More X-MEN Pop!s please!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
CaliCollectibles
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Re: Why X-Men fans get (hardly) no love?

Postby CaliCollectibles » Sat May 04, 2019 10:35 pm

nerdgirlcustoms wrote:
CaliCollectibles wrote:Yes! 90s X-men still need Jean Grey, Nightcrawler, Gambit, and Rogue! So many awesome X-men characters, would love to see the Blob, Pyro, 6"Sentinels, Bishop, Omega Red, and Mr. Sinister.

Here's hoping that with the merger, Disney starts letting some of these come out...

Fingers crossed!!
Hi, I'm L.J. :spiderman: US Navy Veteran

Proto ISO: US Navy Sailor (Dress Whites), Inspector Gadget, Romeo (Romeo & Juliet).

Instagram/Twitter/YouTube: CaliCollectibles
https://www.instagram.com/calicollectibles

CaliCollectibles
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby CaliCollectibles » Sat May 04, 2019 10:35 pm

clutch09 wrote:
nerdgirlcustoms wrote:
clutch09 wrote:Rogue and Gambit have been my friends wants for YEARS. curious why we haven't had them yet. oh, and jubilee too!!

Rogue and Gambit are the ones I'm dying for, too. Even named one of my dogs Gambit!

nice!!! that's a great name for a dog!!

haha awesome name!
Hi, I'm L.J. :spiderman: US Navy Veteran

Proto ISO: US Navy Sailor (Dress Whites), Inspector Gadget, Romeo (Romeo & Juliet).

Instagram/Twitter/YouTube: CaliCollectibles
https://www.instagram.com/calicollectibles

FerrisGuy3

Postby FerrisGuy3 » Sun May 05, 2019 12:08 am

CaliCollectibles wrote:
nerdgirlcustoms wrote:
CaliCollectibles wrote:Yes! 90s X-men still need Jean Grey, Nightcrawler, Gambit, and Rogue! So many awesome X-men characters, would love to see the Blob, Pyro, 6"Sentinels, Bishop, Omega Red, and Mr. Sinister.

Here's hoping that with the merger, Disney starts letting some of these come out...

Fingers crossed!!

Yes. Let’s hope some new characters like these are made. Would love to see these characters
Hi, I’m Tom. Michigan Based Funatic collecting since 2014

XSRK

Postby XSRK » Sun May 05, 2019 12:11 am

There’s so many versions of gambit that can be done. We need a pop with cards that light up!

MrSmileyFace

Re: Why X-Men fans get no love?

Postby MrSmileyFace » Sun May 05, 2019 12:14 am

StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:
Chase Variant wrote:
Spartacus wrote:Here comes yet another Thor Pop and we still haven't seen a Gambit or Rogue or Jubilee and the list goes on and on. And we've seen this time and time again with countless other Marvel characters. Thor has over 10 versions. I'm happy for his fans lol but what about the rest of us? DC fans get new Pop!s every month it seems!

Why haven't we seen for example an updated white costume Storm or a classic black costume Storm? Mr. Sinister, Omega Red, Magneto, Nightcrawler, Mystique, updated Wolverine, Polaris... I could go on and on.

Does it come down to licensing? Why (for example) would it be a struggle to get license to do another version of Archangel when they've already had permission to create him? Why would Marvel say yes to a Storm, Psylocke and Phoenix Pop, yet say no to Gambit or Omega Red?

I'm new to the Funko world so please forgive my ignorance. :D

For a number of years, Marvel was actively removing X-Men from merchandising (except for Deadpool, because they're not going to turn down Deadpool money) in an effort to pressure Fox into selling the X-Men movie rights back. There were no X-Men (or FF) in things like Marvel Disney Infinity, the X-Men were removed from t-shirts that reprinted famous covers, no X-Men or FF characters in the mobile games except for a couple that squeaked through, and so on. This was also the period where Marvel was trying to replace the X-Men with the Inhumans and characters like Daisy Johnson/Quake, who was previously a mutant, became an Inhuman.

Now that Disney is buying Fox, the embargo was lifted and everyone is playing catch up with the X-Men characters.

Thanks for the info, never thought about it before, but this makes so much sense

Wow, a very nice read and it seemed to work. If I may ask, is this from some article on the web? Or from insider trading news?

I grew up with X-Men comics, cartoons and even the movies, so more new Funko X-Men characters are welcomed with me
- Ray
Instagram: grail_collector
Funko funatic Rookie of the Year nominee 2019

ImageImage

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Mon May 06, 2019 7:48 am

Mr_Wilson wrote:X-Factor and Alpha Flight! Canada Fan Expo ezzzz

Not a bad idea at all to have Alpha Flight for the Canda Fan Expo. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

StarWarner
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby StarWarner » Tue May 07, 2019 7:20 pm

KidMarvel wrote:Gambit is easily my favourite X-men character so I'm holding out hope for his arrival to the Funko Pop world!!! GITD please :D

Yes! A Gambit Pop is long overdue. And Rogue. I actually have a cat named Gambit and I gave my mom a cat named Rogue. I've been waiting for those Pops for what seems like forever.
I'm Tiffany. Instagram & Twitter: @star_warner
ImageImage

ISO:
Queen in the North Pop proto
Sansa Stark Rock Candy proto
Maleficent Protos
Harley Rock Candy and PSH protos
Luna Lovegood Pop or Rock Candy protos

FunkoFresh253

Postby FunkoFresh253 » Tue May 07, 2019 9:39 pm

i pray for the future of xmen films. they were a childhood favorite comic and cartoon, and still prefer reading xmen related comics over any other marvel.
Team Goonies! Team Pop Protectors! Team Lumberjacks!Image

grandpa_stern

Postby grandpa_stern » Tue May 07, 2019 11:50 pm

MrSmileyFace wrote:
StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:
Chase Variant wrote:
For a number of years, Marvel was actively removing X-Men from merchandising (except for Deadpool, because they're not going to turn down Deadpool money) in an effort to pressure Fox into selling the X-Men movie rights back. There were no X-Men (or FF) in things like Marvel Disney Infinity, the X-Men were removed from t-shirts that reprinted famous covers, no X-Men or FF characters in the mobile games except for a couple that squeaked through, and so on. This was also the period where Marvel was trying to replace the X-Men with the Inhumans and characters like Daisy Johnson/Quake, who was previously a mutant, became an Inhuman.

Now that Disney is buying Fox, the embargo was lifted and everyone is playing catch up with the X-Men characters.

Thanks for the info, never thought about it before, but this makes so much sense

Wow, a very nice read and it seemed to work. If I may ask, is this from some article on the web? Or from insider trading news?

I grew up with X-Men comics, cartoons and even the movies, so more new Funko X-Men characters are welcomed with me

This was pretty much common knowledge for a lot of comic folks. A similar thing also happened with the Fantastic Four. They shut the comic down. Started taking them off Secret Wars shirts and stuff like that. It always made me sad.

It looks like Spider Man Far From Home gives a hint as to how they can merge things that haven't been around yet. I'm psyched.
I'm Josh

El_PANDA

Postby El_PANDA » Wed May 08, 2019 1:39 am

CaliCollectibles wrote:
nerdgirlcustoms wrote:

Fingers crossed!!

For sure hope that the merging of these two will allow more x-men pops to come out because this is an area that needs to be expanded.
ImageImageImageImage

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Wed May 08, 2019 7:57 am

Still waiting on a 10 inch Sentinel that lights up. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

buried_by_pops

Postby buried_by_pops » Wed May 08, 2019 9:37 am

I need a cool, acrobatically posed (like with the tail supporting from below) Nightcrawler with glow in the dark eyes and translucent/maybe glow in the dark tendrils of teleportation smoke.

GettingSodas

Postby GettingSodas » Wed May 08, 2019 9:38 am

buried_by_pops wrote:I need a cool, acrobatically posed (like with the tail supporting from below) Nightcrawler with glow in the dark eyes and translucent/maybe glow in the dark tendrils of teleportation smoke.

Yes please
Been collecting Funko since 2015!

ISO: Marvel Comic Protos

Kwiksilverpop

Postby Kwiksilverpop » Wed May 08, 2019 9:51 am

Rantt wrote:I'm cool for Funko to slowly come out other xmen pops.. Its been a fast and furious year for most of us!

So much has been coming out lol can’t keep up with production now!
Cons: Comikaze' 15, SDCC '16, NYCC '16, Blizzcon '16, ECCC '17, D23 '17, SDCC '17, Blizzcon '17, ECCC '18, SDCC' 18, NYCC '18, DCON '18, SDCC '19, NYCC' 21, SDCC '22
Events: Fundays '16, Fright Night '16, Fundays '17, HQ Grand Opening '17, Fundays '18, Fundays '19, Fundays '22

Rantt

Postby Rantt » Wed May 08, 2019 9:59 am

Kwiksilverpop wrote:
Rantt wrote:I'm cool for Funko to slowly come out other xmen pops.. Its been a fast and furious year for most of us!

Ya agree with you. Sometimes it's like really fast and furious all come out at one time and need to selectively buy...
:freddy2: Kent Chua

ISO: AstroBoy Protos, Maleficent Protos, Funko Freddy Protos.

grandpa_stern

Postby grandpa_stern » Wed May 08, 2019 10:01 am

buried_by_pops wrote:I need a cool, acrobatically posed (like with the tail supporting from below) Nightcrawler with glow in the dark eyes and translucent/maybe glow in the dark tendrils of teleportation smoke.

Did...did someone say glow??? :freddy2:
I'm Josh

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed May 08, 2019 10:47 am

My guess is a licensing issue between both Fox and Disney?

grandpa_stern

Postby grandpa_stern » Wed May 08, 2019 12:28 pm

rexflexall wrote:My guess is a licensing issue between both Fox and Disney?

There's also this rumor that a guy at Marvel HATES the X-Men. I can't find the article but here's the other one about why there isn't more merchandise. It's pretty much what others have said previously.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/08/02 ... at-marvel/
I'm Josh

Kwiksilverpop

Postby Kwiksilverpop » Wed May 08, 2019 5:20 pm

Rantt wrote:
Kwiksilverpop wrote:

Ya agree with you. Sometimes it's like really fast and furious all come out at one time and need to selectively buy...

Yup that’s where I’m at. It’s hard to make space and I don’t want to tuck away part of the collection into storage.
Cons: Comikaze' 15, SDCC '16, NYCC '16, Blizzcon '16, ECCC '17, D23 '17, SDCC '17, Blizzcon '17, ECCC '18, SDCC' 18, NYCC '18, DCON '18, SDCC '19, NYCC' 21, SDCC '22
Events: Fundays '16, Fright Night '16, Fundays '17, HQ Grand Opening '17, Fundays '18, Fundays '19, Fundays '22

anime23

Postby anime23 » Wed May 08, 2019 5:54 pm

Spartacus wrote:
Classier wrote:Don’t bring Thor into this. That has been one of the most consistently requested pops since day one of my collecting, and they finally made it after seven long years. I’d love to more X-Men, but Funko has a problem making pops from the comics period, much less the X-Men’s corner.

:D

DYING!!! lol lol lol lol
Would you believe I just found the signature block? My name is Kimberly check out my foodagram @imonehungrynerd or nerdy stuff @thenerdelement

Image Image

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Thu May 09, 2019 11:05 am

FunkoFresh253 wrote:i pray for the future of xmen films. they were a childhood favorite comic and cartoon, and still prefer reading xmen related comics over any other marvel.

Now that Marvel has the X-men rights back in their paws. Rest assured we will get the X-men done right and then some. Come back and revisit this when that Marvel Studios X-men movie comes out lol
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

FunkoFresh253

Postby FunkoFresh253 » Thu May 09, 2019 11:27 am

PopPChulo wrote:
FunkoFresh253 wrote:i pray for the future of xmen films. they were a childhood favorite comic and cartoon, and still prefer reading xmen related comics over any other marvel.

Now that Marvel has the X-men rights back in their paws. Rest assured we will get the X-men done right and then some. Come back and revisit this when that Marvel Studios X-men movie comes out lol

i can see it now...house of m, messiah complex, uncanny xforce
Team Goonies! Team Pop Protectors! Team Lumberjacks!Image

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Thu May 09, 2019 12:37 pm

FunkoFresh253 wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

i can see it now...house of m, messiah complex, uncanny xforce

Oh yeah i think the first thing marvel will do is scrap the current alfits and go for something closer to the comics and probably run with Uncanny X-men. Woooo X-men is going to be a whole nother beast once marvel puts out a film
PopPChulo

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Thu May 09, 2019 4:38 pm

While this point is no longer relevant due to the Disney-Fox merger, I believe that, for the entire lifespan of POP!s, dorbz, Mystery Minis and most of Funko's most popular product lines, Marvel has made a very aggressive effort to make the Avengers Characters the center of attention, rather than the X-Men. While the X-Men are still present and still influence the Marvel Comics Universe, it's definitely the Avengers that have become the "main" heroes. I believe that this was part of a very calculated effort by Marvel that included a decrease in their presence in the the comics, in Marvel animated television and in merchandise (including Funko).
Image Image Image Image
First Funko Product: Captain Rex Wobbler
First POP: Deadpool

Hawkeye_13

Postby Hawkeye_13 » Sat May 18, 2019 3:00 pm

Very excited for those first class x-men pops! Cyclops,jean,iceman,angel and beast!

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Mon May 20, 2019 7:57 pm

I seen a post on FB about Walmart exclusive pops w/movie. They were similar to the venom pops they did a while backm full size pop with digital code. They showed logan, magneto, cable and quicksilver. Definitely going to be looking for these!
Hi! I'm Dustin! I'm addicted to Pops! and a sucker for nostalgia... my wife thinks I'm stuck in the 90's.

I'm growing older but not up
- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Mon May 20, 2019 8:03 pm

jkcohen626 wrote:While this point is no longer relevant due to the Disney-Fox merger, I believe that, for the entire lifespan of POP!s, dorbz, Mystery Minis and most of Funko's most popular product lines, Marvel has made a very aggressive effort to make the Avengers Characters the center of attention, rather than the X-Men. While the X-Men are still present and still influence the Marvel Comics Universe, it's definitely the Avengers that have become the "main" heroes. I believe that this was part of a very calculated effort by Marvel that included a decrease in their presence in the the comics, in Marvel animated television and in merchandise (including Funko).

This is well said...I agree with you and I've actually had this same convo with friends recently.

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Mon May 20, 2019 8:03 pm

jkcohen626 wrote:While this point is no longer relevant due to the Disney-Fox merger, I believe that, for the entire lifespan of POP!s, dorbz, Mystery Minis and most of Funko's most popular product lines, Marvel has made a very aggressive effort to make the Avengers Characters the center of attention, rather than the X-Men. While the X-Men are still present and still influence the Marvel Comics Universe, it's definitely the Avengers that have become the "main" heroes. I believe that this was part of a very calculated effort by Marvel that included a decrease in their presence in the the comics, in Marvel animated television and in merchandise (including Funko).

This is well said...I agree with you and I've actually had this same convo with friends recently.

Starwarsfanatic1

Postby Starwarsfanatic1 » Mon May 20, 2019 11:56 pm

Spartacus wrote:Here comes yet another Thor Pop and we still haven't seen a Gambit or Rogue or Jubilee and the list goes on and on. And we've seen this time and time again with countless other Marvel characters. Thor has over 10 versions. I'm happy for his fans lol but what about the rest of us? DC fans get new Pop!s every month it seems!

Why haven't we seen for example an updated white costume Storm or a classic black costume Storm? Mr. Sinister, Omega Red, Magneto, Nightcrawler, Mystique, updated Wolverine, Polaris... I could go on and on.

Does it come down to licensing? Why (for example) would it be a struggle to get license to do another version of Archangel when they've already had permission to create him? Why would Marvel say yes to a Storm, Psylocke and Phoenix Pop, yet say no to Gambit or Omega Red?

I need these in my life!

Maybe we will see more X-Men Pops, being under Disney now. :-k
FUNKO HOLLYWOOD GRAND OPENING
SDCC 17, 18, 19, 22, 23
FUNDAYS 2019, 2022, 2023
FUNKON 2021

funkepops

Postby funkepops » Tue May 21, 2019 2:25 am

I need these in my life!

The gambit pop is just straight fire!
Image Image Image

Follow me on IG: http://www.instagram.com/funkepops
ISO: Regular Tony the Tiger, OG ad icons pops

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Tue May 21, 2019 9:51 am

funkepops wrote:

I need these in my life!

That gambit pop is flame. Its about time we get a gambit pop
PopPChulo

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Tue May 21, 2019 9:54 am

PopPChulo wrote:
funkepops wrote:

I need these in my life!

That gambit pop is flame. Its about time we get a gambit pop

That Nightcrawler tho!
Hi! I'm Dustin! I'm addicted to Pops! and a sucker for nostalgia... my wife thinks I'm stuck in the 90's.

I'm growing older but not up
- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

yasowat

Postby yasowat » Tue May 21, 2019 12:24 pm

That Nightcrawler customer is so awesome. I would definitely want to see Funko's take on it.

BestDadEver

Postby BestDadEver » Tue May 21, 2019 12:54 pm

dmitch86 wrote:I think a lot of if it has to do with Fox owning the X-men for so long.. where as Disney got their hands on all the others much sooner, got them in main stream media and just made them more well known. A lot of people that "like Marvel" have probably never read a comic book and only know the cinematic universe

Yeah wondered about that. Wonder if this will change with Disney in the mix?
Image Image

FunkoLoco

Postby FunkoLoco » Tue May 21, 2019 1:00 pm

i love the xmen as well. Wish they made more.
ImageImage

djwu

Postby djwu » Tue May 21, 2019 9:11 pm

grandpa_stern wrote:

Did...did someone say glow??? :freddy2:

That would be awesome but yeah I said the same thing lol
Image Image

kiptrip

Postby kiptrip » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:43 pm

Kwiksilverpop wrote:
Rantt wrote:
Kwiksilverpop wrote:

Yup that’s where I’m at. It’s hard to make space and I don’t want to tuck away part of the collection into storage.

This is exactly what I’ve had to do due to lack of space! I miss my collection but just have nowhere to display :(

But whatever x-men pops I do have are OUT LOUD AND PROUD :)
ISO: Chase Error Batman, Walmart Toothless, HT Thor with Helmet, Metallic Nightwing, Glitter Celestia, Glitter Luna, MM Blue Trixie, MM Santa Jack

MajorLeaguePops

Postby MajorLeaguePops » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:07 am

Spartacus wrote:Image

Those customs look amazing. I hope they don't reboot X-Men and not have pops that look like the 2000's movies X-Men. And if they do reboot it, they don't change things drastically.

Strending625
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Strending625 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:02 am

I’ve been wanting more X-Men pops for a long time but I know it comes down to licensing and really want Marvel wants to be made :dontknow:
Brandon
Duty today for a funner tomorrow
Pops: More than my wife needs to know about lol

theredwitch

Postby theredwitch » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:16 am

MrSmileyFace wrote:
StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:
Chase Variant wrote:

It's mostly insider to my knowledge, I used to work for the Disney Store for many years and this was sort of openly talked about amongst the Marvel people. I started there the last year there was any merch in the stores (comic verse at that point) and they've still not made a return.

I'd love an X-Men Evolution set to go with the 90's set tbh.
ImageImage Image
ISO: White Phoenix, White Phoenix GITD, Robb Stark, Grey Wind
SDCC 2009 - SDCC 2010 - SDCC 2011 - SDCC 2012 - SDCC 2014 - SDCC 2015 - SDCC 2016 - SDCC 2017 - SDCC 2018 - SDCC 2019

Return to “Pop!”