More X-MEN Pop!s please!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Hirokus_bane

Re: Why X-Men fans get (hardly) no love?

Postby Hirokus_bane » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:37 am

Spartacus wrote:
I need these in my life!

I'm new to the Funko world so please forgive my ignorance. :D

I think you have some great points. We need some of these pops. NEIGH we need all of these pops. I would welcome comic / cartoon versions of the xmen from the early 90s. Grew up on them and yet Marvel pops seem to barely touch on Xmen.

I dont think its licence releared because we have a bunch of wolverine, and deadpool (and I'm good with all of those) but the Xmen universe is so large and so many great pop potentials exist in it.

Most of the ones I have seen were from a few years ago and seem sparse

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:42 am

Still want a Gambit/Rogue 2 pack!!

Hirokus_bane

Postby Hirokus_bane » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:46 am

some of these may exist but I want them to make:
Mystic
Morph
Nightcrawler
Jubilee
Gambit
Rouge
Iceman
Kitty Pride
Sabertooth ( although I think they made him )
Pyro
Apocalypse
Omega Red
Psylocke
And I'm sure there are more.

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Re: Why X-Men fans get no love?

Postby supertoygiant » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:51 am

SHAZAMCHAMPAGNE wrote:They just did a marvel collector corps box with Angel and Dark phoenix. They are coming out with Dark Phoenix for the movie coming out later just released at new york Toy Fair. i'm sure more characters will come out for the movie too.

I sure hope you are correct. We need more than one pop from this movie.
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

Mantheharp00n

Postby Mantheharp00n » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:53 am

X-men is such a missed opportunity. Still one day hoping to get an omega red pop.

My name is G.

ISO: my first proto.

ryanc_

Postby ryanc_ » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:42 pm

i'm sure with the disney thing happening we'll be getting a lot more x-men pops, which is great

Mantheharp00n

Postby Mantheharp00n » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:08 pm

ryanc_ wrote:i'm sure with the disney thing happening we'll be getting a lot more x-men pops, which is great

One can only hope.

My name is G.

FunkoFresh253

Postby FunkoFresh253 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:11 pm

give me the rest of the uncanny xforce! or just fantomex, ill have to custom paint the others to go with my wolvy and deadpool
Team Goonies! Team Pop Protectors! Team Lumberjacks!Image

islander671

Postby islander671 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:30 pm

I am going to guess that with the Fox merger that more pops will be soon available. I think the delay was more so due to the licensing.
ImageImageImage

jigsaw

Postby jigsaw » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:31 pm

after this potentially bad phoneix movie... who knows lol
SOME PEOPLE ARE SO UNGRATEFUL TO BE ALIVE.... BUT NOT YOU.... NOT ANYMORE.
ImageImage

IG: @Jigsaws_movie_room

Image ImageImage
ImageImage

BadEugoogolizer

Postby BadEugoogolizer » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:44 pm

Marvel wants to push their own studio's characters. Same reason we haven't seen more Fantastic Four characters. They even cancelled Fantastic Four comics around the time of the reboot movie because it was close to coming back to Marvel and they were p***. They wanted that movie to flop hard so they could get the film rights back and do it properly, so they basically annihilated them from any licensing.

I'm certain that once Marvel Studios gets the film rights for the X-Men & FF, then we'll see Pops of those characters.
Or did you think I'd be too stupid to know what a eugoogoly was?

Mantheharp00n

Postby Mantheharp00n » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:01 pm

jigsaw wrote:after this potentially bad phoneix movie... who knows lol

I can only imagine the horrors in that box.

My name is G.

Nooklin

Postby Nooklin » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:25 pm

Definitely no love for the X-Men, but Alpha Flight really gets the short end of the stick!!

Menicus

Postby Menicus » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:17 pm

On a tangent... maybe now that Marvel (Disney) owns the rights to the mutants, Squirrel Girl can become a mutant again... or is that one too many retcons? ;)
Edward

Instagram: @capmin

Menicus

Postby Menicus » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:18 pm

Nooklin wrote:Definitely no love for the X-Men, but Alpha Flight really gets the short end of the stick!!

Is that a Puck reference? ;)
Edward

Instagram: @capmin

jigsaw

Postby jigsaw » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:04 am

Mantheharp00n wrote:

hahahahahaha
SOME PEOPLE ARE SO UNGRATEFUL TO BE ALIVE.... BUT NOT YOU.... NOT ANYMORE.
ImageImage

IG: @Jigsaws_movie_room

Image ImageImage
ImageImage

Mantheharp00n

Postby Mantheharp00n » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:25 am

jigsaw wrote:
Mantheharp00n wrote:

hahahahahaha

I see a Phoenix mug and some stickers in the near future.

My name is G.

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:38 am

A lot of people talk about the movies when Fox owned them and the potential for future X-Men pops based on Disney/Marvel movies, but I've got to say I don't really care for MCU pops overall. There are a few here and there that I'll get because you just can't deny they look good, but for me, personally, I'm all about comic versions. I like to get as many X-Men pops as I can afford, but if they start pumping them out like crazy like they do with Avengers, I'll have to stop. As long as Funko keeps releasing classic comic looks of characters though, especially X-Men, I'm going to get what I can, depending on funds of course, haha.

Also, pssst….still waiting impatiently for classic 90s looks of...Nightcrawler, Bishop, Gambit, Rogue, Jubilee, Forge, Mister Sinister, Blob, Apocalypse, Omega Red, Pyro, Firestar, Toad, Mojo, Dazzler, Cannonball, Shatterstar, Warpath, Thunderbird, Boom Boom, Alpha Flight, Captain Britain, Havok, Polaris, Banshee, Siryn, Stryfe, Birdy, Wolverine Patch, Wolverine Four Horseman, Savage Wolverine, Sunspot, Blink, Darwin, Morph, Daken, Multiple Man, Black Tom Cassidy, Callisto, full size Lockheed, Scarlett Witch, Magik, Silver Samurai, Onslaught, Silver Fox, Wraith, Maverick, Rachel Summers and Wolfsbane...to name a few. lol
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 716ish
Dorbz: 34
Mystery Minis: 33
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

pberickp

Postby pberickp » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:29 pm

Jezter wrote:A lot of people talk about the movies when Fox owned them and the potential for future X-Men pops based on Disney/Marvel movies, but I've got to say I don't really care for MCU pops overall. There are a few here and there that I'll get because you just can't deny they look good, but for me, personally, I'm all about comic versions. I like to get as many X-Men pops as I can afford, but if they start pumping them out like crazy like they do with Avengers, I'll have to stop. As long as Funko keeps releasing classic comic looks of characters though, especially X-Men, I'm going to get what I can, depending on funds of course, haha.

Also, pssst….still waiting impatiently for classic 90s looks of...Nightcrawler, Bishop, Gambit, Rogue, Jubilee, Forge, Mister Sinister, Blob, Apocalypse, Omega Red, Pyro, Firestar, Toad, Mojo, Dazzler, Cannonball, Shatterstar, Warpath, Thunderbird, Boom Boom, Alpha Flight, Captain Britain, Havok, Polaris, Banshee, Siryn, Stryfe, Birdy, Wolverine Patch, Wolverine Four Horseman, Savage Wolverine, Sunspot, Blink, Darwin, Morph, Daken, Multiple Man, Black Tom Cassidy, Callisto, full size Lockheed, Scarlett Witch, Magik, Silver Samurai, Onslaught, Silver Fox, Wraith, Maverick, Rachel Summers and Wolfsbane...to name a few. lol

You forgot longshot

I agree that I love the look of the classic comic POP!’s, but I do appreciate a good MCU POP! as well. Those movies came out over several years so they were not released all at once. More in bite sized portions. If we get one x-men movie every couple years I think it could be manageable.
Hi, my name is Erick. I live in San Diego and I love Spastik Plastik.
ISO: Luther (glow), metallic green Sam, Pulpos from SDCC Funko Supermarket, & any T-Bone other than blue and red.
SDCC 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
ImageImage

funkepops

Postby funkepops » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:35 pm

Gambit and rogue two pack please!!!!!
Image Image Image

Follow me on IG: http://www.instagram.com/funkepops
ISO: Regular Tony the Tiger, OG ad icons pops

WarHmongHer

Postby WarHmongHer » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:27 am

Funko, When you do decide to make them. Please dont drop a wave of 15 at once. Help me save my wallet a little bit. Lol

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:47 am

WarHmongHer wrote:Funko, When you do decide to make them. Please dont drop a wave of 15 at once. Help me save my wallet a little bit. Lol

Speak for yourself! Just kidding, that would be crazy, especially if a bunch were exclusives and harder to get. Thankfully we are getting some new ones soon, the original first class group at least.

That said, still dying to add these to my collection.
Nightcrawler, Bishop, Rogue, Gambit, Forge, Omega Red, Apocalypse, Longshot, Mister Sinister, Havok, Sunspot, Warpath, Thunderbird, Cannonball, Boom Boom, Jubilee, Toad, Blob, Pyro, Firestar, Morph, Darwin, Patch Wolverine, Mojo, Terror Inc, Blink, Polaris, Daken, Birdy, Maverick, Wraith, Puck, Alpha Flight and well, all the mutants... :D

Pops!- 716ish

RichCo

Postby RichCo » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:00 am

I want a glow-in-the-dark Mr Sinister and Gambit SO BAD. Mr Sinister is one of my favorite overlooked villains, and I really hope we get to see him come to the MCU.
Attended
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Funkon 2021
NYCC Fright Night 2022
Camp Fundays

Proud Funatic since 2012!
:freddy2:

Image Image Image Image

MrSmileyFace

Postby MrSmileyFace » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:22 am

Jezter wrote:
WarHmongHer wrote:Funko, When you do decide to make them. Please dont drop a wave of 15 at once. Help me save my wallet a little bit. Lol

Speak for yourself! Just kidding, that would be crazy, especially if a bunch were exclusives and harder to get. Thankfully we are getting some new ones soon, the original first class group at least.

Nightcrawler, Bishop, Rogue, Gambit, Forge, Omega Red, Apocalypse, Longshot, Mister Sinister, Havok, Sunspot, Warpath, Thunderbird, Cannonball, Boom Boom, Jubilee, Toad, Blob, Pyro, Firestar, Morph, Darwin, Patch Wolverine, Mojo, Terror Inc, Blink, Polaris, Daken, Birdy, Maverick, Wraith, Puck, Alpha Flight and well, all the mutants... :D

That list is pretty good. I’d be happy with Nightcrawler , Rogue, Gambit, Warpath, Toad, Blob and Mister Sinister...ones I recall fondly from the cartoon and comics. I stopped reading comics long ago so can’t recall some on your list lol
- Ray
Instagram: grail_collector
Funko funatic Rookie of the Year nominee 2019

ImageImage

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:36 am

MrSmileyFace wrote:
Jezter wrote:

That list is pretty good. I’d be happy with Nightcrawler , Rogue, Gambit, Warpath, Toad, Blob and Mister Sinister...ones I recall fondly from the cartoon and comics. I stopped reading comics long ago so can’t recall some on your list lol

I haven't collected seriously since the 90s, but I remember a lot of them fondly. I was huge into Wolverine, X-Men, X-Force and all of the other mutant titles back then.
I was reading too many though and instead of cutting back on titles I quit cold turkey with everything, which I regret to this day. :blush:

Pops!- 716ish

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:42 am

Not true. I’m happy with what Funko has put out so far ;-)
Image Image
ImageImage

MrSmileyFace

Postby MrSmileyFace » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:04 am

Jezter wrote:
MrSmileyFace wrote:
Jezter wrote:

I haven't collected seriously since the 90s, but I remember a lot of them fondly. I was huge into Wolverine, X-Men, X-Force and all of the other mutant titles back then.
I was reading too many though and instead of cutting back on titles I quit cold turkey with everything, which I regret to this day. :blush:

Same! I found my box of comics and I read mainly X-Men, Amazong Spiderman and had a lot of #1 first issues (like New Mutants) etc that didn’t blow up in value lol
- Ray
Instagram: grail_collector
Funko funatic Rookie of the Year nominee 2019

ImageImage

AnimalX

Postby AnimalX » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:12 am

love the original X-Men they put out recently

supenman

Postby supenman » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:35 am

I echo all those who say Gambit. I don't collect many marvel ones, mainly Spidey and Venom, but Gambit is a must have for me.
SDCC
• 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020ish, 2021ish, 2022, 2023

Funko Fundays
• 2015 - 2021: Failed
• 2022: Failed, yet I was lucky enough to attend as a +1!
• 2023: First year I was successful!!!!

https://www.instagram.com/supenman/

Rickakatuna

Postby Rickakatuna » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:07 pm

AnimalX wrote:love the original X-Men they put out recently

Yeah they look great. Almost like them better then the first set that was released
Hi Im Ricky
Im into Anime, Marvel, Dc, Disney, Fantastik Plastik, Rick & Morty, Freddy funko and Ad Icons
Pops:700+
Dorbz:30+
Been collecting since 2014
ISO: Dragon Ball Protos and my hero academia

Cchavez77

Postby Cchavez77 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:08 pm

Does funko no have the Xmen movie license now that Disney and fox merged?
Funko Hollywood Grand opening
Funko Fundays 18-19
Sdcc 07-08, 18-19

PhoenixForce

Postby PhoenixForce » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:10 pm

I agree with all of you that we NEED Rogue & Gambit. Surprisingly we have Archangel, 70s Angel and now First Appearance Angel ... I do love the new First Appearance pops!!

Hi, I'm JASON!
You can follow me on Instagram: @jpg_rising or on Twitter: @jpg_rising
I also have an Instagram just for my Funko Photography: @PhoenixForcePhotos
I've been collecting since 2013: It started with Marvel and quickly became a collection of, a little bit of everything in between!

Chase Variant
Location: The wild, wild west, a state that's untouchable like Elliot Ness

Postby Chase Variant » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:07 pm

Cchavez77 wrote:Does funko no have the Xmen movie license now that Disney and fox merged?

What X-Men movie license? I think Marvel stopped OKing X-Men movie toys around X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

Chase Variant
Location: The wild, wild west, a state that's untouchable like Elliot Ness

Postby Chase Variant » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:09 pm

PhoenixForce wrote:I agree with all of you that we NEED Rogue & Gambit. Surprisingly we have Archangel, 70s Angel and now First Appearance Angel ... I do love the new First Appearance pops!!

I love that Ice Man, but we need an actual First Appearance Ice Man with the boots and the snowman-like appearance.

PhoenixForce

Postby PhoenixForce » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:47 pm

Chase Variant wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:I agree with all of you that we NEED Rogue & Gambit. Surprisingly we have Archangel, 70s Angel and now First Appearance Angel ... I do love the new First Appearance pops!!

I love that Ice Man, but we need an actual First Appearance Ice Man with the boots and the snowman-like appearance.

Totally agree! Give us the snow-man!!

Hi, I'm JASON!
You can follow me on Instagram: @jpg_rising or on Twitter: @jpg_rising
I also have an Instagram just for my Funko Photography: @PhoenixForcePhotos
I've been collecting since 2013: It started with Marvel and quickly became a collection of, a little bit of everything in between!

renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby renardchua » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:52 pm

Cchavez77 wrote:Does funko no have the Xmen movie license now that Disney and fox merged?

Yep, I sure hope so! :D
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

Skatervic23

Postby Skatervic23 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:17 pm

Spartacus wrote:Here comes yet another Thor Pop and we still haven't seen a Gambit or Rogue or Jubilee and the list goes on and on. And we've seen this time and time again with countless other Marvel characters. Thor has over 10 versions. I'm happy for his fans lol but what about the rest of us? DC fans get new Pop!s every month it seems!

Why haven't we seen for example an updated white costume Storm or a classic black costume Storm? Mr. Sinister, Omega Red, Magneto, Nightcrawler, Mystique, updated Wolverine, Polaris... I could go on and on.

Does it come down to licensing? Why (for example) would it be a struggle to get license to do another version of Archangel when they've already had permission to create him? Why would Marvel say yes to a Storm, Psylocke and Phoenix Pop, yet say no to Gambit or Omega Red?

I need these in my life!

I'm new to the Funko world so please forgive my ignorance. :D

Wow I like that’s pops!! ❤️

Spartacus

Postby Spartacus » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:22 am

Lawd the news I just heard! :cheers:

pberickp

Postby pberickp » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:05 am

I don’t care if it’s years from now in the next wave, but I really hope the MCU does an epic multi-film X-Men saga which brings new life into the franchise. I still have not seen the most recent movie. The Apocalypse film was so bad. They are my favorite characters but it’s been downhill for a minute now. The new comics are really good, but they had been so bad for so long and it did not seem like Marvel really cared (if they even noticed).
Hi, my name is Erick. I live in San Diego and I love Spastik Plastik.
ISO: Luther (glow), metallic green Sam, Pulpos from SDCC Funko Supermarket, & any T-Bone other than blue and red.
SDCC 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
ImageImage

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:51 pm

pberickp wrote:I don’t care if it’s years from now in the next wave, but I really hope the MCU does an epic multi-film X-Men saga which brings new life into the franchise. I still have not seen the most recent movie. The Apocalypse film was so bad. They are my favorite characters but it’s been downhill for a minute now. The new comics are really good, but they had been so bad for so long and it did not seem like Marvel really cared (if they even noticed).

I think when marvel starts to explore the X-men - They are going to knock it out the park. I mean these are extremely iconic characters and I can see that when Marvel grabs the reigns; it may have as much of a impact as the Avengers did if done right. It all comes down to having the right vision to interlace with what is already there and existing. I think that marvel has a really good idea of telling a bigger story. You may not see the bigger picture when you originally are watching each film but then it all ties together as later films surface.

as far as Funko POP!

GIMME A GITD GAMBIT AND NIGHTCRAWLER PUHLEEZ these are my two favorite characters!
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

Return to “Pop!”