Batman: The Dark Knight Funko POP!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
PopPChulo

Batman: The Dark Knight Funko POP!

Postby PopPChulo » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:35 pm

Hey,

So I was sitting back thinking... The Dark Knight Trilogy by Christopher Nolan was an excellent series and had a lot of different characters that could be made into Funko POP! - They did the Bank Robber.. but why can't we get The Joker in Nurse Gown? As well as Bruce Wayne? or Maybe even some of the various suit interactions in the franchise.. ? I also wouldn't mind having maybe a Scarecrow based off of the film or maybe some additional Bank Robbers? -

There could also be a Pop Ride! with Joker on the Bus that he used to rob the bank. I feel like there is a missed opportunity to really dig in - also I wouldn't mind new mold of Heath Ledgers Joker! Who doesn't want a new pose? We could even have a Pop Ride with him hanging his head out the vehicle. Or maybe a Batman Vs Joker Movie Moment. .

or Joker and Bruce Wayne when they are at the party. I wouldn't mind new molds of these figures and I feel like it is a huge untapped potential that many collectors may be overlooking at this point. What do you guys think?
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

MrSmileyFace

Re: Batman: The Dark Knight Funko POP!

Postby MrSmileyFace » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:39 pm

PopPChulo wrote:Hey,

So I was sitting back thinking... The Dark Knight Trilogy by Christopher Nolan was an excellent series and had a lot of different characters that could be made into Funko POP! - They did the Bank Robber.. but why can't we get The Joker in Nurse Gown? As well as Bruce Wayne? or Maybe even some of the various suit interactions in the franchise.. ? I also wouldn't mind having maybe a Scarecrow based off of the film or maybe some additional Bank Robbers? -

There could also be a Pop Ride! with Joker on the Bus that he used to rob the bank. I feel like there is a missed opportunity to really dig in - also I wouldn't mind new mold of Heath Ledgers Joker! Who doesn't want a new pose? We could even have a Pop Ride with him hanging his head out the vehicle. Or maybe a Batman Vs Joker Movie Moment. .

or Joker and Bruce Wayne when they are at the party. I wouldn't mind new molds of these figures and I feel like it is a huge untapped potential that many collectors may be overlooking at this point. What do you guys think?

As much as I am a fan of Batman. I think the proverbial “the ship has passed” could sum up seeing any future pops from the Dark Knight trilogy.

There’s a greater chance to see Batman pops if Justice League 2 is made or a cameo in Suicide Squad 2.
- Ray
Instagram: grail_collector
Funko funatic Rookie of the Year nominee 2019

ImageImage

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:56 pm

Some I think are ok but personally I am not a fan of movie moments. But I would like to see some more characters made into pops. Definitely down for a joker in nurse outfit. Along with a scarecrow as well.

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:25 pm

MrSmileyFace wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:Hey,

As much as I am a fan of Batman. I think the proverbial “the ship has passed” could sum up seeing any future pops from the Dark Knight trilogy.

There’s a greater chance to see Batman pops if Justice League 2 is made or a cameo in Suicide Squad 2.

I agree!!!!
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

cheekylyssa

Postby cheekylyssa » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:28 pm

I’d rather see comic versions of Ra’s al Ghul and Talia al Ghul instead of film ones..

grumpysf23

Postby grumpysf23 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:45 pm

Would like to see a movie moment with Joker + Batman of course.

VforVera

Postby VforVera » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:41 am

I love the Nolan trilogy, but I'd be okay if they didn't make any more variants from this line. Tho I do love the nurse Joker idea. I'm just burnt out from all the Batman repaints, variants, etc that's been released and I love Batman! It'd be nice to have a break.

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:14 am

As much as I’d imagine DC would only want the newer movies being made into merch I could definitely see a revival at the 20th anniversary or something, which 2018 is the 10th. I also feel those Nolan Batman Pops came out right before the big boom where we saw multiple series or movies as well as more per series. Two Face would have been awesome including the ones mentioned above.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:47 am

Would love a movie moment but that Nurse Joker is a must for me. Really disappointed when it go canceled but would love for it to suddenly show up somewhere
"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

Strending625
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Strending625 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:59 am

I think it may be too late to see another full wave but I wouldn’t mind a few more in a smaller wave. Nurse Joker and Two-Face would be must haves for me.
Brandon
Duty today for a funner tomorrow
Pops: More than my wife needs to know about lol

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:47 am

Has been a long while, don't think Funko would backtrack!

Mario Wario

Postby Mario Wario » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:46 pm

TJLAUTERBACH wrote:Some I think are ok but personally I am not a fan of movie moments. But I would like to see some more characters made into pops. Definitely down for a joker in nurse outfit. Along with a scarecrow as well.

Oh, I want that! It would be great to see that get made.
:freddy1:

AJLeegion

Postby AJLeegion » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:51 am

Would like movie versions of Ra's Al Ghul, Scarecrow, Two-Face, Commissioner Gordon, plus a new Bane without his coat.

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:30 am

cheekylyssa wrote:I’d rather see comic versions of Ra’s al Ghul and Talia al Ghul instead of film ones..

Yes I would love to se them made into classic comic versions. Perfect add to my DC collection. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

MrSmileyFace

Postby MrSmileyFace » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:41 am

AJLeegion wrote:Would like movie versions of Ra's Al Ghul, Scarecrow, Two-Face, Commissioner Gordon, plus a new Bane without his coat.

They’ve done BTAS Scarecrow and Bane
I do like the idea of a Ra’s al ghul Pop and Commish Gordon but it doesn’t have to be attached or inspired to the Dark knight movie.
- Ray
Instagram: grail_collector
Funko funatic Rookie of the Year nominee 2019

ImageImage

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:00 am

I have wonder this myself. So many opportunities, so many characters. As far as the ship has sailed, I disagree. Funko is making stuff for older movies. Yes, there are other newer Batman movies out there but it's still possible.

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

brooklyn_geek

Postby brooklyn_geek » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:10 am

First off, I LOVE Batman...however there are some 400 plus Batman related Funko items...everything from Pops to Dorbz to Wobblers, Freddy Funko stuff, hikari, etc etc...so I really LOL when people ask for more of it...it's like Deadpool...nothing against the character itself but imo, we've had enough...just sayin...

Rickakatuna

Postby Rickakatuna » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:38 am

Some of those would be great to see but yeah definitely think the ship has passed on this line. Only thing I could see is maybe a vynl 2 pack
Hi Im Ricky
Im into Anime, Marvel, Dc, Disney, Fantastik Plastik, Rick & Morty, Freddy funko and Ad Icons
Pops:700+
Dorbz:30+
Been collecting since 2014
ISO: Dragon Ball Protos and my hero academia

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:19 am

I think Batman is overdone right now so I'm not so big into the Dark Knight series but more Superman :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Image Image Image Image

DMScurvy

Postby DMScurvy » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:55 pm

I knnow there was something about the rights to Nurse Joker. That variant is not in the style guide.

Also...there was not a Two-Face, which would be real good.

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:26 pm

Heck nah - I' trying to get the Nurse Jokey - Even if they made it a SDCC or CON exclusive. That is a dark knight grail that should have been made but for some reason did not got created. I think that The Dark Knight is a HUGE property and one of the best batman movies arguably. I think Funko makes POP! for the most popular properties and although there is a lot of batman. There is not a lot for the Christopher Nolan Trilogy. I feel like it was really under utilized. I think there is at least opportunity for a small second wave.
PopPChulo

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:59 pm

Nurse Joker would be a great SDCC exclusive if anything were to made from the Dark Knight. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Image Image Image Image

TenTwoSix

Postby TenTwoSix » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:03 pm

Tusken wrote:Nurse Joker would be a great SDCC exclusive if anything were to made from the Dark Knight. :freddy3:

Nurse joker is iconic!
Hi, I'm Jerry!

XSRK

Postby XSRK » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:34 am

rexflexall wrote:Has been a long while, don't think Funko would backtrack!

The Dark Knight is my favourite movie. It’s been 10 years since it released I can’t believe it. I know it’s been a long time but I think Heaths performance was so legendary. Funko will definitely pay tribute to him again in same way in the future. Nurse Joker would be amazing. “How about a magic trick?”

bspears82

Postby bspears82 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:21 am

At least 1 movie moment would be cool.

Strending625
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Strending625 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:25 am

bspears82 wrote:At least 1 movie moment would be cool.

I could definitely see them releasing a movie moment or 2 instead of single pops at this point.
Brandon
Duty today for a funner tomorrow
Pops: More than my wife needs to know about lol

Oxayotl

Postby Oxayotl » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:41 am

cheekylyssa wrote:I’d rather see comic versions of Ra’s al Ghul and Talia al Ghul instead of film ones..

Same. Wasn't as big a fan of the third film anyway.

XSRK

Postby XSRK » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:10 am

I saw a Heath Ledger documentary the other day and it said that he stole the detonator for the hospital explosion and set it off before it was suppose too. Maybe that’s why he ran into the bus so quick. He stated he did it because that’s exactly what the joker would do.

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:32 am

XSRK wrote:I saw a Heath Ledger documentary the other day and it said that he stole the detonator for the hospital explosion and set it off before it was suppose too. Maybe that’s why he ran into the bus so quick. He stated he did it because that’s exactly what the joker would do.

Interesting...and crazy just like the Joker! Would have love to see what they would have done with the Joker in the 3rd movie. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Image Image Image Image

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:42 pm

TenTwoSix wrote:
Tusken wrote:Nurse Joker would be a great SDCC exclusive if anything were to made from the Dark Knight. :freddy3:

Nurse joker is iconic!

I think Funko definitely know that people would love a Nurse Joker - That was one of the dopest scenes in film history especially for the batman franchise. Its okay if they don't want to continue the line.. I have hope since they are making so many new batman variants that they will atleast revisit this for a Con Exclusive. Especially because they seem to be pretty tight knit with DC. People would LOVE this exclusive regardless what anyone says. I mean look at Bank Robber & Joker 2 pack - still is a hot commodity to this day.
PopPChulo

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:14 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
TenTwoSix wrote:

Nurse joker is iconic!

I think Funko definitely know that people would love a Nurse Joker - That was one of the dopest scenes in film history especially for the batman franchise. Its okay if they don't want to continue the line.. I have hope since they are making so many new batman variants that they will atleast revisit this for a Con Exclusive. Especially because they seem to be pretty tight knit with DC. People would LOVE this exclusive regardless what anyone says. I mean look at Bank Robber & Joker 2 pack - still is a hot commodity to this day.

Coming back to bring life into this topic because I see that Funko has released a 10 inch Joker and they may have a soda planned for heath ledger joker. I think Nurse Joker can still happen and I wouldn’t be too opposed to seeing maybe a metallic variant of the current Heath ledger joker before this set vaults. This is one of my favorite Batman movies. What do you guys think?
PopPChulo

joecolt

Postby joecolt » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:22 pm

DMScurvy wrote:I knnow there was something about the rights to Nurse Joker. That variant is not in the style guide.

came here to mention this. Aaron Eckhart Two-Face would have been great in that series.

Popfanatics

Postby Popfanatics » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:25 pm

joecolt wrote:
DMScurvy wrote:I knnow there was something about the rights to Nurse Joker. That variant is not in the style guide.

came here to mention this. Aaron Eckhart Two-Face would have been great in that series.

Nurse Joker is a must. I’m hope it’s in the works.
It’s me Lynda

digithor

Postby digithor » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:38 am

Popfanatics wrote:
joecolt wrote:

Nurse Joker is a must. I’m hope it’s in the works.

That would be a good addition to the line, sure a lot of people would like to see another joker from it.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

tigsabud1

Postby tigsabud1 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:57 pm

I'm hoping, with the recent announcement of the 80/90's Batman villains, they'll get around to making the Nolan trilogy villains too. I missed out on Bane before, and Catwoman could use a re-do. There's a few Joker variations we haven't gotten, and I would do anything for a Scarecrow. Ra's, Decoy Ra's, Talia, Two-Face, Dent, Crane, Straitjacket Scarecrow. A Tumbler and Bat-Pod rides would be amazing as well. So many possibilities! They may be a ways off, but I don't think Funko would pass up the opportunity.
:dkjoker1:

JediMike1128

Postby JediMike1128 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:26 am

They did just release the Commissioner Gordon & Batman "Movie Moment" from Batman Begins last year. Better late than never! I personally would love to see more POPS from "The Dark Knight Trilogy" these are just some ideas. I think there's always rich potential for them to make comic book versions, TDK Trilogy having celebrated its 10th anniversary a few years ago definitely deserved some attention in my opinion. Hopefully in time for the 15th anniversary we get some of these. =D

"Batman Begins"
Batman Prototype Suit *Chase unmasked version
Batman Demon Hallucination
Bruce Wayne Ninja/League of Shadows Training suit
Ra's Al Ghul
Alfred
Scarecrow
Lucius Fox
Batman Tumbler POP Ride

"The Dark Knight"
Batman gliding
Batman GITD eyes
Two Face
Nurse Joker
GCPD Joker
GCPD swat/driver Gordon
Bank Robber Joker holding mask
Harvey Dent
Rachel
Bruce Wayne suit
Batman Bat-Pod POP Ride

"The Dark Knight Rises"
Batman w/broken mask
Bane *New sculpt
Talia Al Ghul
John Blake GCPD
Bruce Wayne w/beard & cane
Batman w/The Bat POP Ride
Bane w/Desert Camo POP Ride
Catwoman Bat-Pod POP Ride
Check out my podcast on Spotify! ---> https://open.spotify.com/show/6lVOYfi1X ... eVW8A&nd=1
Instagram @FilmakerMike
Fundays 2018!
May The Force Be With You! :freddy2:

Dbactor

Postby Dbactor » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:23 am

PopPChulo wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
TenTwoSix wrote:
Nurse joker is iconic!

Coming back to bring life into this topic because I see that Funko has released a 10 inch Joker and they may have a soda planned for heath ledger joker. I think Nurse Joker can still happen and I wouldn’t be too opposed to seeing maybe a metallic variant of the current Heath ledger joker before this set vaults. This is one of my favorite Batman movies. What do you guys think?

Nurse Joker is definitely still in the cards....you can even do a chase variant with it. I bet we see it, two face, an individual Gordon, a bane variant, maybe an updated Catwoman, Talia, and RAS! Yes, i would be excited for more.

Dbactor

Postby Dbactor » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:39 am

JediMike1128 wrote:They did just release the Commissioner Gordon & Batman "Movie Moment" from Batman Begins last year. Better late than never! I personally would love to see more POPS from "The Dark Knight Trilogy" these are just some ideas. I think there's always rich potential for them to make comic book versions, TDK Trilogy having celebrated its 10th anniversary a few years ago definitely deserved some attention in my opinion. Hopefully in time for the 15th anniversary we get some of these. =D

"Batman Begins"
Ra's Al Ghul
Alfred
Scarecrow
Lucius Fox
Batman Tumbler POP Ride

"The Dark Knight"
Batman gliding
Batman GITD eyes
Two Face
Nurse Joker
GCPD Joker
GCPD swat/driver Gordon
Harvey Dent
Rachel
Bruce Wayne suit
Batman Bat-Pod POP Ride

"The Dark Knight Rises"
Batman w/broken mask
Bane *New sculpt
Talia Al Ghul
John Blake GCPD

The “come at me bro” Bane pose would be perfect imo. Don’t forget Watanabe “Ras”

The rest of these are great, I mean i love this trilogy so I’m game for just about anything new.

JediMike1128

Postby JediMike1128 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:50 am

Dbactor wrote:
JediMike1128 wrote:They did just release the Commissioner Gordon & Batman "Movie Moment" from Batman Begins last year. Better late than never! I personally would love to see more POPS from "The Dark Knight Trilogy" these are just some ideas. I think there's always rich potential for them to make comic book versions, TDK Trilogy having celebrated its 10th anniversary a few years ago definitely deserved some attention in my opinion. Hopefully in time for the 15th anniversary we get some of these. =D

"Batman Begins"
Ra's Al Ghul
Alfred
Scarecrow
Lucius Fox
Batman Tumbler POP Ride

"The Dark Knight"
Batman gliding
Batman GITD eyes
Two Face
Nurse Joker
GCPD Joker
GCPD swat/driver Gordon
Harvey Dent
Rachel
Bruce Wayne suit
Batman Bat-Pod POP Ride

"The Dark Knight Rises"
Batman w/broken mask
Bane *New sculpt
Talia Al Ghul
John Blake GCPD

The “come at me bro” Bane pose would be perfect imo. Don’t forget Watanabe “Ras”

The rest of these are great, I mean i love this trilogy so I’m game for just about anything new.

Yes, I dig that and how could I forgot Watanabe "Ras"

got so hyped up making my list i'm now watching "The Dark Knight Rises" :D
Check out my podcast on Spotify! ---> https://open.spotify.com/show/6lVOYfi1X ... eVW8A&nd=1
Instagram @FilmakerMike
Fundays 2018!
May The Force Be With You! :freddy2:

Dbactor

Postby Dbactor » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:19 am

JediMike1128 wrote:
Dbactor wrote:

"Batman Begins"
Ra's Al Ghul
Alfred
Scarecrow
Lucius Fox
Batman Tumbler POP Ride

"The Dark Knight"
Batman gliding
Batman GITD eyes
Two Face
Nurse Joker
GCPD Joker
GCPD swat/driver Gordon
Harvey Dent
Rachel
Bruce Wayne suit
Batman Bat-Pod POP Ride

"The Dark Knight Rises"
Batman w/broken mask
Bane *New sculpt
Talia Al Ghul
John Blake GCPD

Yes, I dig that and how could I forgot Watanabe "Ras"

got so hyped up making my list i'm now watching "The Dark Knight Rises" :D

I’ll probably run through the trilogy this week now! Gotta look for other cool ideas,

Return to “Pop!”