Fantastic Four.

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Funko_boy13

Re: Fantastic Four.

Postby Funko_boy13 » Tue May 14, 2019 6:07 pm

I hope that one day funko will make all the fantastic 4.

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Tue May 14, 2019 6:27 pm

Funko_boy13 wrote:I hope that one day funko will make all the fantastic 4.

I think once Marvel brings them into the movie world we will get more F4 in the Funko World. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Wed May 15, 2019 12:34 am

Tusken wrote:

I think once Marvel brings them into the movie world we will get more F4 in the Funko World. :freddy3:

Yeah at that point there will almost be no choice. Disney and marvel will make F4 a household name.
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

pberickp

Postby pberickp » Fri May 17, 2019 9:09 pm

I would go absolutely wild for a 10” galactus
Hi, my name is Erick. I live in San Diego and I love Spastik Plastik.
ISO: Luther (glow), metallic green Sam, Pulpos from SDCC Funko Supermarket, & any T-Bone other than blue and red.
SDCC 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
ImageImage

GettingSodas

Postby GettingSodas » Fri May 17, 2019 10:57 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
Tusken wrote:

Yeah at that point there will almost be no choice. Disney and marvel will make F4 a household name.

Fantastic Four has been a household name for a while. They are the OGs of Marvel as we know it today.
Been collecting Funko since 2015!

ISO: Marvel Comic Protos

UlfricFrost

Postby UlfricFrost » Fri May 17, 2019 11:21 pm

Johnny Storm Flamed GITD! Yes!

sushiguru

Postby sushiguru » Fri May 17, 2019 11:27 pm

metallic johnny storm

Hawkeye_13

Postby Hawkeye_13 » Fri May 17, 2019 11:29 pm

Four pack would be awesome!

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Sat May 18, 2019 12:59 am

GettingSodas wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
Tusken wrote:

Fantastic Four has been a household name for a while. They are the OGs of Marvel as we know it today.

Agree FF is already pretty well known at this point. You don’t get a nickname like Marvel’s First Family otherwise. Still hoping we’ll see a MCC FF box eventually

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sat May 18, 2019 1:39 am

GettingSodas wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
Tusken wrote:

The problem is the new generation doesnt have that perception because they haven't been introduced in the MCU yet. But when they do. . Its Game Over
PopPChulo

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

GettingSodas

Postby GettingSodas » Sat May 18, 2019 10:53 am

PopPChulo wrote:
GettingSodas wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:Yeah at that point there will almost be no choice. Disney and marvel will make F4 a household name.

The problem is the new generation doesnt have that perception because they haven't been introduced in the MCU yet. But when they do. . Its Game Over

I don’t know man. MCU isn't everything man. Comics are the main source! But with that being said they’ve been missing for quite sometime until recently.

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sat May 18, 2019 11:12 am

GettingSodas wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
GettingSodas wrote:Fantastic Four has been a household name for a while. They are the OGs of Marvel as we know it today.

I don’t know man. MCU isn't everything man. Comics are the main source! But with that being said they’ve been missing for quite sometime until recently.

Ahh but MCU is everything. The younger generation for the most part is not picking up comic books like we used to and getting submerged in the mythos. Their exposure is solely coming from forms of visual media. Iron man was not half as popular before Marvel Studios created him as a cornerstone of the MCU. If they can position fantastic four in the same light .. it can bring them back to prominence.
PopPChulo

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Sat May 18, 2019 12:00 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
GettingSodas wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:The problem is the new generation doesnt have that perception because they haven't been introduced in the MCU yet. But when they do. . Its Game Over

Ahh but MCU is everything. The younger generation for the most part is not picking up comic books like we used to and getting submerged in the mythos. Their exposure is solely coming from forms of visual media. Iron man was not half as popular before Marvel Studios created him as a cornerstone of the MCU. If they can position fantastic four in the same light .. it can bring them back to prominence.

Unfortunately most of this is true and quite sad but today’s generation probably only knows of the FF mostly from either a pretty sub par first couple of movies or the really bad one from a couple years ago. Even though they are really big in the comic world and the Marvel Universe itself, a lot of today’s youth probably don’t know much about them outside of those movies if even that. Which is really sad because they are such great characters and have one of, if not the best Marvel villains in Dr. Doom and other great characters

GettingSodas

Postby GettingSodas » Sat May 18, 2019 12:05 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
GettingSodas wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:The problem is the new generation doesnt have that perception because they haven't been introduced in the MCU yet. But when they do. . Its Game Over

Yeah I suppose. What a shame.

GettingSodas

Postby GettingSodas » Sat May 18, 2019 12:06 pm

MattyPHATty wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
GettingSodas wrote:I don’t know man. MCU isn't everything man. Comics are the main source! But with that being said they’ve been missing for quite sometime until recently.

Unfortunately most of this is true and quite sad but today’s generation probably only knows of the FF mostly from either a pretty sub par first couple of movies or the really bad one from a couple years ago. Even though they are really big in the comic world and the Marvel Universe itself, a lot of today’s youth probably don’t know much about them outside of those movies if even that. Which is really sad because they are such great characters and have one of, if not the best Marvel villains in Dr. Doom and other great characters

One of my favorite villains for sure.

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sat May 18, 2019 12:06 pm

MattyPHATty wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
GettingSodas wrote:I don’t know man. MCU isn't everything man. Comics are the main source! But with that being said they’ve been missing for quite sometime until recently.

And we have yet to get one that is accurate to that of the comic books. However; i think that we will see that when we get Marvel Studios version of Dr.Doom
PopPChulo

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Sat May 18, 2019 12:48 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:Ahh but MCU is everything. The younger generation for the most part is not picking up comic books like we used to and getting submerged in the mythos. Their exposure is solely coming from forms of visual media. Iron man was not half as popular before Marvel Studios created him as a cornerstone of the MCU. If they can position fantastic four in the same light .. it can bring them back to prominence.

And we have yet to get one that is accurate to that of the comic books. However; i think that we will see that when we get Marvel Studios version of Dr.Doom

Also agreed, the movies Fox put out were pretty bad for the most part (especially the last one) and hardly followed the comics. The MCU will do them right and I have no doubt will do Dr. Doom justice. It still may be a few years off at this point, but it will be exciting when it finally does happen

omarwinkie

Postby omarwinkie » Sat May 18, 2019 12:54 pm

Im excited to see what marvel will do with this movie

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sat May 18, 2019 1:08 pm

MattyPHATty wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:Unfortunately most of this is true and quite sad but today’s generation probably only knows of the FF mostly from either a pretty sub par first couple of movies or the really bad one from a couple years ago. Even though they are really big in the comic world and the Marvel Universe itself, a lot of today’s youth probably don’t know much about them outside of those movies if even that. Which is really sad because they are such great characters and have one of, if not the best Marvel villains in Dr. Doom and other great characters

Also agreed, the movies Fox put out were pretty bad for the most part (especially the last one) and hardly followed the comics. The MCU will do them right and I have no doubt will do Dr. Doom justice. It still may be a few years off at this point, but it will be exciting when it finally does happen

I think your spot on but i think marvel will start teasing FF and X-men shortly.
PopPChulo

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Sat May 18, 2019 2:48 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:And we have yet to get one that is accurate to that of the comic books. However; i think that we will see that when we get Marvel Studios version of Dr.Doom

I think your spot on but i think marvel will start teasing FF and X-men shortly.

They have to many movies in the works right now for anything to happen this year or next. We may get a little tease, but I still think it may be a bit. Disney now needs to figure out their next step for the MCU, after Far From Home the MCU will be on hiatus but the next projects after that are the Eternals, Black Panther 2, Doctor Strange 2, Guardians 3 and a few others so if we get FF or xmen anytime soon, they will have to push back other projects already in the works. Which could be a possibility, they pushed back the original black panther when they got the rights back to Spidey from Sony so it isn’t unheard of. Should be a very interesting next couple of years for the MCU

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sat May 18, 2019 3:29 pm

MattyPHATty wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:Also agreed, the movies Fox put out were pretty bad for the most part (especially the last one) and hardly followed the comics. The MCU will do them right and I have no doubt will do Dr. Doom justice. It still may be a few years off at this point, but it will be exciting when it finally does happen

They have to many movies in the works right now for anything to happen this year or next. We may get a little tease, but I still think it may be a bit. Disney now needs to figure out their next step for the MCU, after Far From Home the MCU will be on hiatus but the next projects after that are the Eternals, Black Panther 2, Doctor Strange 2, Guardians 3 and a few others so if we get FF or xmen anytime soon, they will have to push back other projects already in the works. Which could be a possibility, they pushed back the original black panther when they got the rights back to Spidey from Sony so it isn’t unheard of. Should be a very interesting next couple of years for the MCU

Definitely.. knowing marvel they probably already have it all planned out. I mean think about it. . The release schedule all the way through 2022 has been established. You never know who they will introduce and win because remember spiderman AND blackpanther were introduced in Civil War. So all the movies you named could very well integrate F4 or even the Uncanny X-men. Especially with them already speaking on a rift in timelines.
PopPChulo

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Sat May 18, 2019 6:16 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:I think your spot on but i think marvel will start teasing FF and X-men shortly.

Definitely.. knowing marvel they probably already have it all planned out. I mean think about it. . The release schedule all the way through 2022 has been established. You never know who they will introduce and win because remember spiderman AND blackpanther were introduced in Civil War. So all the movies you named could very well integrate F4 or even the Uncanny X-men. Especially with them already speaking on a rift in timelines.

Most definitely. Heck it would be real easy to introduce any of them in any of the upcoming movies, Black Panther originally came from the FF in the comics, Spidey was a long time member of the FF, so if they wanted to go any of those routes it would be easy. Not to mention if and when they hopefully decide to add the Silver Surfer to the MCU, he spans a lot of different characters and also came originally from the FF so the possibilities are really endless at this point. They definitely have a blueprint mapped out for the next few years now that they have all the properties under one roof again. Its going to be fun to watch how it all unfolds. In Kevin Feige we trust

moneyhelpspk

Postby moneyhelpspk » Wed May 22, 2019 6:33 pm

Glad to see were finally getting some new FF pops :)

Jortega321

Postby Jortega321 » Wed May 22, 2019 8:35 pm

Valde wrote:With this week being the resurgence or Marvel and Fantastic Four could we be seeing some of these in the near Future? All the characters are showing up in mobile games as well as costumes for She Hulk and such. I would love to see a new style of Dr Doom as well as the four.

I hope so!!!
2013 NYCC
2014 1st Pop at NYCC
2014 NYCC
2015 NYCC
2016 NYCC
2017 NYCC
2018 NYCC
2018 1st Proto at NYCC Fugitive Party
2019 NY Toy Fair
2019 NYCC
2021 NYCC
2022 SMF1, SMF2 and SMF Soda
2022 NYCC
2022 Fright Night II

http://www.instagram.com/jersey_jorge

Oxayotl

Postby Oxayotl » Wed May 22, 2019 11:13 pm

moneyhelpspk wrote:Image

Technically, that's Jim Hammond, the 40's era android Human Torch, unaffiliated with the FF. I know, I'm fun at parties.

That said, I definitely think it could be them testing the water for future FF pop interest.

moneyhelpspk

Postby moneyhelpspk » Wed May 22, 2019 11:26 pm

Oxayotl wrote:

Technically, that's Jim Hammond, the 40's era android Human Torch, unaffiliated with the FF. I know, I'm fun at parties.

That said, I definitely think it could be them testing the water for future FF pop interest.

Ah I wasn't aware of that, good info to know.

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Thu May 23, 2019 1:11 am

A Pop has no face.
PopPChulo

AnyGivenFunko

Postby AnyGivenFunko » Thu May 23, 2019 2:38 am

Waiting for the GITD variant
Dennis
IG: AnyGivenFunko

Funko Events: "17, "22, and "23 Fundays, "Making Fun" Hollywood Premiere, Irvine Spectrum PEZ event, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, FDO8, FDO9, FunKon Hollywood, "22 & "23 Mask-O-raid, Fright Night II, Bob's Big Boy

Kwiksilverpop

Postby Kwiksilverpop » Thu May 23, 2019 2:39 am

pberickp wrote:I would go absolutely wild for a 10” galactus

Galactus has been on my dream list for a while, hope he gets made one day!
Cons: Comikaze' 15, SDCC '16, NYCC '16, Blizzcon '16, ECCC '17, D23 '17, SDCC '17, Blizzcon '17, ECCC '18, SDCC' 18, NYCC '18, DCON '18, SDCC '19, NYCC' 21, SDCC '22
Events: Fundays '16, Fright Night '16, Fundays '17, HQ Grand Opening '17, Fundays '18, Fundays '19, Fundays '22

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Thu May 23, 2019 8:12 am

AnyGivenFunko wrote:Waiting for the GITD variant

Yeah definitely looks like it's a perfect pop to get the GITD treatment.

volsspongebob

Postby volsspongebob » Thu May 23, 2019 9:12 am

Oxayotl wrote:

Some good nerd knowledge here. As an avid collector of Comic First appearance POPs I am stoked about this one.
Love to Collect the 80s stuff. Also chasing the OG Rocky Set. First Funko Purchase was 2012 SDCC.

MISSING FUNDAYS ON A DAILY BASIS!!

[size=85]Image

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Thu May 23, 2019 9:23 am

PopPChulo wrote:Just make sure my human torch glows in the dark and we are A-Okay

That would be a nice touch
Hi! I'm Dustin! I'm addicted to Pops! and a sucker for nostalgia... my wife thinks I'm stuck in the 90's.

I'm growing older but not up
- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Oxayotl

Postby Oxayotl » Thu May 23, 2019 10:55 am

volsspongebob wrote:
Oxayotl wrote:

Some good nerd knowledge here. As an avid collector of Comic First appearance POPs I am stoked about this one.

Same!

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Thu May 23, 2019 11:04 am

Xenomorph wrote:Maybe one day we'll get a decent Fantastic Four movie which would hopefully generate enough interest for some new/more Fantastic Four Pops. Clear GITD Human Torch would be pretty sweet!

I always really want to like the films. They just make it so hard for me!
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

MarvelPopFan75

Postby MarvelPopFan75 » Thu May 23, 2019 11:07 am

Oxayotl wrote:
volsspongebob wrote:
Oxayotl wrote:

Same!

Some small additional knowledge: the android Human Torch first appeared in Marvel Comics #1 published by Timely Comics, that would later change its name to Marvel Comics years later. The first appearance pops are fantastic and I hope we continue to get more of them.
Hello, my name is Kevin Rutan

Image Image Image Image Image

Jesusni1

Postby Jesusni1 » Thu May 23, 2019 11:07 am

Hopefully Marvel gives the fantastic four a good remake. Specially Dr.Doom. ;-)

Xenomorph

Postby Xenomorph » Thu May 23, 2019 11:08 am

NCDS wrote:
Xenomorph wrote:Maybe one day we'll get a decent Fantastic Four movie which would hopefully generate enough interest for some new/more Fantastic Four Pops. Clear GITD Human Torch would be pretty sweet!

I don't HATE them, they just don't hold up to any of the marvel movies we get today so it's hard for me to LIKE them.

MarvelPopFan75

Postby MarvelPopFan75 » Thu May 23, 2019 11:12 am

NCDS wrote:

The funny part is that they were pretty close to the actual feel of the Fantastic Four comics in the first movie. If the portrayals of Sue Storm and Dr. Doom weren't so horrific they might have actually had something there. Fortunately they did fail so we got Chris Evans as Captain America. I will attempt to pretend that the last abomination put out by Fox never happened.
Hello, my name is Kevin Rutan

Image Image Image Image Image

Xenomorph

Postby Xenomorph » Thu May 23, 2019 11:14 am

MarvelPopFan75 wrote:
NCDS wrote:

The funny part is that they were pretty close to the actual feel of the Fantastic Four comics in the first movie. If the portrayals of Sue Storm and Dr. Doom weren't so horrific they might have actually had something there. Fortunately they did fail so we got Chris Evans as Captain America. I will attempt to pretend that the last abomination put out by Fox never happened.

I know I watched that movie, but I don't think I paid attention to it at all because I don't remember it.

Maybe that's my way of dealing with the trauma and I've just completely blocked it out.

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Thu May 23, 2019 11:20 am

the fox approach to FF was atrocious. i believe that now with the franchise in the hands of disney/marvel they will deliver a quality product. that said, i also believe disney/marvel will want to allow some time to pass...the FF movies are still somewhat recent and they want us all to forget lol...doesn't mean funko can't jump start the process and crank out some beautiful new pops to hold us over until then! :D :D :D

Return to “Pop!”