More X-MEN Pop!s please!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
funko_gtx91

Re: Why X-Men fans get (hardly) no love?

Postby funko_gtx91 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:10 pm

GusGus wrote:
Dbactor wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
I’m absolutely in agreement with you. Toad is definitely a sleeper and people are passing in favor of more commercialized pops but I have a feeling that the hardcore audience of gambit fans are going to be all that’s lift and it def will be a sleeper hit that ends up on Serlentpops Pops on the rise series

The Toad pop is great, the character on a whole is a little bit of a sleeper, so I think you guys are right that people will kind of gloss and then fight over later

I’d love them to do the janitor Toad from the Jean Grey Academy as a variant!

That would be awesome to see who knows maybe in the near future

Dbactor

Postby Dbactor » Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:05 pm

GusGus wrote:
Dbactor wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
I’m absolutely in agreement with you. Toad is definitely a sleeper and people are passing in favor of more commercialized pops but I have a feeling that the hardcore audience of gambit fans are going to be all that’s lift and it def will be a sleeper hit that ends up on Serlentpops Pops on the rise series

The Toad pop is great, the character on a whole is a little bit of a sleeper, so I think you guys are right that people will kind of gloss and then fight over later

I’m not familiar, I’ll have to check it out!

GusGus

Postby GusGus » Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:38 pm

Dbactor wrote:
GusGus wrote:
Dbactor wrote:

It’s great. When Wolverine started the Jean Grey School, Toad was their much over worked janitor!

Dbactor

Postby Dbactor » Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:08 pm

GusGus wrote:
Dbactor wrote:
GusGus wrote:

It’s great. When Wolverine started the Jean Grey School, Toad was their much over worked janitor!

I’ll look it up-sound sounds like a little Wolverine hazing haha

PaleRiderOfDoom

Postby PaleRiderOfDoom » Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:53 pm

Katers wrote:
PaleRiderOfDoom wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
He was because there’s too many Gambits coming out all at once. I only want the EE GITD EX.

Understandable. Given the choice, I would rather have a GITD one too.

I was really surprised that EE was given the GITD Gambit, rather than flipping who got which pop for ECCC. I would've made perfect sense to me for GITD Gambit to be the con exclusive. But happy either way with all the Gambit molds!

Yeah...I thought that was odd too. But oh well! Win for sure.
ImageImageImageImage
Patrick from Central KY - Admin for The Kentucky Funko League of Awesomeness
Proto wants: Fallout keychains and Vynls, Dr. Doom (Pops or Minis)

Spartacus

Postby Spartacus » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:54 pm

Katers wrote:
Spartacus wrote:
Katers wrote:
Anyone else think this link should be in the first post of each page of this thread? lol

Thanks for posting the link!

I do and you're welcome! :D

lol was that link part of your signature the whole time, and I'm just noticing it now?? YEESH!

Yup. lol

heymrosario wrote:
Spartacus wrote:
BulletproofMarsh wrote:Yes so many characters and poses!!! Maybe Funko can hear us fans!!!!

You can submit suggestions directly to Funko here: https://www.funko.com/suggest-a-product

:freddy3:

Love that you included the link. Very helpful! Thank you! \:D/

You're welcome. :freddy3:

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:26 am

PopPChulo wrote:
Katers wrote:
PaleRiderOfDoom wrote:Understandable. Given the choice, I would rather have a GITD one too.

I was really surprised that EE was given the GITD Gambit, rather than flipping who got which pop for ECCC. I would've made perfect sense to me for GITD Gambit to be the con exclusive. But happy either way with all the Gambit molds!

I think you are absolutely accurate when it comes to this. Gambit GITD is definitely the much more desirable variant and the other Gambits really don’t hold a candle to it. I don’t know who made that decision but I always feel like the most hype molds should be con exclusives. In my opinion we really only needed like 2 gambits and the niche would have been met.

I wonder if they're being kind by not making the (arguably) more desirable pop a con exclusive? If he was con exclusive, he's so much harder to get, especially with Gambit being a shared Walgreens!

I'll just be happy when I have my chosen Gambit in hand. Seems like it's been forever since these were announced.
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:29 am

DrunkoPop wrote:
Katers wrote:
PaleRiderOfDoom wrote:Understandable. Given the choice, I would rather have a GITD one too.

If that had happened, his value would have been extremely high and perhaps quite difficult to get.

Exactly my thinking on this, and why I'm glad, even while I'm surprised. Looking forward to my GITD Gambit soon(ish)!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:31 am

PaleRiderOfDoom wrote:
Katers wrote:

Well, truthfully I think we were winning as soon as they started announcing new X-Men pops! \:D/
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:32 am

Spartacus wrote:
Katers wrote:
Spartacus wrote:I do and you're welcome! :D

lol was that link part of your signature the whole time, and I'm just noticing it now?? YEESH!

Yup. lol

Well don't I feel super on top of things right now! lol
Image ImageImage Image

ccampbell_20

Postby ccampbell_20 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:41 am

Looking forward to all the Gambit Pop Vinyls coming this year, especially Gambit with cards Glow!

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:09 am

Katers wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
Katers wrote:

If that had happened, his value would have been extremely high and perhaps quite difficult to get.

Exactly my thinking on this, and why I'm glad, even while I'm surprised. Looking forward to my GITD Gambit soon(ish)!

Oh believe me, I’m on your side of the fence. I was looking forward to Gambit for the longest time. GITD makes it worth the wait. :cheers:
Image Image
ImageImage

buried_by_pops

Postby buried_by_pops » Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:21 pm

Any news on the Hot Topic Rogue yet? Hot Topic has been doing a lot of pre-orders lately, so I'm surprised they didn't do the same with this one.

PaleRiderOfDoom

Postby PaleRiderOfDoom » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:51 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:
Katers wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

Oh believe me, I’m on your side of the fence. I was looking forward to Gambit for the longest time. GITD makes it worth the wait. :cheers:

Darn right.
ImageImageImageImage

Killua916

Postby Killua916 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:52 pm

Katers wrote:
Killua916 wrote:
Katers wrote:
I've mostly gotten over it, but every now and then if it's a con exclusive, it freaks me out! The sacrifices we make for the things we love!

I had it today when I got my kurama. I got scared to open it lol

With all the fabulous pops we're getting lately, it's going to be very hard to keep them in box. The details on them, and especially the GITD accents, are going to just CALL to me to open the boxes!

Congrats on your success with Kurama!

Thank you thank you i bought two just to take one out lolol

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:38 am

DrunkoPop wrote:
Katers wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

It really does. Glad they're not all GITD or I'd have a serious problem on my hands - no space!! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:39 am

Killua916 wrote:
Katers wrote:
Killua916 wrote:
I had it today when I got my kurama. I got scared to open it lol

With all the fabulous pops we're getting lately, it's going to be very hard to keep them in box. The details on them, and especially the GITD accents, are going to just CALL to me to open the boxes!

I really should do that with my Gambit and Rogue. I'm going to WANT them out of the box!
Image ImageImage Image

Dbactor

Postby Dbactor » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:49 am

One of my favorite toys growing up was the blackbird, I’d love for pop to make a ride to scale with the figures, so you Could actually fit them inside.

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:24 am

Dbactor wrote:One of my favorite toys growing up was the blackbird, I’d love for pop to make a ride to scale with the figures, so you Could actually fit them inside.

Wow, that would be awesome, and SO massive, lol

Also extremely expensive, and where would you put the thing? Haha!!
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 716ish
Dorbz: 34
Mystery Minis: 33
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:51 am

Katers wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
Katers wrote:

It really does. Glad they're not all GITD or I'd have a serious problem on my hands - no space!! lol

Let’s not even get into the conversation of space with me lol
Image Image
ImageImage

millone

Postby millone » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:50 am

Jezter wrote:
Dbactor wrote:One of my favorite toys growing up was the blackbird, I’d love for pop to make a ride to scale with the figures, so you Could actually fit them inside.

Wow. What an idea. They should make one at the hq or hollywood and see how many people come and put their pops in it.

Dbactor

Postby Dbactor » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:43 pm

Jezter wrote:

It would be large lol maybe not to scale per se, just big enough for them to fit. Still large, but not too outrageous.

Dbactor

Postby Dbactor » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:44 pm

millone wrote:
Jezter wrote:

Wow. What an idea. They should make one at the hq or hollywood and see how many people come and put their pops in it.

Maybe they can rotate some of the MCU stuff out when those characters aren’t as popular, and add some classics

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:14 am

DrunkoPop wrote:
Katers wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

If they want to give us more flying X-men, I may start going OOB and hanging them from the ceiling! Double whammy of awesome display and saving some space! We'll see if it happens though, my display ideas are greater in my head!
Image ImageImage Image

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:36 am

Katers wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
Katers wrote:

I think you are absolutely accurate when it comes to this. Gambit GITD is definitely the much more desirable variant and the other Gambits really don’t hold a candle to it. I don’t know who made that decision but I always feel like the most hype molds should be con exclusives. In my opinion we really only needed like 2 gambits and the niche would have been met.

I wonder if they're being kind by not making the (arguably) more desirable pop a con exclusive? If he was con exclusive, he's so much harder to get, especially with Gambit being a shared Walgreens!

I'll just be happy when I have my chosen Gambit in hand. Seems like it's been forever since these were announced.

Don’t get me wrong - I’m happy to have any gambit and in this case most likely the con stickered variant of gambit because I purchased from the funko shop. I think that in the past I kinda like how funko reserved alll the hypest molds for conventions though. It’s cool to have variants that are con exclusive but I felt like when the absolute hypest molds were part of the conventions / the community used to buzz a little bit harder but tbh I have no complaints because ever since NYCC last year funko has really been knocking it out the park
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:40 am

Katers wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
Katers wrote:

If they want to give us more flying X-men, I may start going OOB and hanging them from the ceiling! Double whammy of awesome display and saving some space! We'll see if it happens though, my display ideas are greater in my head!

Oh boy, I would love to see that lol
Image Image
ImageImage

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:12 pm

ECCC Gambit is so nice in person!

millone

Postby millone » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:14 pm

Dbactor wrote:
millone wrote:
Jezter wrote:

Maybe they can rotate some of the MCU stuff out when those characters aren’t as popular, and add some classics

This would be amazing. If they put it in hollywood on the waterfall it would be fantastic

Dbactor

Postby Dbactor » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:31 am

millone wrote:
Dbactor wrote:
millone wrote:Wow. What an idea. They should make one at the hq or hollywood and see how many people come and put their pops in it.

This would be amazing. If they put it in hollywood on the waterfall it would be fantastic

I think the Guardians area could be repurposed for like Cable/Bishop or DOFP type stuff. Maybe apocalypse or even magneto where thanos is

WarHmongHer

Postby WarHmongHer » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:23 am

Katers wrote:
PaleRiderOfDoom wrote:
Katers wrote:

Well, truthfully I think we were winning as soon as they started announcing new X-Men pops! \:D/

Yes! Its felt like forever waiting for another X-Men. Super stoked that we got 3! Hopefully we will have more soon. Still so many characters in the X universe that we need.....well I need. Lol. But great job again funko. Keep up the great work.

rexflexall

Re: Why do X-Men fans get no love?

Postby rexflexall » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:27 am

ECCC Gambit is bomb!

millone

Postby millone » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:10 pm

Dbactor wrote:
millone wrote:
Dbactor wrote:

I think the Guardians area could be repurposed for like Cable/Bishop or DOFP type stuff. Maybe apocalypse or even magneto where thanos is

Magneto would be cool. A galactus would also be cool

Dbactor

Postby Dbactor » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:04 pm

millone wrote:
Dbactor wrote:
millone wrote:This would be amazing. If they put it in hollywood on the waterfall it would be fantastic

Magneto would be cool. A galactus would also be cool

I’m waiting for Galactus to hit the mainstream, I don’t think most people appreciate him.

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:07 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
Katers wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

Don’t get me wrong - I’m happy to have any gambit and in this case most likely the con stickered variant of gambit because I purchased from the funko shop. I think that in the past I kinda like how funko reserved alll the hypest molds for conventions though. It’s cool to have variants that are con exclusive but I felt like when the absolute hypest molds were part of the conventions / the community used to buzz a little bit harder but tbh I have no complaints because ever since NYCC last year funko has really been knocking it out the park

Totally get what you're saying here. It was just that much more exciting to pick up the COOLEST figure at the convention, or even to get it as a shared exclusive. Since my budget doesn't let me go to every con, I really appreciate the shared. I do get a little annoyed when they release an 'exclusive' and then come along and make a common that's cooler, to be honest. Kinda takes away from the special factor we had! (Looking at you, Endgame Captain America!!)
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:09 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:
Katers wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

Oh boy, I would love to see that lol

I've so far had one really good flying pop photo, and one spectacular fail, so we'll see what happens here! I'll share no matter what if I do it though, since we could probably all use a good laugh!
Image ImageImage Image

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:13 pm

Katers wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
Katers wrote:

Totally get what you're saying here. It was just that much more exciting to pick up the COOLEST figure at the convention, or even to get it as a shared exclusive. Since my budget doesn't let me go to every con, I really appreciate the shared. I do get a little annoyed when they release an 'exclusive' and then come along and make a common that's cooler, to be honest. Kinda takes away from the special factor we had! (Looking at you, Endgame Captain America!!)[/quote

And you have a COMPLETELY Sensible position being that you can’t physically be at the con you want the opportunity to get the exclusive and I think funko doing the shared pops and the con stickered pops on the shop has been an amazing and truly bold enhancement for the funko community. I really hope one day Funko will explore maybe hosting their very own convention to kinda fill those gaps in the year where there is no conventions. As far as that cool factor - I agree. I remember how exciting it was for us to see reveals and while it is STILL exciting to this day; it seems like back in the day you knew funko was going to come with the Ace up there sleeve for each convention. I feel like the quality of the exclusives have been improving since SDCC last year ( I wasn’t a fan of last years SDCC selection but I completely understand the type of hard core niche fan base that funko was targeting) I can only hope it will be an improved experience going into the future
PopPChulo

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:14 pm

WarHmongHer wrote:
Katers wrote:
PaleRiderOfDoom wrote:Yeah...I thought that was odd too. But oh well! Win for sure.

Yes! Its felt like forever waiting for another X-Men. Super stoked that we got 3! Hopefully we will have more soon. Still so many characters in the X universe that we need.....well I need. Lol. But great job again funko. Keep up the great work.

At this point, I need to go re-watch the 90's cartoon so I can remind myself which ones I want more than others!
Image ImageImage Image

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:30 pm

Katers wrote:
WarHmongHer wrote:
Katers wrote:

At this point, I need to go re-watch the 90's cartoon so I can remind myself which ones I want more than others!

I want my favorite X-men aka Nightcrawler
PopPChulo

PaleRiderOfDoom

Postby PaleRiderOfDoom » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:42 pm

WarHmongHer wrote:
Katers wrote:
PaleRiderOfDoom wrote:Yeah...I thought that was odd too. But oh well! Win for sure.

They keep looking better and better, that's for sure.
ImageImageImageImage

Killua916

Postby Killua916 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:55 am

Katers wrote:
Killua916 wrote:
Katers wrote:

I really should do that with my Gambit and Rogue. I'm going to WANT them out of the box!

Damn no love for the staff ver. I want to take the card off the GITD and custom it onto the staff gambit

Return to “Pop!”