New Game of Thrones Pops

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Hurcaneman

New Game of Thrones Pops

Postby Hurcaneman » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:46 pm

I am a member of a few Funko social media groups and a posting there showed that there are some new Thrones Pops and Rides listed in a retailer database.
Has anyone seen any glams or heard anymore info as to when they will be shipping?
Best wishes to all

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Re: New Game of Thrones Pops

Postby CaseyJones14 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:48 pm

Nothing is official until Funko announces it so we couldn't share glams yet even if they were out. I'm guessing we'll see something in the next month or so especially considering the New York Toy Fair is in February. I can't wait to see them and the new season!
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:11 pm

Hurcaneman wrote:I am a member of a few Funko social media groups and a posting there showed that there are some new Thrones Pops and Rides listed in a retailer database.
Has anyone seen any glams or heard anymore info as to when they will be shipping?
Best wishes to all

2 of the rides I think are rereleases and I am honestly not looking forward to what 5 versions of the iron throne
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:33 pm

They are leaks and we don't really discuss those here because they can be dangerous to Funko and their licensors. Hopefully we'll hear something soon about new POPs!
Image Image Image Image
First Funko Product: Captain Rex Wobbler
First POP: Deadpool

theoneupper02

Postby theoneupper02 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:48 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
Hurcaneman wrote:I am a member of a few Funko social media groups and a posting there showed that there are some new Thrones Pops and Rides listed in a retailer database.
Best wishes to all

2 of the rides I think are rereleases and I am honestly not looking forward to what 5 versions of the iron throne

Same here. I feel like they will just slap the common pop (already released) on the same iron throne. I would much rather they make new molds or new characters.
Bobby

ISO: High end GOT and DBZ

Image Image Image

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:34 pm

theoneupper02 wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
Best wishes to all

Same here. I feel like they will just slap the common pop (already released) on the same iron throne. I would much rather they make new molds or new characters.

And who ever wins will prolly sky rocket in price lol

LatinFunko

Postby LatinFunko » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:36 pm

theoneupper02 wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
Best wishes to all

Agreed. Maybe re-release older molds.
OWNER
http://www.thefunexchange.com

IG & Facebook @thefunexchange

Image :wwe5: Image

Fundays 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2022

FDO7 Sacramento | FDO8 San Francisco

Fright Night | HQ Grand Opening | Making Fun Movie Premiere | FunKon

yanban

Postby yanban » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:54 pm

theoneupper02 wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
Best wishes to all

Agree

Swatrob

Postby Swatrob » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:22 pm

Last season of this series so you know they are going to put something cool out. Then the next series in the game of thrones universe will come out and you will get some cool new characters
Walking Dead Super Fan, collector of random sets, Harry Potter, Star Wars, horror, Disney, and a few other here and there. Funko Funclub member. Have luckily attended Fundays, collecting since early 2000’s.

sneakmode

Postby sneakmode » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:53 pm

I'm not super excited over the Throne ones, would rather see other characters made tbh.

SchoolBoyQ

Postby SchoolBoyQ » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:27 am

Question is will we get more once the season is over? Or will Funko move on to the crossover show HBO is planning
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:39 am

Haven't seen any leaks yet!

Cristina
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby Cristina » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:55 am

SchoolBoyQ wrote:Question is will we get more once the season is over? Or will Funko move on to the crossover show HBO is planning

I'm sure it depends on what happens in the last season, but I'm hoping for at least a few "spoilery" pops after the season ends. Plus, Funko makes plenty of items for shows that are no longer on the air/old movies. So, I doubt that GoT Funko Pops will end with the show. (At least I hope not!)
Cristina

2014 Spirit Award!

2017fanatic

Postby 2017fanatic » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:01 am

rexflexall wrote:Haven't seen any leaks yet!

I saw a leak online of what could potentially be the releases, but it had almost every main character "on the iron throne"...I hope this was a curveball because there shouldn't be so many variants made imo. it should just be one main character on the throne (or maybe 2??) if the series ends how I think it may end
Funatic of all things Funko!!

Jalcmkzv87

Postby Jalcmkzv87 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:07 am

I cannot wait for these
My name is John. Aka JLO Collectibles.
#TeamOoohhhNooooo
I’m just a full time working dad trying to live my best life with my family while collecting Funko pops/protos and pins.
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

yanban

Postby yanban » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:51 am

2017fanatic wrote:

I saw a leak online of what could potentially be the releases, but it had almost every main character "on the iron throne"...I hope this was a curveball because there shouldn't be so many variants made imo. it should just be one main character on the throne (or maybe 2??) if the series ends how I think it may end

That is so unfortunate. Not a great way to end the series. I wonder what sdcc might bring for got, though

2017fanatic

Postby 2017fanatic » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:08 am

yanban wrote:
2017fanatic wrote:

That is so unfortunate. Not a great way to end the series. I wonder what sdcc might bring for got, though

are you one of the lucky ones to get a ticket to SDCC this year? I was fortunate enough too and hoping the same...50th SDCC anniversary + GOT ending = really have high hopes HBO and GOT cast have something spectacular planned and hope Funko also brings the targaryen fire!

karvinzed

Postby karvinzed » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:19 am

Hmmm maybe even a Conan pop come to think of it

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:06 pm

2017fanatic wrote:
yanban wrote:
2017fanatic wrote:

are you one of the lucky ones to get a ticket to SDCC this year? I was fortunate enough too and hoping the same...50th SDCC anniversary + GOT ending = really have high hopes HBO and GOT cast have something spectacular planned and hope Funko also brings the targaryen fire!

Thanks for making me feel worse about not getting ticket lol jk There is def going to be an SDCC funko exclusive or two

willbfree

Postby willbfree » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:59 pm

2017fanatic wrote:I saw a leak online of what could potentially be the releases, but it had almost every main character "on the iron throne"...I hope this was a curveball because there shouldn't be so many variants made imo. it should just be one main character on the throne (or maybe 2??)...

It is kind of brilliant, actually. If released before the series ends, everyone will buy the person they want to win. Some will buy them all to be sure they end up with whoever wins.

And for all we know the Iron Throne and Westeros might be destroyed by Walkers and no one will end up on the throne at all.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:14 pm

willbfree wrote:
2017fanatic wrote:I saw a leak online of what could potentially be the releases, but it had almost every main character "on the iron throne"...I hope this was a curveball because there shouldn't be so many variants made imo. it should just be one main character on the throne (or maybe 2??)...

It is kind of brilliant, actually. If released before the series ends, everyone will buy the person they want to win. Some will buy them all to be sure they end up with whoever wins.

And for all we know the Iron Throne and Westeros might be destroyed by Walkers and no one will end up on the throne at all.

It is brilliant for funko but sucks for completionist

wsm10

Postby wsm10 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:18 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
willbfree wrote:

It is crappy for me, as I'm a completionist and LOATHE Cersei(which means Lena Headey has done a PHENOMENAL job with the character). I honestly would be shocked if the throne is still a thing at the end of the show. I think that each region will be its own area. Luckily, I only have a little bit longer to be proven wrong! :D

2017fanatic

Postby 2017fanatic » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:34 pm

wsm10 wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
willbfree wrote:

It is crappy for me, as I'm a completionist and LOATHE Cersei(which means Lena Headey has done a PHENOMENAL job with the character). I honestly would be shocked if the throne is still a thing at the end of the show. I think that each region will be its own area. Luckily, I only have a little bit longer to be proven wrong! :D

Wow thats a new theory! I like it! I like all theories really lol, gets you thinking and what's great about the show! can't wait for April!

yanban

Postby yanban » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:38 pm

2017fanatic wrote:
yanban wrote:
2017fanatic wrote:

We did get tickets for SDCC - very excited. GOT has to have a huge presence - we cannot wait!

yanban

Postby yanban » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:39 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
2017fanatic wrote:
yanban wrote:That is so unfortunate. Not a great way to end the series. I wonder what sdcc might bring for got, though

Thanks for making me feel worse about not getting ticket lol jk There is def going to be an SDCC funko exclusive or two

Oh - sorry. Should have read further before responding.

Jtpeter65

Postby Jtpeter65 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:12 pm

I'm excited about these.

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:47 pm

SchoolBoyQ wrote:Question is will we get more once the season is over? Or will Funko move on to the crossover show HBO is planning

What cross over should will that be if you don’t mind me asking?
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

r2d2

Postby r2d2 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:33 pm

lavery01 wrote:

What cross over should will that be if you don’t mind me asking?

More like a spin-off. It's the show not called "The Long Night"

willbfree

Postby willbfree » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:23 pm

That’s So 3-Eyed Raven.

Womp womp.

yanban

Postby yanban » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:33 pm

willbfree wrote:That’s So 3-Eyed Raven.

Womp womp.

Ha ha

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:40 am

2017fanatic wrote:
wsm10 wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:

Wow thats a new theory! I like it! I like all theories really lol, gets you thinking and what's great about the show! can't wait for April!

Is it April yet

Cristina
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby Cristina » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:18 pm

Here they are!!!

Cristina

2014 Spirit Award!

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:42 pm

Awesome reveal...can't wait!!

Joesandwich123

Postby Joesandwich123 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:55 pm

Wonder if the characters can be removed from the throne
Will Funko make Earthbound pops before Nintendo releases Mother 3?

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:59 pm

Joesandwich123 wrote:Wonder if the characters can be removed from the throne

Since it's a Pop Deluxe I think the answer is no. Daenerys on the Dragonstone Throne is not removable.
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

SchoolBoyQ

Postby SchoolBoyQ » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:10 pm

Gonna be interesting comparing Iron Thrones with the NYCC one
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

JuzUK79

Postby JuzUK79 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:26 pm

I have nearly every single GOT pop so far apart from a few that are out of reach. And I try to snap up any new ones as soon as they come out.....

.... but I’m drawing the line at those throne pops. I’m excited to see new pops but won’t be buying these.
I would much much rather see an obscure character or two. (Like Septa Unella or Thoros for example)

I have by the way pre-ordered the Walker on horse pop ride. That is amazing!!!

nightlife206

Postby nightlife206 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:41 pm

JuzUK79 wrote:I have nearly every single GOT pop so far apart from a few that are out of reach. And I try to snap up any new ones as soon as they come out.....

.... but I’m drawing the line at those throne pops. I’m excited to see new pops but won’t be buying these.
I would much much rather see an obscure character or two. (Like Septa Unella or Thoros for example)

That walker on the horse is pretty awesome!

2017fanatic

Postby 2017fanatic » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:21 pm

nightlife206 wrote:
JuzUK79 wrote:I have nearly every single GOT pop so far apart from a few that are out of reach. And I try to snap up any new ones as soon as they come out.....

That walker on the horse is pretty awesome!

I'm liking the walker on horse too and the pop pens! haha, now to buy all the available characters on the throne or wait it out for the true queen! (hint IMO ha)

Jtpeter65

Postby Jtpeter65 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:29 pm

The new white walker pop ride coming is awesome!

Return to “Pop!”