Super saiyan 2 Gohan

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Mantheharp00n

Super saiyan 2 Gohan

Postby Mantheharp00n » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:40 pm

I preorder in store, which I never do for pops. I know a lot of people we’re getting cancellations online for there preorder. But, I haven’t herd anything about in store. I called my local GameStop and asked and they said they know nothing which is fine, I’m in no rush anyone have any more insight on this?

My name is G.

ISO: my first proto.

DubJay81

Re: Super saiyan 2 Gohan

Postby DubJay81 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:30 pm

Mantheharp00n wrote:I preorder in store, which I never do for pops. I know a lot of people we’re getting cancellations online for there preorder. But, I haven’t herd anything about in store. I called my local GameStop and asked and they said they know nothing which is fine, I’m in no rush anyone have any more insight on this?

Just keep checking back. I try not to online pre order with GameStop. I’d rather in store pre order with them. Have worked for the company many many years ago and loved it and having friends still work there it’s better to go in store. The Goku and SS3 Goku both said in transit no dates then 2 days later Goku days later SS3 Goku so give it time. It will be there by Xmas. Hopefully lol
Keep spreading that Funko Love... :freddy1:
New York Comic 2014/15/16/17/18/19/20(Virtual)
NYC Fugitive Event 2018/2019

Mantheharp00n

Postby Mantheharp00n » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:52 pm

DubJay81 wrote:
Mantheharp00n wrote:I preorder in store, which I never do for pops. I know a lot of people we’re getting cancellations online for there preorder. But, I haven’t herd anything about in store. I called my local GameStop and asked and they said they know nothing which is fine, I’m in no rush anyone have any more insight on this?

Just keep checking back. I try not to online pre order with GameStop. I’d rather in store pre order with them. Have worked for the company many many years ago and loved it and having friends still work there it’s better to go in store. The Goku and SS3 Goku both said in transit no dates then 2 days later Goku days later SS3 Goku so give it time. It will be there by Xmas. Hopefully lol

I actually preorder in store, the problem is my store doesn’t hold preorders for more then a day. Also I called yesterday and was told “we can’t call when the come in, it’s to busy.” I said so can you hold it? “Bro, if you snooze you lose”. I hung up after that.

My name is G.

Grex54

Postby Grex54 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:40 pm

Mantheharp00n wrote:
DubJay81 wrote:

I actually preorder in store, the problem is my store doesn’t hold preorders for more then a day. Also I called yesterday and was told “we can’t call when the come in, it’s to busy.” I said so can you hold it? “Bro, if you snooze you lose”. I hung up after that.

That stinks that your store has to be that way. I preordered it at my store also, and they told me everything still looked good with my order. What I do is check the store inventory a day or two before, the day of release and a few days after until it shows up. I also start by checking texas locations since GS is headquartered there. I'm on the east coast so once it's in texas I know it should be about two days until it reaches my store. My store also gets their shipments around 2. I know it's a little bit of work to track a preorder item you shouldn't have to worry about them giving away, but it's the best advice I've got. I hope it helps.
Image Image

Hi, I'm Gregory

Hauckbuster007

Postby Hauckbuster007 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:18 am

I am seeing a trend more that if you do not pre order a Gamestop exclusive from their website or store they are not getting many extras or none in stock above and beyond the pre orders.

I think we both missed the boat on this one.
Hulk Smash!
Member: KY Funko League of Awesomeness
IG: @HauckBuster007
IG: @SuperFunkoBros
Favorite Character: Incredible Hulk

Hauckbuster007

Postby Hauckbuster007 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:20 am

Mantheharp00n wrote:
DubJay81 wrote:

Wow, that is absolute bullcrap. I would be calling corporate on that type of attitude you were getting from a store employee. What is the point of pre ordering from the store if you aren't going to call nor hold my Pop for me when I pre paid for it ahead of time.

That frustrates me to no end.
Hulk Smash!
Member: KY Funko League of Awesomeness
IG: @HauckBuster007
IG: @SuperFunkoBros
Favorite Character: Incredible Hulk

Mario Wario

Postby Mario Wario » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:17 am

Mantheharp00n wrote:
DubJay81 wrote:

Hmmmm, that doesn’t sound right. It is usually 48 hours (store policy) or you can call to let a store know you need extra time due to being busy. That GameStop you’re talking about isn’t being run right.
:freddy1:

Mantheharp00n

Postby Mantheharp00n » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:53 am

Mario Wario wrote:
Mantheharp00n wrote:
DubJay81 wrote:

Hmmmm, that doesn’t sound right. It is usually 48 hours (store policy) or you can call to let a store know you need extra time due to being busy. That GameStop you’re talking about isn’t being run right.

This all stems from ecc with the emerald pharra pop, someone forced them to sell the people’s preorders a day before they were even notified to come in. That person went to every GameStop in the county and literally brought every ecc phara. Not to mention they are all collectors and when a preorder like gohan is going for 50+ on eBay, they literally buy them from the back with no regard for people preorders. I called corporate and they offered me a gift card for the inconvenience but, I declined it cause it’s not about the money or to get someone in trouble, it’s just if I’m preorder and there hours are baised on subs and preorders it’s not right that I’m being left in the dark and given additude for entrusting them with my money

My name is G.

ryusilva23

Postby ryusilva23 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:00 am

Mantheharp00n wrote:
Mario Wario wrote:
Mantheharp00n wrote:

This all stems from ecc with the emerald pharra pop, someone forced them to sell the people’s preorders a day before they were even notified to come in. That person went to every GameStop in the county and literally brought every ecc phara. Not to mention they are all collectors and when a preorder like gohan is going for 50+ on eBay, they literally buy them from the back with no regard for people preorders. I called corporate and they offered me a gift card for the inconvenience but, I declined it cause it’s not about the money or to get someone in trouble, it’s just if I’m preorder and there hours are baised on subs and preorders it’s not right that I’m being left in the dark and given additude for entrusting them with my money

It does sound like the GS you are referring to is being run by poor staff. I'm a regular at my local GS and I never have to worry about my pre-orders. They also don't call me any time my pre-order arrives, but I usually stop by often since it's on my way back home. I know not everyone has the luxury or the time to visit GS like I do, but it sounds like you might have to go to a different GS or complain to the district manager about the one you are talking about.

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:01 am

Forgot to preorder!

Mantheharp00n

Postby Mantheharp00n » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:24 pm

ryusilva23 wrote:
Mantheharp00n wrote:
Mario Wario wrote:Hmmmm, that doesn’t sound right. It is usually 48 hours (store policy) or you can call to let a store know you need extra time due to being busy. That GameStop you’re talking about isn’t being run right.

It does sound like the GS you are referring to is being run by poor staff. I'm a regular at my local GS and I never have to worry about my pre-orders. They also don't call me any time my pre-order arrives, but I usually stop by often since it's on my way back home. I know not everyone has the luxury or the time to visit GS like I do, but it sounds like you might have to go to a different GS or complain to the district manager about the one you are talking about.

I go by once a week, but I just don’t want to feel like I’m a bother cause I preorder. I worked for a GameStop and know store associates hours are based off subs and preorders and they are so nice when you first preorder then when you ask for a realease date your the bad guy. Last week another quick story I was going in to check out the pops and ended up buying something else for my girlfriend, was asked to signup for a rewards card for points. I kindly said no thank you, and he “yelled some people just don’t like to save money”, “real smart say no to free”.

My name is G.

ryusilva23

Postby ryusilva23 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:41 pm

Mantheharp00n wrote:
ryusilva23 wrote:
Mantheharp00n wrote:This all stems from ecc with the emerald pharra pop, someone forced them to sell the people’s preorders a day before they were even notified to come in. That person went to every GameStop in the county and literally brought every ecc phara. Not to mention they are all collectors and when a preorder like gohan is going for 50+ on eBay, they literally buy them from the back with no regard for people preorders. I called corporate and they offered me a gift card for the inconvenience but, I declined it cause it’s not about the money or to get someone in trouble, it’s just if I’m preorder and there hours are baised on subs and preorders it’s not right that I’m being left in the dark and given additude for entrusting them with my money

I go by once a week, but I just don’t want to feel like I’m a bother cause I preorder. I worked for a GameStop and know store associates hours are based off subs and preorders and they are so nice when you first preorder then when you ask for a realease date your the bad guy. Last week another quick story I was going in to check out the pops and ended up buying something else for my girlfriend, was asked to signup for a rewards card for points. I kindly said no thank you, and he “yelled some people just don’t like to save money”, “real smart say no to free”.

Lol during Black Friday one of the employees said something similar in a condescending tone when the customer didn't want the replacement plan for a video game.

Mantheharp00n

Postby Mantheharp00n » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:46 pm

ryusilva23 wrote:
Mantheharp00n wrote:
ryusilva23 wrote:

Lol during Black Friday one of the employees said something similar in a condescending tone when the customer didn't want the replacement plan for a video game.

They show absolutely no fear. I’m not a huge guy height wise, but am very fit. He looked at me in my eyes and called me a meat hea. I didn’t know if I should flip a gondola or walk away. I walked a way. After this preorder I’m done.

My name is G.

FunkoAlphaBravo

Postby FunkoAlphaBravo » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:48 pm

When it comes to gamestop, most of these employees are payed minimum wage. So I try to keep that in mind, when they show bad customer service. I go to one now that treat me really well! Good luck to all in finding a good one
Hi all! We’re Annie and Beto. We have been collecting since 2016
ImageImage
ImageImage

Mantheharp00n

Postby Mantheharp00n » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:51 pm

Mantheharp00n wrote:
ryusilva23 wrote:
Mantheharp00n wrote:I go by once a week, but I just don’t want to feel like I’m a bother cause I preorder. I worked for a GameStop and know store associates hours are based off subs and preorders and they are so nice when you first preorder then when you ask for a realease date your the bad guy. Last week another quick story I was going in to check out the pops and ended up buying something else for my girlfriend, was asked to signup for a rewards card for points. I kindly said no thank you, and he “yelled some people just don’t like to save money”, “real smart say no to free”.

They show absolutely no fear. I’m not a huge guy height wise, but am very fit. He looked at me in my eyes and called me a meat hea. I didn’t know if I should flip a gondola or walk away lol. I walked a way, After this preorder I’m done.

My name is G.

evanmoua

Postby evanmoua » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:16 pm

does anyone feel like preorders are now mostly done by a lot of resell shops just to take stock? or are they partnered with funko for their own listings? cuz i see big common stores that post preorders for gohan ss2 as well. It kinda sucks cuz i know his value will now go up that hes oos but the sad fact is its not even out yet.

Mario Wario

Postby Mario Wario » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:10 pm

Mantheharp00n wrote:
ryusilva23 wrote:
Mantheharp00n wrote:This all stems from ecc with the emerald pharra pop, someone forced them to sell the people’s preorders a day before they were even notified to come in. That person went to every GameStop in the county and literally brought every ecc phara. Not to mention they are all collectors and when a preorder like gohan is going for 50+ on eBay, they literally buy them from the back with no regard for people preorders. I called corporate and they offered me a gift card for the inconvenience but, I declined it cause it’s not about the money or to get someone in trouble, it’s just if I’m preorder and there hours are baised on subs and preorders it’s not right that I’m being left in the dark and given additude for entrusting them with my money

Yeah, that GameStop store needs new management if they are acting like that. I understand the pay isn’t all that, yet they still gotta show better customer service. Go to a different GameStop store if possible.

CoachJDDesigns

Postby CoachJDDesigns » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:32 am

Joesandwich123 wrote:Gamestop pre-orders have been total s*** recently. My SSJ3 Goku, SSJ2 Gohan, and even my MHA Mystery Box (literally two days after online pre-orders were made available) pre-orders got cancelled. I managed to get all of my orders back but stuff like this really makes me hate Gamestop.

I haven't been lucky with their pre orders either. Sometimes they don't call when they get it in and they stock it on their shelves instead. Im hoping that doesn't happen with the MHA boxes.

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:02 am

Had to work! No lines for me!

foxrex

Postby foxrex » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:32 pm

has anyone received ssj2 gohan im in bay area and haven't seen any stores get it yet , I preordered.

SchoolBoyQ

Postby SchoolBoyQ » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:20 pm

GS not reliable with preorders on DBZ pops hence those Goku cancels
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Wrudart

Postby Wrudart » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:19 pm

My store told me they haven’t even shipped our yet, new expected date is the 21st for me
:beerchug:

LilThor

Postby LilThor » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:31 pm

I got mine in store but I did switch stores after the last gamestop never notified me ever. They have like a 2 day grace holding period too

The Head

Postby The Head » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:43 pm

ryusilva23 wrote:Lol during Black Friday one of the employees said something similar in a condescending tone when the customer didn't want the replacement plan for a video game.

I'm sorry, but a replacement plan on a game!?!?! :roflmao:

Mantheharp00n

Postby Mantheharp00n » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:46 pm

The Head wrote:
ryusilva23 wrote:Lol during Black Friday one of the employees said something similar in a condescending tone when the customer didn't want the replacement plan for a video game.

No it’s a thing, but I really can imagine how crazy you’d be to buy it. You’d have to be super careless or incredibly insane. GameStop is a horrible company when it comes to stuff like that. I worked at store 5841 many moons ago, and the saying went “would you like a reservation with that?”. I said to my DM you clearly stole that from McDonald’s and yeah that works with fries because, there a dollar! We worked on the Corner of broad and market street in Newark and needless to say it was terrible, thy would base hours off of how many per orders and subscriptions you sold of game infomer. Also You had to keep above a certain percentage. So if 5 coustomers walk in you’re expected to sell 3 of them a subscription or preorder or your not eating it was insane.

My name is G.

Joesandwich123

Postby Joesandwich123 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:04 am

The Head wrote:

Lol that's crazy. Never heard of a game breaking down
Will Funko make Earthbound pops before Nintendo releases Mother 3?

The Head

Postby The Head » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:01 pm

Mantheharp00n wrote:
The Head wrote:

No it’s a thing, but I really can imagine how crazy you’d be to buy it. You’d have to be super careless or incredibly insane. GameStop is a horrible company when it comes to stuff like that. I worked at store 5841 many moons ago, and the saying went “would you like a reservation with that?”. I said to my DM you clearly stole that from McDonald’s and yeah that works with fries because, there a dollar! We worked on the Corner of broad and market street in Newark and needless to say it was terrible, thy would base hours off of how many per orders and subscriptions you sold of game infomer. Also You had to keep above a certain percentage. So if 5 coustomers walk in you’re expected to sell 3 of them a subscription or preorder or your not eating it was insane.

Oh yeah, I know it's a thing! They even ask you at walmart and Target sometimes. I just didn't think anyone actually considered buying that so it was crazy to me that an employee was berating someone for not.

Nemesis989

Postby Nemesis989 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:41 pm

rexflexall wrote:Forgot to preorder!

oh nooooooooo, me too
Hopefully these ones will be plentiful
Thank you everyone for this awesome community

SchoolBoyQ

Postby SchoolBoyQ » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:25 pm

My stores didn't even have extra SS Gokus outside of preorders so I doubt it
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Mario Wario

Postby Mario Wario » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:44 pm

SchoolBoyQ wrote:My stores didn't even have extra SS Gokus outside of preorders so I doubt it

Interesting...the one GameStop I go to all the time said they were getting a lot of SS3 Goku Pops!. Gohan? Not really...

SithLord

Postby SithLord » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:18 pm

The GS’s I go to are really nice. They call when you preorder. You usually have 48 hours from when it is received by the store. They usually get a low amount of exclusives in the store, so they recommend to preorder. They have even gone out of their way to call another store when they have a pop in stock.

But!!!

When it comes to DBZ, forget about it!!! If you dont oreorder you are screwed! The sneaker heads come in and wipe them out! Then they are triple the price on the local OfferUp or letgo.. it really sucks around here.

SithLord

Postby SithLord » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:28 pm

So needless to say, I have not seen either one of the new DBZ pops in my area.

Mario Wario

Postby Mario Wario » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:18 pm

SithLord wrote:The GS’s I go to are really nice. They call when you preorder. You usually have 48 hours from when it is received by the store. They usually get a low amount of exclusives in the store, so they recommend to preorder. They have even gone out of their way to call another store when they have a pop in stock.

But!!!

When it comes to DBZ, forget about it!!! If you dont oreorder you are screwed! The sneaker heads come in and wipe them out! Then they are triple the price on the local OfferUp or letgo.. it really sucks around here.
Unless you go to my local GameStop. The workers there are careful when putting out certain Pops!, which is good to see. Because of that, I have been able to get some difficult Pops! to get even when going at a random time. Basically, they want to make sure most have a chance for certain items and I love it!

Joesandwich123

Postby Joesandwich123 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:01 pm

My SS Goku online order shipped recently after I called CS to reprocess my order. Hopefully it comes in good condition
Will Funko make Earthbound pops before Nintendo releases Mother 3?

Grex54

Postby Grex54 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:31 pm

I talked to the manager of the gamestop I usually shop at, and he said the gohan orders aren't expected until the first of the year now.
Image Image

Hi, I'm Gregory

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:57 am

Missed him! Drat!

theoneupper02

Postby theoneupper02 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:53 pm

foxrex wrote:has anyone received ssj2 gohan im in bay area and haven't seen any stores get it yet , I preordered.

I have not received mine. I haven't gotten a cancellation email and the website just says processing. They already cancelled my SSG3 so I'm pretty concerned about this...
Bobby

ISO: High end GOT and DBZ

Image Image Image

neonglow

Postby neonglow » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:42 pm

I called my local GS but they haven't gotten him in yet.

Wrudart

Postby Wrudart » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:59 pm

I can confirm with Grex, i'm being told that the new date is Jan 1, and they haven't shipped from distribution yet
:beerchug:

Mario Wario

Postby Mario Wario » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:20 pm

Wrudart wrote:I can confirm with Grex, i'm being told that the new date is Jan 1, and they haven't shipped from distribution yet
Interesting! That would be New Year’s Day.

Return to “Pop!”