New Game of Thrones Pops

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
HarryPOPter

Re: New Game of Thrones Pops

Postby HarryPOPter » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:25 pm

d00dz wrote:
repair-manmanmanman wrote:
TenTwoSix wrote:
Hopefully that doesn’t happen!

Just by virtue of people not wanting it to happen means it will definitely happen lol

Its how they play with people's emotions.

How sad. :-/
Jenny
For more fun on IG: @harrypopter

Harry Potter. Disney villains.

Fundays 2017 :freddy1:

HarryPOPter

Postby HarryPOPter » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:27 pm

franzsy0519 wrote:
ghostrye wrote:I would love to go backwards just a bit and finally do a Catelyn Stark Pop to go with the rest of her family. There have been so many great additions to this line, but that is still a glaring omission.

It's gonna suck so bad if someone would want to do a family picture of all the Starks, but he/she can't because there is no Catelyn Stark Pop #-o This one is definitely long overdue!

This is exactly how I feel with the incomplete Weasley family. Get a Sansa pop and repaint the hair. Everyone always says Sophie Turner looks a lot like Michelle Fairley. Maybe it'll translate in pop form lol
Jenny

Mags

Postby Mags » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:32 pm

SuMo wrote:Anyone think there will be a restock on the latest Arya and metallic Knight King/Throne pop?

Prolly not. Arya was a con exclusive and any leftover metallic Night King pops are probably already accounted for. If anything the best you'll get is Popcultcha getting some stock several months from now.

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:33 am

HarryPOPter wrote:
franzsy0519 wrote:
ghostrye wrote:I would love to go backwards just a bit and finally do a Catelyn Stark Pop to go with the rest of her family. There have been so many great additions to this line, but that is still a glaring omission.

It's gonna suck so bad if someone would want to do a family picture of all the Starks, but he/she can't because there is no Catelyn Stark Pop #-o This one is definitely long overdue!

This is exactly how I feel with the incomplete Weasley family. Get a Sansa pop and repaint the hair. Everyone always says Sophie Turner looks a lot like Michelle Fairley. Maybe it'll translate in pop form lol

I mean...they could do a cool two pack of Catelyn with a Rob stark filled with arrows!

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:34 am

franzsy0519 wrote:

And it’s such a demanded character.

Indy Viper

Postby Indy Viper » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:48 am

I’m surprised with this being the final season that Funko hasn’t capitalized more on all the hype and pumped out an extra wave or two of “best of” characters like new versions of Hound or Sansa mixed with a few classic characters who never had Pops like Catelyn. I feel like those would sell really well right now, but I’m not sure how much interest there’ll be a year or two from now after the show’s off the air.
ImageImage

franzsy0519

Postby franzsy0519 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:00 am

ghostrye wrote:
HarryPOPter wrote:
franzsy0519 wrote:

I mean...they could do a cool two pack of Catelyn with a Rob stark filled with arrows!

That'd be gruesome... But I'll do you one better - Grey Wind head on Robb's body in the 2-pack lol
Funko Funatic Philippines since Oct. 2013 \:D/

d00dz

Postby d00dz » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:44 am

franzsy0519 wrote:
ghostrye wrote:
HarryPOPter wrote:

That'd be gruesome... But I'll do you one better - Grey Wind head on Robb's body in the 2-pack lol

I would actually buy that!

Or we can have a Movie Moments with Walder Frey eating soup with Arya behind him.
ImageImageImage Image

parrity

Postby parrity » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:38 am

Indy Viper wrote:I’m surprised with this being the final season that Funko hasn’t capitalized more on all the hype and pumped out an extra wave or two of “best of” characters like new versions of Hound or Sansa mixed with a few classic characters who never had Pops like Catelyn. I feel like those would sell really well right now, but I’m not sure how much interest there’ll be a year or two from now after the show’s off the air.

Maybe they announce something soon since the show launches this weekend.

Rara25

Postby Rara25 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:06 am

I wouldn't be surprised if they have a Season 8 wave in the pipeline ready to be announced soon after the shows finale (at the end of May). That would be the right way to do it, especially to avoid Spoilers like they did with the Night King ride at the end of Season 7.

Popwarrior86

Postby Popwarrior86 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:19 pm

I am looking forward to the new set of GOT pops!!!

Swatrob wrote:Last season of this series so you know they are going to put something cool out. Then the next series in the game of thrones universe will come out and you will get some cool new characters

d00dz

Postby d00dz » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:30 pm

Rara25 wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if they have a Season 8 wave in the pipeline ready to be announced soon after the shows finale (at the end of May). That would be the right way to do it, especially to avoid Spoilers like they did with the Night King ride at the end of Season 7.

You are likely spot-on. Funko has been known to do this for other movies like Flerken Goose that was revealed much later.
ImageImageImage Image

parrity

Postby parrity » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:31 pm

Rara25 wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if they have a Season 8 wave in the pipeline ready to be announced soon after the shows finale (at the end of May). That would be the right way to do it, especially to avoid Spoilers like they did with the Night King ride at the end of Season 7.

Good point, but Funko has been iffy on spoilers in recent memories. :/

franzsy0519

Postby franzsy0519 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:04 pm

Actually, Funko found quite a decent solution for avoiding potential spoilers:

Make Pops for 5 major characters sitting on the Iron Throne lol lol lol Way to keep up guessing!
Funko Funatic Philippines since Oct. 2013 \:D/

Mrchong156

Postby Mrchong156 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:55 pm

Im still waiting for a robert baratheon pop! you have his 2 sons! haha
ImageImage

sambunctious10

Postby sambunctious10 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:02 pm

Hoping there's a new The Hound, the old one definitely could use a redesign.

nyel24

Postby nyel24 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:34 pm

Mrchong156 wrote:Im still waiting for a robert baratheon pop! you have his 2 sons! haha

This would be a very good one to have.

Rara25

Postby Rara25 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:39 pm

franzsy0519 wrote: Actually, Funko found quite a decent solution for avoiding potential spoilers:

Make Pops for 5 major characters sitting on the Iron Throne lol lol lol Way to keep up guessing!

lol tbh that was a good solution by Funko of releasing something but not really releasing something ;-) Also imagine if none of them end up on the Iron Throne looool.

Without spoilers i'm guessing the new Season 8 wave will include inevitable new versions of Daenerys and Jon, and could potentially see:

The Hound (overdue remold)
Night King (using head from the iron throne version)
Jorah (in armor)
Jaime Lannister
Theon
Sansa
Euron
Leader of the Golden Company

2017fanatic

Postby 2017fanatic » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:03 pm

I myself will be, but I want to know from everyone else..will you still be collecting GOT Funkos (not counting spinoffs or prequels) after the season ends? Like let's say they create a Missandei pop
Funatic of all things Funko!!

GettingSodas

Postby GettingSodas » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:02 pm

I’m genuinely scared to watch this show because I’m certain I’m going to want the pops.
Been collecting Funko since 2015!

ISO: Marvel Comic Protos

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:23 pm

franzsy0519 wrote:
ghostrye wrote:
HarryPOPter wrote:

Honestly, once Funko did the headless Ned pop, I thought for sure they would do a Robb with greywind head.

SchoolBoyQ

Postby SchoolBoyQ » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:26 pm

Just wait until Sunday. Funko going to get more ideas from each episode
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

HarryPOPter

Postby HarryPOPter » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:27 pm

d00dz wrote:
franzsy0519 wrote:
ghostrye wrote:

I would actually buy that!

Or we can have a Movie Moments with Walder Frey eating soup with Arya behind him.

You all have gruesome ideas but I love them all. I would buy all of these. I bet that soup would have like an eyeball in it or something or chunks lol
Jenny

HarryPOPter

Postby HarryPOPter » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:29 pm

franzsy0519 wrote:

Actually, Funko found quite a decent solution for avoiding potential spoilers:

It also makes it more fun too for the fans of those characters who want to see them on the throne.
Jenny

HarryPOPter

Postby HarryPOPter » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:31 pm

Mrchong156 wrote:Im still waiting for a robert baratheon pop! you have his 2 sons! haha

He would make such a good pop too!
Jenny

HarryPOPter

Postby HarryPOPter » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:32 pm

2017fanatic wrote:I myself will be, but I want to know from everyone else..will you still be collecting GOT Funkos (not counting spinoffs or prequels) after the season ends? Like let's say they create a Missandei pop

If I stuck with the GoT line exclusively I definitely still would be. They have so many characters they have so much potential for so much more. Also further in the future means more spoilery pops.
Jenny

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:46 am

Call me crazy, but I also wouldn’t be opposed to crypt statues of Ned, Lyanna and the rest of the starks.

SchoolBoyQ

Postby SchoolBoyQ » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:21 am

Really curious if Funko will continue with this line after the season ends. Probably one more wave at best. Maybe they will move on to the planned spinoffs?
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

d00dz

Postby d00dz » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:41 am

SchoolBoyQ wrote:Really curious if Funko will continue with this line after the season ends. Probably one more wave at best. Maybe they will move on to the planned spinoffs?

One wave will probably come with the final season's characters that would be spoilers if they revealed now.
ImageImageImage Image

TenTwoSix

Postby TenTwoSix » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:30 am

Indy Viper wrote:I’m surprised with this being the final season that Funko hasn’t capitalized more on all the hype and pumped out an extra wave or two of “best of” characters like new versions of Hound or Sansa mixed with a few classic characters who never had Pops like Catelyn. I feel like those would sell really well right now, but I’m not sure how much interest there’ll be a year or two from now after the show’s off the air.

Probably more to come I’m guessing. But I agree, it’s really tame compared to all the chrome and other variations of avengers
Hi, I'm Jerry!

TenTwoSix

Postby TenTwoSix » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:32 am

SchoolBoyQ wrote:Really curious if Funko will continue with this line after the season ends. Probably one more wave at best. Maybe they will move on to the planned spinoffs?

I don’t see why not. Funko makes pops of shows years after they have ended. Harry Potter still gets new waves and all the movies are over.
Hi, I'm Jerry!

ChrisPardoooh

Postby ChrisPardoooh » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:34 am

Funko should invest into Tv Moments like their movie moments funko pops, would be cool to see like a hodor holding the door moment, or a The Mountain vs The Viper. Think of all the possibilities :freddy2:
Last edited by ChrisPardoooh on Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Funko FunKlub Member #15822
Funko Funklub 2016 Member #773

POP! count: 115
Dorbz count: 11
PoP! Milestone!
100th - Super Saiyan God Goku

ImageImageImage

TenTwoSix

Postby TenTwoSix » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:39 am

ghostrye wrote:Call me crazy, but I also wouldn’t be opposed to crypt statues of Ned, Lyanna and the rest of the starks.

I think that’s an interesting idea!
Hi, I'm Jerry!

ChrisPardoooh

Postby ChrisPardoooh » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:45 am

accidentally posted ](*,)
Funko FunKlub Member #15822
Funko Funklub 2016 Member #773

POP! count: 115
Dorbz count: 11
PoP! Milestone!
100th - Super Saiyan God Goku

ImageImageImage

HarryPOPter

Postby HarryPOPter » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:19 pm

d00dz wrote:

One wave will probably come with the final season's characters that would be spoilers if they revealed now.

I agree with this. There's definitely a wave they're saving for after the season ends.
Jenny

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:35 pm

TenTwoSix wrote:
ghostrye wrote:Call me crazy, but I also wouldn’t be opposed to crypt statues of Ned, Lyanna and the rest of the starks.

They do such a good job with the paint finishes....they would be cool in statue form.

Bushmaster51

Postby Bushmaster51 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:39 pm

ghostrye wrote:
TenTwoSix wrote:

They do such a good job with the paint finishes....they would be cool in statue form.

That would be cool to see staues of Ned and Lyanna Stark.

TenTwoSix

Postby TenTwoSix » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:28 pm

Bushmaster51 wrote:
ghostrye wrote:
TenTwoSix wrote:

The statue doesn’t look like Ned so would they have to make the Funko statue pop not look like ned lol
Hi, I'm Jerry!

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:19 am

TenTwoSix wrote:
Bushmaster51 wrote:
ghostrye wrote:

The statue doesn’t look like Ned so would they have to make the Funko statue pop not look like ned lol

That’s true! Sansa said it didn’t look like Ned...

jcowden5984

Postby jcowden5984 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:56 am

I dunno if anybody has brought this up before, but I would love a white walker bear pop like the one they get attacked by. Maybe even a 6 inch of it.

Return to “Pop!”