The Defenders - Properly saying farewell to the Netflix Marvel Shows.

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Forgotten_Stranger

The Defenders - Properly saying farewell to the Netflix Marvel Shows.

Postby Forgotten_Stranger » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:10 am

Before I go further, I searched around for a similar topic as well as the proper place to post this. This is my first post here so if I made a mistake, I am sorry.

With the recent cancellation of Daredevil it is pretty clear that the Netflix part of the MCU is closing shop. I think it would be a nice farewell/celebration of that part of the MCU with a Defenders set of pops. As it stands only three of the four defenders have received a pop based on the series. Even then, Luke Cage was based on his Jessica Jones look. I personally would suggest 7 pops for the set.

Daredevil - Matthew Murdock
Jessica Jones
Luke Cage
Iron Fist - Danny Rand
Mercedes "Misty" Knight
Colleen Wing
Claire Temple

The first four should be obvious, especially Danny Rand who has not gotten a pop based on the Netflix portrayal. (Perhaps they could be based on the elevator scene?) The remaining three I feel should be included due to their contribution to the universe through-out the Netflix run. (I know people have mixed feeling of the actresses but the characters were definitely important to the many series.) There are plenty more from the Netflix shows that are worthy of a Pop but, I tried to keep it simple in hopes of a higher chance of being made. Of course these leave out, Luke Cage Season 2 Misty, Iron Fist Season 2 finale Danny Rand and Colleen Wing (avoiding spoilers). Not to mention the dozen or so other great characters like Bushmaster, Steel Serpent, Mary Walker, Kilgrave, Cottonmouth, James Wesley, Poindexter and many others. Hopefully, other people want this as much as I do, and maybe someone at Funko HQ would be willing to put in a good word for the Defenders team.

Before I go, I wanted to add three other pops from the MCU that I feel have been overlooked. There are many others but these three stand out the most. I don't think it warrants their own thread but, I still think they were accidentally skipped and overdue for a pop.

Quicksilver - Age of Ultron
I know he didn't have the best time in the movie and that the Fox version is more popular but it seems unfair to leave out one of the Avengers who took down Ultron. (As long as he doesn't end up like Yamcha's Pop -.-)

Wong - Doctor Strange, Avenger's Infinity War
I will say it is a little, Strange, that there was no Doctor Strange in the Infinity War set. But, it is even more upsetting that Wong doesn't have a pop at all. Aside from fighting alongside Mordo and Doctor Strange against Kaecilius and his minions, he also fight in New York against the children of Thanos. (Did more work than Bruce did...) He was even invited to Tony's wedding. He deserves a Pop. (Sidenote - on the topic of Doctor Strange, a Doctor Strange vs Dormammu would make an amazing movie moment.)

Agent Everett Ross - Captain America Civil War, Black Panther
While his role in Civil War wasn't very extensive, his role in Black Panther was considerable. Aside from being one of the few characters from Black Panther to not have a Pop, Everett Ross also seems like a genuinely good guy deserving of a place among the Wakandan heroes.

Anyway, that's all. Hopefully, other Funko fans also feel the Defenders should get a farewell from Funko. (And maybe that a few other MCU characters have been overlooked.)

d00dz

Re: The Defenders - Properly saying farewell to the Netflix Marvel Shows.

Postby d00dz » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:44 am

Don't forget the villains like Elektra and Madame Gao, etc!
ImageImageImage Image

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:32 am

Madame Gao...and the supposed new Bullseye!

Cephus

Postby Cephus » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:34 pm

They are only getting pulled from Netflix because Disney wants to move Marvel shows to their own streaming service.

MrSmileyFace

Postby MrSmileyFace » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:39 pm

Forgotten_Stranger wrote:Before I go further, I searched around for a similar topic as well as the proper place to post this. This is my first post here so if I made a mistake, I am sorry.

With the recent cancellation of Daredevil it is pretty clear that the Netflix part of the MCU is closing shop. I think it would be a nice farewell/celebration of that part of the MCU with a Defenders set of pops. As it stands only three of the four defenders have received a pop based on the series. Even then, Luke Cage was based on his Jessica Jones look. I personally would suggest 7 pops for the set.

Jessica Jones
Luke Cage
Iron Fist - Danny Rand
Mercedes "Misty" Knight
Colleen Wing
Claire Temple

The first four should be obvious, especially Danny Rand who has not gotten a pop based on the Netflix portrayal. (Perhaps they could be based on the elevator scene?) The remaining three I feel should be included due to their contribution to the universe through-out the Netflix run. (I know people have mixed feeling of the actresses but the characters were definitely important to the many series.) There are plenty more from the Netflix shows that are worthy of a Pop but, I tried to keep it simple in hopes of a higher chance of being made. Of course these leave out, Luke Cage Season 2 Misty, Iron Fist Season 2 finale Danny Rand and Colleen Wing (avoiding spoilers). Not to mention the dozen or so other great characters like Bushmaster, Steel Serpent, Mary Walker, Kilgrave, Cottonmouth, James Wesley, Poindexter and many others. Hopefully, other people want this as much as I do, and maybe someone at Funko HQ would be willing to put in a good word for the Defenders team.

Before I go, I wanted to add three other pops from the MCU that I feel have been overlooked. There are many others but these three stand out the most. I don't think it warrants their own thread but, I still think they were accidentally skipped and overdue for a pop.

I know he didn't have the best time in the movie and that the Fox version is more popular but it seems unfair to leave out one of the Avengers who took down Ultron. (As long as he doesn't end up like Yamcha's Pop -.-)

I will say it is a little, Strange, that there was no Doctor Strange in the Infinity War set. But, it is even more upsetting that Wong doesn't have a pop at all. Aside from fighting alongside Mordo and Doctor Strange against Kaecilius and his minions, he also fight in New York against the children of Thanos. (Did more work than Bruce did...) He was even invited to Tony's wedding. He deserves a Pop. (Sidenote - on the topic of Doctor Strange, a Doctor Strange vs Dormammu would make an amazing movie moment.)

While his role in Civil War wasn't very extensive, his role in Black Panther was considerable. Aside from being one of the few characters from Black Panther to not have a Pop, Everett Ross also seems like a genuinely good guy deserving of a place among the Wakandan heroes.

Anyway, that's all. Hopefully, other Funko fans also feel the Defenders should get a farewell from Funko. (And maybe that a few other MCU characters have been overlooked.)

As a Marvel and DC comic fan/reader who has enjoyed the characters come to life on film, I would be down for all and any Pop versions you named
- Ray
Instagram: grail_collector
Funko funatic Rookie of the Year nominee 2019

ImageImage

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:29 am

Looks like Jessica Jones and Punisher might be done too after their upcoming seasons.

Classier

Postby Classier » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:38 am

Cephus wrote:They are only getting pulled from Netflix because Disney wants to move Marvel shows to their own streaming service.

Not true.
https://screenrant.com/netflixs-marvel-shows-arent-moving-disney-plus/

Detolf

Postby Detolf » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:54 pm

I definitely agree with this! It always bothers me that we were able to get amazing pops of 4 different Daredevil looks and a pretty good Jessica Jones but no Iron Fist or Luke Cage (from his own show). I hope that we get to see this one day, but I really don't think the odds are in our favor.
Detolf
Your Favorite Ikea Shelf

IG: @funko.pop.addict

Marvelous WD

Postby Marvelous WD » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:06 pm

Yeah. I was hoping for more to finish my display one more pop for 3 of the 4

Daredevil with Charlie’s autograph. The only one complete.
Spoiler: show
Image]

Jessica Jones
Image]

Luke Cage
Image]

Iron Fist
Image]

Full display where Defenders meets Infinity War

jondru

Postby jondru » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:05 pm

i enjoyed Defenders a lot
Andrew

The Popfather

Postby The Popfather » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:18 pm

I like this idea a lot. Would especially like to have a Madame Gao Pop.
The Popfather- Head of the Popfia!

sushiguru

Postby sushiguru » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:43 pm

I thought defenders was pretty underrated. Too bad it didnt go longer

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:33 am

I would totally love to have a pop of Bullseye, still reeling from the effects of the cancellations :(
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

Cephus

Postby Cephus » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:51 pm

Classier wrote:
Cephus wrote:They are only getting pulled from Netflix because Disney wants to move Marvel shows to their own streaming service.

Not true.

None of that means they can't recast and remake the shows, probably with a more family-friendly focus, on Disney. They will have the rights to Daredevil, Luke Cage, Punisher, Jessica Jones (probably after a final season since it's already filmed) and Iron Fist again, to do with what they want.

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:31 pm

I was just getting into the Defenders, sad that it got cancelled, but do understand how Disney want the shows for themselves. lol
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

Thrillofthehunt

Postby Thrillofthehunt » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:46 pm

Still need to see season 3 or DD. Too bad it's canceled, heard several say it was the best yet. I don't know if we will get more pops netflix getting out of marvel biz, but would be pretty cool tho
:freddy3: Image ImageImage

ericmonkey

Postby ericmonkey » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:42 am

Classier wrote:

Not true.

Then Hulu is a possibility for those shows to move too. Tough to think they are fully cancelled after their success. Just cancelled on Netflix.

Cephus

Postby Cephus » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:30 pm

lavery01 wrote:I was just getting into the Defenders, sad that it got cancelled, but do understand how Disney want the shows for themselves. lol

Considering how badly they got burned by selling the rights for Spider-Man, X-Men and Fantastic Four back in the 90s, I can certainly understand wanting creative control over everything today. Marvel movies almost always make a huge profit. Sony and Fox... not so much.

The Head

Postby The Head » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:39 pm

Marvelous WD wrote:Full display where Defenders meets Infinity War

This looks great!! Nice job on the spacing. I always seem to struggle with that when I get put stuff up on the walls.

XSRK

Postby XSRK » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:24 am

Forgotten_Stranger wrote:Before I go further, I searched around for a similar topic as well as the proper place to post this. This is my first post here so if I made a mistake, I am sorry.

Jessica Jones
Luke Cage
Iron Fist - Danny Rand
Mercedes "Misty" Knight
Colleen Wing
Claire Temple

Wait....hold on....daredevil got cancelled? What? Why?

XSRK

Postby XSRK » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:26 am

Classier wrote:

Not true.

So your saying there’s a chance lol

Disney has to finalize the acquisition of fox than move the shows to Hulu...

Return to “Pop!”