 2016 Member #773

POP! count: 115
Dorbz count: 11
PoP! Milestone!
100th - Super Saiyan God Goku

ImageImageImage

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Wed May 15, 2019 12:47 am

MacKazoo wrote:
franzsy0519 wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

I would like waving pose and maybe a little smirk to go along side with the new Sully

Im completely not opposed to scare pose twinkly finger wachowski
PopPChulo

matrixman9

Postby matrixman9 » Wed May 15, 2019 12:56 am

Mayor from nightmare before christmas. The old one is way too expensive for me. Would be cool if they make a pop ride with him in his car

nerdgirlcustoms

Postby nerdgirlcustoms » Wed May 15, 2019 12:59 am

I'd love to see new ones of basically anything that's in the old "squat" pose lol

CaliCollectibles
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby CaliCollectibles » Wed May 15, 2019 1:12 am

First batch of Simpsons characters, Thubdercats, and TMNT!
Hi, I'm L.J. :spiderman: US Navy Veteran

Proto ISO: US Navy Sailor (Dress Whites), Inspector Gadget, Romeo (Romeo & Juliet).

Instagram/Twitter/YouTube: CaliCollectibles
https://www.instagram.com/calicollectibles

Techwrecker

Postby Techwrecker » Wed May 15, 2019 1:42 am

The1one1 wrote:I’d love to see Dr. Doom sitting on his throne. After the Thanos throne release it got me excited for a Doom throne too!

Finally someone said it yes Dr Doom on his throne would be awesome to have =D> \:D/ :D

Techwrecker

Postby Techwrecker » Wed May 15, 2019 1:48 am

Judge dredd on his motorcycle or holding his weapon would be awesome, Cortana from Halo would awesome GITD. Either the amazing Spider-Man or some of the My Hero Academia ones would be kool as well.

funkepops

Postby funkepops » Wed May 15, 2019 2:32 am

Power rangers!!
Image Image Image

Follow me on IG: http://www.instagram.com/funkepops
ISO: Regular Tony the Tiger, OG ad icons pops

magicalme

Postby magicalme » Wed May 15, 2019 2:50 am

NCDS wrote:
racheva wrote:Hoping Funko steers clear of anymore Michael Jackson pops. I get why people still love him, but no thank you.

I just can't after watching the documentary. I think it's best they steer clear.

I think they will steer clear. I actually knew Wade Robson back when this was going on (he was a good friend of my friend) and no one had any inkling this was happening. So heartbreaking ...
http://www.instagram.com/magicalme359

GRAIL ISO:
OG Cereal Monsters

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Wed May 15, 2019 12:43 pm

funkepops wrote:Power rangers!!

Its be dope to see the rangers with their weapons.
PopPChulo

mikechickenhead

Postby mikechickenhead » Wed May 15, 2019 12:45 pm

Mayor from NBC
HEY HO! FUNKO!

ImageImage Image Image
Fundays. 3 FDO. 3

MacKazoo

Postby MacKazoo » Wed May 15, 2019 12:55 pm

mikechickenhead wrote:Mayor from NBC

I second that idea for the Mayor

mikechickenhead

Postby mikechickenhead » Wed May 15, 2019 12:57 pm

MacKazoo wrote:

Easier than paying 400 bucks for it LOL!
HEY HO! FUNKO!

ImageImage Image Image
Fundays. 3 FDO. 3

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed May 15, 2019 1:04 pm

Rocky
Spider-Gwen in an action post
plenty of anime
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

MacKazoo

Postby MacKazoo » Wed May 15, 2019 1:22 pm

mikechickenhead wrote:
MacKazoo wrote:

Easier than paying 400 bucks for it LOL!

I can’t do that for a pop. Though I saw someone drop 500 bucks for him at Wondercon

Shalee04

Postby Shalee04 » Wed May 15, 2019 1:40 pm

Flocked Lotso!!!! \:D/ \:D/
They call me Kelly :smt031
OOB deals I love to find.

Disney is my first love whether it be pops, Dorbz , minis or dolls.

Pops and Dorbz -2000+~~~ I have lost count actually
Minis-450+
Protos-2 Dug with cone from my first fundays in 2016
And
Baby Groot with bomb from 2018

Techwrecker

Postby Techwrecker » Thu May 23, 2019 3:31 pm

Dr doom for me and for my girlfriend wants Mike wazowski from Monsters Inc.

MacKazoo

Postby MacKazoo » Fri May 24, 2019 11:25 am

Kermit The Frog please.

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Fri May 24, 2019 12:39 pm

I'd love a Tenya from MHA, maybe with his mask on. His vaulted version is slowly creeping in price and with all the summer events coming up, I haven't been able to pull the trigger on buying him.
Hi, I’m Steph.

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sat May 25, 2019 9:36 pm

Techwrecker wrote:Dr doom for me and for my girlfriend wants Mike wazowski from Monsters Inc.

I read the reason we havent gotten a new mike is due to funko not wanting to release anything that is to similar to the original mold. :( idk if we will see a new mike but itd be dope if we did
PopPChulo

Return to “Pop!”