Haunted Mansion 50th anniversary

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
kappait

Re: Haunted Mansion 50th anniversary

Postby kappait » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:17 am

ghostrye wrote:
kappait wrote:
ghostrye wrote:
Even though I won two of the autograph signings, it didn’t appear that they were letting any standby people in because they don’t seem to want people standing around in the area. It seemed like it was just winners and no stand by.

That's what they did at SDCC last year too. I won a few signings that people obviously won and didn't show up. They said there was a standby line but they never let them in. I have a feeling this year a lot of people won't even sign up and they may actually have a plan for standby. At least that's how I'd run it.

The challenge is that it’s so hard to allocate space inside the con to a standby line when space is already at a premium.

I'm just not sure that's the case anymore. A lot of the line management seems to be cleaned up. Sails and out side sails could easily handle that traffic. They didn't use it for exclusives last year and could provide the location for that over flow. Another thing they could do is have a time limit in the morning to pick up a wrist band for a signing and have a stand by line out side sails. If they have any left over badges at say 930 when the floor opens they could pass out the remaining on a first come first serve basis.
ImageImage

Do or do not there is no try
Yoda '80

:SW9:
Funklub# 7225
Fundays: 2017, 2018

theoriginalz

Postby theoriginalz » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:14 pm

anime23 wrote:
theoriginalz wrote:
jedik6 wrote:
I couldn't agree more. Or do a lottery. I was beyond frustrated after 5 hours in that line to learn the sorcerers had bought all the dolls I wanted earlier that morning and then the next year to learn that they had filled up the autograph line when were were about to try to get into it (that was worse because of having camped all night only to see our effort flushed by sorcerers).

ReedPOP just needs to take over D23 and they'll fix a ton of junk that Disney simply doesn't understand.

That will never happen. Disney would never give up control did you see the men in black walking around the big hall making sure no one had recording devices? In the stores I was talking to some of the people working there, they all work for Disney, in accounting, HR, basically everywhere. It is in their contract that they will work the event lol. They are told that they are expected to act like they would in the workplace. For real I just minded my Ps and Qs. I didn't want to do the wrong thing and come up to my TV playing snow on ABC, ESPN, Freeform, the Disney Channel, Disney XD and now Fox. Logon to Hulu it doesn't work lol. I wouldn't put it past them. They tell me I can't line up somewhere I am not lining up lol

I know from a few sources that Reed wants to run D23. But Disney is being stubborn.
First POP! - 2012
First Fundays - 2019
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
First FDO - 2023
I LOVE Gold Vinyl
The United Funko Family

Cmpotter
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby Cmpotter » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:15 pm

nascar246788 wrote:
Cmpotter wrote:
Mjacob78 wrote:They haven't before but here's to hoping they do

I hope they do! They just had a lottery for SWC and it was so much better than waiting overnight and still missing out...AtLeast lottery gives everyone a fair chance.

I agree. So many people complained about the lottery system at SDCC, but I like it better. It gives me a chance without wasting a lot of the con. Also, if I get a slot. I think it makes it so much easier to plan the day around it.

Exactly! I got lucky with SWC with the lottery so waited less than 30 minutes, but if I didn’t there was no way I was going to waste my entire day waiting in line while missing out on everything else.
Image Image

Cmpotter
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby Cmpotter » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:17 pm

volsspongebob wrote:
ghostrye wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:
I agree. So many people complained about the lottery system at SDCC, but I like it better. It gives me a chance without wasting a lot of the con. Also, if I get a slot. I think it makes it so much easier to plan the day around it.

I agree with this completely. It’s great to just have the chance given to you, but if you don’t win, you can move on to something else. Not saying it isn’t disappointing, but it is so much more manageable for the con and con goers. Getting up at 4 am on your vacation to try and find the correct line filled with people who are either a. Also confused or b. Actively trying to discourage you from joining the line because you are competition...is a complete drag.

The lottery definitely forced us into trying new things. The only part that bothered me was people winning stuff that they didnt care about and it went to waste. There were some signings that were done in 10 minutes because no one showed up. I think they are fixing that this year at SDCC with limiting what you can enter so hopefully this helps that from happening.

That’s smart, because I know last year sdcc so many people signed up for everything even if they didn’t want it. I only signed up for a few signings and such and missed out on almost all of them. :/ crossing fingers we have better luck this year!
Image Image

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:13 pm

volsspongebob wrote:
ghostrye wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:

I agree with this completely. It’s great to just have the chance given to you, but if you don’t win, you can move on to something else. Not saying it isn’t disappointing, but it is so much more manageable for the con and con goers. Getting up at 4 am on your vacation to try and find the correct line filled with people who are either a. Also confused or b. Actively trying to discourage you from joining the line because you are competition...is a complete drag.

The lottery definitely forced us into trying new things. The only part that bothered me was people winning stuff that they didnt care about and it went to waste. There were some signings that were done in 10 minutes because no one showed up. I think they are fixing that this year at SDCC with limiting what you can enter so hopefully this helps that from happening.

I just hope the limiting is reasonable. Like if someone wants to put in for all funko slots because they are a funatic, that should only count as one. I would hope a limit is based on the type of things you sign up for. Maybe like booth counts as one, an autograph session counts as one, and just have some limiting count that gives people the chance to pick what they want, but not everything so that people don't just join to join.
Collecting since 2014

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:25 am

theoriginalz wrote:
anime23 wrote:
theoriginalz wrote:
ReedPOP just needs to take over D23 and they'll fix a ton of junk that Disney simply doesn't understand.

That will never happen. Disney would never give up control did you see the men in black walking around the big hall making sure no one had recording devices? In the stores I was talking to some of the people working there, they all work for Disney, in accounting, HR, basically everywhere. It is in their contract that they will work the event lol. They are told that they are expected to act like they would in the workplace. For real I just minded my Ps and Qs. I didn't want to do the wrong thing and come up to my TV playing snow on ABC, ESPN, Freeform, the Disney Channel, Disney XD and now Fox. Logon to Hulu it doesn't work lol. I wouldn't put it past them. They tell me I can't line up somewhere I am not lining up lol

I know from a few sources that Reed wants to run D23. But Disney is being stubborn.

It’s a Disney owned and run event...how would they be “stubborn” about ReedPop taking over when they have no claim to the convention? :-k

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:26 am

kappait wrote:
ghostrye wrote:
kappait wrote:
That's what they did at SDCC last year too. I won a few signings that people obviously won and didn't show up. They said there was a standby line but they never let them in. I have a feeling this year a lot of people won't even sign up and they may actually have a plan for standby. At least that's how I'd run it.

The challenge is that it’s so hard to allocate space inside the con to a standby line when space is already at a premium.

I'm just not sure that's the case anymore. A lot of the line management seems to be cleaned up. Sails and out side sails could easily handle that traffic. They didn't use it for exclusives last year and could provide the location for that over flow. Another thing they could do is have a time limit in the morning to pick up a wrist band for a signing and have a stand by line out side sails. If they have any left over badges at say 930 when the floor opens they could pass out the remaining on a first come first serve basis.

But that’s kind of the whole point..they eliminated all the extraneous lines...why would they go right back to have new lines?

Swatrob

Postby Swatrob » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:07 am

Cmpotter wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:
Cmpotter wrote:
I hope they do! They just had a lottery for SWC and it was so much better than waiting overnight and still missing out...AtLeast lottery gives everyone a fair chance.

Exactly! I got lucky with SWC with the lottery so waited less than 30 minutes, but if I didn’t there was no way I was going to waste my entire day waiting in line while missing out on everything else.

I really liked the lottery system, I didn’t win much in it but at least it is fair
Walking Dead Super Fan, collector of random sets, Harry Potter, Star Wars, horror, Disney, and a few other here and there. Funko Funclub member. Have luckily attended Fundays, collecting since early 2000’s.

kappait

Postby kappait » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:16 pm

ghostrye wrote:
kappait wrote:
ghostrye wrote:

But that’s kind of the whole point..they eliminated all the extraneous lines...why would they go right back to have new lines?

I don't think they would add all that much. Especially if it's done before the show opens. Although I thought it was genius to have those lines. It took people off the floor. The floor is so congested now. It used to be Sunday was the worst day. Now it's all the days because people don't have lines to wait in.
ImageImage

Yoda '80

Funklub# 7225

Loki437

Postby Loki437 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:03 pm

kappait wrote:
ghostrye wrote:
kappait wrote:

I don't think they would add all that much. Especially if it's done before the show opens. Although I thought it was genius to have those lines. It took people off the floor. The floor is so congested now. It used to be Sunday was the worst day. Now it's all the days because people don't have lines to wait in.

I’ve noticed the same thing. After the lotteries, the floor became a hell of a lot more crowded at pretty much all times. I suppose that’s good for the vendors though!
Hi I'm Brandon
Funklub Member: 3538
ImageImage

kappait

Postby kappait » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:02 am

Loki437 wrote:
kappait wrote:
ghostrye wrote:

I’ve noticed the same thing. After the lotteries, the floor became a hell of a lot more crowded at pretty much all times. I suppose that’s good for the vendors though!

Agreed. They probably love it. Haha.

But the floor is definitely more crowded. I hate carrying my exclusives around for fear they will get banged up.
ImageImage

Yoda '80

Funklub# 7225

Loki437

Postby Loki437 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:17 am

kappait wrote:
Loki437 wrote:
kappait wrote:

But the floor is definitely more crowded. I hate carrying my exclusives around for fear they will get banged up.

Having a nearby hotel or vehicle is clutch!
Hi I'm Brandon
Funklub Member: 3538
ImageImage

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:18 am

theoriginalz wrote:
anime23 wrote:
theoriginalz wrote:

Of course ReedPop would want to run D23 ... it's huge. I would love to see a lottery process for the larger panels instead of sleeping overnight downstairs in the freezing basement!
I'm Greg. My son is "RSVHockeyDude". We collect Funko products together.
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197
Funko Soda (My New Favorite): 762 different Sodas including Intl Versions
Other Funko Products (Hikari, Vynl, Wobblers, etc) = 87
Proto Count = 14 Pop (Mostly NHL; a little of Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Disney, The Simpsons); 4 Soda (NYCC Freddy)

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:55 am

kappait wrote:
ghostrye wrote:
kappait wrote:

The floor felt more congested to me as well this past year.

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:57 am

kappait wrote:
Loki437 wrote:
kappait wrote:

Same. I had two delicate cast signed posters for the Orville and legends of tomorrow and I was a nervous wreck walking around the floor with them. We finally found a vendor that had heavy plastic sleeves to put the poster in to keep them safe.
Last edited by ghostrye on Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:59 am

Loki437 wrote:
kappait wrote:
Loki437 wrote:

This!!!! I lucked out in the hotel lottery this year...you can’t underestimate what an advantage it is.

Stragon

Postby Stragon » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:30 am

Even though I’m close enough to commuter, I feel the same way about having a close hotel so I can drop my merchandise off before it gets damaged.
FUNKO FUNDAYS: 2016,2018,2019,2022
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funko Mask O Raid 2022

FunkoMeansFun

Postby FunkoMeansFun » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:35 am

Libertyroxx wrote:I don't doubt we'll be seeing more versions of the Haunted Mansion ghosts with the anniversary coming up. Excited to see what they are!

I bet something special is in the works ;) .... :mickey3: :mal: :donald: :cheshire: :goofy: :tigger: :dumbo: :wwe13:

Hopefully ;) . :freddy1: :freddy3: :freddy4:
:freddy3: Image

ImageImage

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:39 am

Swatrob wrote:
Cmpotter wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:

I really liked the lottery system, I didn’t win much in it but at least it is fair

Yeah I think lottery system is most fair in giving people a chance.
Collecting since 2014

rontonsoup

Postby rontonsoup » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:16 am

They should make Freddy Funko Haunted Mansion Pops for Fundays :)
Collecting since 2015: "A couple that collects together, stays together."

Mjacob78

Postby Mjacob78 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:44 am

rontonsoup wrote:They should make Freddy Funko Haunted Mansion Pops for Fundays :)

YES!!! Oh I would die lol
Gotta love those pops :freddy2:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Swatrob

Postby Swatrob » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:03 am

nascar246788 wrote:
Swatrob wrote:
Cmpotter wrote:

Yeah I think lottery system is most fair in giving people a chance.

I waited in line one year and saw so many people jumping the line
Walking Dead Super Fan, collector of random sets, Harry Potter, Star Wars, horror, Disney, and a few other here and there. Funko Funclub member. Have luckily attended Fundays, collecting since early 2000’s.

kappait

Postby kappait » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:07 am

Loki437 wrote:
kappait wrote:
Loki437 wrote:

Yeah and the bag check is actually pretty good. The only bad part is you have to get your stuff before like 7pm.
ImageImage

Yoda '80

Funklub# 7225

kappait

Postby kappait » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:08 am

ghostrye wrote:
kappait wrote:
ghostrye wrote:

Yeah it's definitely noticeable. It used to be only Sunday.
ImageImage

Yoda '80

Funklub# 7225

kappait

Postby kappait » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:10 am

ghostrye wrote:
kappait wrote:
Loki437 wrote:

Same. I had to delicate cast signed posters for the Orville and legends of tomorrow and I was a nervous wreck walking around the floor with them. We finally found a vendor that had heavy plastic sleeves to put the poster in to keep them safe.

Yeah my Supertroopers 2 poster got smashed. I was pretty bummed. The creases were pretty bad. I had no idea it got crushed by some other stuff from Hallmark.
ImageImage

Yoda '80

Funklub# 7225

kappait

Postby kappait » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:12 am

ghostrye wrote:
Loki437 wrote:
kappait wrote:

This!!!! I lucked out in the hotel lottery this year...you can’t underestimate what an advantage it is.

This is the first year I got a hotel. I'm sure you guys are right. It will be nice to have an AC spot to chill and drop off exclusives.
ImageImage

Yoda '80

Funklub# 7225

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:39 am

kappait wrote:
ghostrye wrote:
Loki437 wrote:

This is the first year I got a hotel. I'm sure you guys are right. It will be nice to have an AC spot to chill and drop off exclusives.

It also just connects you to all the things occurring in the gaslamp area...you will love it.

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:47 am

kappait wrote:
ghostrye wrote:
kappait wrote:

Same. I had to delicate cast signed posters for the Orville and legends of tomorrow and I was a nervous wreck walking around the floor with them. We finally found a vendor that had heavy plastic sleeves to put the poster in to keep them safe.

Yeah my Supertroopers 2 poster got smashed. I was pretty bummed. The creases were pretty bad. I had no idea it got crushed by some other stuff from Hallmark.

We looked everywhere for a vendor selling small poster tubes that I could put the posters in, but we couldn’t find anyone that anything less than the huge tubes. I was convinced it would get destroyed.

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:49 am

kappait wrote:
ghostrye wrote:
kappait wrote:

Preview night is also pretty crazy as well.

The Bleach Fan

Postby The Bleach Fan » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:53 am

Great catch on the hotels everyone. It does make a big difference to be nearby.

MarvelPopFan75

Postby MarvelPopFan75 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:22 am

ghostrye wrote:
kappait wrote:
ghostrye wrote:

We looked everywhere for a vendor selling small poster tubes that I could put the posters in, but we couldn’t find anyone that anything less than the huge tubes. I was convinced it would get destroyed.

I hate when they give you small posters as sway, if you don't have a folio with you at all times you might as well just wad the things up and through them in the trash.
Hello, my name is Kevin Rutan

Image Image Image Image Image

kappait

Postby kappait » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:00 pm

ghostrye wrote:
kappait wrote:
ghostrye wrote:

It also just connects you to all the things occurring in the gaslamp area...you will love it.

Yeah I usually never get out to the off sites. I'm looking forward to it!!
ImageImage

Yoda '80

Funklub# 7225

kappait

Postby kappait » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:03 pm

ghostrye wrote:
kappait wrote:
ghostrye wrote:

I usually am totally prepared for protection for my exclusives. But I never sign up for signings. So I totally over looked a poster tube.
ImageImage

Yoda '80

Funklub# 7225

kappait

Postby kappait » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:04 pm

ghostrye wrote:
kappait wrote:
ghostrye wrote:

Preview night is also pretty crazy as well.

Yeah I like preview night. I map out my exclusive paths. Haha.
ImageImage

Yoda '80

Funklub# 7225

kappait

Postby kappait » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:05 pm

MarvelPopFan75 wrote:
ghostrye wrote:
kappait wrote:

I hate when they give you small posters as sway, if you don't have a folio with you at all times you might as well just wad the things up and through them in the trash.

I usually carry a small binder with sleeves to put that swag in.
ImageImage

Yoda '80

Funklub# 7225

rontonsoup

Postby rontonsoup » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:52 pm

Mjacob78 wrote:
rontonsoup wrote:They should make Freddy Funko Haunted Mansion Pops for Fundays :)

YES!!! Oh I would die lol

And make GITD versions too
Collecting since 2015: "A couple that collects together, stays together."

anime23

Postby anime23 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:00 am

theoriginalz wrote:
anime23 wrote:
theoriginalz wrote:

HA they can give that up right now. Never going to happen. They have nothing to offer Disney. Take a look https://boygeniusreport.files.wordpress ... &strip=all
Would you believe I just found the signature block? My name is Kimberly check out my foodagram @imonehungrynerd or nerdy stuff @thenerdelement

Image Image

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:11 am

kappait wrote:
ghostrye wrote:
kappait wrote:

Yeah I usually never get out to the off sites. I'm looking forward to it!!

The other thing that I would recommend is having dining reservations set each night. When the con lets out, people flood the gaslamp district looking for food and the lines quickly get massively out of control. But if you take a little time to research restaurants and make a few reservations, you will be endlessly pleased with yourself.

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:14 am

FunkoMeansFun wrote:
Libertyroxx wrote:I don't doubt we'll be seeing more versions of the Haunted Mansion ghosts with the anniversary coming up. Excited to see what they are!

I bet something special is in the works ;) .... :mickey3: :mal: :donald: :cheshire: :goofy: :tigger: :dumbo: :wwe13:

Hopefully ;) . :freddy1: :freddy3: :freddy4:

Yep...I would guess that the spirits are assembling for a swinging wake at this very moment. :-"

SuMo

Postby SuMo » Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:24 am

calpolyidiot wrote:Any Haunted Mansion Pop would be awesome. Not keen on taking a mold and making it metallic though. For the 50th, why not a pop of something we dont have yet.

Exactly. Metallic but a diff mold.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Pop!”