More X-MEN Pop!s please!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
rontonsoup

Re: Why X-Men fans get (hardly) no love?

Postby rontonsoup » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:54 am

I’m so happy that Gambit and Rogue are coming out. Now all we need are the rest of the ones. Start with the ones from the 90s cartoons!
Collecting since 2014: "A couple that collects together, stays together."

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:41 am

Now that we have Gambit, and besides needing a ton of others, I hope we get the 90s version of Bishop, so he can get in Gambit's face and accuse of being a traitor. Just sayin'

:D
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 750ish
Dorbz: 35
Mystery Minis: 33
Sodas: 7
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

AvgPopGuy

Postby AvgPopGuy » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:05 am

Now if we could get Jubilee and a 6" or 10" Sentinel!! that would be Great!!
oh and Mr Sinister!!!
AvgPopGuy
:freddy1:

Mattyboy03

Postby Mattyboy03 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:33 am

So glad Rogue and Gambit are FINALLY getting made! They look so awesome! Now if we could only get Nightcrawler & Jubilee, and Dazzler in her Disco outfit, along with an exclusive of her in her Pryde of the X-Men/X-Men Arcade game outfit with the blue body suit and brown leather jacket with the headband!!! Yaaaassss!

Matt or Matt-Chew!

Instagram: Bigluciouz

Fundays 2013 - 2014 - 2015 - 2016 - 2018
Funko Fright Night II

Latest Grails I'm Looking For:

-18" Retro Freddy Skeletor - Color Freddy He-Man & Freddy Skeletor PoP! Protos - Elvira, All Black Pop! Proto

GettingSodas

Postby GettingSodas » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:55 am

2 down tons to go!
Been collecting Funko since 2015!

ISO: Marvel Comic Protos

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:28 am

I really hope we get some updated ones soon too. All of the new ones make the others look bad lol I really want an Astonishing Cyclops because that's one of my favorite suits of his. Plus I'd like to get my hands on a Beast Pop since I missed out on him. Other than that, I want a lot of new characters. My wishlist is long.

InternationalPopper

Postby InternationalPopper » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:33 am

rontonsoup wrote:I’m so happy that Gambit and Rogue are coming out. Now all we need are the rest of the ones. Start with the ones from the 90s cartoons!

Yes this is great news. Looks like the logjam has broken free =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
- InternationlPopper - :freddy2:

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:46 am

Gambit and Rogue so much want!

pberickp

Postby pberickp » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:19 pm

Really hope they get some more X-men POP!'s in the works now that Gambit and Rogue have been announced.
Hi, my name is Erick. I live in San Diego and I love Spastik Plastik.
ISO: Luther (glow), metallic green Sam, Pulpos from SDCC Funko Supermarket, & any T-Bone other than blue and red.
SDCC 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
ImageImage

anime23

Postby anime23 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:15 pm

But where is Jubilee!!?? Wronged in the movies, let's make up for it by giving her a pop :)
Would you believe I just found the signature block? My name is Kimberly check out my foodagram @imonehungrynerd or nerdy stuff @thenerdelement

Image Image

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:16 pm

It is SO GREAT to finally see Gambit and Rogue are coming out! Feels like I've wanted them forever!
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

chaostryder

Postby chaostryder » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:37 pm

Stoked for a Gambit pop! Maybe it'll generate some more hype for the character and that movie will keep getting made <_<;
:freddy2:

Current ISO: Toucan Sam!

Past Events:
- Funko Fundays 2017, Funko HQ Grand Opening, Funko Fundays 2018

Cristina
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby Cristina » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:48 pm

Gambit & Rogue look amazing. My husband has been wanting those two for YEARS.
Cristina

2014 Spirit Award!

JJLecaros

Postby JJLecaros » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:05 pm

Funko_boy13 wrote:
JJLecaros wrote:gambit and rogue please thats all ive ever wanted.

I’m still shocked that Funko hasn’t done a Gambit yet considering how it’s been talked about and asked for forever now.

well now we can't complain lol

JJLecaros

Postby JJLecaros » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:05 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
JJLecaros wrote:
VinnieVinyl wrote:
It's surprising that they still haven't made those two into POP!s yet. I'd want Gambit to be in a throw pose with his cards.

yup maybe glow in the dark.

I really have been campaigning for a glow in the dark variant for gambit because it just seems appropriate - I’m sure funko has gambit in the pipeline he is easily one of the most popular mutants

prayers have been answered lol

JJLecaros

Postby JJLecaros » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:06 pm

Killua916 wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
JJLecaros wrote:yup maybe glow in the dark.

I really have been campaigning for a glow in the dark variant for gambit because it just seems appropriate - I’m sure funko has gambit in the pipeline he is easily one of the most popular mutants

Damn your wish just came true at London toy fair reveal. He looks so good!

yup I wish we had gotten 2 different gambits just like we have 2 different rogues. one holding cards the other throwing.

buried_by_pops

Postby buried_by_pops » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:17 pm

I pre-ordered the GitD Gambit, but now I am wondering if the regular one will be better. Funky has really upped their game on translucent parts lately, but it seems like the process of making them GitD is still about covering them in that gritty paint. I really noticed this on the Ben Hargreeves from Umbrella Academy. On the common, his "tentacles" are a crystal clear blue, but on the GitD, they are cloudy. Still not sure which one I like better, even though I bought the GitD exclusive just in case it sold out. I'm worried that this same effect will obscure the cards Gambit is throwing.

Funko_boy13

Postby Funko_boy13 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:14 pm

JJLecaros wrote:
Funko_boy13 wrote:

I’m still shocked that Funko hasn’t done a Gambit yet considering how it’s been talked about and asked for forever now.

That’s for sure. Super happy with the outcome of Gambit and can’t wait to have it in hand.

rontonsoup

Postby rontonsoup » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:10 am

InternationalPopper wrote:
rontonsoup wrote:I’m so happy that Gambit and Rogue are coming out. Now all we need are the rest of the ones. Start with the ones from the 90s cartoons!

Yes this is great news. Looks like the logjam has broken free =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

I feel like the Disney Fox merger had a lot to do with it. Since Disney and Funko have a good relationship, maybe making the Pops made it easier?
Collecting since 2014: "A couple that collects together, stays together."

tlaloc666

Postby tlaloc666 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:28 am

Glad that we finally have gambit and rogue !!
Kyko here !!

Tik tok : @kyko_tj
Tijuana The Happiest Place on Earth !!

Funko events attended
Fundays 2015
Fundays 2016
Funko Fright Night
Fundays 2017
Premiere Making Fun
Fundays 2018
Fundays 2019
HQ Hollywood Opening 2019
ECCC VIrtual Con 2020
Summer Virtual Con 2020
Funkon 2021
Fundays 2021
Funko Fright Night 2 NYC 2022

Chase Variant
Location: The wild, wild west, a state that's untouchable like Elliot Ness

Postby Chase Variant » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:16 am

I'm glad they didn't do Gambit and Rogue as a two-pack as had been rumored. I won't have to get Gambit to get Rogue. :D

Chase Variant

Postby Chase Variant » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:19 am

rontonsoup wrote:

I feel like the Disney Fox merger had a lot to do with it. Since Disney and Funko have a good relationship, maybe making the Pops made it easier?

A lot? It was everything. The lack of FF and X-Men merch was because Marvel was trying to pressure Fox into selling those rights back.

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:29 am

Chase Variant wrote:
rontonsoup wrote:

A lot? It was everything. The lack of FF and X-Men merch was because Marvel was trying to pressure Fox into selling those rights back.

My only fear now is when a new X-Men movie is made, the amount of pops that may come out, like the Avengers pops. Ugh. I just want 90s versions of the pops, but I don't know if I'll be able to resist movie versions if they are good. 8-[
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 750ish
Dorbz: 35
Mystery Minis: 33
Sodas: 7
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:00 pm

Chase Variant wrote:
rontonsoup wrote:

It has nothing to do with the merger as that's Marvel Studios. This is Marvel IP as in the comic books, look and feel.
ImageImageImageImage

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:09 pm

FunkOCD wrote:
It has nothing to do with the merger as that's Marvel Studios. This is Marvel IP as in the comic books, look and feel.

not true friend, Disney were being giant babies and not only refusing to promote but flat out destroying X-Men, Fantastic Four and the other Fox-Movie franchises within the comic world and all but refusing to allow the majority of the characters to be made in most any form of merch because they "didn't want to promote another studios movies" even if it meant killing some of their most popular and important comic characters. Sadly Deadpool in all his annoying blandness seemed the only character immune to this fate :rolleyes:

it is no coincidence that we didn't get the FF and were getting very little X-Men until after the Fox acquisition.

lrdavis28

Postby lrdavis28 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:42 pm

super excited for these,grabbed multiples, now i just need a jubilee and then they can start on the rest of the 90s series,and now im humming the theme song
call me LD

Chase Variant

Postby Chase Variant » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:49 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:

not true friend, Disney were being giant babies and not only refusing to promote but flat out destroying X-Men, Fantastic Four and the other Fox-Movie franchises within the comic world and all but refusing to allow the majority of the characters to be made in most any form of merch because they "didn't want to promote another studios movies" even if it meant killing some of their most popular and important comic characters. Sadly Deadpool in all his annoying blandness seemed the only character immune to this fate :rolleyes:

it is no coincidence that we didn't get the FF and were getting very little X-Men until after the Fox acquisition.

It wasn’t even really Disney proper, but Marvel Entertainment under Ike Perlmutter. It’s been restructured recently so that Kevin Feige is in charge of creative and story content at Marvel Entertainment.

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:23 am

Chase Variant wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:

It wasn’t even really Disney proper, but Marvel Entertainment under Ike Perlmutter. It’s been restructured recently so that Kevin Feige is in charge of creative and story content at Marvel Entertainment.

What you said Chase and not the made up by fans excuse.
ImageImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:24 am

Flampsy wrote:
Katers wrote:
Flampsy wrote::hello1: :hello1: I'm so SO excited we finally get Rogue and Gambit!!! I've been wanting these two for years

So glad to see this announcement today...! Such perfect molds for them, too! Honestly, Gambit had to have a GITD version, and Rogue 100% had to be flying...!

I was actually telling someone else this earlier, now that I've seen the designs, I don't mind having had to wait this long because they're so detailed and so perfect. Comparing some of my earlier pops to my newer versions of them, the newer ones are more detailed. I'm so happy with how these turned out!!

Now that I've got my preorder for Gambit in, I looked more closely at the pop - you're right, the details on this are amazing! Just what they did with his cards alone would've made this pop worth it, but for it also to be GITD? Can't wait for these!
Image ImageImage Image

fbingha

Postby fbingha » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:47 am

I will probably buy Rogue but I have disliked Gambit from the moment he first appeared in Uncanny X-Men #266.

Flampsy

Postby Flampsy » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:47 am

Katers wrote:
Flampsy wrote:
Katers wrote:
So glad to see this announcement today...! Such perfect molds for them, too! Honestly, Gambit had to have a GITD version, and Rogue 100% had to be flying...!

I was actually telling someone else this earlier, now that I've seen the designs, I don't mind having had to wait this long because they're so detailed and so perfect. Comparing some of my earlier pops to my newer versions of them, the newer ones are more detailed. I'm so happy with how these turned out!!

Now that I've got my preorder for Gambit in, I looked more closely at the pop - you're right, the details on this are amazing! Just what they did with his cards alone would've made this pop worth it, but for it also to be GITD? Can't wait for these!

I love how they did his powers, how you can still see the cards through them, and of course the glow is an awesome bonus!

Now we need a release date for flying Rogue so I can be ready! I've been a bit absent minded lately about when certain pops drop and I want to put it in my phone's calendar to remind me this time
Fundays 2017, 2022, 2023
San Diego Comic Con 2007-2019, 2022-2024
Wonder Con 2012-2019

philipali

Postby philipali » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:36 am

Finally some Gambit and Rogue love... Honestly those are the only Pops i really want to get on this line... with the exception of the sentinels
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

Marvelfanatic86

Postby Marvelfanatic86 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:41 am

Say it louder for the people in the back !! I totally agree !! Very happy gambit and rogue are finally coming out !
▪️Funko Collector circa 2014
▪️Pop Count 2000+
▪️Comic Con Enthusiast
▪️NYCC - 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021,2022
▪️SDCC - 2019, 2022, 2023
▪️Fundays - 2019, 2022, 2023

GettingSodas

Postby GettingSodas » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:32 pm

philipali wrote:Finally some Gambit and Rogue love... Honestly those are the only Pops i really want to get on this line... with the exception of the sentinels

Yes! I hope they make a 10 inch Sentinel!!!
Been collecting Funko since 2015!

ISO: Marvel Comic Protos

daOCHO

Postby daOCHO » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:43 pm

Awesome to see Gambit & Rogue announced. Now I have to place my preorder for the GITD variation of Gambit

Twitter: @CCM8
Instagram: casey_aka_daocho

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:50 pm

JJLecaros wrote:
Killua916 wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

Damn your wish just came true at London toy fair reveal. He looks so good!

yup I wish we had gotten 2 different gambits just like we have 2 different rogues. one holding cards the other throwing.

There is still a chance. Remember that there is ECCC and SDCC as well as NYCC coming up this year - these all present opportunities for variants
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:59 pm

Killua916 wrote:
Flampsy wrote:
Katers wrote:

Ugh. I have friends that collected way earlier than me. I get that their fans of the simple molds but you can’t deny that they did justice with these new ones. So much love put into it

The details on the pops just get better and better as we go! I'm glad they've gotten to this point, where we have so many beautifully done figures!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:06 pm

JJLecaros wrote:
Funko_boy13 wrote:

lol , no, now we just move on to complaining about the next character we need!

I vote: Nightcrawler!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:08 pm

Chase Variant wrote:I'm glad they didn't do Gambit and Rogue as a two-pack as had been rumored. I won't have to get Gambit to get Rogue. :D

I initially only wanted Rogue as well, but when I saw how cool Gambit was, I caved and bought him too. I'm glad they're separate packaging though, I think a 2-pack wouldn't have been nearly as nice looking!
Image ImageImage Image

heymrosario
SCCA 2023
SCCA 2023

Postby heymrosario » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:14 pm

Showing some love for the X-Men pops \:D/

Hey there, I'm Marc! (•◡•)
Collector since '14 • Photographer • Designer
Follow me on Instagram: @heymrosario

Return to “Pop!”