What POP! do you think Funko should VAULT?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
PopPChulo

Re: What POP! do you think Funko should VAULT?

Postby PopPChulo » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:35 pm

Joesandwich123 wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:To be honest; I'd like to see them Vault the Marvel move release POP! each year. Personally I think its about time fo the Black Panther Funko POP! to vault.

Definitely agree with this

to me it would just make more sense - we KNOW there is going to be more marvel movies, more products, more licenses, more POP! coming out. Just vault them like a year after each one of the Marvel films come out and keep it pushing. This way it will keep the new hotness on the shelves and true fans of each marvel movie that comes out that get the POP! because the movie really resonates with them will get a collectors treat.
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

nyel24

Postby nyel24 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:50 pm

Jennyboooh wrote:
Raypunz wrote:I want funko to vault everything at my Walgreens, so people buy em up and they can refresh the shelves with something different. Too many Shawn Michaels and gwenpool at my regular Walgreens,

our local one doesn't ever restock the same star wars ones still sitting collecting dust

LOL. The same with my store.

Jennyboooh

Postby Jennyboooh » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:31 am

nyel24 wrote:
Jennyboooh wrote:
Raypunz wrote:I want funko to vault everything at my Walgreens, so people buy em up and they can refresh the shelves with something different. Too many Shawn Michaels and gwenpool at my regular Walgreens,

our local one doesn't ever restock the same star wars ones still sitting collecting dust

LOL. The same with my store.

definitely sucks ](*,)
:freddy1:

TenTwoSix

Postby TenTwoSix » Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:28 am

PopPChulo wrote:
TenTwoSix wrote:Snoke. Seen them at Target for so long

Man I've seen 1800 Snokes in my life time and he wasn't even that dope of a character. Be Gone Snoke!

I know right lol
Hi, I'm Jerry!

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:07 pm

The FNAF pops would be my vote. lol
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

TenTwoSix

Postby TenTwoSix » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:08 pm

lavery01 wrote:The FNAF pops would be my vote. lol

Is that still popular these days? I remember the hype when those pops first came out
Hi, I'm Jerry!

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:11 pm

TenTwoSix wrote:

Is that still popular these days? I remember the hype when those pops first came out

I don’t think so, but I’m not sure. :-k
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

Joesandwich123

Postby Joesandwich123 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:29 pm

TenTwoSix wrote:

I remember the game being pretty fun when it first came out only for it to slowly die with every new release

Surprised with how the franchise is still alive now
Will Funko make Earthbound pops before Nintendo releases Mother 3?

Vader92

Postby Vader92 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:55 am

christmas spongebob and patrick, we need the new to come out already.
IG https://www.instagram.com/popthat818/
Pop count: 202
ISO: overwatch prototypes
OOB Sith pop collector

Chase Variant
Location: The wild, wild west, a state that's untouchable like Elliot Ness

Postby Chase Variant » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:38 am

PopPChulo wrote:
Joesandwich123 wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:To be honest; I'd like to see them Vault the Marvel move release POP! each year. Personally I think its about time fo the Black Panther Funko POP! to vault.

to me it would just make more sense - we KNOW there is going to be more marvel movies, more products, more licenses, more POP! coming out. Just vault them like a year after each one of the Marvel films come out and keep it pushing. This way it will keep the new hotness on the shelves and true fans of each marvel movie that comes out that get the POP! because the movie really resonates with them will get a collectors treat.

So much MCU product is ordered that it’s pretty irrelevant whether it’s vaulted or not. People in this thread seem to think vaulting things make them magically disappear off the shelves. That’s not how it works.

kamakaziunicorn

Postby kamakaziunicorn » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:03 am

The 2 girls from Rick and Morty... they are haunting the shelves at my local walmart, got marked down to $4 each and still are sotting there
Matt - Proud Member of The KY Funko League of Awesomeness
Currently collecting all Anime Dorbz and Pops :freddy3:
Image Image

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:28 pm

Chase Variant wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
Joesandwich123 wrote:

So much MCU product is ordered that it’s pretty irrelevant whether it’s vaulted or not. People in this thread seem to think vaulting things make them magically disappear off the shelves. That’s not how it works.

Magically no.. but it will prevent it from being restocked and restocked and restocked to the point where every time you go to the store its 5 marvel pops to 1 of any other license.
PopPChulo

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:31 pm

Vader92 wrote:christmas spongebob and patrick, we need the new to come out already.

This one seems like a given - given the fact that it is no longer Christmas .. there shouldn't be anymore Christmas pops being sent to the stores lol
PopPChulo

Chase Variant
Location: The wild, wild west, a state that's untouchable like Elliot Ness

Postby Chase Variant » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:43 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
Chase Variant wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

Magically no.. but it will prevent it from being restocked and restocked and restocked to the point where every time you go to the store its 5 marvel pops to 1 of any other license.

Not really. Is it really an issue that stores are ordering new production of old MCU stock from Funko a year later? Those Pops you see on the shelves are from the initial orders or were already in the supply chain.

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:47 pm

Chase Variant wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
Chase Variant wrote:

Not really. Is it really an issue that stores are ordering new production of old MCU stock from Funko a year later? Those Pops you see on the shelves are from the initial orders or were already in the supply chain.

Where is this info from?
PopPChulo

RBK

Postby RBK » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:21 am

PopPChulo wrote:Hey,

What Funko POP! do you think that it is time for Funko to VAULT?

What have you seen on your local stores shelves or are you ready for a new wave of ? Sound off below!

All of the commons I own :)

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:14 pm

Can we vault those infinity war chromes.. ?
PopPChulo

Darth73

Postby Darth73 » Tue May 07, 2019 3:58 am

Im not saying this because the series is coming to an end but so many Game of Thrones pops are 5-6 years old.

Maybe in 2 weeks they will vault all of them LOL

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Tue May 07, 2019 4:21 am

I’m curious if giving pops “editions” would change collecting? Some would want 1st editions and some wouldn’t care. But it would definitely be different.

I also know pops have time stamps when they come off the production lines but not a real official “edition” title.
Jorge, here! Instagram: toys.r.us.kid
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023 | "Making Fun" Hollywood Premier | Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Fright Night II 2022 | Mask - O - Raid 2022 | FDO9 Sacramento | Funkon I & II

Tilter

Postby Tilter » Tue May 07, 2019 7:18 pm

Five Nights at Freddy!

My local Toys R Us is filled with them. someone take them away!
ImageImageImage

MacKazoo

Postby MacKazoo » Tue May 07, 2019 11:14 pm

Tilter wrote:Five Nights at Freddy!

I am still surprised that Funko is still making FNAF pops, I thought everyone lost interest in the game
Just your average Muppet fan who loves Pops.
Funko Wish List: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/poppriceguide/users/muppetspot

El_PANDA

Postby El_PANDA » Wed May 08, 2019 1:45 am

PopPChulo wrote:
Xenomorph wrote:
Classier wrote:It doesn’t make a difference to me if any pop is vaulted or not.

Same, I don't think I've ever paid attention to that list. If I want something I get it, if I didn't want it makes no difference to me if it sits on a shelf!

I think Vaulting is healthy because it makes way for Funko to focus on new molds and new lines to put on the shelves. I'm sure if a line is in production - thats one spot that is being taken for something new to hit the shelves. :freddy2: :freddy2: :freddy2:

For sure doesn't make a difference if something is vaulted or not because if I like it I'll get it either way but I still think that vaulting is necessary because it does allow for new lines to be made and put on shelves
ImageImageImageImage

MacKazoo

Postby MacKazoo » Wed May 08, 2019 8:18 am

Pops that have been on the shelves more than a year and not moving. Like the Doug and Nickelodeon pops for example
Funko Wish List: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/poppriceguide/users/muppetspot

volsspongebob

Postby volsspongebob » Wed May 08, 2019 8:51 am

Tilter wrote:Five Nights at Freddy!

I feel that way about Fortnite and Walmart around my neck of the woods.
Love to Collect the 80s stuff. Also chasing the OG Rocky Set. First Funko Purchase was 2012 SDCC.

MISSING FUNDAYS ON A DAILY BASIS!!

[size=85]Image

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Wed May 08, 2019 9:27 am

MacKazoo wrote:Pops that have been on the shelves more than a year and not moving. Like the Doug and Nickelodeon pops for example

Exactly ! Make room for some new stuff and curve some of the older stuff thats still filling up shelves.
PopPChulo

MacKazoo

Postby MacKazoo » Wed May 08, 2019 9:48 am

PopPChulo wrote:
MacKazoo wrote:Pops that have been on the shelves more than a year and not moving. Like the Doug and Nickelodeon pops for example

Exactly ! Make room for some new stuff and curve some of the older stuff thats still filling up shelves.

I hate seeing pops from 2016 & 2017 still on store shelves.

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Wed May 08, 2019 9:51 am

MacKazoo wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

Yeah, its crazy to see pops from that long ago on the shelves considering how much new content Funko drops on a monthly basis.
PopPChulo

MrSmileyFace

Postby MrSmileyFace » Wed May 08, 2019 10:19 am

I never really paid attention if a pop is “vaulted” or not until the hype or discussion about the MHA Tenya being vaulted which resulted in the rise in value because of it.

People point out that since the GITD All Might from Funimation isn’t vaulted so still has a chance to be restocked.

I think exclusive pops with LE numbers should automatically be vaulted and those that have stickers saying “40th anniversary Star Wars” or “25th anniversary “ since it’s supposedly out for a specific year and event
- Ray
Instagram: grail_collector
Funko funatic Rookie of the Year nominee 2019

ImageImage

millone

Postby millone » Wed May 08, 2019 10:22 am

PopPChulo wrote:Can we vault those infinity war chromes.. ?

Yes please. Does anyone know how hot topic sells all those pops that sit in the back middle of their huge walls? I have to assume 70 percent of the pops just sit there?

MacKazoo

Postby MacKazoo » Wed May 08, 2019 10:26 am

PopPChulo wrote:
MacKazoo wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

Yeah, its crazy to see pops from that long ago on the shelves considering how much new content Funko drops on a monthly basis.

I like the way Gamestop has where they release older pops along with newer pops each month

Stu

Postby Stu » Wed May 08, 2019 10:36 am

With many pops that are shelf warming, it is not that more stock is being made and ordered and put on the shelf, just that the ones you see are not selling. The vast majority of Pops! are vaulted at some point, it is just that the stock does not sell and stores can't or won't clearance the items out.
My name is Aaron...Many call me Stu...it is a long story.

ISO: Skeletor and Panthor Dorbz ride.

matrixman9

Postby matrixman9 » Wed May 08, 2019 10:43 am

kamakaziunicorn wrote:The 2 girls from Rick and Morty... they are haunting the shelves at my local walmart, got marked down to $4 each and still are sotting there

Mine still has those also

Mags

Postby Mags » Wed May 08, 2019 9:54 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
MacKazoo wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

My Walmart still has a ton of Minecraft pops. I don't think they've gotten any new pops since early 2017.

MacKazoo

Postby MacKazoo » Wed May 08, 2019 10:30 pm

Mags wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
MacKazoo wrote:I hate seeing pops from 2016 & 2017 still on store shelves.

My Walmart still has a ton of Minecraft pops. I don't think they've gotten any new pops since early 2017.

See my point exactly

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Thu May 09, 2019 12:32 am

Mags wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
MacKazoo wrote:I hate seeing pops from 2016 & 2017 still on store shelves.

They should vault them. One because that will make people scavenge and clear the shelf for more and two because quite frankly seeing the same product sit for two years is mundane lol
PopPChulo

nerdgirlcustoms

Postby nerdgirlcustoms » Thu May 09, 2019 12:47 am

TenTwoSix wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
TenTwoSix wrote:Snoke. Seen them at Target for so long

Man I've seen 1800 Snokes in my life time and he wasn't even that dope of a character. Be Gone Snoke!

I know right lol

Literally the only thing ever at my Target. Well, sometimes you'll get some random pop from a new set, but only the one that's been beat to death and stomped on lol

MacKazoo

Postby MacKazoo » Thu May 09, 2019 1:09 am

PopPChulo wrote:
Mags wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

They should vault them. One because that will make people scavenge and clear the shelf for more and two because quite frankly seeing the same product sit for two years is mundane lol

Plus it gives people sleeping on them time to buy them before they go away

BestDadEver

Postby BestDadEver » Thu May 09, 2019 1:37 am

GOT Night King is gone so I think this one or all of NK should be vaulted.
Image Image

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:57 pm

Funko can go head and vault those runaways pops already lol.
PopPChulo

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:52 pm

I guess we'!ll only know in a year of 2 if vaulting has a similar effect then before. Run editions used to be lower and I think minimum run count for a new mould is along the lines of 30k or so. That being said, I'm not complaining because it's easier for me to get what I want now without resorting to ebay! \:D/
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Pop!”