What POP! do you think Funko should VAULT?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Ms_CcBabeyy

Re: What POP! do you think Funko should VAULT?

Postby Ms_CcBabeyy » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:48 pm

Idk if I mind when a pop gets vaulted or not, or worrying about it, but I do wish we had a heads up of what's vaulted recently lol

Jalcmkzv87

Postby Jalcmkzv87 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:31 pm

imbatgirlpop wrote:I don’t think they should vault anything, but I guess the slow sellers like ready player one LOL.

Lol
My name is John. Aka JLO Collectibles.
#TeamOoohhhNooooo
I’m just a full time working dad trying to live my best life with my family while collecting Funko pops/protos and pins.
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

Cephus

Postby Cephus » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:53 pm

jagpop wrote:I think they should do the opposite and take everything out of the vault. That would give us a chance at some of the older molds.

They were vaulted in the first place because they didn't sell.

wash2366

Postby wash2366 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:38 pm

theoneupper02 wrote:They should vault one punch man pops ahead of the new season.

Already did. Lol
Name: David / Pop count: 733 / Vynals: 4/ Dorbz: 10 / Soda: 4 / Mystery Minis: 12
Collection: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/po ... s/wash2366

ImageImageImage

MacKazoo

Postby MacKazoo » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:55 pm

I think Funko should vault the Doug pops because, they’re everywhere.
Just your average Muppet fan who loves Pops.
Funko Wish List: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/poppriceguide/users/muppetspot

Kenjutsu763

Postby Kenjutsu763 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:30 am

Can they vault molds so we can get different poses? If so, I would say Batman, Vegeta, and basically anything that's beene chromed through every color on the spectrum.
"You're overwhelmed. Freeze was underwhelmed. Why isn't anyone ever just whelmed?"- Dick Grayson, Young Justice 1x01

Collection: Ask, and I'll send a link ;)
ISO: Monk Tang(Gold)
Signature from soliquenl https://soliquenl.deviantart.com/

Mags

Postby Mags » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:40 pm

Kenjutsu763 wrote:Can they vault molds so we can get different poses? If so, I would say Batman, Vegeta, and basically anything that's beene chromed through every color on the spectrum.

So Batman and Vegeta? lol

At least the new releases of Batman and Vegeta are getting some new poses. Vegeta's in his "ready" stance and Batman's got some variation now.
Also hey I hit 500 posts \:D/

MacKazoo

Postby MacKazoo » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:05 pm

I think the older Batman that’s supposed to be based the Keaton version got a new remold.
Funko Wish List: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/poppriceguide/users/muppetspot

alexcavallo

Postby alexcavallo » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:59 pm

Anyone have any idea why they don’t label something as “vaulted” when they know there’s no chance of them ever making it again? Off the top of my head I can’t think of an Ad Icon (and I could be/probably am wrong) that has been vaulted.

On that note: Big Boy #24 and Twinkies really need to be vaulted!

Kenjutsu763

Postby Kenjutsu763 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:23 am

Mags wrote:
Kenjutsu763 wrote:Can they vault molds so we can get different poses? If so, I would say Batman, Vegeta, and basically anything that's beene chromed through every color on the spectrum.

So Batman and Vegeta? lol

At least the new releases of Batman and Vegeta are getting some new poses. Vegeta's in his "ready" stance and Batman's got some variation now.
Also hey I hit 500 posts \:D/

Maybe Micky too. Thanos got a lot too.
"You're overwhelmed. Freeze was underwhelmed. Why isn't anyone ever just whelmed?"- Dick Grayson, Young Justice 1x01

Collection: Ask, and I'll send a link ;)
ISO: Monk Tang(Gold)
Signature from soliquenl https://soliquenl.deviantart.com/

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:15 pm

alexcavallo wrote:Anyone have any idea why they don’t label something as “vaulted” when they know there’s no chance of them ever making it again? Off the top of my head I can’t think of an Ad Icon (and I could be/probably am wrong) that has been vaulted.

On that note: Big Boy #24 and Twinkies really need to be vaulted!

Twinkie definitely needs to get vaulted. I don't want to see any more Twinkies lol Ever.
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

DFWFunkoHunter

Postby DFWFunkoHunter » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:22 pm

Mrs_funko_junkie wrote:I think they should vault all pops after being produced for one year.

I agree! if not 1 year at least all pops 2 years and older.

Joesandwich123

Postby Joesandwich123 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:39 pm

tgltuz wrote:
Mrs_funko_junkie wrote:I think they should vault all pops after being produced for one year.

I agree! if not 1 year at least all pops 2 years and older.

Really wish that Funko's vault patterns were more consistent :(
Will Funko make Earthbound pops before Nintendo releases Mother 3?

Popsonpopsonpops_

Postby Popsonpopsonpops_ » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:36 am

Vaulting patterns are really random for sure. One can never estimate when a pop is getting vaulted. It’s always a surprise lol

Jeffvela710

Postby Jeffvela710 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:45 am

They should start vaulting Dragon Ball z pops already they have already been out for a long time.

Jennyboooh

Postby Jennyboooh » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:26 am

Ms_CcBabeyy wrote:Idk if I mind when a pop gets vaulted or not, or worrying about it, but I do wish we had a heads up of what's vaulted recently lol

that would be nice :D
:freddy1:

Raypunz

Postby Raypunz » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:35 am

I want funko to vault everything at my Walgreens, so people buy em up and they can refresh the shelves with something different. Too many Shawn Michaels and gwenpool at my regular Walgreens,

ISO:Michael Jordan Dribbling Proto! Run DMC urban vinyl production pieces. Also need, color benny the bull
proto.

Hi I'm Ray.

Jennyboooh

Postby Jennyboooh » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:48 am

Raypunz wrote:I want funko to vault everything at my Walgreens, so people buy em up and they can refresh the shelves with something different. Too many Shawn Michaels and gwenpool at my regular Walgreens,

our local one doesn't ever restock the same star wars ones still sitting collecting dust

deetran24

Postby deetran24 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:07 am

Maybe some of the Pennywise pops.
Lakers|Pops|Lakers :freddy3:
Fundays: 2018|2019
Favorite Sets: The Office|F.R.I.E.N.D.S.|Saved By The Bell|GOT|

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:23 pm

theoneupper02 wrote:They should vault one punch man pops ahead of the new season.

I can't help but think this happened.
PopPChulo

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:24 pm

Jeffvela710 wrote:They should start vaulting Dragon Ball z pops already they have already been out for a long time.

I definitely agree with this - They have had these pops outstanding for what seems like centuries. I think the FIRST wave of dragon ball pops should definitely be vaulted to make way for the rest of the Dragonball POPS that are on dee way!
PopPChulo

brooklyn_geek

Postby brooklyn_geek » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:24 pm

Jennyboooh wrote:
Raypunz wrote:I want funko to vault everything at my Walgreens, so people buy em up and they can refresh the shelves with something different. Too many Shawn Michaels and gwenpool at my regular Walgreens,

our local one doesn't ever restock the same star wars ones still sitting collecting dust

They only restock when someone buys the ones already sitting there ;-)

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:33 pm

brooklyn_geek wrote:
Jennyboooh wrote:

I liked the person who made the original suggestion that Funko should vault Funko POP! every two years - I mean they can always make additional molds of older funko POP! - no need to keep them in production. It will be a treat of for the members of the Fandom to have something that is technically "hard to get" and it would give the opportunity for newer collectors to collect a diff mold and seek out the older ones if they are a hard core fan.
PopPChulo

Raypunz

Postby Raypunz » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:02 pm

brooklyn_geek wrote:
Jennyboooh wrote:

Lol exactly , that’s why they need to get Vaulted so the speculators can go speculate

ISO:Michael Jordan Dribbling Proto! Run DMC urban vinyl production pieces. Also need, color benny the bull
proto.

Hi I'm Ray.

Jennyboooh

Postby Jennyboooh » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:27 am

brooklyn_geek wrote:
Jennyboooh wrote:

I should buy them and let them restock haha

Funko_boy13

Postby Funko_boy13 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:53 am

Bob Ross should be vaulted

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:56 am

imbatgirlpop wrote:I don’t think they should vault anything, but I guess the slow sellers like ready player one LOL.

I'm right there with you. I wish they would take stuff our of the vault and re-release that mold again as opposed to releasing new molds of the same character.

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

MacKazoo

Postby MacKazoo » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:39 am

If it’s from 2010 to 2015, they should vault it. Especially with the newer remolds.

brooklyn_geek

Postby brooklyn_geek » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:29 am

Jennyboooh wrote:
brooklyn_geek wrote:
Jennyboooh wrote:our local one doesn't ever restock the same star wars ones still sitting collecting dust

I should buy them and let them restock haha

I have actually done that lol

brooklyn_geek

Postby brooklyn_geek » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:35 am

Each of the molds costs tens of thousands of dollars in production costs for Funko. Sometimes a piece doesn't sell well...sometimes they only have a certain time to produce product for a particular license...the vaulting isn't a random thing.

Jennyboooh

Postby Jennyboooh » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:36 am

brooklyn_geek wrote:Each of the molds costs tens of thousands of dollars in production costs for Funko. Sometimes a piece doesn't sell well...sometimes they only have a certain time to produce product for a particular license...the vaulting isn't a random thing.

So there is a method to the madness huh

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:42 am

jagpop wrote:

I'm right there with you. I wish they would take stuff our of the vault and re-release that mold again as opposed to releasing new molds of the same character.

On the opposite side here, I'd rather them not rerelease, and if they do, use new molds. Rereleases cheapen all pops across the board. Imagine if they started mass producing prototypes. Sure everyone could get one, but would lose what makes them special in the process. Exclusivity, and scarcity are how this community was built. If you take that away, well, we know those results from comic books, and other collectibles.

Vaulting is good as it forces Funko to be creative. Realistically with all the licenses, they dont need to unvault as they have plenty of pops to make.

Can we get a They Live set please?

Stu

Postby Stu » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:19 am

So, what I think a lot of people are mistaking here is that vaulting a certain pop does not necessarily mean that the stock at the store will decrease just because the POP is vaulted. Your store will still have the same stock that isn't selling, it just means that they may not get any more of the stock that is not selling.
My name is Aaron...Many call me Stu...it is a long story.

ISO: Skeletor and Panthor Dorbz ride.

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:40 am

Goose!! LOL

brooklyn_geek

Postby brooklyn_geek » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:02 pm

Jennyboooh wrote:
brooklyn_geek wrote:Each of the molds costs tens of thousands of dollars in production costs for Funko. Sometimes a piece doesn't sell well...sometimes they only have a certain time to produce product for a particular license...the vaulting isn't a random thing.

Absolutely. Also typically when the pops get "vaulted" they destroy the molds so everyone who worries about them re-releasing, it's very rare...I think aside from the few Star Wars ones they unvaulted a few years ago, we can only name a handful of pops they actually started producing again.

Jennyboooh

Postby Jennyboooh » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:55 am

brooklyn_geek wrote:
Jennyboooh wrote:

Absolutely. Also typically when the pops get "vaulted" they destroy the molds so everyone who worries about them re-releasing, it's very rare...I think aside from the few Star Wars ones they unvaulted a few years ago, we can only name a handful of pops they actually started producing again.

oooh I didn't think they go that far that's crazy

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:00 pm

To be honest; I'd like to see them Vault the Marvel move release POP! each year. Personally I think its about time fo the Black Panther Funko POP! to vault.
PopPChulo

Joesandwich123

Postby Joesandwich123 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:46 pm

PopPChulo wrote:To be honest; I'd like to see them Vault the Marvel move release POP! each year. Personally I think its about time fo the Black Panther Funko POP! to vault.

Definitely agree with this
Will Funko make Earthbound pops before Nintendo releases Mother 3?

TenTwoSix

Postby TenTwoSix » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:06 pm

Snoke. Seen them at Target for so long
Hi, I'm Jerry!

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:34 pm

TenTwoSix wrote:Snoke. Seen them at Target for so long

Man I've seen 1800 Snokes in my life time and he wasn't even that dope of a character. Be Gone Snoke!
PopPChulo

Return to “Pop!”