Haunted Mansion 50th anniversary

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
repair-manmanmanman

Re: Haunted Mansion 50th anniversary

Postby repair-manmanmanman » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:53 pm

Loki437 wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:
repair-manmanmanman wrote:
Yeah, I remember reading something one or two years ago about a girl finding out her annual pass was revoked after the fact when they found her reselling park merchandise online. They have actual language regarding this in the sales agreement, which they referred her to when she questioned it.

By all means hit those reselling for profit, but Disney should make distinction between reselling for profit and selling at cost even if it's AP cost to help friends get something and save on their wallets.

I would imagine that these cases are pretty few and far between. Disney is ubiquitous and tracking down individuals would be so time consuming. Perhaps they were flagged at a park for mass purchases or something?

I think that'd caught a girl because she had an online store front. They prob also monitor when someone uses their AP discount to purchase hundreds of dollars in merch per visit.
Hi, I'm CY

repair-manmanmanman

Postby repair-manmanmanman » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:55 pm

Loki437 wrote:
ghostrye wrote:
weird888 wrote:
Disney might turn the more popular panels into an auction then lol

D23 or SDCC, I am certain that people would pay through the teeth to get into many popular panels.

I’m certain you are all correct, but that sets a precedent that really goes against the idea of these conventions (at least for me). If I’m into something, I’m committed to it. I want to wait it out for a chance rather than just buying my way in.

The thing I think works reasonably well but only at smaller conventions is the VIP badges where you pay extra and they reserve the center first two rows of the panel hall for you. The problem is they would sell out so fast for SDCC people would question if they even went up for sale at all.
Hi, I'm CY

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:14 pm

Loki437 wrote:
ghostrye wrote:
D23 or SDCC, I am certain that people would pay through the teeth to get into many popular panels.

I’m certain you are all correct, but that sets a precedent that really goes against the idea of these conventions (at least for me). If I’m into something, I’m committed to it. I want to wait it out for a chance rather than just buying my way in.

The thing I think works reasonably well but only at smaller conventions is the VIP badges where you pay extra and they reserve the center first two rows of the panel hall for you. The problem is they would sell out so fast for SDCC people would question if they even went up for sale at all.

Agreed. They wouldn’t be able to come close to meeting demand, so it would just aggravate more people than it would help.

repair-manmanmanman

Postby repair-manmanmanman » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:53 pm

ghostrye wrote:
Loki437 wrote:

Agreed. They wouldn’t be able to come close to meeting demand, so it would just aggravate more people than it would help.

Not to mention I shudder at the thought of how much they'd be able to charge for these at SDCC and have people still pay for them..
Hi, I'm CY

kastudillo

Postby kastudillo » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:33 pm

Metallic would be awesome since they already did the gid
Love anything Funko!!! :freddy3:
ImageImage

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:07 am

ghostrye wrote:

Not to mention I shudder at the thought of how much they'd be able to charge for these at SDCC and have people still pay for them..

If I could access the Funko line, and panel I wanted and any vendor on the floor, I’d pay an embarrassing amount of money.

BestDadEver

Postby BestDadEver » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:21 am

nascar246788 wrote:
Mjacob78 wrote:So with the Haunted Mansions 50th Anniversary in 2019 would love to see perhaps a D23 exclusive ghosts pops, Hopefully metallic.

I love that idea. I would think they did the disney parks exclusive this year before the actual anniversary. I think Funko and Disney should partner up for the actual anniversary.

Do you know if they do lottery for funko at D23? Going this year but never locked in any funko items from D23
Image Image

Xerus

Postby Xerus » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:35 am

BestDadEver wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:
Mjacob78 wrote:So with the Haunted Mansions 50th Anniversary in 2019 would love to see perhaps a D23 exclusive ghosts pops, Hopefully metallic.

I love that idea. I would think they did the disney parks exclusive this year before the actual anniversary. I think Funko and Disney should partner up for the actual anniversary.

Do you know if they do lottery for funko at D23? Going this year but never locked in any funko items from D23

hopefully with they way they been doing it lately

Mjacob78

Postby Mjacob78 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:30 am

BestDadEver wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:

They haven't before but here's to hoping they do
Gotta love those pops :freddy2:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Cmpotter
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby Cmpotter » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:02 am

Mjacob78 wrote:
BestDadEver wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:

I hope they do! They just had a lottery for SWC and it was so much better than waiting overnight and still missing out...AtLeast lottery gives everyone a fair chance.
Image Image

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:40 am

Cmpotter wrote:
Mjacob78 wrote:
BestDadEver wrote:Do you know if they do lottery for funko at D23? Going this year but never locked in any funko items from D23

I hope they do! They just had a lottery for SWC and it was so much better than waiting overnight and still missing out...AtLeast lottery gives everyone a fair chance.

I agree. So many people complained about the lottery system at SDCC, but I like it better. It gives me a chance without wasting a lot of the con. Also, if I get a slot. I think it makes it so much easier to plan the day around it.
Collecting since 2014

hawkman2

Postby hawkman2 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:57 am

I like the lottery for the signings, to save me hours of sleep.

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:03 pm

hawkman2 wrote:I like the lottery for the signings, to save me hours of sleep.

I do as well. It gives me a chance at stuff versus not even having a chance.
Collecting since 2014

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:57 pm

nascar246788 wrote:
Cmpotter wrote:
Mjacob78 wrote:They haven't before but here's to hoping they do

I agree. So many people complained about the lottery system at SDCC, but I like it better. It gives me a chance without wasting a lot of the con. Also, if I get a slot. I think it makes it so much easier to plan the day around it.

I agree with this completely. It’s great to just have the chance given to you, but if you don’t win, you can move on to something else. Not saying it isn’t disappointing, but it is so much more manageable for the con and con goers. Getting up at 4 am on your vacation to try and find the correct line filled with people who are either a. Also confused or b. Actively trying to discourage you from joining the line because you are competition...is a complete drag.

Mauibrah

Postby Mauibrah » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:22 am

Hope something releases during my visit in October
IG: @mauishaun

volsspongebob

Postby volsspongebob » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:20 am

ghostrye wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:
Cmpotter wrote:

I agree with this completely. It’s great to just have the chance given to you, but if you don’t win, you can move on to something else. Not saying it isn’t disappointing, but it is so much more manageable for the con and con goers. Getting up at 4 am on your vacation to try and find the correct line filled with people who are either a. Also confused or b. Actively trying to discourage you from joining the line because you are competition...is a complete drag.

The lottery definitely forced us into trying new things. The only part that bothered me was people winning stuff that they didnt care about and it went to waste. There were some signings that were done in 10 minutes because no one showed up. I think they are fixing that this year at SDCC with limiting what you can enter so hopefully this helps that from happening.
Love to Collect the 80s stuff. Also chasing the OG Rocky Set. First Funko Purchase was 2012 SDCC.

MISSING FUNDAYS ON A DAILY BASIS!!

[size=85]Image

Swatrob

Postby Swatrob » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:59 am

hawkman2 wrote:I like the lottery for the signings, to save me hours of sleep.

It’s so much better than spending all that time in line to not get something. I like it a lot better
Walking Dead Super Fan, collector of random sets, Harry Potter, Star Wars, horror, Disney, and a few other here and there. Funko Funclub member. Have luckily attended Fundays, collecting since early 2000’s.

repair-manmanmanman

Postby repair-manmanmanman » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:18 pm

ghostrye wrote:
ghostrye wrote:

If I could access the Funko line, and panel I wanted and any vendor on the floor, I’d pay an embarrassing amount of money.

Same, but what's embarrassing to one person is chump change to another ](*,)
Hi, I'm CY

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:52 pm

ghostrye wrote:

Yes! 100%. It is always surprising to see what some people are willing to pay for certain things...but the fact is that there are many people out there with a LOT more money than me.

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:56 pm

volsspongebob wrote:
ghostrye wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:

The lottery definitely forced us into trying new things. The only part that bothered me was people winning stuff that they didnt care about and it went to waste. There were some signings that were done in 10 minutes because no one showed up. I think they are fixing that this year at SDCC with limiting what you can enter so hopefully this helps that from happening.

I have always wanted to participate in a signing, but the process of trying to find the correct line at 5am with ruthless people plotting against you is a little daunting. So I entered the lottery last year (ONLY for the things I wanted to actually do) and won both The Orville signing and Legends of Tomorrow. It was sooooo much fun. I did feel a little bad that I won two and frankly, I wouldn’t have been upset if they limited me to just one. But it was a great experience!

repair-manmanmanman

Postby repair-manmanmanman » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:22 pm

ghostrye wrote:
ghostrye wrote:

Yes! 100%. It is always surprising to see what some people are willing to pay for certain things...but the fact is that there are many people out there with a LOT more money than me.

You and me both, bud. It's this same reason that hotels like Hilton Bayfront still sell rooms outside the hotel lottery for $1,000 a night.
Hi, I'm CY

BestDadEver

Postby BestDadEver » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:29 pm

nascar246788 wrote:
Cmpotter wrote:
Mjacob78 wrote:They haven't before but here's to hoping they do

I used to camp out and don’t get me wrong I love the experience de of doing that but I wasted so much time for a hope or chance. I love the lottery this way I either know or don’t know my funko fate
Image Image

OriginalDuffy

Postby OriginalDuffy » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:10 pm

Please just anything! Even if it’s not the main ghosts
Image Image
Image Image

bluesnote

Postby bluesnote » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:14 pm

Hopefully a four pack of the ghosts or even a Freddy ghost.

kappait

Postby kappait » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:28 pm

ghostrye wrote:
volsspongebob wrote:
ghostrye wrote:

I have always wanted to participate in a signing, but the process of trying to find the correct line at 5am with ruthless people plotting against you is a little daunting. So I entered the lottery last year (ONLY for the things I wanted to actually do) and won both The Orville signing and Legends of Tomorrow. It was sooooo much fun. I did feel a little bad that I won two and frankly, I wouldn’t have been upset if they limited me to just one. But it was a great experience!

If they go to a system with a limited number of entries for the con I have a feeling the signings will be even easier to get into. Especially the less popular properties. I wonder if that's the case if they open the signings to standby people.
ImageImage

Do or do not there is no try
Yoda '80

:SW9:
Funklub# 7225
Fundays: 2017, 2018

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:35 am

ghostrye wrote:

You and me both, bud. It's this same reason that hotels like Hilton Bayfront still sell rooms outside the hotel lottery for $1,000 a night.

And in desperate times, ive contemplated paying the $1000 dollars a night....but I always come back to the fact that if I stayed 6 nights, it would be the equivalent to roughly 7 months of my mortgage payments. :eek:

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:37 am

kappait wrote:
ghostrye wrote:
volsspongebob wrote:

If they go to a system with a limited number of entries for the con I have a feeling the signings will be even easier to get into. Especially the less popular properties. I wonder if that's the case if they open the signings to standby people.

Even though I won two of the autograph signings, it didn’t appear that they were letting any standby people in because they don’t seem to want people standing around in the area. It seemed like it was just winners and no stand by.

Mjacob78

Postby Mjacob78 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:29 am

bluesnote wrote:Hopefully a four pack of the ghosts or even a Freddy ghost.

Oh yes I would love a Freddy hat box ghost!
Gotta love those pops :freddy2:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:40 am

A lot of people mentioning the release as a con exclusive...why not just a mass release?
Haunted Mansion has a HUGE fan following and dropping the 50th at the parks & on the shop Disney site without a numbered run would be a great move for fans who missed out or cannot afford the previous releases.
Why celebrate exclusively, allow all fans to celebrate \:D/
"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

Jennyboooh

Postby Jennyboooh » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:42 am

Mjacob78 wrote:
bluesnote wrote:Hopefully a four pack of the ghosts or even a Freddy ghost.

Oh yes I would love a Freddy hat box ghost!

would be sooooo cute
:freddy1:

repair-manmanmanman

Postby repair-manmanmanman » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:04 pm

ghostrye wrote:
ghostrye wrote:

And in desperate times, ive contemplated paying the $1000 dollars a night....but I always come back to the fact that if I stayed 6 nights, it would be the equivalent to roughly 7 months of my mortgage payments. :eek:

Dang, I wish I lived in an area where $6k got you 7 months of mortgage. Luckily I had good luck this year and I'm only paying a reasonably exorbitant price for HB.
Hi, I'm CY

repair-manmanmanman

Postby repair-manmanmanman » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:06 pm

Battastic wrote:A lot of people mentioning the release as a con exclusive...why not just a mass release?
Haunted Mansion has a HUGE fan following and dropping the 50th at the parks & on the shop Disney site without a numbered run would be a great move for fans who missed out or cannot afford the previous releases.

It doesn't necessarily have to be an LE con exclusive..It can just be con exclusive in regards to timing, so that it was only released during the con.
Hi, I'm CY

Schl0

Postby Schl0 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:05 pm

OriginalDuffy wrote:Please just anything! Even if it’s not the main ghosts

Agreed! There are so many more characters I would love to see made! Especially the Groundskeeper!
-Eric-
IG: @artbyschlo

annievu

Postby annievu » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:30 pm

That's a great idea since I love HM ride so much.
:freddy3:
Annie
Bay Area, CA
Attended:
Conancon 2016 & 2018
Funko Fundays/SDCC 2016 & 2017 & 2018

kappait

Postby kappait » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:32 pm

ghostrye wrote:
kappait wrote:
ghostrye wrote:

Even though I won two of the autograph signings, it didn’t appear that they were letting any standby people in because they don’t seem to want people standing around in the area. It seemed like it was just winners and no stand by.

That's what they did at SDCC last year too. I won a few signings that people obviously won and didn't show up. They said there was a standby line but they never let them in. I have a feeling this year a lot of people won't even sign up and they may actually have a plan for standby. At least that's how I'd run it.
ImageImage

Do or do not there is no try
Yoda '80

:SW9:
Funklub# 7225
Fundays: 2017, 2018

MarvelPopFan75

Postby MarvelPopFan75 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:28 pm

Battastic wrote:A lot of people mentioning the release as a con exclusive...why not just a mass release?

It is possible that the licensing agreement with Disney limits were the park based items can be sold. To this point the park based items have only been sold at the parks, Disney store and conventions. It is speculation but it has held true to this point.
Hello, my name is Kevin Rutan

Image Image Image Image Image

becks77

Postby becks77 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:12 pm

Idk why I didn’t jump on the original releases before they sky rocketed, but i would love a common release of those, n some newbies!
:freddy3: Hello, I'm Becks | Los Angeles, CA
Instagram: @west_coast_pop_n

jedik6
HoF 2023 & CotM
HoF 2023 & CotM

Postby jedik6 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:14 pm

if the rumors seen on IG are true, than it may be a common release, which would be the best since then everyone can have a shot.
Ahsoka Superfan
HOF #94 - Class of 2023
ISO Kamala Khan / Ms. Marvel MCU
Wednesday Addams Netflix Proto

ETphonehome

Postby ETphonehome » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:51 pm

Can't wait for these

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:07 pm

kappait wrote:
ghostrye wrote:
kappait wrote:

That's what they did at SDCC last year too. I won a few signings that people obviously won and didn't show up. They said there was a standby line but they never let them in. I have a feeling this year a lot of people won't even sign up and they may actually have a plan for standby. At least that's how I'd run it.

The challenge is that it’s so hard to allocate space inside the con to a standby line when space is already at a premium.

Return to “Pop!”